Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrDucks
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

Don't forget, once you collect at the scoop and exit out of CIU, you can collect another 25% of your collected jackpot after you complete all spider arrows and hit the Mystery scoop again. This opportunity lasts until you lose the ball.

Example: If you collect 100 mil when choosing to exit CIU, and then when you go back to regular gameplay, if you hit all 6 lit spiders, you can go back to the scoop for another 25 mil. This only carries over during the same ball, and it doesn't matter whether you have started another MB, FUEL, S&D, Blackened, or Lady Justice. If you hit all six spider shots one time each on the same ball you were on when you exited CIU, you'll collect another 25% of that collected jackpot.

#22 8 years ago

I just discovered by accident that you can opt out of CIU and collect 5 million. Not optimal for points, and not really as much fun, but seems like a quick cheat to get to EOTL.

When given the choice in CIU, it defaults to FWTBT. If you hit the left flipper once, none of the CIU's will be highlighted, and then hit both flipper buttons. The ball will kick out, and you will continue to collect your next set of inserts for the next CIU.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Isn't that just one of the choices, 5 million? I never got to end if the line but I assumed you had to finish each of the CIU modes so how does taking the 5m help?

You're right. I thought getting to the CIU choices four times would advance toward EOTL, but it doesn't. No sense in choosing the 5 million.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks

Are the Spider targets not yet collected indicated in a certain way?

It's been about a year since I've owned the LE, but I believe the spider inserts are all lit solid orange when you exit CIU. You have to unlight them.

On the Pro it's a little more confusing because they're lit solid red, and they might be red (or blinking red) for other reasons. If you have all the spider inserts unlit, and the Mystery scoop still isn't lit, you might still need to hit a blinking red lane. However, the Mystery might light because of pop/outlanes, so if you hit the scoop and it awards Mystery but doesn't award the 25% reprise bonus, you still have spider inserts to complete.

Hope that makes sense.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I get to Crank it Up and select "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Then I just hit ramp shots and loops over and over for 5,000,000 each. My high score is about 550,000,000.

Can you, or anyone else explain this?

If I hit an orbit/ramp/drops during FWTBT, I get around 2mil on the first two shots, and then around 4mil on the third, completing it (plane dropping bomb animations). If I continue to hit that shot, I get around 500K (bell ringing animation). Even with 2x going, the fourth shot to a "completed" lane is significantly less than hitting a lane that's not complete, so hitting ramp shots and loops over and over for 5 mil?

Another question: Hitting snake, coffin, Sparky, grave drops qualifies the scoop to collect CIU jackpot. Does completing them a second, third, fourth time, etc. increase the value of the individual lane jackpots or the scoop jackpot?

I noticed today that even though I had qualified the scoop earlier during FWTBT, I had to do it again after completing the mode and collecting the 25mil bonus. I've completed it several times in the past, but I've never noticed having to qualify the scoop again.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Can you, or anyone else explain this?
If I hit an orbit/ramp/drops during FWTBT, I get around 2mil on the first two shots, and then around 4mil on the third, completing it (plane dropping bomb animations). If I continue to hit that shot, I get around 500K (bell ringing animation). Even with 2x going, the fourth shot to a "completed" lane is significantly less than hitting a lane that's not complete, so hitting ramp shots and loops over and over for 5 mil?
Another question: Hitting snake, coffin, Sparky, grave drops qualifies the scoop to collect CIU jackpot. Does completing them a second, third, fourth time, etc. increase the value of the individual lane jackpots or the scoop jackpot?
I noticed today that even though I had qualified the scoop earlier during FWTBT, I had to do it again after completing the mode and collecting the 25mil bonus. I've completed it several times in the past, but I've never noticed having to qualify the scoop again.

Bump. No one has clarification for this?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea where the "5 million a shot" thing came from. I generally get between 1-2 million a shot till each shot is "finished" and then 500,000 after that. Maybe he mistook 500k for 5 million?
You also get a 25 million bonus for finishing all 6 shots in this mode (the loops, ramps, and graveyard).

That's my experience, as well. So, unless he can explain otherwise, "5 million a shot" is not the case in FWTBT.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I might not be following your question but maybe this helps you:
When you are in CIU: you light the scoop by hitting Sparky, Snake, Coffin, Cross. This will light it to give you a change to collect (and exit) or keep playing. If you choose to keep playing, the scoop will (should?) stay available and you won't have to qualify it. I think the actual blue flasher might stop annoying you (?) but the scoop is definitely supposed to still be available.
..... unless you change an adjustment in the code!
On the 'hard' CIU scoop setting, continuing playing and not collecting/exiting will unqualify the scoop and you have to qualify it again. In the latest code this may have even become a default for all I know - its an additional punishment for risking your jackpot

In my situation, I qualified the scoop early, but I never entered the scoop. I kept making my shots until I completed the mode. Then I entered the scoop, but the blue light was no longer flashing. It kicked the ball out, so I hit the remaining shots needed (again) to re-qualify for the jackpot, which I collected the next time I entered.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

That sounds like a possible glitch/bug to me. I don't see anything in that description that should cause that.

I'll have to try with the glass off sometime to see if it does it again.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Unless you thought you'd previously qualified it due to a ghost LED? Or some lights fanfare from completion?

No, I'm sure I qualified it. I always focus on qualifying first, and I was aware it was lit once I did. Then I focused on the shots. When I completed the mode and collected the 25mil for completing it, I noticed it was no longer lit. I hit it anyway, but it just kicked it out. I think I noticed two of the main qualifiers were lit, so I hit the other two, and the blue light lit again. Entered scoop, jackpot collected.

I will have to pay attention next time or try with the glass off sooner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-playing-tips?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.