(Topic ID: 56973)

Metallica Premium - Anyone with pics of the road case model at home?

By dapperdan24

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
P6300034.JPG
P6300033.JPG
Metallica_PREMIUM_webready.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So I am looking at possibly adding a Metallica Premium and I am curious if the road case is in anybody's home here on pinside. I searched through the forum and didn't see it (though it could be there I suppose) so I am reaching out here. I have been on the fence about pro or premium, but I think that the premium is probably going to win out. So who has a pic of their new road case?

#2 10 years ago

Saw it at Calextreme, i thought it looked great myself.

#3 10 years ago

Here ya Go!

Metallica_PREMIUM_webready.jpgMetallica_PREMIUM_webready.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Wow JJ! Your house looks super clean!!! What color white do you use on the walls?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Saw it at Calextreme, i thought it looked great myself.

Would you chose it over the "Monster" version?

#6 10 years ago

Case look is nice...but change the translite

#7 10 years ago

I have not seen the Road Case in person...but I will tell you the Monster translight is great. Cabinet is ok on monster...but I think it fits the theme of the game better than the roadcase if you ask me.

#8 10 years ago

Road case with Monster translite...that's what i would go for!

#9 10 years ago

Most of the pics I've seen around here are the monster version. I think if they just dropped that fuggly translite, they would sell a bunch of the roadcase versions.

#10 10 years ago

I have a pro translite in the mail from JJ, so I could swap the old men for the pro and wait to see if the premium monsters TL becomes available. No way I would keep the wrinkly TL in the road case version. I really just want to see the road case in a natural setting other than JJ's sparkling white game room!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I have a pro translite in the mail from JJ, so I could swap the old men for the pro and wait to see if the premium monsters TL becomes available. No way I would keep the wrinkly TL in the road case version. I really just want to see the road case in a natural setting other than JJ's sparkling white game room!

Lol Sorry, I need to read better. I only have the Monsters Version unboxed.

#12 10 years ago

Here's mine (well Hubby's it was his Birthday present!) a few pics of it in its new home the living room. I liked the Road Case cab better than the pro/premium (skittles) version. The Trans light is not as bad as it first seemed from the promo pics, but it would look better with the DD premium one in it. The DD one just goes better with the PF art IMO.

There was also this thread a bit ago about them...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premiumswho-has-them

Phoebe

P6300033.JPGP6300033.JPG P6300034.JPGP6300034.JPG // Error: Image 116670 not found //

#13 10 years ago

Thanks Phoebe! Were/are you happy with it still now that it is out of the box and in your home?

#14 10 years ago

So, the roadcase model is the true LE.

#15 10 years ago

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing.. the band members on the translight all look like they haven't had a bowel movement since "And Justice For All."

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, the roadcase model is the true LE.

Because you can't find them? I am thinking the monsters may be the way to go, so I'd be furthering the LE status of the road case if that is what you mean. Still not which direction to go though...

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing.. the band members on the translight all look like they haven't had a bowel movement since "And Justice For All."

It really does look bad. I don't know how that made it through as the bad ass picture they wanted on the machine. Both Stern AND Metallica had to approve that. Crazy!!!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Because you can't find them?

Because not many are buying them.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Because not many are buying them.

Saw the Roadcase and Monsters Premium in person and both look good IMO. Roadcase translight is not the greatest but looks like Pro translight is available to replace it with. The other Monster Premium translight looks pretty sweet and might be tough to come by though. IMO the Monster Premium fits the theme/look of the playfield a lot better. That said, the Roadcase cab did look good when just looking at the cab.

#19 10 years ago

Saw the Roadcase cabinets at Stern a couple weeks ago, and I have to admit, they do really look good. (Was so distracted I didn't pull out my cell phone to snap some pics. I'll try to remember to do that when I'm there again next week.)

There's something about that design that just "fits" the cabinet in a really unique way. Since Stern started using the decals instead of silk-screening the cabs, I think it's my favorite.

