• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by derekbro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 days ago

Hey all,

I posted this in the Metallica owners thread but thought maybe it should go here instead. Just received a NIB Metallica Premium less than a week ago.

The right ramp flasher won't turn off. I swapped the flasher from the left ramp (which is working fine) and got the same result in the right ramp socket. It seems that power is ALWAYS going to this flasher socket. It does get a little hot too, the longer it's on.

Any ideas? A transistor issue? All other flashers on the game work fine... just saying because I noticed these flashers are daisy chained.

Thanks!

#2 13 days ago

Blown transistor. Remove board and replace it.

#3 13 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Blown transistor. Remove board and replace it.

Yep check transistors

#4 13 days ago

Is there a way to find out which board it is? I'm not too handy with the electrical of pinball yet.

#5 13 days ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hey all,
I posted this in the Metallica owners thread but thought maybe it should go here instead. Just received a NIB Metallica Premium less than a week ago.
The right ramp flasher won't turn off. I swapped the flasher from the left ramp (which is working fine) and got the same result in the right ramp socket. It seems that power is ALWAYS going to this flasher socket. It does get a little hot too, the longer it's on.
Any ideas? A transistor issue? All other flashers on the game work fine... just saying because I noticed these flashers are daisy chained.
Thanks!

I read your previous post and I think when you twisted(?) the top of the LED, you shorted it internally and blew the transistor.

Follow up with your distributor for warranty repair.

Rob

#6 13 days ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Is there a way to find out which board it is? I'm not too handy with the electrical of pinball yet.

It’s the main driver board, the one the battery is on. I wouldn’t attempt it if you aren’t familiar with things and can’t solder, let alone solder on a board. The part is pennies, it’s the labor to take the board out. Maybe there is a local pinhead that can help you.

Since you just got it, call stern or your distributor, it’s covered under warranty.

#7 13 days ago

Thanks guys! I will do that.

#8 8 days ago

Spoke to my distributor and they're going to send me a new board. Thanks again guys!

#9 3 days ago

Hey guys, what if a flashers not working at all. Changes bulbs and still not working. Transistor as well? It’s flasher #19 behind the grave marker.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 92.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 199.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 63.00
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside