Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CA_Maiden.JPG
Maiden.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from RUS7T3:

It's amazing what can be found on the internet, minus napster

Amazing sure, but I doubt we will ever have the depth that was available for those few years.

I mean, you would be drinking with your friends and someone would say "Remember 'One Good Reason' by the Swingers?" and three people at once would say "Fuck yeah!". but then the first guy would say "But not the mushy version on the album, the version from the Ausie movie Starstruck". You would type into Napster and 1 minute latter you would have it, in all its glory.

Or someone would bring up the tracks from Miles, Hancock and Jones that never got released because they were on 3 different labels at the time. A few minutes latter you would have what could not be bought at any price.

Those were great times for the true music lover.

#52 11 years ago

2 reasons not to make this game

1 they all cut there hair

2 napster is going to want there share

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Amazing sure, but I doubt we will ever have the depth that was available for those few years.
I mean, you would be drinking with your friends and someone would say "Remember 'One Good Reason' by the Swingers?" and three people at once would say "Fuck yeah!". but then the first guy would say "But not the mushy version on the album, the version from the Ausie movie Starstruck". You would type into Napster and 1 minute latter you would have it, in all its glory.

The Swingers!! Very obscure Kiwi band reference there!

Did you like Split Enz? Another classic Kiwi band ... The singer/guitarist of The Swingers (Phil Judd) was a founding member of Split Enz.

PS -1 on Metallica (Lars is an underwhelming drummer)
+1 on Maiden (Paul Dianno gets the boot Multiball)

Cheers
Dave the Kiwi

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Anything after Ride the Lightning was pure trash anyway.

Fixed that for you Akuma.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The Swingers!! Very obscure Kiwi band reference there!

That's what I'm talking about when I say how great Napster was.

You can't download cool stuff like that from iTunes.

Quoted from rotordave:

Did you like Split Enz? Another classic Kiwi band

Yeah good band, their song "One Step Ahead" still gets airplay here in the States.

#56 11 years ago

Maiden.
The talent pool is bigger and better. So much so, you could even fit a boat!
Maiden.jpgMaiden.jpg
Less chlorine to maintain it too.
Plus, who else still makes kick-ass regional state/country/city tour shirts such as these?
CA_Maiden.JPGCA_Maiden.JPG

Eddie riding my state's bear?!? $40? I'll take TWO!!!

(I will be enjoying tonight's show too FWIW.)
Up the irons!

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Eddie riding my state's bear?!? $40? I'll take TWO!

That's awesome!!! I'd also take two myself.

#58 11 years ago

This one is my fav.. obviously NSFW

#59 11 years ago

I think they should do a rob zombie pin with him doing the artwork now that would be something special !!!!!!

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

I think they should do a rob zombie pin with him doing the artwork now that would be something special !!!!!!

Not a big fan but i like that idea a lot more.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This one is my fav.. obviously NSFW

Sprinkles.... goooood. LOL

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Or someone would bring up the tracks from Miles, Hancock and Jones that never got released because they were on 3 different labels at the time. A few minutes latter you would have what could not be bought at any price.

But, you weren't paying for it. I don't know all the history behind Metallica vs Napster, but if I had some intellectual property that I created and owned, and people were stealing it, I would sue too. So would most people. If someone came to your house, swiped your car and gave it away would that be cool because it was a boon to car lovers?

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If someone came to your house, swiped your car and gave it away would that be cool because it was a boon to car lovers?

This illustrates the difference betwixed Physical & intellectual property.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This illustrates the difference betwixed Physical & intellectual property.

Maybe not the best example, but stealing to me is taking someone's property, physical or intellectual. Oh, and sorry for taking the post so off topic. A Metallica pinball could be cool, would like it much more than Kiss anyway.

Post edited by paul_8788 : Off topic apologization

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Maybe not the best example, but stealing to me is taking someone's property, physical or intellectual. Oh, and sorry for taking the post so off topic. A Metallica pinball could be cool, would like it much more than Kiss anyway.
Post edited by paul_8788 : Off topic apologization

It's a tough call for sure. I mean if it were easy there'd be nothing to talk aboot.
Just make sure when you talk about "stealing music" probably 99% of people here are guilty.
When I was a kid we copied each others cassettes (in high speed no less ) <---Music Pirate
You were trying to bang some chica out so you made her a mix tape. <----Sailing seas for booty
"Hey wanna borrow the 45 I just got at the sock hop?" <----Sit on it bluebeard
Can I borrow you Radiers 2600 cartridge? <---8bit matey

Crooks!

