Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrDucks
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

Unless something has changed in recent code, 2X scoring applies to all CIU scoring including individual shot jackpots, the 'collect' jackpot, and the completion bonus.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Untrue. You can add a ball in coffin, then stack in another multiball on top of coffin, and then add ANOTHER ball!

I don't think you get two snake add-a-balls on the coffin MB stack. I might be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure the add-a-ball can only trigger once, even if you start another MB. You can relight the snake for 2x scoring/lock but I don't think you get another ball or ball saver (if you had 4 in play already).

If it is possible I would love to see it done. Will try it next time I play MET, but I distinctly remember trying this when the snake lock/add a ball was put in the code and it did not seem to work.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotcha thanks...I thought there was a MB that you could not AAB?

AAB exists in all 4 main multiballs. If you already have 4 balls in play (ie - coffin) it will simply give ball saver only.

#25 8 years ago

Yeah the only way to EOL is thru all four CIU modes being played, then lighting CIU again for a 5th time.

I don't know why the option is even there for the 5+ million; one or two jackpots in CIU beats the score choice every time, and it doesn't help progression-wise...

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Can you, or anyone else explain this?

After you complete the mode, victory lap scoring like this is plausible (with 2x). Until that point, you cannot farm one shot over and over for much.

Quoted from Sparky:

Another question: Hitting snake, coffin, Sparky, grave drops qualifies the scoop to collect CIU jackpot. Does completing them a second, third, fourth time, etc. increase the value of the individual lane jackpots or the scoop jackpot?

Not to my knowledge

Quoted from Sparky:

I noticed today that even though I had qualified the scoop earlier during FWTBT, I had to do it again after completing the mode and collecting the 25mil bonus. I've completed it several times in the past, but I've never noticed having to qualify the scoop again.

I might not be following your question but maybe this helps you:
When you are in CIU: you light the scoop by hitting Sparky, Snake, Coffin, Cross. This will light it to give you a change to collect (and exit) or keep playing. If you choose to keep playing, the scoop will (should?) stay available and you won't have to qualify it. I think the actual blue flasher might stop annoying you (?) but the scoop is definitely supposed to still be available.

..... unless you change an adjustment in the code!
On the 'hard' CIU scoop setting, continuing playing and not collecting/exiting will unqualify the scoop and you have to qualify it again. In the latest code this may have even become a default for all I know - its an additional punishment for risking your jackpot

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have no idea where the "5 million a shot" thing came from. I generally get between 1-2 million a shot till each shot is "finished" and then 500,000 after that. Maybe he mistook 500k for 5 million?
You also get a 25 million bonus for finishing all 6 shots in this mode (the loops, ramps, and graveyard).

The scoring in FWTBT is actually more in depth than just completing each shot (although the completion goal is unchanged).
The 3 inserts on the 5 shots work like a 'grid' - each shot will light the 'lowest' insert on that shot for like 1-2 mil. If you complete a "row" or "column" (ie - one shot to each = 5 in a row; 3 shots to one = 3 in a column) you are awarded more points like a super jackpot, this is usually 4-5 million. This isn't helpful to know in terms of completing the mode, but in a tournament setting a couple of easy double jackpots could be sitting there without you knowing it
Once a shot is complete its ~500k per shot until the mode is completed. FWTBT is not the easiest to complete, but it's probably the easiest and safest CIU to pick up some points. (although FTB is still better imo on a premium/LE thanks to the spinners)

Once all inserts are filled you've collected all these double jackpots and you get into victory laps which I think are common between all CIU modes. I believe they are combo based where the first shot is worth 1-2 million, and a corresponding spider arrow combo shot will then flash for a multiplied jackpot. I can't recall if this extinguishes arrows or not, but I do think the combos can continue. The shots all reset after a combo times out.

2X applies on top of all that theorycraft above.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

In my situation, I qualified the scoop early, but I never entered the scoop. I kept making my shots until I completed the mode. Then I entered the scoop, but the blue light was no longer flashing. It kicked the ball out, so I hit the remaining shots needed (again) to re-qualify for the jackpot, which I collected the next time I entered.

That sounds like a possible glitch/bug to me. I don't see anything in that description that should cause that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 149.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-playing-tips?tu=Purpledrilmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.