(Topic ID: 49471)

Metallica Pinball Pro Videos v1.03 (UPDATED: NEW CODE V1.06 IN NOW)

By LesManley

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 701 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Having seen video of the Pro in action, keeping in mind this was a very small sample set of what the game as to offer, are you...”

• More excited then before? What a fantastic start on an early code version! Awesome! 104 votes
    40%
  • As excited as before? It's about what I thought and I can't wait to see it all fleshed out! 76 votes
    29%
  • Less excited then before? I hope I'm wrong but I was expecting more. 46 votes
    18%
  • Never was excited. From the announcement, the game really has done nothing for me personally. 32 votes
    12%

(258 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

700.png
metallica.jpg
wagon_train_photo_large.jpg
945371_575921269096103_1088880709_n.jpg
944502_10151586008299244_1715917137_n..jpg
James.jpg
Metalli-cow.png
IMAG1150.jpg
Metallica_PRO_Detail-6_webready.jpg
coil.JPG
8707442719_25e1ca1b7a_h.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0705.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Dumb question but is that and Justice for All that plays during that mode? Didnt think it was on the game? Doesnt sound like it, but dont know that song well.

It sounded like "One" that was playing during the mode which is off the AJFA album.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Dumb question but is that and Justice for All that plays during that mode? Didnt think it was on the game? Doesnt sound like it, but dont know that song well.

No that isn't And Justice For All.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No, that is One.

Ahh ok...Like it! Is that on the And Justice for All alblum? Trying to figure how it ties together. Music is killer on this game.

#454 10 years ago

I see you can change the song at start but is there a way to change the song during gameplay - the music has to be some how incorporated in the game play right? Sorry didnt feel like reading 10 pages to find this out.

#455 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ahh ok...Like it! Is that on the And Justice for All alblum? Trying to figure how it ties together. Music is killer on this game.

Yeah, it was the biggest single off of .....and Justice for All.

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

I see you can change the song at start but is there a way to change the song during gameplay - the music has to be some how incorporated in the game play right? Sorry didnt feel like reading 10 pages to find this out.

Not right now. The music will change during multiball, but there isn't a jukebox to hit to choose to change the song. So far, song choice is just for listening to and doesn't change gameplay at all.

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Cool Metallica 101 thanks

I used to listen to the S&M album all the time. But not so much the studio stuff.

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Maybe cliffy can make a grill for the snake or something...

Fang Protectors!

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

How are the spinners in the Pro? Honest question.
When have you played the Premium/LE?

Forgot about the spinners. I would think they may affect your score but I assume they came be used for a mode. Get so many spinner hits ETC.

Have not played LE just going off of features that might effect gameplay for my comparison.

#460 10 years ago

Here's how the songs appear to be related to multiball modes:

Snake Multiball = Sad But True (from the Black Album which features a snake on the cover)
Grave Multiball = Master of Puppets (from Master of Puppets album which features grave crosses)
Electric Chair Multiball = Creeping Death (from Ride the Lightning which features an electric chair)

Odd man out:
Coffin Multiball (which, according to the logic above should play a song from Death Magnetic) plays For Whom the Bell Tolls from Ride the Lightning.

Non-multiball: And Justice for All mode = One (from ...And Justice for All album which features scales of justice)

Post edited by Nuclear_Waste : Fixed AJFA info

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

eah, it was the biggest single off of .....and Justice for All.

Also there first video ever.

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

And also the best song in Guitar Hero. Makes me feel like I can really shred

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Here's how the songs appear to be related to multiball modes:
Snake Multiball = Sad But True (from the Black Album which features a snake on the cover)
Grave Multiball = Master of Puppets (from Master of Puppets album which features grave crosses)
And Justice for All Multiball = One (from ...And Justice for All album which features scales of justice)
Electric Chair Multiball = Creeping Death (from Ride the Lightning which features an electric chair)
Odd man out:
Coffin Multiball (which, according to the logic above should play a song from Death Magnetic) plays For Whom the Bell Tolls from Ride the Lightning.

I sand justice for all a multiball? If not see a good stack potential with a multiball?

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I sand justice for all a multiball? If not see a good stack potential with a multiball?

D'oh! No, it's not. It does play One, though. Fixing my previous post. Thanks!

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No, no multiball, but stackable.

#466 10 years ago

I was wondering what all the Spider inserts were tied to, and I noticed that the shot behind FUEL has a spider insert all by itself, above 3 little lights that seem tied to the pops. Should we call this the Spider-hole shot?

#467 10 years ago

The spider inserts seem to be more like generic 'shoot the lit arrow' / jackpot shots.

I think the 3 pop bumper lights are somehow tied to the fuel mode. Maybe the pop bumper levels make cashing in fuel more valuable?

#468 10 years ago

Hey Les, how many callouts did you hear that were by the band? I think I heard:

James - too many to list. Electric chair, high score initial entry, etc.
Lars - 'Nice freakin' shot' or something like that.
Kirk - 'I just shoot all of the lit arrows' during a multiball.
Robert 'Raise the power' on a Sparky hit.

Does that sound right? It was hard to tell what was the game and what was you guys talking about the game.

#469 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hey Les, how many callouts did you hear that were by the band? I think I heard:
James - too many to list. Electric chair, high score initial entry, etc.
Lars - 'Nice freakin' shot' or something like that.
Kirk - 'I just shoot all of the lit arrows' during a multiball.
Robert 'Raise the power' on a Sparky hit.
Does that sound right? It was hard to tell what was the game and what was you guys talking about the game.

I remember hearing Lars and James. I don't know Kirk and Robert's voice well enough to notice.

#470 10 years ago

Odd man out:

I believe Death Magnetic will be featured as the wizard mode since the playfield says to complete everything to reach End of the Line, which is off that album.

#471 10 years ago

Kirks voice is" I just shoot lit shots and rack up points"

Quoted from LesManley:

I remember hearing Lars and James. I don't know Kirk and Robert's voice well enough to notice.

#472 10 years ago

I think Robert and Kirk are in this video.

Robert 'Raise the power!' at 5 seconds.
Kirk 'I just shoot flashing shots and...' I can't make out the rest, at 3:50.

At least I think its them.

#473 10 years ago

Damn it, Akuma!

#474 10 years ago

John playing a 147-million game on Metallica today at Mortimers during the lunch hour. And before I forget, they have a great burger and fries for just $4.75!

Sorry my camera angle is not perfect for every video. Try straight arming your camera out in front of your chest for 15 minutes straight. Then do it again. And again.

Note that John has a camera in his direct line of site, between his eyes and the dmd, when I am recording these videos.

First Video - Ball #1
Second Video - Ball #1.5 (Extra Ball)
Third Video - Ball 2
Fourth Video - Ball 3

#475 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Also there first video ever.

Yep. They bought the rights to Johnny Got His Gun entirely, instead of just paying a licensing fee to use clips.

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

John playing a 147-million game on Metallica today at Mortimers during the lunch hour. And before I forget, they have a great burger and fries for just $4.75!
First Video - Ball #1:
» YouTube video
Second Video - Ball #2:
» YouTube video

Cool watching yourself play a game. Man, ball 1 started out rough, but I then I got in the grove. Ball 2 was the typical failure off a good ball 1. At least I got back in the groove after ball 2.

#477 10 years ago

Does the game have an instant-menu coded yet? Iron Man desperately needs one and itll probably never happen.

#478 10 years ago

Great video, it is good to watch someone play the game who can hit ramp shots.

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

First Video - Ball #1:
» YouTube video
Second Video - Ball #2:
» YouTube video

Steve...Your ball 2 video is the one where you accidently left the camera on in between balls. It doesn't show anything.

#480 10 years ago

Yeah I think this is missing ball 2 and 3. It has ball 1, a video of the side of the machine from a table, and the first extra ball that didn't last too long.

#481 10 years ago

Just curious what happens if you keep the ball in play long enough and complete a song? I wonder if the same song starts playing over again. Also do you pick a new song at the beginning of each ball or just ball one? Hopefully we can somehow scroll through different songs during the game.

#482 10 years ago

Who are the 34 people that are less excited after watching these videos?

I am curious as to what is disappointing about this game so far?

I think this game looks killer!

#483 10 years ago
Quoted from maldoror:

Great video, it is good to watch someone play the game who can hit ramp shots.

NIIICE!

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

First Video - Ball #1:
» YouTube video
Second Video - Ball #2:
» YouTube video

That looks awesome!

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Just curious what happens if you keep the ball in play long enough and complete a song? I wonder if the same song starts playing over again. Also do you pick a new song at the beginning of each ball or just ball one? Hopefully we can somehow scroll through different songs during the game.

The next song to the right of the one you chose on ball one starts... Only had one ball going long enough for this to happen in about 50 bucks worth of games lol.

#486 10 years ago

Great ball 2 with Grave MB. Who did the dot animations on Metallica?!! They deserve some credit. The crumbling crosses look great.

