• Latest reply 7 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

orbit.jpg
orbit 2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveP3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

With the ball resting on the autoplunger in the shooterlane, do both 'claws' touch each side of the ball? Or is only one touching the ball with the other one not quite touching?

#12 10 years ago

Yep, like I mentioned before you might want to take a look at the autoplunger itself. It may not be contacting the ball with both 'claws' at rest.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

It's not just the auto plunger, it's both, therefore an alignment issue or angle issue of the lane. There is nothing else to align.

Sry, I was replying to the OP's autoplunger issue, we just happened to post close together.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I am having the same issues as you to a tee, both with the manual plunger and auto plunger. I have tried different alignments of the plunger to no avail. The ball will hit the metal side rail on left and vibrate itself left to right causing it to stop before it exits the shooter lane ramp. I have never seen a game do it this bad before ever. I have my plunger dead center on the ball at rest. The only solution, using a half or 3/4 plunge and it shoots it out 90% of the time. Very frustrating! Another QC problem Stern let slip by. I think the design of the lane sucks and Stern should have copied what Bally/Williams did for years. There lanes never had this problem.

Have you tried adjusting the bottom left shooterlane metal wire guide (separating the right outlane from the shooterlane)?

On mine I had to very slightly bend it in towards the shooterlane about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom, so that the ball would not want to veer left. If you have strong fingers, try using them first. The adjustment does not have to be massive, just a slight smooth bow towards the shooterlane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveP3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-plungerauto-plunger-issues?tu=SteveP3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.