#66 11 years ago

Quoted from TheLaw:It's a tough call for sure. I mean if it were easy there'd be nothing to talk aboot.
Just make sure when you talk about "stealing music" probably 99% of people here are guilty.
When I was a kid we copied each others cassettes (in High Speed no less ) <---Music Pirate
You were trying to bang some chica out so you made her a mix tape. <----Sailing seas for booty
"Hey wanna borrow the 45 I just got at the sock hop?" <----Sit on it bluebeard
Can I borrow you Radiers 2600 cartridge? <---8bit matey

Crooks!

The last two aren't piracy as no copying is involved. But, the first two are stealing. Stealing a small amount, sure. Stealing for an admittedly higher purpose (getting laid), still stealing. The law does recognize that stealing a pack of gum is less of an offense than stealing $100k from a bank, but from a morality standpoint, it is still wrong. At least that is what I teach my kids.

Sorry for going off topic again, but TheLaw made me!!!!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If someone came to your house, swiped your car and gave it away would that be cool because it was a boon to car lovers?

If you had the Mona Lisa in your house and I came over and scanned it and sent copies to museums and schools all over the world, are you harmed by this?

Otherwise millions of people would never get to see it, because you don't want to share it with anybody. You got it for free, but because you don't want to share it with your ex wife, you keep it locked away.

You might be annoyed because I'm sharing the work of a master that you want to keep to yourself, but I've not harmed you in any way.

Now imagine some of the greatest names in Jazz, all but one now dead, played some of the best performances of their lives 40 years ago in a series of free to the public gigs. Because they each are signed to a different record label, the recordings sit in a vault; the master tapes slowly decaying (magnetic tapes lose their magnetism and the iron oxides flake off the tape backing).

A Sony employee decides this is a crime against humanity and dubs the master tape onto a digital master. Then he keeps it available on Napster to share it with the Jazz world.

Who is being harmed? Sony is never going to release it, so they are not losing any money on it. The artists are almost all dead and would have been happy to share their art as they did when they made it. Thousands of people's lives are enriched by it.

=
Who would want to steal Metallicunt's songs anyway? They play them so much on Corporate Radio, you hear them more than if you owned the albums.

#68 11 years ago

Me thinks this is no longer a conversation about a Metallica themed pin.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

Yeah, maybe Stern should make a Napster pin

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

It's a huge part of Metalica's legacy now so it gets thrown in , plus it's a dumb idea (j/k!)

Quoted from paul_8788:

The last two aren't piracy as no copying is involved.

So what aboot copying them is the bad part. I have bought the files from amazon store, why are they not mine? They are only being loaned to me by the artist?

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you had the Mona Lisa in your house and I came over and scanned it and sent copies to museums and schools all over the world, are you harmed by this?.

Yes, as you just made it so I could not make copies and sell it to museums and schools all over the world, and I owned the rights to it. It would harm me because you just took it without my permission and gave it away for free. Not your right to decide.

Quoted from vid1900:

Otherwise millions of people would never get to see it, because you don't want to share it with anybody. You got it for free, but because you don't want to share it with your ex wife, you keep it locked away.

Doesn't matter how much I paid for it, matters how much its worth. In any case, Metallica or any other artist doesn't get their stuff for free. They work to create it. This is their job. What they choose to do with their creations is their right, not yours.

Quoted from vid1900:

Now imagine some of the greatest names in Jazz, all but one now dead, played some of the best performances of their lives 40 years ago in a series of free to the public gigs. Because they each are signed to a different record label, the recordings sit in a vault; the master tapes slowly decaying (magnetic tapes lose their magnetism and the iron oxides flake off the tape backing).

A Sony employee decides this is a crime against humanity and dubs the master tape onto a digital master. Then he keeps it available on Napster to share it with the Jazz world.

Who is being harmed? Sony is never going to release it, so they are not losing any money on it. The artists are almost all dead and would have been happy to share their art as they did when they made it. Thousands of people's lives are enriched by it

Again, not yours or some employees right. Whomever owns the rights is the one that can decide. If you wanted to release something public domain, purchase it and give it away or convince the owners to give it away for the good of humanity. Otherwise it is theft.

Dammit, sorry, last one I promise. This time vid1900 made me

Quoted from TheLaw:

So what aboot copying them is the bad part. I have bought the files from amazon store, why are they not mine? They are only being loaned to me by the artist?

