• Latest reply 6 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guzz4851.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I need some assistance here. Probably made some mistakes and I'm quickly learning but not fast enough
I wanted to add more flashers to the sparky multi ball. Bought four extra 12 volt SMD fishers with wire and alligator clips. Probably a mistake but like I said I'm learning. I clipped one on each flasher behind sparky where the back panel electric shock image is. Everything was fine until....
Played a game today. Got to sparky multi ball and he shook, lights flashed and then the high power seemed to stop. The music continued, lights were on, but the machine wouldn't send the balls, no flippers etc.
I checked the fuses and saw that all were lit with red led except F10. I replaced it and the game works but the flashers are now screwed up. I unhooked all the alligator clips to bring it back to stock and now the right two flashers that are in the back panel remain on. The one even began to smoke so I quickly turned off the machine and decided to make this post.
Hoping I can reverse those and I didn't do major damage. Any guidance is appreciated. The pics are the two flashers in question. Thank you all.

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Seems as if the two flashers in question have continued power to them....I rigged a test lamp flasher on both and the test flasher lit continuously....clipped the test rig on the other two flashers on left side and it didn't light, only when the flasher went off. So the right side flasher lamps, unlike the left, seem to have a continuous power feed. That might explain the smoking I witnessed earlier. The only remedy I have come up with is removing those two flashers bulbs from the sockets. Game plays fine....but kinda stinks that those flashers are missing now. If anyone has any ideas to try I'm all ears.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guzz4851.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-flasher-issues?tu=Guzz4851 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.