Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

I need some assistance here. Probably made some mistakes and I'm quickly learning but not fast enough
I wanted to add more flashers to the sparky multi ball. Bought four extra 12 volt SMD fishers with wire and alligator clips. Probably a mistake but like I said I'm learning. I clipped one on each flasher behind sparky where the back panel electric shock image is. Everything was fine until....
Played a game today. Got to sparky multi ball and he shook, lights flashed and then the high power seemed to stop. The music continued, lights were on, but the machine wouldn't send the balls, no flippers etc.
I checked the fuses and saw that all were lit with red led except F10. I replaced it and the game works but the flashers are now screwed up. I unhooked all the alligator clips to bring it back to stock and now the right two flashers that are in the back panel remain on. The one even began to smoke so I quickly turned off the machine and decided to make this post.
Hoping I can reverse those and I didn't do major damage. Any guidance is appreciated. The pics are the two flashers in question. Thank you all.

IMG_0004 (resized).JPG

IMG_0003 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

Seems as if the two flashers in question have continued power to them....I rigged a test lamp flasher on both and the test flasher lit continuously....clipped the test rig on the other two flashers on left side and it didn't light, only when the flasher went off. So the right side flasher lamps, unlike the left, seem to have a continuous power feed. That might explain the smoking I witnessed earlier. The only remedy I have come up with is removing those two flashers bulbs from the sockets. Game plays fine....but kinda stinks that those flashers are missing now. If anyone has any ideas to try I'm all ears.

#3 1 year ago

Yea you shorted the flasher circuit which caused the fuse to blow. Replacing the fuse got the game working again but it sounds like the short probably took out the associated board transistor that runs those flashers and they're not shorted on. You'll need to test that transistor and replace it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New York, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Jacob, IL
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside