0709131158a.jpg
0709131158.jpg
0705132100a.jpg
P6300025_01.JPG
P6300015.JPG
P6300033.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday built on July 1st! Works great, however after applying from NXT wax its so fast the drop are having the issue

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG

#52 10 years ago

Picking mine up on Thurs. I anticipate a July 1 date because mine was said to be delayed. It shipped on the 3rd. Road case..

#53 10 years ago

GRH...I like the guitar mods. Nice touch! I may have to copy that. Thanks for the pictures. I am starting to get excited. Still haven't heard when mine will be shipped. I purchased shortly after the premiums were announced.

#54 10 years ago

thanks.....I will say it again...this machine ROCKS!!!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Picking mine up on Thurs. I anticipate a July 1 date because mine was said to be delayed. It shipped on the 3rd. Road case..

nice....wanted to go roadcase, but trans availability scared me

#56 10 years ago

Good looking game, GRH... Chad, are those LED flipper buttons? I put some on my Road Show last night. I didn't think they were very bright...

Anyone know when the next Pro run commences?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Good looking game, GRH... Chad, are those LED flipper buttons? I put some on my Road Show last night. I didn't think they were very bright...

Towards the end of the Month.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Good looking game, GRH

TY

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

nice....wanted to go roadcase, but trans availability scared me

Yeah, me too. I picked up my DD today. I'll unbox it tomorrow

BTW - if anyone is looking to buy a Road Case Premium I know a distributor who has one.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Nah. Just clear ones i had. Think im gonna add purple flashers behind the grave marker tomorrow.

#61 10 years ago

This pinball is looking good. My Porsche needed 50,000 mile maintenance that set me back $2,200.00 Or I would be ordering mine.

#62 10 years ago

Buddy?

#63 10 years ago

Still no word from distributer. Are others still rolling in?

#64 10 years ago

Finally got mine set up and going. Build date was 6/27/13. No issues out of the box aside from minor things people have already mentioned (hammer/captive ball not catching every time, drop targets not dropping when hit too hard). Here's my high score I put up today:

20130715_174133.jpg20130715_174133.jpg

#65 10 years ago

They had the magnets turned down in X-Men in early code. I wonder if they do it purposefully? Don't know, maybe the playfield needs time to settle or cure so it does not have early ware around the magnet hole.

Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Finally got mine set up and going. Build date was 6/27/13. No issues out of the box aside from minor things people have already mentioned (hammer/captive ball not catching every time, drop targets not dropping when hit too hard). Here's my high score I put up today:

Machine looks great! Nice score!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

ChrisS got his (WI).....road case version

Just saw this thread. Yeah mine is an interesting story.

GAP was fantastic through the whole thing. Hit him up the 25th of June and reminded him that I was headed out of town for a bit. So he called stern and said he would have it in hand on the 27th.

I picked it up the afternoon of the 27th. Got it home. My buddy helped me move it to the basement the afternoon of the 28th. Unboxed it, set it up and played 4 games. Grabbed my luggage and headed to the airport for a flight to Euroland. Been here ever since.

The bitch of it was he beat me the first game we played. Guess I better start playing with the glass off.

Can't wait to get home and put some time on it.

Road case for me. Fits the theme of the basement.

Chris

#67 10 years ago

My DD premium was built july 3, and it was delivered on the 15th. cool game, but it needs a sound upgrade asap, and rails with flipper button protection. Cab art is really nice for being a sticker.
I have bought several NIB sterns and I know what to expect, and it is what it is. If I didn't like it, or the issues bothered me, I just wouldn't buy it. No biggie.
Actually My sister paid for it, but still.

#68 10 years ago

I got a message from JJ that my Pro is shipping from Stern today. I'm not sure what that means for the distributors waiting for Premiums, but it's another piece of information that I felt was worth sharing.

1 week later
#69 10 years ago

So I got my DD machine July 30. Build date July 20. I was able to fix most of the issue out of the box. Mainly cosmetic issues. Lower chrome T molding on the head was slightly long. Pulled, cut and replaced. Decal around LFT flipper was twisted and bubbled. Removed button and took hairdryer to melt glue and flatten out.

After playing for a bit I noticed the sound would intermittently drop from 100% to about 15 %. Each speaker works. I think I saw this in another thread. Does anyone have a link or know the fix? I will investigate more tomorrow.

Another issue is on plunge. Intermittently once the ball is plunged onto the playfield the ball strikes the side of the inner rail guides and drops to the right flipper. Does anyone have or know of this issue and fix? I looked at it and it is not an obvious fix. I am going to call Stern

Overall the game is great and I am looking forward to fully dialing this game in. I will post some pictures soon

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Mainly cosmetic issues. Lower chrome T molding on the head was slightly long. Pulled, cut and replaced. Decal around LFT flipper was twisted and bubbled. Removed button and took hairdryer to melt glue and flatten out.

Same quality control issues from STERN that pisses me off. But I am glad you got your game and are having fun. Peace

#71 10 years ago

Thanks Rob. It does seem the quality and build on Metallica is solid. But that being said, paying a premium price, we should always get a premium machine without too many issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premiumswho-has-them/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.