(Topic ID: 117339)

Metallica Pinball Poll, which version do you own?

By mandelbloom

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version do you own”

• Pro 61 votes
    44%
  • Premium - Monster 24 votes
    17%
  • Premium - Roadcase 7 votes
    5%
  • LE 47 votes
    34%

(139 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
IMAG0895.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

OK so seems like Met's are getting hot again..as well they should great game! It got me to thinking, I wonder how man premiums were made? They almost seem more rare than a LE, I certainly think the Roadcase is and the Monsters might be close to LE numbers. This poll will far from an accurate indicator but just vote for the one you own lets see how the numbers play out. Def expect pro to be the highest.

#2 4 years ago

where is the pro vs pro led model?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

where is the pro vs pro led model?

Yea I thought about that, but its not even out yet is it? And regardless its still a pro with LED's But no doubt that is currently the rarest.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Yea I thought about that, but its not even out yet is it? And regardless its still a pro with LED's But no doubt that is currently the rarest.

Has been released months ago.

#6 4 years ago

there was an original met pro run, then the pro led run.

#7 4 years ago

Ahh ok well too late now I gues , like I said still a pro but agree it's a bit different.

So dead lock LE vs Monster and only 1 road case.

#8 4 years ago

Premium Dirty Donny edition

#9 4 years ago

Wow the early data is confirming my suspicion that premiums are as rare as LE's! Pro's the most common.

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

IMAG0895.jpg

LE 199 here

#11 4 years ago

Premium Dirty Donnie Edition here...

#12 4 years ago

le number 15 here and freaking loving it maybe best stern ever

#13 4 years ago

You can save yourself a lot of trouble and simply look at Pinside ownership... 297 Pro and 352 Premium/LE. It doesn't give the Premium breakout, but perhaps one can extrapolate this poll results and come up with something like

297 Pro - 46%
122 Premium - 19%
230 LE - 35%

#14 4 years ago

how did you get those #'s?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You can save yourself a lot of trouble and simply look at Pinside ownership... 297 Pro and 352 Premium/LE. It doesn't give the Premium breakout, but perhaps one can extrapolate this poll results and come up with something like
297 Pro - 46%
122 Premium - 19%
230 LE - 35%

Yes the only way I could get a count of premiums is by doing this I will say not that large a sample size...but I think its a safe bet that they arent many more premiums out there than LE's maybe even less if these numbers are indicative of whats out there.

Agree excellent game across the board! I think the LE is the nicest, I own a premium its not far behind.

#16 4 years ago

My impression is that Stern tries to make enough LEs to meet the non-pro demand (there just aren't that many buyers in the world), and Premiums wind up being a catch-all for games that exceed Stern's projections... Premium buyerswaited to play the game first and didn't want to by an LE blind, so ultimately the sales will lag because it's always the last model confirmed and the last model built. I suppose one can't blame Stern for wanting to shove an LE down everyone's throat because they are a substantial markup from a Premium and Pro, but Premium is the full game play version that can be re-run anytime in the future to meet demand.

#17 4 years ago

From what I heard the Premium wasn't a big seller. We know Mustang wasn't. Star Trek wasn't. Hence Stern starting to hedge the whole Premium model.

I splurged for the LE because IMHO this is one of the best games Stern has ever made, so it was worth it to me, knew I'd be keeping it. Bought I bought used after the code was done.

#18 4 years ago

wonderful machine. great layout

#19 4 years ago

Never wanted a premium/LE because I hate the hammer. But I am envious of the GI effects and spinners, I must admit. Love my pro to death though.

Yes, I know you can hack the spinners in to a pro. Without proper software support I'm not interested.

#20 4 years ago

I have a Pro....a Refinery Pro. I wonder how many of those are out there. They have to be even more rare then an LE. Mine is #8

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Never wanted a premium/LE because I hate the hammer. But I am envious of the GI effects and spinners, I must admit. Love my pro to death though.

I almost passed on my game because I hated the hammer too. I did get used to it, but I'm much preferring my game now that I have one of my prototypes installed for the hammer, having it smaller makes a huge difference to me.

#22 4 years ago

I pick up mine MOPLE tomorrow, so I went ahead and voted today.

I was one of the people who prepaid for an LE, only to get shafted by the reduced allocations to the distributors. This is two years later, but I am excited to finally be getting one.

#23 4 years ago

I have an LE and it's awesome. I'm more than happy with my purchase and won't be selling it!!!image.jpg

#24 4 years ago

Stern should just sell one complete version of a game, instead of this Pro, Premium, LE model they have going. I can't imagine there is more than around $100-200 difference in parts. When your talking about a game (Pro) that is $4-5k new, another $100-200 isn't going to break a sell.
Stern could probably cut that manufacturing cost down some anyways by only having 1 model to produce instead of 3 versions.

Then again, if it only cost them a couple hundred in parts, and they sell those versions for thousands more, good for them I guess.

#25 4 years ago

I think the "limited" part gets people to buy it before playing , good business . Maybe not for us

#26 4 years ago

I could see the demand for a premium with different artwork. Especially as this title grows in popularity.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Stern should just sell one complete version of a game, instead of this Pro, Premium, LE model they have going. I can't imagine there is more than around $100-200 difference in parts. When your talking about a game (Pro) that is $4-5k new, another $100-200 isn't going to break a sell.
Stern could probably cut that manufacturing cost down some anyways by only having 1 model to produce instead of 3 versions.
Then again, if it only cost them a couple hundred in parts, and they sell those versions for thousands more, good for them I guess.

That will never happen as much as I think we would all like it. Heard from a reliable source that there GM% is very low on the Pro models while most of their profitability is on the Limited Edition models. We all know it, there is a couple of hundred dollars worth of additional cost of products added to the Limited Edition machines marked up $2k more than the price of the pro.

Bottom line the Limited Edition concept is helping keep them afloat.

#28 4 years ago

LE #386, not reflected in the Pinside numbers. Need to update my profile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Jacob, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 64.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Sale Pending!
Fairbank, IA
$ 93.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside