7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I'm no genius or a modern pinball owner but generally when something like this happens in code (and not bad RAM, hardware, etc. not letting it write to the credit counter and so on) I would assume the audits got corrupted in the memory and when it tried to +1 the audits for each credit/coin, it freaked out because it couldn't add 1 to 0x0f0f0f0f0f111111BBBC, etc. (and likely reset as a failsafe rather than freaking out)

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Considering that you set the maximum credits in the settings, that's just bad coding, then. If the current credits are greater than the maximum credits, the code should adjust the credits down to the maximum number. Could be what it was, but I think it's unlikely because I could add service credits, which aren't a different credit counter - there's only one. More than likely it was some routine related to handling the coin pulses (making the sound, etc) that freaked out and went rogue in the code.
I was just glad a factory reset fixed it.

Didn't say it had anything to do with maximum credits, just meant something likely got corrupted (for any reason) and was only noticeable when it tried to work with that.

I would assume service credits aren't added to the audits, though?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-resets-when-coining-up?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.