Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by headwedge63
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6209 2.JPG
20140627_220858.jpg
219324.jpg
Metallica-Playfield.jpg
2222222222222 (2).png
Metallica LE newton ball left.JPG
Metallica LE newton ball front.JPG
Metallica LE newton ball right.JPG
right here.jpg
This.jpg
sk8foam.jpg
velcro.jpg
IMAG0948.jpg
IMAG0947.jpg
IMAG0943.jpg
IMAG0944.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinballwizard79 said:

Can you guys install a piece of foam or felt with adhesive backing to the metal plate?
Or am I talking nonsense?

Nope. You need the transfer of energy to the captive ball behind it so it hits the target.

Not entirely true. I have had the loop velcro on since day one and it works perfectly...and it protects the block.
Maybe why I'm not experiencing the issues others describe is because of this little add on.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

hank35 said:

Not entirely true. I have had the loop velcro on since day one and it works perfectly...and it protects the block.
Maybe why I'm not experiencing the issues others describe is because of this little add on.

loop Velcro, are you talking about the stuff to wrap speaker wire in a bundle?

Velcro uses hook and loop strips. I cut a small piece of the loop piece a little bit wider than the block front and wrapped it around the block. I prepped the block by cleaning it with alcohol and have had no problem with the velcro strip adhering. I have about 500 plays on it and this is my second piece of velcro used. Easy to do and no dis-assembly required.
velcro.jpg

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I can't find the ones as wide as what you show in the pic. You have a link? I been to a few stores and all I could find was the Velcro loop strips that are abit smaller in width and you don't need the to adhere (basically there use is to bundle stereo wires together, etc.). You loop it through the hole and tighten by pulling on it then get it where you want it and put the two pieces of Velcro together to seal. Maybe the thinner piece may work to, have to see.

I got it at Home Depot. It comes in a 4 pack and comes in different widths. I used 3/4"
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Velcro-3-1-2-in-x-3-4-in-Sticky-Back-Strips-4-Pack-90075/202261913

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside