You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-687.jpg
IMG_3728.jpg
IMG_3726.JPG
image.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I am having an issue with my Snake on Metallica. For some reason the jaw will not shut all the time. Having difficulty getting it to close even in test.
Also not sure if the lower lip is suppose to be above the playfield when open. Here is a pic of my snake when open.
Is this the normal position?
Also anyone else having issues with it closing?
Tom.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

The lip on mine is a bit above the playfield as well. Not sure if that's normal or not. Mine looks similar to yours...

#3 10 years ago

That is the way it is supposed to be.

#4 10 years ago

mine looks to be a couple of millimetres lower than yours.

#5 10 years ago

Mine may also be a tiny bit lower, hard to really tell for sure. But it doesn't go down level with the playfield.

#6 10 years ago

The big annoyance is the jaw not closing. I can hear it trying to close but it stays open. Happens about 50% of the time (not closing).

#7 10 years ago

I took the mech off. It was hard to remove the head from the playfield as it is a tight fit. There is an adjustment for the latch/latch coil. Tightened the screw a bit and no more problem with the jaw not closing. Just though I would share in case someone had a similar problem.

#8 10 years ago

Mine also seemed too high from the factory & with the help of a fellow pinsider I was able to adjust it to what seems a better level. I would get many rejected shots to the snake before the adjustment & even air balls caused from the Snakes Lower Jaw being a little too high.

IMG_3726.JPGIMG_3726.JPG IMG_3728.jpgIMG_3728.jpg

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Mine also seemed too high from the factory & with the help of a fellow pinsider I was able to adjust it to what seems a better level.

What did you do to lower it? Do you notice the ball getting in there a bit easier now?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What did you do to lower it? Do you notice the ball getting in there a bit easier now?

Much easier.....KME was over here when I unboxed it & a couple days later after I adjusted it & we both could tell what a huge difference it made.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool...so what's the trick?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Its a secret only members of the "Fan Club" are allowed to share......(;

Too hard to explain now ill try n show you later when I get back from the freak show also know as Comicon.

#13 10 years ago

Poor Rarehero. Always being put off till later.

#14 10 years ago

I would also like to know the "trick".

#15 10 years ago

I would love to know how you lowered it as well, I get a fair amount of snake rejects on mine...

#16 10 years ago

I did notice this when playing it.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Umm yeah. Not cool to show such a sweet tweak and walk off...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I did notice this when playing it.

mine is OK

#19 10 years ago

I would like to know also,I need to lower mine.I looked at the bottom and cold not see a way to lower

#20 10 years ago

Yeah, same here... spill the beans!

#21 10 years ago

Need the Info. Bump.

#22 10 years ago

I'm guessing if you were to take it apart like smassa did, the secret would be revealed. Either that or you would end up with a bunch of snake pieces.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing if you were to take it apart like smassa did, the secret would be revealed. Either that or you would end up with a bunch of snake pieces.

Yeah... i'm a bit concerned about the latter result. I don't mind tearing into my old machines, but I'd like to have goals in mind for NIB stuff heh

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am having an issue with my Snake on Metallica. For some reason the jaw will not shut all the time. Having difficulty getting it to close even in test.
Also not sure if the lower lip is suppose to be above the playfield when open. Here is a pic of my snake when open.
Is this the normal position?
Also anyone else having issues with it closing?
Tom.

Have you tried turning your pinball machine right-side up?

#25 10 years ago

Just checking and appeared to be a hard shot to always hit and stay in.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from PinballHelp:

Listen boys. I have had that mech out 3 times fixing the closing mech. I talked to Stern tech support. They told me no way to adjust the lower jaw.
Wouldn't hurt to share the info with fellow pinsiders.

#27 10 years ago

I think the way is to lower the entire mechanism with some spacers washers under the playfield. Mine is "high" but works well.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

You win one internet. Haha

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think the way is to lower the entire mechanism with some spacers washers under the playfield. Mine is "high" but works well.

