Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

012fca1d819471ee144a0ed970f7839d47a9b3b2a3.jpg
01fc63c288026974dc3a39d3f109550de91024a103.jpg
metallica-and-justice-for-all-t-shirt..jpg
metallica_kill_em_all_45.jpg
1281643858lRB40H.jpg
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

It's the only game that I think the pro play is better then the premium. The premium does look better.... Especially the road case.

How is the play better? It literally has all the same shots.

#152 8 years ago

I had the LE since day 1. I now have the pro. I would not say that I *prefer* one model over the other. What I would say is that when you are in the middle of a game and the thing is rocking and balls are flying to the great soundtrack, you simply DON'T NOTICE which version you are playing. The overall game is more important than the differences between models, and the fact that people like both models to a high degree is testament to the great game design.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How is the play better? It literally has all the same shots.

Captive ball vs block is all I can figure, but it's replaceable!

I think people underestimate the color changing inserts and color changing GI. That alone kills the pro.

#154 8 years ago

Today I drove to Middletown NY to play an LE version. I played the pro at Modern Pinball NYC and loved it but ordered a premium and had second thoughts given all the posts. Money was not an issue (although it should be) After playing the LE, I am convinced that if money is not an issue than the LE is the way to go. The hammer smashing the ball is crazy, the rising cross is sick and the spitting snake is pure venom. I loved the LE and this quickly convinced me to go with the premium. The hammer does not block the view of sparky at all and adds a sort of climax to the game. Premium all the way...the pro is awesome too but if you can afford it, I don't think you will regret it.

#155 8 years ago

What are the prices people are getting on the premium? (cash deal)

#156 8 years ago

a real ball lock is worth it

#157 8 years ago

Got new LEDs from Comet, Creeping Death mod from Pinball Refinery and the Snake teeth and tongue. I took the snake head out of my machine to install and so while I had the opportunity I re-painted my snake's eyes. Looks MUCH better now!

01fc63c288026974dc3a39d3f109550de91024a103.jpg01fc63c288026974dc3a39d3f109550de91024a103.jpg

Oh, and hey - I have an LE!!

012fca1d819471ee144a0ed970f7839d47a9b3b2a3.jpg012fca1d819471ee144a0ed970f7839d47a9b3b2a3.jpg

Who knew?

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

To be fair, when everyone else was yelling about how IM was stripped down and the cheap version of Austin Powers (which, for the record it is), I'm the one who stood up and declared that IM in all of it's stripped down glory was my favorite game ever made. For me, usually, the simpler the game is playfield wise, the more that I like it.
The Premium of Metallica is fine, but if that was the only option I wouldn't own a Metallica. Like I said, other people can disagree, but it is what it is for me I also only own IM, and no longer have any interest AP.

in all fairness, IM does look like an econo game. Just as much as Rolling stones does. it's the econo version of sterns.

#159 8 years ago

What's the best price on the premiums shipped? I'm contemplating between the pro and premium. I had premium when they first came out and it was buggy with the hammer but the lighting was so awesome. My thought I can live without the hammer just wondering how owners like their LED pros

#160 8 years ago

Yeah, I am also curious where the best place (price wise) is to buy the Premiums for the re-run. I'm seriously considering buying one, and falling more and more in love with the game when I play it out in the wild at a place downtown. The game is a pro, but I think I just have to have the premium the more I look into the game.

Also, is it ever possible for a few Pinsiders with the same interests in mind to get together and put a package deal to one vendor and save some money? I would assume if everything goes smooth, everyone wins there.

Lastly, I PM'd Stern Pinball about my support for a Road Case Cabinet and a Monsters Translite hybrid for the re-run. They said thanks for the message. Did my part.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Yeah, I am also curious where the best place (price wise) is to buy the Premiums for the re-run. I'm seriously considering buying one, and falling more and more in love with the game when I play it out in the wild at a place downtown. The game is a pro, but I think I just have to have the premium the more I look into the game.
Also, is it ever possible for a few Pinsiders with the same interests in mind to get together and put a package deal to one vendor and save some money? I would assume if everything goes smooth, everyone wins there.
Lastly, I PM'd Stern Pinball about my support for a Road Case Cabinet and a Monsters Translite hybrid for the re-run. They said thanks for the message. Did my part.

