(Topic ID: 55630)

Metallica Premium/LE has 18 approved ratings & isn't listed in the top 100?

By ZippyThePinhead

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by teekee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Metallica Premium/LE is not listed in the rating yet because”

• The Metallica haters don't want to see it will replace MM as the #1 pin. 5 votes
    10%
  • The WOZ owners are hoping the delay will help them close the gap on the ratings between their pin and the Metallica Premium/LE. 0 votes
  • Just waiting for more ratings to make sure the current high ratings aren't a fluke. 8 votes
    17%
  • Everyone who couldn't get one from their distributor originally is trying to buy one now before the ratings are published and the subsequential price increase. 3 votes
    6%
  • Don't give a rat's ass. 32 votes
    67%

(48 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_m9eedq90J81resikxo1_500.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know why Metallica Premium/LE isn't listed in the ratings yet?

#2 10 years ago

With the software at such a early stage, the ratings are kind of meaningless at this point. That's why I never rate games with early code.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With the software at such a early stage, the ratings are kind of meaningless at this point. That's why I never rate games with early code.

I understand why some people don't rate newly released pins...I was just curious why the results of the 18 people who did rate it, aren't showing up on the top 100 list. Unless something has changed, I thought 15 ratings was all that was needed to be listed. I do realize that Sunday is when the top 100 list is updated...but I'm pretty sure there were more than 15 before the Sunday update. It's not a big deal because I know it will eventually be listed...just trying to satsify my curiousity. Thanks for any insight.

#4 10 years ago

I wish I had some insight to give you. Unfortunately, It's a mystery to me as well.

#5 10 years ago

I wish there was an option 5 which would read:

I'm so freaking confused about this thread that not only did I not know how to vote, I had no idea what the purpose of the thread was.

#6 10 years ago

So apparently if you don't think metallica is the best pin to date you're a hater... umm okay. If 18 people voted and it overtook MM would it be the best pin? No. I don't know how many people rated MM but I'm sure its much more than 18. I'm not gonna take the word over 18 people but I will when its 100s to 1000s.

Oh and if you enjoy metallica then why give a shit about the ratings?

#7 10 years ago

Cool topic...bla bla bla and bla bla

#8 10 years ago

It's not listed yet because there weren't 15 ratings the last time the votes were counted up on Sunday. It will be #1 this coming Monday and will stay there for a week until it is voted down the following week. Same as every other new pin release on this site.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I wish there was an option 5 which would read:
I'm so freaking confused about this thread that not only did I not know how to vote, I had no idea what the purpose of the thread was.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

So apparently if you don't think metallica is the best pin to date you're a hater... umm okay. If 18 people voted and it overtook MM would it be the best pin? No. I don't know how many people rated MM but I'm sure its much more than 18. I'm not gonna take the word over 18 people but I will when its 100s to 1000s.
Oh and if you enjoy metallica then why give a shit about the ratings?

Good God people...lighten up...it was only a "tongue in cheek" poll.

Quoted from thunderking50:

Cool topic...bla bla bla and bla bla

It's not okay to ask a pinball question on here anymore? But it's okay to ask, "What kind of cereal do you like"? Seriously?

#10 10 years ago

No doubt, cmon guys, Cerealously.

I finally got to play the Metallica Pro today!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's not listed yet because there weren't 15 ratings the last time the votes were counted up on Sunday. It will be #1 this coming Monday and will stay there for a week until it is voted down the following week. Same as every other new pin release on this site.

Bingo. Although, as each new pin passes MM the backlash against them gets less and less. When Tron LE passed it (was first to do so) that sucker almost dropped out of the top 100. Heck, the pro still outranks the LE due to the down voting Tron had.

That said, you will get some down voting when it hits number one. No question.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No doubt, cmon guys, Cerealously.

At least someone has a sense of humor around here...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck, the pro still outranks the LE due to the down voting Tron had.

Thats because TRON pro is just simply a better machine, check the rankings.

FYI its Crackling Oat Bran! tumblr_m9eedq90J81resikxo1_500.jpgtumblr_m9eedq90J81resikxo1_500.jpg

#14 10 years ago

I like cereal it should be number 1, it has 1 vote.

