(Topic ID: 196491)

Metallica Premium Pinball Flipper Stick (1 month old)

By Gadget27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l500 (resized).jpg
Pinball metallica issue (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hello,

So, I have a new Metallica Premium and have had everything from the common magnet issue and blown fuses (think i have it fixed), to the left ramp not registering most of the time. the newest issue is the left flipper is sticking. I know about the flipper buzzing not being the problem, as most Stern pinball tables have that issue, and for the most part as far as I can tell has never harmed anything. Right now when using the left flipper the flipper stays in the up position until hit by the ball, or the right flipper is activated. Is this another common Stern issue with their tables? Being not able to play a table I've only had for a month is more then annoying. Is there anything I should check right off the bat? The coil seems to be looking OK, and there is nothing on the link showing an issue.

~Jennifer

Pinball metallica issue (resized).jpgPinball metallica issue (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Some thoughts.

When it's stuck up, turn the game off. If it doesn't you have a mechanical issue. Plunger in coil sleeve, up and down play so pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in.

If it drops, then electrical issue. I'd start by removing the plastic flipper button from the cabinet and clean with 409, windex, etc. Rinse and then dry good. Put it back in. see if the flipper button sticking was your issue. ( they get gummed up from hands - dirt, sweat, etc. )

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I bet you it's the flipper stop, I had the same problem, the back stop block got loose and interfered with the flipper (the "L" shaped bracket at the end of the coil"), you'll have to change it, call Stern and ask them to send you a new one.

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

If it's new, and you're having this many issues, shouldn't Stern/distributor be assisting? Or is it just new to you? Or am I, being new to the hobby, simply naive?

#5 6 years ago

I'd loosen the flipper bat and move the flipper up and down a few times, then retighten it down. It may be binding..just fixed similar issue on a customer's lotr and tspp.

From underneath, move the flipper mechanism back and forth, does it bind at all or seem to stick? If so, do what I stated above.

#6 6 years ago

It might be something simple like the flipper is not clamped tight enough. First thing is to do what LTG says and determine if electrical or mechanical. My left flipper was getting sticky on my MET pro. Tried several things but ended up only needing to be taking apart and cleaned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-pinball-flipper-stick-1-month-old and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.