(Topic ID: 49471)

Metallica Pinball Pro Videos v1.03 (UPDATED: NEW CODE V1.06 IN NOW)

By LesManley

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 701 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Having seen video of the Pro in action, keeping in mind this was a very small sample set of what the game as to offer, are you...”

• More excited then before? What a fantastic start on an early code version! Awesome! 104 votes
    40%
  • As excited as before? It's about what I thought and I can't wait to see it all fleshed out! 76 votes
    29%
  • Less excited then before? I hope I'm wrong but I was expecting more. 46 votes
    18%
  • Never was excited. From the announcement, the game really has done nothing for me personally. 32 votes
    12%

(258 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

700.png
metallica.jpg
wagon_train_photo_large.jpg
945371_575921269096103_1088880709_n.jpg
944502_10151586008299244_1715917137_n..jpg
James.jpg
Metalli-cow.png
IMAG1150.jpg
Metallica_PRO_Detail-6_webready.jpg
coil.JPG
8707442719_25e1ca1b7a_h.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0705.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Vince, should be there about 11:30ish. John from D&G should be there too, so we should be able to pop off the glass to get better videos too.

Hell yeah, that's great news. Any chance the volume can be turned up (or others down) just while you are recording the video? Sad that we have to rely on ops and players to do Stern's job for them.

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Hell yeah, that's great news. Any chance the volume can be turned up (or others down) just while you are recording the video? Sad that we have to rely on ops and players to do Stern's job for them.

Hopefully. Bar should be pretty slow, so it should be easier to hear. He has an external sub hooked up to it, so it can really hit hard too.

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Thanks! Real name is John, so don't worry. Les Manley is just a character from an old PC game that I liked BITD. My user pic is the cover of the game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/564761-les-manley-in-search-for-the-king/faqs

Handle is hilarious. Would be funnier if your avatar was a rainbow!

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hopefully. Bar should be pretty slow, so it should be easier to hear. He has an external sub hooked up to it, so it can really hit hard too.

Looking forward to seeing the champ play this game!

#405 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Looking forward to seeing the champ play this game!

Ditto.

Stern should put LesManley on payroll!

#406 10 years ago

Sorry, I didn't read through all 9 pages...is there a video of the LE yet?

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry, I didn't read through all 9 pages...is there a video of the LE yet?

no

#409 10 years ago

Talked to my distributor last night Ted. He's getting in a PRO for me

Comming to the unboxing?

#410 10 years ago

Can't wait to see some videos and legit opinions on the Premium so I can compare it to the Pro (which is looking damn good thus far).

#411 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Talked to my distributor last night Ted. He's getting in a PRO for me

I'm tellin' ya...get the Premium....

#412 10 years ago

Wow Les a game i have never heard of . Tell us more about it...

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm tellin' ya...get the Premium....

I can save myself 2k and have the game in like a week or two instead of several months. I will pass on the hammer. You get the premium and I will come play yours

#414 10 years ago

Can anyone confirm how many balls the game uses? 4?

#415 10 years ago

Chuck says, your not missing much by getting a Pro over a premium. Save a ton of cash for the little differences.

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yes 4

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Chuck says, your not missing much by getting a Pro over a premium. Save a ton of cash for the little differences.

Who is Chuck?

I think the Pro is a very good value on this game for certain. Most missed will be the fully controlled LED light show

#418 10 years ago

Ok, stopped over and got a bunch more video and learned more about the rules. I was all alone at first, so I got the song selection and each multiball start with the glass off since I couldn't film myself and play. Then Steve stopped over and we played a couple of games. I dropped 150 million on Metallica and he filmed the whole game, so there is TONS of good gameplay footage. Pretty much did everything that game and had 3 of the 4 symbols lit, which you need super jackpots in each of the multiballs to light. He is uploading that right after work.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's 4.

#420 10 years ago

I played the PRO last night and really the only difference is the light show and the way the ball locks for coffin multiball with the hammer. It will be interesting how and when the snakes mouth opens and closes on the LE. As it is now on the PRO it is open all the time and the ball comes back at you with an eject back to the left flipper. If the mouth is closed on the LE and only opens when that shot is eligible then the ball will react differently then coming straight back to the flipper. That will add a different "game play" variation between the PRO and LE. Also, I am assuming the Locked balls in the coffin on the LE will come out of the mystery eject. On the PRO they launch from the trough. A small difference in "game play". The only thing for "ME" is the cost of resale in a year. Will the PRO be easier to sell or the Premium. PRO 4500, PREMIUM 6500 and LE 7500. I do not think that $2 - 3000 justifiey the small difference in "game play". You are definitly paying for the cool factor.

#421 10 years ago

Wow, thanks for that! Can't wait to see the video.

Quoted from LesManley:

Ok, stopped over and got a bunch more video and learned more about the rules. I was all alone at first, so I got the song selection and each multiball start with the glass off since I couldn't film myself and play. Then Steve stopped over and we played a couple of games. I dropped 150 million on Metallica and he filmed the whole game, so there is TONS of good gameplay footage. Pretty much did everything that game and had 3 of the 4 symbols light, which you need super jackpots in each of the multiballs to light. He is uploading that right after work.

#422 10 years ago

Also, the bar was empty, so aside from a tv on, it was quiet and you can hear much better.

#423 10 years ago

1st ball song selection...

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ok, stopped over and got a bunch more video and learned more about the rules. I was all alone at first, so I got the song selection and each multiball start with the glass off since I couldn't film myself and play. Then Steve stopped over and we played a couple of games. I dropped 150 million on Metallica and he filmed the whole game, so there is TONS of good gameplay footage. Pretty much did everything that game and had 3 of the 4 symbols lit, which you need super jackpots in each of the multiballs to light. He is uploading that right after work.

