• 35 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rockrand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I'm about to order a Met Premium and I was just wondering if anyone here knows if:
-Stern has Met Premiums ready for shipping to distributors (in EU)
-They still will manufacture them in the near future

The distributor here in Norway wasn't 100% sure about the availability from Stern and I'm just wondering if I might have a chance to get it with the next shipping over here or if I'm in for a couple of months waiting time.

Thanks for your help!

#2 9 years ago

Well, got my answer... Apparently, Stern hasn't any Met Premium ready for shipping and there's no production planned.
Even though it sounds a bit strange for such a great pin to stop production just a year after release, I'm on a quest again to find out which NIB Stern pin I might get...

#3 9 years ago

After waiting for what feels like far too long my wife & I are finally ready to purchase a NIB Metallica Premium (Road Case edition, I know everyone wants the Monsters version but she's a rocker and a giant road case is very cool for us <I play guitar and used to be in bands, owned several flight cases> - though I"ll have to replace the translite ASAP!) )......

Now that we are ready to buy it seems they aren't so easy to find new (either version) today as they were at this time last year - I figured that Stern would continue to manufacture premiums for some time to come (with the new LED Pro Met announced as well as Lucy and LED AC/CD pro models announced rather recently)....

We stopped at a distrib in TX recently as unfortunately we both are patients at a regional cancer center that's just minutes away from a large Stern dealer but it figures that now that we were ready to buy - No machines are to be had at that dealer! (the best they could do would be possibly a demo model is seems and the price was the same as when they were selling them new right near $7k).

Does anyone know what one would expect to pay for a Metallica Premium at this time (NIB)? I am afraid that the price may be more than in the past if production has ceased & stock is limited - even last year I never did come across a great deal or perhaps we would have gotten one by now & now that time's critical if they are truly never to be produced again we have to try to track down a premium Met RC and hope that we can get a decent deal.

What's tough to swallow is that we've paid enough in medical costs , deductibles, travel in just the past year to have bought a machines but that's another story - at least my wife did NOT have to undergo a stem cell transplant as planned last year so getting a NIB pinball machine would just be a bonus i guess a very nice bonus though - hope we can track something down and at a decent cost (funny how perspective can change once life is turned upside down at a moment's notice, if we can't find one , life goes on - i don't let the little things bother me so much anymore these days, ha)

I"m anxious to see which distributors call me back tomorrow, i just left messages for 3 dealers after work tonight.

Thanks for any current pricing info!

#4 9 years ago

Here are 3 good distributors to check with:

Pinball Refinery (Gio)
Game Exchange of Colorado (JJ)
Tilt Amusements (Trent)

Best of luck

#5 9 years ago

Damn, that means I have to get one quick then. I have been saving but the fact that they quit making them means I have to get going.

#6 9 years ago

The game is still listed on the 'in production' part of the site

http://sternpinball.com/games/metallica/premium

All they're doing is allowing demand to build before the next run. They still have to make TWD Pros and LEs, and then MMr. No reason to confirm right now that more Mets are coming and possibly suck demand from current TWD. I'd hope they'd make another Premium akin to Lucy, since the current monsters is quite similar to the Pro.

#7 9 years ago

Next run of Premium METs will be a new version! Similar to what they did with Luci on AC/DC.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Next run of Premium METs will be a new version! Similar to what they did with Luci on AC/DC.

Hmmm
Interesting

#9 9 years ago

New run of MET's is tentatively scheduled Dec/Jan.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this a guess or do you have insider info? Don't know what the sunglasses emoticon means.

#11 9 years ago

I have a Brand new custom Roadcase Metallica pinball machine I am customizing if anyone is interested.

mods
Custom lazer etched hinges and side rails
Custom Painted sparky
Marshall ramp amp mod
Custom pop bumper caps
Graveyard entrance mod
Mirror Blades
Upgraded subwoofer system
Shaker motor
Custom Topper
Back Box Led kit
Speaker Led kit
Skulls on speakers
Chrome flipper bats and flipper buttons
Premium Monster Translite signed by dirty donny
Chrome ball shooter rod

GAP
www.greatamericanpinball.com

#12 9 years ago

^^^^^
IMHO the roadcase edition with the premium monsters translite looks fantastic!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

New run of MET's is tentatively scheduled Dec/Jan.

Is that with a new art package?

#14 9 years ago

I like both premium cabinets but the roadcase translite is horrendous. Is the premium monsters translite available from Stern? If so, that would be the way to go for sure.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Is this a guess or do you have insider info? Don't know what the sunglasses emoticon means.

Yes!

#16 9 years ago

Thanks for the listing of the 3 distributors - I've tried 2 already - waiting for a response on each and will try the 3rd.

It makes sense that there may be future runs (updated) but I guess a Road Case option may not be available if future runs do come thru.

We are also at the point now to where we've been waiting so long (life goes by quickily, time to act).

I have a feeling that if anyone does have one in stock it's going to be full retail as they are difficult to find - what would you all expect as the best price for the moment considering the lack of stock?

I think i've found 1 at $7k.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

Thanks for the listing of the 3 distributors - I've tried 2 already - waiting for a response on each and will try the 3rd.
It makes sense that there may be future runs (updated) but I guess a Road Case option may not be available if future runs do come thru.
We are also at the point now to where we've been waiting so long (life goes by quickily, time to act).
I have a feeling that if anyone does have one in stock it's going to be full retail as they are difficult to find - what would you all expect as the best price for the moment considering the lack of stock?
I think i've found 1 at $7k.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GIBMSWI

#20 9 years ago

$7k seems to be a bit on the high side.