#15 10 years ago

Oh also I wouldn't share my cereal with a guy that has his junk hanging out

#16 10 years ago

This isn't that hard of a puzzle. The ratings are compounded and resisted on Sunday night. As of last Sunday there weren't enough ratings to list it. Now there are. It will show up this Sunday/Monday.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to downvote the crap out of Metallica. It makes me feel like I have a bigger dick.

So you are saying thats you on the left in the crackling oat pic?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to downvote the crap out of Metallica. It makes me feel like I have a bigger dick.

#20 10 years ago

I like Cheerios with sugar. Rice Chex is a close second.

#21 10 years ago

Wait til Sunday.

#22 10 years ago

This machine deserves a top 15 rating. But, then again, TRON LE deserves a top 10 rating.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This machine deserves a top 15 rating. But, then again, TRON LE deserves a top 10 rating.

Tron LE is the shiznit!!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

But, then again, TRON LE deserves a top 10 rating.

Yeah, same with STTNG, IJ, TSPP, WH20,and Shadow.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yeah, same with STTNG, IJ, TSPP, WH20,and Shadow.

TRON is a better game than all of those. And I love all of them.

#27 10 years ago

This week's rankings are in...Metallica Premium/LE is still not listed in the "Top 100" with 22 approved ratings. There's obviously a glitch or something going on with Pinside's rankings...who knows, there might even be a small amount of reality in what was originally intended as a "tongue in cheek" poll...

#28 10 years ago

Good thing...still early code to fully rank it.

My 2 cents

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

This week's rankings are in...Metallica Premium/LE is still not listed in the "Top 100" with 22 approved ratings. There's obviously a glitch or something going on with Pinside's rankings...who knows, there might even be a small amount of reality in what was originally intended as a "tongue in cheek" poll...

The rankings don't update till about 6am cst even though they say they have updated at midnight. At least that is how it normally goes.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The rankings don't update till about 6am cat even though they say they have updated at midnight. At least that is how it normally goes.

That's strange...but good to know...

#31 10 years ago

# 1 now... time for the haters (WoZ robots) to unite and destroy it!

I'm sure the WoZ lovers that gave WoZ a perfect '10' should be ready to give MoPLE a strong '1'

#32 10 years ago

I cant wait for it to pass AC/DC and watch the flame wars.

#33 10 years ago

Metallica is Great news for Stern !

it looks to be the 5th Stern title to grace Pinsides top 10

what a top effort

Congrats to Stern,

bring on SR's Star Trek
and a team that has an interest and passion for Iron Maiden
with Bruce and the bands support
I believe Stern will dominate the top ten, Wow !

#34 10 years ago

Why do people overrate a game when it first comes out, pumping the game immediately does nothing for it. Now it's #1 and will get a ton of crappy ratings so haters can hate. If it would have made its debut in the 15-20 range even it would likely end up where it belongs, now it will get destroyed for awhile. It's been said before, a new game should not appear in the ratings until it has 50-100 ratings

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Why do people overrate a game when it first comes out, pumping the game immediately does nothing for it. Now it's #1 and will get a ton of crappy ratings so haters can hate. If it would have made its debut in the 15-20 range even it would likely end up where it belongs, now it will get destroyed for awhile. It's been said before, a new game should not appear in the ratings until it has 50-100 ratings

Honestly I wouldn't worry about the ratings. So much has changed over the last year or so. It seems with WoZ also came a war. A war of love and hate. I know its always been there but not like this! Things have gotten so personal over the past year its crazy! Mine is better than yours. Don't mess with WoZ or your MOP is a gone'r. Crap on my ACDC and your going down. MET Pro is awesome but MoPLE has issues. MoPLE is the next ACDC times 2. Have I missed anything? The rating system (unfortunately) has become a weapon in the latest pinball wars. Nothing is as it seems. Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear... never before has 'play it for yourself before judging' meant so much!

Ok, let's continue the war... time for Rome (MoPLE) to crumble.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premiumle-has-18-approved-ratings-isnt-listed-in-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.