Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey all. Never a quick question but need help deciding.

If all things were equal which should I choose. WoZ or Metallica?

All things not equal. Metallica is 1k or so more. Which should I choose?

Really torn on this one.

#2 6 years ago

I'd choose something else. But it's your money....

#3 6 years ago

If you liked the WOZ movie, WOZ all the way.

I have owned both, Metle and Wozrr. On both the music can a little annoying with the repetitiveness but WOZ clearly makes up for it with it's depth.

Met is pretty deep also, but I have seen the end in Met, in Woz I'm not sure I may ever see it in my lifetime.

Sum it up, Woz is here, Metle is has moved along.

You already have two stern titles, try something else IMHO but it's your money so get what you enjoy.

#4 6 years ago

WOZ. You can always turn down the sound on the machine and cue up some Metallica tunes on your headphones. Plus the extra $1K has all kinds of practical uses.

#5 6 years ago

Those games are so radically different they can't be compared to one another in any reasonable way. What type of play style do you prefer? Do you like wide bodies? Do you like Metallica music? Do you have family members that would enjoy one more?

#6 6 years ago

I love them both. I have them sitting next to each other and I think they contrast each other very well.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

You already have two stern titles, try something else IMHO but it's your money so get what you enjoy.

I vote WOZ also for the same reason.

Quoted from Spankey:

All things not equal. Metallica is 1k or so more. Which should I choose?

That sounds a bit strange. Seems like they should be closer in price.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Those games are so radically different they can't be compared to one another in any reasonable way. What type of play style do you prefer? Do you like wide bodies? Do you like Metallica music? Do you have family members that would enjoy one more?

I know family would prefer WoZ. Friends might prefer Metallica.

I guess I know they are wildly different and that is why the choice is difficult. They are great in different ways.

As for price I am thinking mods. WoZ doesn't really require much. Metallica on the other hand....

#8 6 years ago

That's a tough call. They're both great games for very different reasons. Once you get to know and understand the game play on WOZ, it reels you in. MET is just an adrenaline rush all throughout.

Depends on what you're looking for. Go out of your way to play both on location before making a decision, or purchase at a price where you can't get hurt by your decision.

#9 6 years ago

Easy choice for me. I hate WOZ and love MET.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I know family would prefer WoZ. Friends might prefer Metallica.

In my household I buy what the family enjoys as they are here all the time and friends drift in and out occasionally, I always find it enjoyable when playing with the wife or kids.

Don't get me wrong friends are cool too, but they will play whatever you get anyway.

#11 6 years ago

I wasn't a big fan of WOZ but really enjoy MET so it's an easy choice for me.

Is your family into either of the themes more? Have you asked thier opinion at all?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Easy choice for me. I hate WOZ and love MET.

Like he said, & I despise Metallica's "music"

#13 6 years ago

Is woz reliable?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Like he said, & I despise Metallica's "music"

Good thing about MET is the art and the game flow ... and I too don't like Metallica music ... so I changed every song with "pinball browser". Search on "Metallica pinball browser" on Pinside for tutorials. imho best mod for $20 Is a pinball browser license to Custom build a song list you like.

Blame iPhone spelling for crazy punctuation

#15 6 years ago

I can't get past the woz theme so Metallica easily

#17 6 years ago

I have both. Woz is my all time favorite. It will never leave. I've contemplated selling Metallica, but can't do it. It's just an adrenaline rush. It will definitely get more repetitive than woz though. Quality and looks wise, jjp blows away anything else. You'll realize that once you own one. Really both games are excellent, so it's down to style. Woz is an adventure with deep rules. Metallica, fun rules, fast games. Woz offers far more for the money.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Is woz reliable?

My woz has had fewer issues than my Metallica.

#19 6 years ago

I love both games and own Metallica but I say get woz great game with a lot going on.

#20 6 years ago

How in the World is Met $1k more than WOZ? Met Prem is like a $6500 game tops. I'd pick WOZ especially with the price disparity.

#21 6 years ago

These are radically different games. Met is a fast and relatively shallow game. Woz is a journey with amazing light and sound effects. Both are great games.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How in the World is Met $1k more than WOZ? Met Prem is like a $6500 game tops. I'd pick WOZ especially with the price disparity.

It's not. I'm thinking with mods.

#23 6 years ago

Looks like you already have 2 faster style games. I'd mix it up with woz.

#24 6 years ago

This is tough, I have owned Metallica 3 times........I love it and want it back! That being said, I own WOZ and I have no intention of ever selling it. Buy them both!

#25 6 years ago

They're both fantastic games. I'm not a fan of Metallica, but I will gladly take any opportunity to play Yzfguy's MET premium. I own WOZ and it will never leave. I think it's an absolute masterpiece of design, art, and coding.

Both terrific games. Play them both and make your own decision.

#26 6 years ago

It is not a choice. You do not have to choose. You will have one, then you will have the other. It is the cycle of things.

--Zen and the art of pinball ownership

#27 6 years ago

The more I played MET the more I liked it. Ended up buying one. I can't say the same for WOZ. Granted I have not had many oppportunities to play or learned the rules. It does look nice but not really into the theme.

#28 6 years ago

On what planet is Met Prem $1000 more than WOZ? More like $1000-$2000 cheaper.

#29 6 years ago

I have both. I brought Met for me and Woz for daughter and family. Both games are fun to play but if I had to choose it would be Met. Woz game play just doesn't do it for me, like Met. Met turned up loud is such a adrenaline rush, then hammer coming down shakes the whole Pin, love it!

#30 6 years ago

If you have AC/DC and Sm I'd go WoZ. Nice trio and doesn't overload the music machines

SM= fun
AC/DC= rock
WoZ= deep rules and a piece of art

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

If you have AC/DC and Sm I'd go WoZ. Nice trio and doesn't overload the music machines
SM= fun
AC/DC= rock
WoZ= deep rules and a piece of art

Great advice here. Diversity is the spice of life. Build a collection of games that are different from one another, it's more fun that way and they will complement each other better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-prem-vs-woz-decisions?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.