10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fridgejam
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi there,

I haven't done much research on the Metallica game yet, but the only real feature of the Premium version that I'd really like to see in the Pro is the color changing lights in the GI.

Has there been any speculation as to whether a software/hardware upgrade will be available down the road for the Pro?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, admittedly I've only glances over the Metallica threads.

Thanks in advance!

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Has there been any speculation as to whether a software/hardware upgrade will be available down the road for the Pro?

This just isn't going to happen. Its a whole other system than whats used in the pro, as well as a value proposition Stern uses. Want this feature? Pay $$$.

If they won't even add a pure software difference between the LE and pro model like Tron's Daft Punk multiball, they sure as hell aren't going to do something as complex as this.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

This just isn't going to happen. Its a whole other system than whats used in the pro, as well as a value proposition Stern uses. Want this feature? Pay $$$.
    If they won't even add a pure software difference between the LE and pro model like Tron's Daft Punk multiball, they sure as hell aren't going to do something as complex as this.

This is exactly the answer I needed. Not what I wanted to hear, mind you, but direct and with explanation.

Thanks much!

#4 10 years ago

I agree, color changing light feature is the only thing I would really miss from the premium.

Maybe the guys working on the Tron unlimited project could work on a mod for this? I reckon there would a big market out there with all of the pros being sold.

Post edited by fridgejam : typo

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-color-changing-gi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.