I think it must be the way it makes the cabinet look like it could have literally been pulled out of a truck and had the band's gear stored in it. Maybe Metallica needs to buy some of the Roadcase cabinets for their gear.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Dude. It is helpful to hear from someone who has seen these together.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

the Roadcase cab did look good when just looking at the cab.

That is my concern. I like the road case and think that a black powder coated armor would look great on it, but as soon as you try and take it in with the rest of the machine it wouldn't all gel. Probably leaning toward the monster version at this point.

#21 10 years ago

I couldn't walk away from the MET bank at CaEx, and I liked the action on the Road Case the most the way it was set up. The translite is...my god is it almost as bad as IJ4? It's bad. But the cab has a great look to it. I'd say go Road Case w/monster translite!

I was ALL ABOUT the pro but once I saw that hammer/sub-level coffin setup...damn. Back on the fence for me!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMolly:

I was ALL ABOUT the pro but once I saw that hammer/sub-level coffin setup...damn. Back on the fence for me!

PREMIUM FTW

#23 10 years ago

Back on the fence for me!

Dammit Molly! I need people to be more decisive so I don't have to be! I really wouldn't want to regret missing the premium features, but the pro looks super solid! The whole magnet issue on the premium could get interesting too. The coolest toy on that machine is the hammer, so if it doesn't get resolved, that could limit the "coolness" of it. How did the premium(s) play at the show?

#24 10 years ago

Dont miss out on the Toys...they hammer/coffin is one of the coolest toys ever made

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Dammit Molly! I need people to be more decisive so I don't have to be! I really wouldn't want to regret missing the premium features, but the pro looks super solid! The whole magnet issue on the premium could get interesting too. The coolest toy on that machine is the hammer, so if it doesn't get resolved, that could limit the "coolness" of it. How did the premium(s) play at the show?

By gum! I'm constantly trolling you by accident, hahaha. I was pretty much all in on the pro when that's all that was around to play, but once I saw the ball hammer down into the coffin...I don't know. It's god damn sweet.

Marco did a bank of 3 Premiums and a Pro and they were played constantly from the minute the show opened until a while past close time...they were always the holdouts hardest to pry people away from. I really like the Marco guys, they're really jovial and funny (and they started hookin' me up with free stuff!); they ran a tourney Saturday for top score, one entry only per person, and I believe Bob Matthews of Thousand Oaks took the prize with about 51 mil. The games played seemingly without error save for a couple of LEDs popping out, which seems to be what LEDs like doing from time to time.

I'm still interested in your Game Show, Dappy! Let me know if your chum tires of it!

#26 10 years ago

lars loves smelling his pits!

#27 10 years ago

My pro is getting replaced by a premium next month. I'm holding off a bit to see what happens with the hammer.

#28 10 years ago

Forget the Pro!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I've got some good play time on the Pro and Premium Metallica's. I heard plenty say they would be happy with the Pro. And why not it plays great. That said, if I add this pin sometime in the future it will be a Premium. I love how the Premium pretty much kept the same gameplay wise but added some cool features like the excellent light show (some color changing inserts), moving snake jaw that acts as a target, moving cross, and the Hammer. I get a bit hesitant/critical when the Premium model changes gamplay drastically. They did a great job on this one. I would say if you have the cash go Premium on this one. If not the Pro is not a bad alternative at all.

The games played seemingly without error save for a couple of LEDs popping out, which seems to be what LEDs like doing from time to time.

Especially with Stern using #555 sockets under and near the slings (terrible idea). I have heard rumors that they will stop doing that on future pins. I hope that rumor turns out to be true.

#30 10 years ago

Of all the pictures they could have used that bald Lars and old James are awful.

I see that road case model with the justice for all album translite. That would be a perfect fit IMO but then it would not fit the playfiled art.

#31 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago

I have a DD Premium and I love it. But if you already have a Pro translite I would get the Road Case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-anyone-with-pics-of-the-road-case-model and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.