(Topic ID: 49471)

Metallica Pinball Pro Videos v1.03 (UPDATED: NEW CODE V1.06 IN NOW)

By LesManley

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 701 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Having seen video of the Pro in action, keeping in mind this was a very small sample set of what the game as to offer, are you...”

• More excited then before? What a fantastic start on an early code version! Awesome! 104 votes
    40%
  • As excited as before? It's about what I thought and I can't wait to see it all fleshed out! 76 votes
    29%
  • Less excited then before? I hope I'm wrong but I was expecting more. 46 votes
    18%
  • Never was excited. From the announcement, the game really has done nothing for me personally. 32 votes
    12%

(258 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

700.png
metallica.jpg
wagon_train_photo_large.jpg
945371_575921269096103_1088880709_n.jpg
944502_10151586008299244_1715917137_n..jpg
James.jpg
Metalli-cow.png
IMAG1150.jpg
Metallica_PRO_Detail-6_webready.jpg
coil.JPG
8707442719_25e1ca1b7a_h.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0705.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 10 years ago

UDPATED:

Game has an adult mode, and I heard the announcer say, "How do you like that shit?" after hitting a good shot and after getting the Electric Chair SJ, it said, "Crazy little bastard just gave you a shitload of points!" and when entering my initials for the #1 high score it said, "You think you're hot shit huh?" I like the game, kinda like Iron Man with more going on. Has a lot of flow when you get it going with the ramps, orbits and "meg" shot on the left. At one point I went left ramp, right ramp 5x back and forth in a row. Only things that stop the ball are mystery award scoop and snake for a second, it kicks it right back out. You pick a song on ball 1, choice doesn't seem to affect rules yet. Song changes as you do different things during the game. You want to have the up post enabled as it comes. If you disable it, there is nothing to send the ball to the pops and it will never go there, just will continue around the orbits. Standups are fast, and if you miss it comes back quick like drone targets in IM. Right ramp is very IMish, but no SDTM off it. Left ramp is very IMish as well, but a tighter shot. Ramps don't do much currently but add letters to spell METALLICA for ...And Justice For All (think spelling ROLLING STONES in TRS) where shots are worth more, as well as contributing to combos. For the IM comparisons, Sparky would be like Iron Monger, grave is like War Machine and Snake is like Whiplash for multiballs. The hammer will be very cool in the LE, you can tell how that is going to work. That part is all virtual on the Pro, with green lock lights shinning through the coffin beneath the playfield where the physical balls will be in the LE/Premium. Right now the game is all multiball, if you are not in one, you aren't scoring many points. One last thing that is really nice is the custom font for all the text. It is not your standard cookie-cutter font that is used for text in most Stern games. Also, there is already somewhat of an instant info integrated that shows how many of the different symbols you have hit as well as combos.

===============

On the plunge, up post pops up for an easy skill shot, 250,000 or hold in left flipper button and go for super skill shot for 350,000.

Pops build points up for the 4 different symbols and have a count down on each. Not sure of the significance yet.

15 captive ball shots to light extra ball at mystery award shot, then 100 for the next EB.

There is a nice "Meg" shot just like from Family Guy on the left hand side that integrates nicely for combos and feeds the left inlane.

Outlanes are brutal. Come all the way open, only two slots to choose from to close them down.

Combos are integrated.

Bonus adds up the shots to each of the 4 symbols.

Rollovers light mystery award shot

Rollovers continue down from pops to inlanes like in IM

Mystery award shot always gives 500k or "Add fuel" (Start multiball, light EB and light lock show up as choices)

F-U-E-L meter is for fuel scoring and can be extended, think Iron Man Scoring in IM. Lit shots add a little fuel to the meter until it is full.

Also a 2x scoring fuel mode where scoring is doubled for 20 seconds.

Hit the guitar pick standups to collect band members and light lock for Coffin Multiball.

Super Jackpots during each of the 4 multiballs light the 4 associated white symbol targets on the playfield.

Hit ramps to spell M-E-T-A-L-L-I-C-A and start ...And Justice For All where you tip the scales by hitting shots and which make the shots worth more points.
===============

Multiballs: (Mystery award didn't award add-a-ball yet)

Grave- (2 ball) Knock down the sequential drops and hit the cross twice. This does not carry over from ball to ball, so you have to do it all on one ball. Magnet holds ball for MB start.

Snake- Spell S-N-A-K-E- (3 ball) Shoot snake to light snake shots. Shooting a lit shot lights snake. Each shot to the snake mouth awards one letter, light it and shoot to start.

Electric Chair- (3 ball) So many shots to the electric chair lights and then one more to start. Magnet holds ball for MB start. Great intro! Lights everything for jackpots and then hit the jackpots to increase the energy bar and shoot the chair again for super.

Coffin- (4 ball) Shoot guitar pick standups to light lock, then hit captive ball to virtual lock the ball. 3 balls virtually locked to start multiball.

Electric Chair did stack with SNAKE, not sure how many others can be stacked. FUEL can also be stacked and built up with MBs.

===============

First video is version 1.0 and the second video is the newest code v1.03. Bunch more vids posted in the thread as well.

#2 10 years ago

Ride the Lightning DOTS are killer !!!

#3 10 years ago

Dots are excellent, music is fantastic. Hard to hear in a bar though.