#21 9 years ago

Call JJ at(303) 288-6500

http://gameexchange.biz/search?q=metallica

Ask for the Pinside discount code
This will 100% be your best option
Enjoy

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Call JJ at(303) 288-6500
http://gameexchange.biz/search?q=Metallica
Ask for the Pinside discount code
This will 100% be your best option
Enjoy

Better than Cointaker?

#23 9 years ago

I spoke toGame Exch and a few others on this thread - none have a RC in stock (though still waiting for 2 to return my call). - quite a few Prem Monsters out there NIB however.

btw if someone wanted a prem Monsters, the DD Ltd Ed at Game Exch seems to be the best deal at the moment.

I guess it's either pay the $7,100 RC - Amazon

OR go with a Monsters (not really an option for us though as we wanted a Road Case since it was announced - for those into music / gear, a giant road case is too cool of course with an alternate translite however)

OR wait to see if another run comes thru which i have a feeling won't include Road Case's as nobody seems to want a RC besides us.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

I spoke toGame Exch and a few others on this thread - none have a RC in stock (though still waiting for 2 to return my call). - quite a few Prem Monsters out there NIB however.
btw if someone wanted a prem Monsters, the DD Ltd Ed at Game Exch seems to be the best deal at the moment.
I guess it's either pay the $7,100 RC - Amazon
OR go with a Monsters (not really an option for us though as we wanted a Road Case since it was announced - for those into music / gear, a giant road case is too cool of course with an alternate translite however)
OR wait to see if another run comes thru which i have a feeling won't include Road Case's as nobody seems to want a RC besides us.

Get the version you want... if you are already paying $6500+ a few hundred more for the exact one you want is really not bad. I say go for it and Enjoy!!

#25 9 years ago

http://www.pinballs.com/

Automated will shave $250-$300 off the $7095 if paid via check or wire

#26 9 years ago

wow, so i had to sleep all evening to be up near all night for work and now that I just finished up with work I just checked Amazon & while still in stock the RC models went up in price apparently after midnight to $7,495 !

I was planning on depositing a check to be able to purchase on our debit card (which would include a ton of rewards points) & order once the funds were posted - hopefully tonight / tomorrow - guess now i'll just try to get some more sleep and forget about it for a while .

@FullBlown - I'll look into Pinballs.Com (hope unlike Game Exchange their site is accurate and a RC is actually avail - the price is ok and free shipping it seems) - maybe Amazon will revert the price back down to $7,095 (I have no idea how often their pricing moves around).

Isn't half the fun the buying experience? ha

#27 9 years ago

Michael at flipper fidelity has one listed.

#28 9 years ago

No offence, but after having the price repeatedly creep up on you it seems the lesson should be "you snooze, you lose" , or "strike while the iron is hot".

That being said, if you are patient Stern will either make more or a HOU will EVENTUALLY come up for sale locally enough that you can make a deal work (though that might take a decade if you live where I live ).

#29 9 years ago

They are routinely on eBay for $7100 with free shipping from gameroomguys. There is one on there now. If you call them directly you should be able to get it for less than $7k. They are not the cheapest distributor compared to JJ and the other Pinside ones but if you don't want to wait to save a few hundred $'s it's not a bad deal.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

wow, so i had to sleep all evening to be up near all night for work and now that I just finished up with work I just checked Amazon & while still in stock the RC models went up in price apparently after midnight to $7,495 !
I was planning on depositing a check to be able to purchase on our debit card (which would include a ton of rewards points) & order once the funds were posted - hopefully tonight / tomorrow - guess now i'll just try to get some more sleep and forget about it for a while .
@FullBlown - I'll look into Pinballs.Com (hope unlike Game Exchange their site is accurate and a RC is actually avail - the price is ok and free shipping it seems) - maybe Amazon will revert the price back down to $7,095 (I have no idea how often their pricing moves around).
Isn't half the fun the buying experience? ha

Buy with Confidence with Automated (pinballs.com)
Prices are what they post, they do not really negotitate but at least you will get the version you want.
Mike does respond on weekends as well to orders.

Too bad Game Exchange doesnt have one in stock

#31 9 years ago

Metallica will become sterns modern day medieval madness.. The total package with custom art, music, new toys they never had done before, and great code. It's the total package!

1 week later
#33 9 years ago

So here's an update regarding my quest to find a NIB MET Premium in Europe... As I mentioned in my first post, the distributor here in Norway told me that Stern wouldn't be producing any MET Premiums in the future and that he couldn't help.

This is my first pinball and I REALLY want a MET. So I started contacting distributors around Europe, in order to find one and Ministry of Pinball could help me out. Apparently, they will be able to get my MET Premium Monsters over to Europe with the TWD LE shipping in December. I don't know if it's NOS or if they are planning a new run, but case is that there are still MET Premiums to be found.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from geekmiki:

So here's an update regarding my quest to find NIB MET Premium in Europe... As I mentioned in my first post, the distributor here in Norway told me that Stern wouldn't be producing any MET Premiums in the future and that he couldn't help.
This is my first pinball and I REALLY want a MET. So I started contacting distributors around Europe, in order to find one and Ministry of Pinball could help me out. Apparently, they will be able to get my MET Premium Monsters over to Europe with the TWD LE shipping in December. I don't know if it's NOS or they are planning a run, but case is that there are still MET Premiums to be found.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it! Congratulations for being persistent and making the rounds. It sounds like you have been rewarded

#35 9 years ago

enjoy a great great game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-still-in-production and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.