Metallica Premium - Flasher not turning off

By jeffsarcade

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey all,

I posted this in the Metallica owners thread but thought maybe it should go here instead. Just received a NIB Metallica Premium less than a week ago.

The right ramp flasher won't turn off. I swapped the flasher from the left ramp (which is working fine) and got the same result in the right ramp socket. It seems that power is ALWAYS going to this flasher socket. It does get a little hot too, the longer it's on.

Any ideas? A transistor issue? All other flashers on the game work fine... just saying because I noticed these flashers are daisy chained.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Blown transistor. Remove board and replace it.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Blown transistor. Remove board and replace it.

Yep check transistors

#4 5 years ago

Is there a way to find out which board it is? I'm not too handy with the electrical of pinball yet.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hey all,
I posted this in the Metallica owners thread but thought maybe it should go here instead. Just received a NIB Metallica Premium less than a week ago.
The right ramp flasher won't turn off. I swapped the flasher from the left ramp (which is working fine) and got the same result in the right ramp socket. It seems that power is ALWAYS going to this flasher socket. It does get a little hot too, the longer it's on.
Any ideas? A transistor issue? All other flashers on the game work fine... just saying because I noticed these flashers are daisy chained.
Thanks!

I read your previous post and I think when you twisted(?) the top of the LED, you shorted it internally and blew the transistor.

Follow up with your distributor for warranty repair.

Rob

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Is there a way to find out which board it is? I'm not too handy with the electrical of pinball yet.

It’s the main driver board, the one the battery is on. I wouldn’t attempt it if you aren’t familiar with things and can’t solder, let alone solder on a board. The part is pennies, it’s the labor to take the board out. Maybe there is a local pinhead that can help you.

Since you just got it, call stern or your distributor, it’s covered under warranty.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys! I will do that.

#8 5 years ago

Spoke to my distributor and they're going to send me a new board. Thanks again guys!

#9 5 years ago

Hey guys, what if a flashers not working at all. Changes bulbs and still not working. Transistor as well? It’s flasher #19 behind the grave marker.

Thanks

2 weeks later
#10 5 years ago

Received a new board from Stern and now the flashers work perfectly again! Thanks for the advice everyone!

However, now I am having a new issue with the snake jaw.

I will put that in a new thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-flasher-not-turning-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.