#4 10 years ago

Can you please post to YouTube? Facebook link apparently doesn't work for mobile users.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah I couldn't watch it on my phone either.

#6 10 years ago

Me thinks me made a good choice with the LE on this one! LesManley, you are my hero! Thanks for getting some video out. It looks FANTASTIC!!!

#7 10 years ago

Great video LM! Game looks much better than I thought for a Pro; really good actually. I can't wait for the Premiums / LE's to be released. Thanks for the video!

#8 10 years ago

Looks freaking AWESOME!!!!!! Normally I'm almost never a fan of the pro model but even that thing looks bitchin!

#9 10 years ago

Will work for YouTube link.

#10 10 years ago

The light show is awesome! The interaction with Sparky looks incredible. This game is gonna be huge!

#11 10 years ago

Someone hit a ramp! LOL

More, Les! More, Les!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Will work for YouTube link.

get back to work ya slacker!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

get back to work ya slacker!

You just got uninvited from my birthday party.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Looks freaking AWESOME!!!!!! Normally I'm almost never a fan of the pro model but even that thing looks bitchin!

I keep thinking the same thing. That pro looks like the complete package. I think i'd be happy with one based on what I have seen.

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for posting. It's looking great, only thing I'm worried about is it looks like the ramps being so far back are hard to hit? Maybe stronger flipper coils or leveling the machine might help, but I was hoping for a lot of back and forth ramp action flow. The lighting when Sparky gets zapped and the dots look really nice!

Kevin

#16 10 years ago

Yes, the animations look kick ass!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Yeah I couldn't watch it on my phone either.

Here is v1.0 on youtube...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for posting. It's looking great, only thing I'm worried about is it looks like the ramps being so far back are hard to hit? Maybe stronger flipper coils or leveling the machine might help, but I was hoping for a lot of back and forth ramp action flow. The lighting when Sparky gets zapped and the dots look really nice!
Kevin

No one was aiming for a ramp...that was the problem...lol.

#19 10 years ago

Phone is dying, I will move the other video over when I get to a charger...

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, those were just bricked shots.

#21 10 years ago

The toy looks awesome when he gets shaking.

#22 10 years ago

Now if we could just get a "player" in there.

#23 10 years ago

Many thanks!

#24 10 years ago

thx for the post.

#25 10 years ago

THANKS for posting!!!

#26 10 years ago

How skilled were the people playing? My girlfriend tends to hit the flipper button a split second too early and gets piss poor power most of the time. Would have difficulty with these ramps.

Not saying that's the case, but nobody was really ringing it up.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You assume they weren't aiming for them?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Someone hit a ramp! LOL
More, Les! More, Les!

Weak flippers, cancel games, weak flippers. lol

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

How skilled were the people playing?

It's probably tough to have skills knowing Gary might be nearby.

#31 10 years ago

People are lighting it up. Have much more GoPro video. So far there is grave marker, snake, electric chair and coffin multiball.

#32 10 years ago

Actually MorGirley is a really good player so I assume he was doing the shooting, of the video I mean!

#33 10 years ago

Right, I can't film myself playing unfortunately and there are people who want to play so I can't hog it.

There is lots of left ramp, right ramp flow. There is an up post that stops all orbit shots which is a little weird.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Kevin

Agree completely.

Retracting second statement about flow due to simultaneous clarifying comment from OP. Thanks for the update.

#35 10 years ago

The pro even looks good on this game. Prems will be selling on this game for a loooong time! Good for ST! Hope it buys the King of Flow some more Star Trek Dev time

#36 10 years ago

I love the backboard lighting effect behind Sparky...awesome!

#37 10 years ago

I would assume that up post is flipper controlled somehow? Try it out!

#38 10 years ago

LE price just went up $2k thanks to the video.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

People are lighting it up. Have much more GoPro video. So far there is grave marker, snake, electric chair and coffin multiball.

Thanks for the Vid Stern

Thanks Les for the Video ...4 different Multiballs

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I love the backboard lighting effect behind Sparky...awesome!

+1 Crazy Spark

#41 10 years ago

oh this one will be even more fun than AC/DC.. come on enchanted castle! I have a pocket full of tokens that are dying to fall down a slot

#42 10 years ago

Wow...Williamsish dots! I think it moved...

#43 10 years ago

Twin cities...so close....yet so far...

#44 10 years ago

Are the songs used in the same way as ACDC used them. Jukebox style???

#45 10 years ago

Flash player upgrade needed......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#46 10 years ago

Game does seem a bit slow...probably needs some wax and leveling Too bad we cant really hear it, but has potential for sure. Dots and sounds seem top notch. 4 multiballs...maybe some modes???

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

You pick songs at the start of the ball via a radio graphic on the DMD. Nothing to shot for like a jukebox to change songs that I can tell so far.

Fuel meter looks like double scoring. Combos are there. Mystery award is almost always 500,000 right now.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You pick songs at the start of the ball via a radio graphic on the DMD. Nothing to shot for like a jukebox to change songs that I can tell so far.

So the modes aren't song based?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Hoping that's the case. There's a few songs I can't stand, some that I can tolerate, and a couple that are great. If you can pick and choose like ACDC, it might still be a pin I could get excited about.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It sounded like the song changed from Enter Sandman to Creeping Death when Sparky got lit up. Not sure if AC/DC does this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 701 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-pro-video-v103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.