Nice to see someone nailing those ramps. Balls come back fast.

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from Brad200X:

The next song to the right of the one you chose on ball one starts... Only had one ball going long enough for this to happen in about 50 bucks worth of games lol.

Cool thanks as I kind of though it might do that. Since all of these songs are 6+ minutes I figured doing that would be a major challenge unless you just held the ball for awhile. Glad to hear you accomplished it once so far.

#488 10 years ago

Fixed video links!

#489 10 years ago

grave and coffin can be stacked for sure.

#490 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

grave and coffin can be stacked for sure.

Sparky and SNAKE too. Steve did that on his game.

#491 10 years ago

If you do a little pre-planning, you could use the machine AS your casket. Might need a little "limb-management", but c'mon...it's Metallica!

I actually thought about this as I wrote about the casket

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Welcome to Pinside! That goes both ways though. We've already had a top 5 all time prediction! I just hope this game kicks butt. I hope EVERY new game kicks butt....I personally refrain from any hyperbole until I've played the game...but I've learned to appreciate the positive enthusiasm on Pinside, even when it's based on a picture or video of a game and not actual game experience. Ill never accept the game bashing under the same context. Some people disagree, but I'm one of the people that think you need alot of time with any game to know how much you like it...or don't like it.
So far, this looks pretty cool!

Good point and yea enthusiasm is good!..

#492 10 years ago

In case you missed it, during the Snake multiball the snake spits out:

a round bomb
cow
toaster

#493 10 years ago

Did you show all the songs that you can choose from the start?
I remember a list that included:
The Unforgiven
Fuel
I think a couple of others were supposed to be there as well??
Thanks for the vids!

#494 10 years ago

Found the cow in Metallica! Metalli-cow! When's the last time a Stern game had a cow?

EDIT - Beaten like a red-headed stepchild, but at least I provided a pic.

Metalli-cow.pngMetalli-cow.png

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

When's the last time a Stern game had a cow?

as far as i know never

#496 10 years ago

Went to play this afternoon (around 1:30), felt like all the usuals in the joint were going to beat me over the head with how loud they have it setup to play with the external sub

Impression of the game was good. The code is definitely lacking (expected at this point), but the shots definitely are only 'slightly' tight - both ramps are not bad (I like the bounce-out on the right ramp if you don't quite make it up and over), outlanes are not impossible, side shots aren't too high risk, i didnt have one SDTM from Sparky shot (played five games), and honestly I think the most dangerous shot is the grave marker stand-ups (but the fact you can backhand the shot makes it reasonably safe).

The snake shot is surprisingly smooth, which just seemed weird (I expected it to feel like the slot machine shot on TZ, but I don't know what it is about it, but smooth as butter when you load it ).

Call-outs are good, but not great... I was expecting more of Hetfield screaming at you and not just 'talking' (I didn't explain this very well, since I suck at descriptive writing, but the delivery doesn't pull you into the game that well).

The track list is on point, but I couldn't really figure the music changes and what they meant (I like that you can select a song to start a game, but wish you could change it after each drain (but I'm guessing that it being able to change the song after each ball will have importance once coding is completed)).

The game is fast as well, but not as fast as ACDC I thought (the game is definitely quicker when you take bricked shots into account, a bricked anything will come screaming right back to you which is awesome (but also makes you feel like a chitty player since any missed ramp will be the target rebounds haha).

And lastly, I didn't get as 'into the moment' with this game as I did when I first played ACDC. The music is great, but something about it didnt give me that kick in the ass excitement of having a great ball and the music puts you into a flow with the machine (it may be in part to how the game flows, or doesn't flow compared to ACDC - comes back to a lot of bricked out shots I guess; but that was just my opinion on it).

I'm definitely still considering the Premo, but need to get more plays on it now before committing to that much coin - the game is fun, but I didn't leave thinking I 'NEED' it , put up scores around 60mil to 100mil, and I left three credits on the machine, so you're welcome to whoever got them

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Found the cow in Metallica! Metalli-cow! When's the last time a Stern game had a cow?

There is also a line by James that is a direct quote of Rudy! I won't spoil it. Pretty sure I heard a few others that were references too.

#498 10 years ago

I like when you get a jackpot, James sings "jack..pot!"

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I like when you get a jackpot, James sings "jack..pot!"

Another cool sound bite is when you hit the grave target, the game whispers "master" in the background. Probably can't hear it in the video. Subtle, but cool.

#500 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

BBH?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-pro-video-v103/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.