You aren't buying the rights to the song. You are buying the rights to personal use of the song for listening purposes. Uploading it for others to download violates those rights. Read the agreement when you download songs.

Post edited by paul_8788 : Because I am out of control and need to stop reading this thread

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

so I could not make copies and sell it to museums and schools all over the world

You don't want anybody to see it because of your ex wife. You are taking it to the grave with you. You are not going to charge museums or schools because your ex could then possibly see it.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

You are buying the rights to personal use of the song for listening purposes. Uploading it for others to download violates those rights. Read the agreement when you download songs.

But can I give you the original files? Like I can give you a CD I don;t want anymore? What if you don't have a computer, can I burn the files to a disk and give them to you?

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But can I give you the original files? Like I can give you a CD I don;t want anymore? What if you don't have a computer, can I burn the files to a disk and give them to you?

Not if it's Metallica.

#75 11 years ago

I disagree about the whole Maiden vs. Metallica thing. Sure, Maiden had some great tunes, but no one had the sound of Metallica 'in the day'. They were one of a kind and forged a new path in metal. I f'ing hate anything past And Justice, but all of the albums before are must have for all true metalheads.

I would love to buy a Metallica machine if they kept it in the early years and had good flow/complexity. Nothing worse that a great theme with shitty play. I would much prefer very deep play and a shitty theme, much like my Baywatch.

#76 11 years ago

Methinks if we want to keep discussing piracy and the legality/ethics about we should create a separate thread. Until then I just don't want to keep polluting this one. Apologies to the OP.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not if it's Metallica.

That's better than computer games and software. You aren't even legally allowed to sell the CDs/DVDs anymore.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I disagree about the whole Maiden vs. Metallica thing. Sure, Maiden had some great tunes, but no one had the sound of Metallica 'in the day'.

I've seen it brought up many times in all the other music vs. Iron Madien threads, that maiden is still huge around the world, and most of the games made go overseas....so in that scenario it makes sense.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To include Burton Or Newstead would be a complete slap in the face to the current bassist of Metallica.

You're kidding right, both of them actually contributed to the music.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've seen it brought up many times in all the other music vs. Iron Madien threads, that maiden is still huge around the world, and most of the games made go overseas....so in that scenario it makes sense.

In that aspect I agree 100%, Maiden is by far more popular globally with many age groups, although I was never a huge fan for some reason. I think I just prefer more 'in your face' metal than Maiden, more thrash I suppose.

#81 11 years ago

You're kidding right, both of them actually contributed to the music.

Yes I am kidding. It was a "call back" to all the ACDC threads.

#82 11 years ago

Art package would be more intense on Maiden. If Metallica has MOP or RTL LE's this would have high hopes from alot of Metal fans. But just imagine Eddy as a centerpiece with the Rime of the Ancient Mariner MB! A lower playfield "Hallowed be thy Name" which would be the gallos or better yet The Number of the Beast Lower playfield! aka AC/DC's "Hell". Cannot play with Madness (Medieval Madness) spoof MB!

#83 11 years ago

I disagree about the whole Maiden vs. Metallica thing. Sure, Maiden had some great tunes, but no one had the sound of Metallica 'in the day'. They were one of a kind and forged a new path in metal. I f'ing hate anything past And Justice, but all of the albums before are must have for all true metalheads.
I would love to buy a Metallica machine if they kept it in the early years and had good flow/complexity. Nothing worse that a great theme with shitty play. I would much prefer very deep play and a shitty theme, much like my Baywatch.

Metallica has been quoted several times as having been influenced by Maiden.

To the poster going tonight to the show...ENJOY! Saw em twice last week, and did different sets each night!

Also, the shirt with Eddie riding a Grizzly was sold out at both shows...Hopefully they got more made and sent!

#84 11 years ago

If it's...

Led Zep, Crue, Metallica to choose from then it's Metallica only if classic art and sound. If it's current then Led Zep all the way! Then again Crue has some eye popping candy to look at along with a rolling drum set!

#85 11 years ago

I'm not even going to comment on the good and bad of Metallica and Napster...

But Multi-ball on a Metallica pinball, they could play Blitzkreig. Would be a perfect tune selection..

#86 11 years ago

Look guys, this is the deal. Most bands would not bother to sue Napster because the record companies own their a**es and give them pennies for every album sold, so stealing their music doesn't mean much, and they are forced to do live shows to make a living.

