Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mizzou
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I didn't see this issue posted anywhere else and I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or if anyone had a suggestion for a fix: Since I installed 1.5 I noticed that I've been getting some weird behavior out of my MET premium. Every now and then I will get a phantom drain when the ball is in play and no where near being drained. I haven't seen any rhyme or reason to it, I'll just be playing along then BANG..phantom drain. I also just noticed today that whenever I press either flipper button the right sling shot activates, don't even need a ball in play. Anyone have any ideas on this?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've been getting some "double balls" when the game spits two balls out of the troft after a drain..wierd.

#2 10 years ago

had one of the 2 ball incidents yesterday ,only once in the 15-20 games I put on it

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

So I didn't see this issue posted anywhere else and I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or if anyone had a suggestion for a fix: Since I installed 1.5 I noticed that I've been getting some weird behavior out of my MET premium. Every now and then I will get a phantom drain when the ball is in play and no where near being drained. I haven't seen any rhyme or reason to it, I'll just be playing along then BANG..phantom drain. I also just noticed today that whenever I press either flipper button the right sling shot activates, don't even need a ball in play. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Not sure about the flipper button/slingshot problem, but the two ball/phantom drain is pretty common problem with the trough optos, where they are sensing a ball or lack of one in the trough. First step would be to make sure the connectors are on good and tight on the trough opto boards.

#4 10 years ago

Classic Stern trough opto problem. This has been covered a lot. Unplug and replug all connectors in the trough. Reflow solder on trough optos. Should cure it.

#5 10 years ago

cool, anyone have any ideas on the flippers/slingshots?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

cool, anyone have any ideas on the flippers/slingshots?

Check the gap on the slingshot leaf switches. There's probably at least 1 that's really close and just the vibration of the flippers sets it off. Give it a bit more space and it should be fine.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Check the gap on the slingshot leaf switches. There's probably at least 1 that's really close and just the vibration of the flippers sets it off. Give it a bit more space and it should be fine.

This.

#8 10 years ago

Ah, thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-issues-phantom-drains-and-slingshot-errors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.