Thanks. When is 'after work'? Not being pushy just wanna know when i should check for video.

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks. When is 'after work'? Not being pushy just wanna know when i should check for video.

He said 4:30-5:00 central time.

#426 10 years ago

Damn. I wanted to make it... well if you're going back this week at all just tell me what day, I'll try and be there. I'm for sure stopping in to play it this week though!

#427 10 years ago

Snake Multiball start. I'm filming with one hand and playing with the other, so this is just to show the multiball start...

#428 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He said 4:30-5:00 central time.

What the heck we have to wait till after work, does he have bills to pay or something LOL

#429 10 years ago

The game that Steve filmed.

IMAG1150.jpgIMAG1150.jpg

#430 10 years ago

Grave Marker Multiball start. Again, I'm filming with one hand and playing with the other, so this is just to show the multiball start...

#431 10 years ago

THIS IS BULL$#!T WE DEMAND OUR FREE VIDEO NOW.

Thanks for going back and shooting more! So just to be clear, is this the game that had the flipper coils swapped? I'm starting to lose track of all the tables slowly appearing. Did you find that going up the ramps was any easier? That kinda concerned me more than bricking off the posts, tight shots can be overcome with practice and familiarity, but shots that roll back down are super frustrating if you think you nailed it.

#432 10 years ago

...And Justice For All and Coffin Multiball. Spelling METALLICA by hitting the ramp shots starts this mode where you tip the scales by hitting shots to make the shots worth more points.

Also light all 3 locks and hit the captive ball to start Coffin Multiball.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I played the PRO last night and really the only difference is the light show and the way the ball locks for coffin multiball with the hammer.

How are the spinners in the Pro? Honest question.

When have you played the Premium/LE?

#434 10 years ago

Has no spinners smoke dog, only premium!

I will say this, Metallica Music > AC/DC music for pinball

#435 10 years ago

How are Sparky's feet holding up?

That's what we all want to know.

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

How are Sparky's feet holding up?
That's what we all want to know.

No issues so far, but I could see that and the snake teeth taking a real beating in the long run. Maybe cliffy can make a grill for the snake or something...

#437 10 years ago

snake braces!

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Maybe cliffy can make a grill for the snake or something...

YO we can get TOMGWI since he is a dds to make some fly caps

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No issues so far, but I could see that and the snake teeth taking a real beating in the long run. Maybe cliffy can make a grill for the snake or something...

LOL, are those teeth just plastic? Not sure how that will hold?

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

This is probibly going to be a really popular thread!

looks like i was right!

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

LOL, are those teeth just plastic? Not sure how that will hold?

I think they are rubber and not hard plastic. Not sure though.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

THIS IS BULL$#!T WE DEMAND OUR FREE VIDEO NOW.
Thanks for going back and shooting more! So just to be clear, is this the game that had the flipper coils swapped? I'm starting to lose track of all the tables slowly appearing. Did you find that going up the ramps was any easier? That kinda concerned me more than bricking off the posts, tight shots can be overcome with practice and familiarity, but shots that roll back down are super frustrating if you think you nailed it.

Yes, this is where the coils were swapped. I think the ramps are easier, both can be backhanded now even in the perfect scenario. I really didn't think they were bad before though.

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I think they are rubber and not hard plastic. Not sure though.

Ahh ok they should hold up then. Snake looks pretty big, very cool I like!

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yes, this is where the coils were swapped. I think the ramps are easier, both can be backhanded now even in the perfect scenario. I really didn't think they were bad before though.

Thanks for the vids and updates les!
Personally, this game looks tight. I can't wait to see/play the LE. I foresee another ACDC in the making where both the pro and premium versions will be great. The bad news that I foresee is that it took Lyman a year to finish ACDC, and I thought I saw 'someone in the know' post that Lyman only gets 2 more mos to complete this one. Whatever the result, it's pretty apparent that anything Lyman touches, turns to gold. I wonder if Lyman will have a MET in his personal lineup.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Personally, this game looks tight. I can't wait to see/play the LE. I foresee another ACDC in the making where both the pro and premium versions will be great. The bad news that I foresee is that it took Lyman a year to finish ACDC, and I thought I saw 'someone in the know' post that Lyman only gets 2 more mos to complete this one. Whatever the result, it's pretty apparent that anything Lyman touches, turns to gold. I wonder if Lyman will have a MET in his personal lineup.

You're welcome.

As for having a MET in his collection, he had Tron and AC/DC LEs when I was at his place before so I'm sure this will be no different. His collection of games and pinball related stuff is pretty amazing.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think he gets 2 months exclusive..then he will have other stuff and add little things when he has time. Kinda like AC/DC..at least thats what im thinkin?

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think he gets 2 months exclusive..then he will have other stuff and add little things when he has time. Kinda like AC/DC..at least thats what im thinkin?

Rufer said 2 months exclusive, then I'm sure he'll be working on ST.

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

...And Justice For All and Coffin Multiball. Spelling METALLICA by hitting the ramp shots starts this mode where you tip the scales by hitting shots to make the shots worth more points.
Also light all 3 locks and hit the captive ball to start Coffin Multiball.
» YouTube video

Dumb question but is that and Justice for All that plays during that mode? Didnt think it was on the game? Doesnt sound like it, but dont know that song well.

#449 10 years ago

They did a killer job on the dots, they really look like they add to the game experience far more than most. If for some reason STLE looks like a bust, I may have to put a premium MET up for consideration.

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Dumb question but is that and Justice for All that plays during that mode? Didnt think it was on the game? Doesnt sound like it, but dont know that song well.

No, that is One.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-pro-video-v103/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.