Where downtown is there a Metallica?
I'm sure if you get together with a few other people you can get a good price. They are not allowed to quote any prices over email or post here, you have to speak to someone directly.

#162 8 years ago

Hey Bob, downtown Philly there is a bar called Garage. They have a Metallica Pro and an AC/DC pro. I've added this location and information to the Pinsider's pin map.

The more I research the game, watch videos, etc. the more i'm seriously considering treating myself to something amazing like this.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in all fairness, IM does look like an econo game. Just as much as Rolling Stones does. it's the econo version of sterns.

Striker Xtreme is the econo stern!

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Today I drove to Middletown NY to play an LE version. I played the pro at Modern Pinball NYC and loved it but ordered a premium and had second thoughts given all the posts. Money was not an issue (although it should be) After playing the LE, I am convinced that if money is not an issue than the LE is the way to go. The hammer smashing the ball is crazy, the rising cross is sick and the spitting snake is pure venom. I loved the LE and this quickly convinced me to go with the premium. The hammer does not block the view of sparky at all and adds a sort of climax to the game. Premium all the way...the pro is awesome too but if you can afford it, I don't think you will regret it.

Hell yea aaaaaa

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Hey Bob, downtown Philly there is a bar called Garage. They have a Metallica Pro and an AC/DC pro. I've added this location and information to the Pinsider's pin map.
The more I research the game, watch videos, etc. the more i'm seriously considering treating myself to something amazing like this.

I saw you had Allentown on your profile so I was thinking you were talking about downtown. I'm in Allentown everyday so I was thinking I was missing it..
Great game, I had the Pro, sold it to get the premium but I'm missing it big time right now as I wait. I'm not even a fan of the band..

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

They have a Metallica Pro and an AC/DC pro. I've added this location and information to the Pinsider's pin map.

This reminds me. I also like ACDC Pro more than the Premium.

I'm probably not human.

#167 8 years ago

FWIW I just ordered a premium last week, though I'm still torn if I did the right thing (vs. Pro). This is my second (really first because my first table (Black Knight) doesn't work) table ever. Am I dumb going premium? Maybe? Probably? I've only played the Pro once and liked it, and thought I could generally resell the Premium, for hopefully close to what I originally paid for it (hopefully this is true). I appreciate all the comments on both sides of this argument by the way! Ultimately I kept debating "get the pro, and have cash left for my next table" and "Go premium and live life! (and resell it for not too bad a loss at some point in the future)"...

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

FWIW I just ordered a premium last week, though I'm still torn if I did the right thing (vs. Pro). This is my second (really first because my first table (Black Knight) doesn't work) table ever. Am I dumb going premium? Maybe? Probably? I've only played the Pro once and liked it, and thought I could generally resell the Premium, for hopefully close to what I originally paid for it (hopefully this is true). I appreciate all the comments on both sides of this argument by the way! Ultimately I kept debating "get the pro, and have cash left for my next table" and "Go premium and live life! (and resell it for not too bad a loss at some point in the future)"...

Everyone has their own opinions. But I would say, without any hesitation, that you made the right choice. I learned a while ago, if you are going to do something, do it right the first time. And then do not live in regret. Enjoy the choice you made. I LOVE the premium. I have played the pro and there is no way I would trade my premium for a pro plus cash. I wouldn't want the pro version. The coffin / hammer is awesome and doesn't block any view. The snake adds important gameplay elements, the spinners are great and work with modes (FTB), and the color changing is outstanding. Sure you can add leds as you choose on the pro, but Lyman has implemented outstanding code to make the lighting on the LE/premium the balls.

