20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg
jaw_(resized).jpg
20160616_161810_(resized).jpg
MetallicaPin_(resized).JPG
20160528_163040_(resized).jpg
IMG_3371_(resized).JPG
IMG_3369_(resized).JPG
IMG_3370_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Same thing on mine. Just started to happen.

20160528_163040_(resized).jpg20160528_163040_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

I recently received my Metallica Premium and during game play the magnet under the hammer does not allow the ball to travel under the play field into the coffin. The machine is level so I can only assume its some kind of mechanical issue. Please see the attached video
» YouTube video

Any updates on this issue?

#8 7 years ago

The magnet is coming up to soon and the ball is getting stuck in-between the playfield and magnet. This happens 1 out of ever ten times. Not sure why it does not happen each time.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

Where I circled in red is where I added the washers. It lowered the ramp enough to allow the ball to enter in smoothly. This picture does not have the washers installed. Didn't think about taking a picture afterwards. If you need me to I can. We used a total of 4 Fender Washers 1/8 x 3/4. I think my wife got them at Home Depot.
I had to remove a total of 4 screws in order to position the washers. The 2 right next to the ramp and the next 2 right above that allowed me slightly pull back the ramp from the wood to slide the washers in.

Thank you for posting pictures. I'm going to try this. Looks simple enough, just removing screws. Did it take long to install?

#14 7 years ago

Ok, thanks.

#15 7 years ago

I have my playfield up now...are you able to send me a picture of yours with the washers installed?

#17 7 years ago

And a video, awesome! Just what I needed that answered it, thanks! Didn't want to start working on it until I knew for sure how you fixed yours.

Have you had any issues with the snake? The ball will sometimes get stuck on the lip of the snakes mouth. During the ball search it will set it free. The other issues with the snake I have been recently having is that when the ball ejects from the snakes mouth, it will spit it out into the air, causing it to bounce on the playfield. Other times, when it ejects, the ball will curve hard towards the right flipper. This just started occurring, as the ball use to always cleanly/smoothly eject and land on the left flipper.

20160616_161810_(resized).jpg20160616_161810_(resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Its wired that this issue is suddenly coming about.

#20 7 years ago

Where does this go? Magnet control board?

20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

This fix didn't work for me as well as several others suggested fixes by them. Stern sent a new coffin ramp off a working machine which also didn't work. My machine has done this from day one the very first ball. I've spent a lot of time on this and they actually sent me a copy of this forum thread as a fix. I'm fighting them to take the unit back as it is a lemon. The unit is level. My machine has several more millimeters of space on the right side of the coffin trap. My argument with stern is that the board is mis aligned from error in drilling. How long did this take for your machines to manifest this problem. Is this the type of service you expect from them or typical of the machines they produce? I'm hesitant to purchase another machine from them...

I took over 400 plays before this started happening to my machine. Initially the washer fix worked, but then it started happening again and again and again!!!!! This game had me so MAD that I didn't play it for over a week! I just played again 10 min. ago and the ball still gets stuck. I now hit the side of the machine when it gets stuck and it has been able to knock the ball loose. The ball also gets stuck on the lip of the snake sometimes. I really like this game and think it's the most entertaining pin made by Sten, just wish they would fix the issue.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What pitch(level is your game set at?

On the level, the bubble is right in the middle.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Have you tried replacing the balls? I had issues with mine and the balls started to magnetize. It was throwing off the timing and not rolling off the magnet core and down the subway. Maybe a different issue that what you have, but the symptoms sound identical.
Hope this helps
Brian

No but I will replace them again.

1 week later
#30 7 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

I don't see the washers installed on your machine. I had to double up on the washers in order for mine to work properly. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. It totally ruins the game experience.

This game had me so mad today, since the ball got stuck again. Initially I was only able to put one washer on each side, as I was having a lot of difficulty fitting two on each. Since the ball got stuck again just now, I decided to try two washers on each side despite the tight fit. I took me a while, but by removing the screws; 6 total it loosens up the ramp and allows two washers to be placed in. I have been playing the game for 15 min. now only shooting the coffin and no issues. I can see the ball is flowing much quicker into the casket and have not had any issues as of yet. It seems this may have been the issue, so as a note to all you must use TWO washers on each side as the OP has said from the beginning.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

This game had me so mad today, since the ball got stuck again. Initially I was only able to put one washer on each side, as I was having a lot of difficulty fitting two on each. Since the ball got stuck again just now, I decided to try two washers on each side despite the tight fit. I took me a while, but by removing the screws; 6 total it loosens up the ramp and allows two washers to be placed in. I have been playing the game for 15 min. now only shooting the coffin and no issues. I can see the ball is flowing much quicker into the casket and have not had any issues as of yet. It seems this may have been the issue, so as a note to all you must use TWO washers on each side as the OP has said from the beginning.

Still playing the game tonight and no coffin issues yet. At this point it seems to be fixed!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from SomeCaliGuy:

That's fantastic news newpinbin! And an inexpensive fix too!

Would not have been able to do it without your pics/video.

3 months later
#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Samerica:

Thank you guys for this thread. I just got the machine less then a week ago and started having this problem. Put on the washers and so far it works great! Thank you guys so much!!

The other thing that will help is replacing the balls.

#36 7 years ago

Two biggest issues were the snake and the coffin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-magnetcoffin-issue?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.