5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Has anyone else had this issue?
    I lock 3 balls into the coffin lock, multiball starts up, first ball makes its way from coffin to scoop then out, cool
    Then balls 2 and 3 seem to be stuck together and won’t pry loose without me shaking the machine till tilt warning fires up
    Do the balls need replacing? Maybe pitch adjustment to the playfield?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks dudes!

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawks:

Has anyone else had this issue?
    I lock 3 balls into the coffin lock, multiball starts up, first ball makes its way from coffin to scoop then out, cool
    Then balls 2 and 3 seem to be stuck together and won’t pry loose without me shaking the machine till tilt warning fires up
    Do the balls need replacing? Maybe pitch adjustment to the playfield?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks dudes!

Check to see if they're magnetized, even slightly. Are they the stock balls, or did you replace them?

#3 5 years ago

No they are stock balls, I had this machine in storage for about a year or so
    Very few plays overall, if the balls need replacing which ones would you recommend?
    Thanks VL

#4 5 years ago

I don't have any specific replacement ball brand suggestion, but just see if they're slightly magnetized. That would cause the behavior you are seeing. Is playfield pitch in the area of 6.5 degrees?

#5 5 years ago

Cool, I have the bubble centred on the shooter lane leveller (is that around the 6.5 mark?)
    BTW, how do I test if the balls are magnetised?

#6 5 years ago

Ive had good luck with the balls from Pinball life.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawks:

Cool, I have the bubble centred on the shooter lane leveller (is that around the 6.5 mark?)
    BTW, how do I test if the balls are magnetised?

Stick something metal like a small paperclip to it and see if it sticks, even weakly (kinda sticks then falls away), or is repelled on a surface when the ball is brought close. Try that with each ball.

#8 5 years ago

Ok thanks, I’ve done the test and I am getting a bit of stick on contact between each ball and the metal paper clip
    So I guess it’s time to replace those balls then

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawks:

Ok thanks, I’ve done the test and I am getting a bit of stick on contact between each ball and the metal paper clip
    So I guess it’s time to replace those balls then

Some balls magnetize more easily than others. People have reported good results with the pinball life ultra shiny ones...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-balls-stuck-in-coffin-lock?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.