Metallica Premium Pinball - Shooter Lane Issue

By jeffsarcade

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey all,

Got another interesting issue going on in my Metallica Premium.

When the game is turned off and I shoot a ball with the plunger (to test it), it shoots fine... smoothly up the shooter lane.

However, when I turn the machine on and shoot the ball, it banks left almost immediately out of the gate and wobbles back and forth up the shooter lane, sometimes flying out of it at the top and not even making it to the pops. The auto plunger does this as well.

Any ideas? Is there a magnet I don't know about somewhere that gets turned on when the game is on and pulls my ball to the left? I have checked the shooter lane and I don't see or feel any bumps or anything.

Could this be related to my other thread on the flipper noise? The ball goes left right at about parallel with the flippers. Maybe there is something going on under my playfield near the flipper area that is causing both of these issues?

Any ideas?

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like the plunger or auto plunger is not hitting the ball dead on. Do the balls smooth?

#3 7 years ago

I thought that at first.

But when the game is off, the ball shoots smoothly. It's only when the game is turned on that the ball shoots erratically. I have tested this about 100 times to make sure I wasn't going crazy. lol

#4 7 years ago

Do you have a Cliffy protector in the shooter lane where the ball kick out into the lane ? I had one installed and had similar problem. I ended up removing it.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Do you have a Cliffy protector in the shooter lane where the ball kick out into the lane ? I had one installed and had similar problem. I ended up removing it.

This I also had a similar problem that ended up being the shooter lane cliffy

#6 7 years ago

No Cliffy in the shooter lane. Just a Cliffy on the Mystery Scoop.

Again, the ball shoots smoothly when the game is turned off. Turn the game on, the ball shoot erratically. I'll try to get a video of it later today.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like the plunger or auto plunger is not hitting the ball dead on.

this is the problem i have with my pro. the auto plunger is not aligned with the playfield, the ball does not sit centered for the auto plunger to hit the ball. my plunger rod is aligned, but the auto plunger is off, by like 1/4 to 1/2 inch at least. i've tried moving it as far as the screws allow. my only solution i think is drilling new holes for the auto plunger, but i haven't done it and i just live with it. i've never seen another stern like it.

sucks

#8 7 years ago

I tried to get a video but I can't capture anything on my phone that can bee seen that well. Oh well.

I'll try to move the auto plunger and see if that helps that at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-pinball-shooter-lane-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.