Winner Winner chicken dinner!!!!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Quoted from smassa:

That was a hard one to figure out. lol

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Too hard to explain now ill try n show you later when I get back from the freak show also know as Comicon.

Quoted from smassa:

mandelbloom said:

That WAS hard to explain for sure.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That was a hard one to figure out. lol

Even harder to explain .

#33 10 years ago

Keep in mind there may be a reason its that high? Smassa you have any balls get stuck when its lowered. My Snake seems pretty receptive even with two rows of scales above the playfield.

#34 10 years ago

I have tested with my hand holding down the jaw a little and
Balls can get stuck between the protector and lower jaw

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have tested with my hand holding down the jaw a little and
Balls can get stuck between the protector and lower jaw

You have it lowered too much then.....If you look at the pic I posted there isnt enough room for the ball to get stuck there.

#36 10 years ago

I noticed there is a screw on the lower jaw, might that be a way to adjust the height? Adding spacers might be okay too I guess.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I noticed there is a screw on the lower jaw, might that be a way to adjust the height? Adding spacers might be okay too I guess.

That Screw did nothing to lower the jaw. I tried messing with the adjustment screw & it didnt work. Thats when I got a email from someone about how they fixed theirs by using washers to slightly lower the jaw. I went from about 60-70% rejected shots to only around 10-15%. And all the rejected shots are from the tight nature of the scoop not the lower Jaw being too high.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thats when I got a email from someone about how they fixed theirs by using washers to slightly lower the jaw.

I hope you're not expecting to collect royalties for this information.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Quoted from smassa:

See that wasn't so hard. Thanks.

Quoted from smassa:

Its a secret only members of the "Fan Club" are allowed to share......(;

You have a hard time explaining how to put some washers under the mech?

#40 10 years ago

It may look odd to you because you are looking at it upside down according to the photo the OP posted.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

See that wasn't so hard. Thanks.

You have a hard time explaining how to put some washers under the mech?

Its not explaining it but its more that you only want to put them under certain screws....Not the entire snake mech. I was trying to wait till I got home to be able to show pic's of which ones to put them under. But if you dont want to wait have at it. Its easily reversed.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Its not explaining it but its more that you only want to put them under certain screws....Not the entire snake mech. I was trying to wait till I got home to be able to show pic's of which ones to put them under. But if you dont want to wait have at it. Its easily reversed.

Gotcha. I will wait. Have fun at ComicCon.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hope you're not expecting to collect royalties for this information.

Just wanted to wait to show which ones to put washers on. Dont want anyone blaming me if they screw up their scoop by doing it wrong.

#44 10 years ago

what type of screws hold this mech to the playfield?

If its the hex cap wood screws, is there any risk about stripping out the holes with not enough threads engaged? Or are the amount of spacers so small that longer screws would be overkill?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

what type of screws hold this mech to the playfield?
If its the hex cap wood screws, is there any risk about stripping out the holes with not enough threads engaged? Or are the amount of spacers so small that longer screws would be overkill?

Wood screws hold it in place an yes i went to a slightly longer screw for a couple of the holes that seemed to need it to hold the scoop securely in place.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Just wanted to wait to show which ones to put washers on. Dont want anyone blaming me if they screw up their scoop by doing it wrong.

Yeah I was looking at it and wondering since the way the bracket is shaped, it has a lot of screws holding it on, it looked like you might only need to put washers on the front two?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah I was looking at it and wondering since the way the bracket is shaped, it has a lot of screws holding it on, it looked like you might only need to put washers on the front two?

No there are 4 screws that need to have washers

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No there are 4 screws that need to have washers

Gotcha, hook us up with a pic when you get a chance.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Gotcha, hook us up with a pic when you get a chance.

Will do....will try n post tonite.

2 weeks later
#50 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Will do....will try n post tonite.

What ever happened with this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premle-snake-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.