#169 8 years ago

My wife loves Metallica's music, and she said get the best model, well L.E. was already soldout of course, so premium it was. Had pinball refinery do up the "The purple Monster premium", sure I spent $1500+ more, but hey its our only pin, and she wanted the best model. I tried to come through, lol. We love this machine, was a great decision for home entertainment.

#170 8 years ago

My wife and I are both fans of Metallica (seen them about 4 times, one of them we had backstage passes which was cool), back in the 80s and 90s. In fact my first concert ever was Metallica opening for Ozzy in around 86. It was their Master Of Puppets tour. They blew Ozzy out of the water.

So definitely the theme works for me, I just wasn't sure if I should spend more for the extras or not.

Thanks for those last two comments!

#171 8 years ago

You most definitely did not make a bad decision. Both are awesome games. If you decide the extra cash wasn't worth it, sell it, buy a pro, and buy another game. Win either way

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Sure you can add leds as you choose on the pro, but Lyman has implemented outstanding code to make the lighting on the LE/premium the balls.

The second version of the Pro actually comes with LEDs built in, just FYI. For me (again with the not human opinions), I wanted specifically the non-LED version so that I could put in my own LEDs, instead of the ones that come in it.

Regardless, the factory LED lighting on premiums is pretty if you're into that sort of thing.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

You most definitely did not make a bad decision. Both are awesome games. If you decide the extra cash wasn't worth it, sell it, buy a pro, and buy another game. Win either way

I completely agree - the only way to lose is not to buy one or the other.

#174 8 years ago

Lets beat a dead horse: I played the Pro again last night at Modern Pinball NYC and I loved it, I think just as much as I loved the LE that I played. The rising cross on the Premium/LE I can do without, the animated snake jaw is pretty good, but not much different in its ultimate goal, to spit out the ball. Excluding the lighting it all comes dow to the hammer. In pics I was not too fond of it, seems to look like an Aztec ruin. However, playing it was cool and it appeared to be in sync with the sound effects and added some intensity to the game. It did not block the view of Spark to me, but it did give a somewhat cluttered appearance to that playfield area. That said is the price worth it, or just throw the towel in and get a Pro LED and tastefully mod it. Oh Pinside gurus, please chime in.....

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Lets beat a dead horse: I played the Pro again last night at Modern Pinball NYC and I loved it, I think just as much as I loved the LE that I played. The rising cross on the Premium/LE I can do without, the animated snake jaw is pretty good, but not much different in its ultimate goal, to spit out the ball. Excluding the lighting it all comes dow to the hammer. In pics I was not too fond of it, seems to look like an Aztec ruin. However, playing it was cool and it appeared to be in sync with the sound effects and added some intensity to the game. It did not block the view of Spark to me, but it did give a somewhat cluttered appearance to that playfield area. That said is the price worth it, or just throw the towel in and get a Pro LED and tastefully mod it. Oh Pinside gurus, please chime in.....

I agree.
Also I am not a big fan of over sized toys. Metallica hammer, Wolverine, Well Walker and the like.

#176 8 years ago

Haterz gunna hate

2 months later
#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Believe me or not, it makes no difference; but I actually prefer the look of the pro without a hammer at all. It doesn't help that I have played my pro for a year, nearly every day. I do love the inserts/GI and spinners though. Thankfully I have added spinners (even though they are not properly integrated) and will soon be able to add the GI. I am a very happy and satisfied MET pro owner. JMHO of course.

Catching up, what do you mean soon be able to add the gi? I'm tripping my pro out with all the refinery mods and armor. Add me to the hated the hammer list. Though I'd kill for proper spinner support on mine and fade to black gi.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Catching up, what do you mean soon be able to add the gi? I'm tripping my pro out with all the refinery mods and armor. Add me to the hated the hammer list. Though I'd kill for proper spinner support on mine and fade to black gi.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 189.00
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.