Metallica has enough clout to own most of the rights to their own material, and thus are perhaps one of a dozen musical acts where stealing their studio music has some material impact to the band itself. And really it wasn't the money, it was the fact that someone leaked songs off their new album before they got a chance to release it. There were 5 other identical services, so who really cares about Napster... it never adversely impacted the availability of pirated music, and bit torrent was invented to circumvent the centralization of pirated information so that going forward it would be impossible to sue anyone.

Metallica has always been the most fan friendly musical act of all time, and considering Metallica and Iron Maiden have played upwards of 2000 concerts each over many decades... it's pretty tough to go wrong with either band. The problem is most musical genres last only 5-10 years, so music themed pins are tough. Metallica has lasted as long as they have because they invented their genre, and Iron Maiden, while having shorter musical life, they became iconic, today both musical styles are, frankly, a bit dated.

The good thing is both bands were hot while pinball was hot, so the overlap of pinball and Maiden/Metallica fans is greater than the Rolling Stones, and lets face it, metal is a much better fit for pinball than bluesy rock.

#87 11 years ago

So, Justin Beiber pinball machine or a Snoop Lion FTW! (I am seriously kidding!)

Rolling Stones is as dated as they come! I just think a Maiden package would be highly more regarded worldwide!

Metal and pinball are a perfect fit!

Generation X is going into their mid-life crisis era! Look OUT!

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The good thing is both bands were hot while pinball was hot, so the overlap of pinball and Maiden/Metallica fans is greater than the Rolling Stones....

I don't know aboot that. Stones have been going a long time man...thru all of pinball's "hot times."
Certainly more Stones fans than metallica fans alone. Probably still more if you added maiden on as well.

Agian I'm American so impact of Maiden is completeely unknown to me.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To include Burton Or Newstead would be a complete slap in the face to the current bassist of Metallica.

It would but The S.Tendecies basists has not done much on new material? He just plays all of Newstead and Burton peices while crouching and swirling!

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

It would but The S.Tendecies basists has not done much on new material? He just plays all of Newstead and Burton peices while crouching and swirling!

Rob might kind of new to the band but is more than worthy of getting a gig in the band as well as on a pin.
The guy is a freak on bass.
may i suggest you listen to the band infectious groves (somewhat suicidal tendencies) & the song violent n funky, the bass riff in that is killer & he doesn't use a pick, all fingers (old school).
He is the best bass player going around ATM & is certainly one of the best i have ever heard.

#91 11 years ago

i would love to see a m pin made

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can't download cool stuff like that from iTunes

exactly. I'm all about paying for something... if it's available. There are lots and lots of obscure things out there, and not just music, movies and tv shows too. Look at HBO, they REFUSE to allow alacarte, you have to buy a crappy 300 channel package before you can get HBO. The most stolen TV show right now? Games of thrones. They are losing revenue they could be making by offering the public what they want.

You realize how many things aren't released on DVD because there isn't enough demand for it? Hell, if someone would fricken convert all the 3-2-1 contact episodes from PBS to DVD, I'd be in line to buy a box set.

#93 11 years ago

No thank you. Never buy anything Metallica. Decent music but a bunch of jerks.

#94 11 years ago

OZZY RULES!!

6 months later
#95 11 years ago
Quoted from RUS7T3:

While Stern has been producing Band themed pinballs, maybe it is time for them to consider making a Metallica pinball.
The Ideas & possiblities would be endless & would appeal to Middle aged people & the younger generations.
Some ideas i can think of that could incorporated is a Ride the Lightning ramp, Snake pit a Creeping death skull (similar to E.P. cover) with a scoop hole etc, etc.
Some asthetics could be the band members, the And Justice For All Lady Justice statue, Grave stone crosses from the Master of Puppets cover as drop targets.
Obviously like the AC/DC pinballs there could also be different themed albumn machines made.
If this is a Band themed pinball that would interest you leave your own ideas.
It will be intersting to see what people might have in mind.

Another could be whiplash kickback

#96 11 years ago

I know you have heard it before but-"Metallica sucks"-you could not pay me to put it in my house.

#97 11 years ago

Burton is Metallica! End of story.

#98 11 years ago

for comic relief this pin needs a napster multiball =)

It will probably be all new metallica songs and not classic ones that rock.

#99 11 years ago

It will suck! Too commercial, the one made by a true fan and artist would be the best, it would cut out all of the clip art BS.

3 months later
#100 10 years ago

ALL HAIL THE PROPHET, RUS7T3.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
7,600 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.