Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Cybergoonie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

joke_frank.jpg
beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif
crazy_eddie.jpg
tumblr_lvhmguqnX31qe37wfo1_400.jpg
45928062.png
image.jpg
DSC00739.JPG
crack-addict.jpg
DSC00760.JPG
DSC00757.JPG
DSC00744.JPG
DSC00713.JPG

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

All reasonable offers will be considered! Thanks!

#52 6 years ago

Laugh and poke fun (as you should). However, you should also be laughing and poking fun at yourselves for somehow justifying spending $2000 more than what the pros truly go for (around $4500) for something that costs very little more than a pro to build, as in the premium. Or worse yet, $3000 more in the case of the LE.

This makes throwing $900 extra dollars away in the case of the OP's post sound much more reasonable.

#53 6 years ago

Pro's priced at this level need a whole new moniker... the Promium .

It sounds catchy and makes you feel less bad for lighting your money on fire. At least the Pinball refinery modded ones in this price range seem worth it.

This one... will still probably sell as there it seems there is always one person out there with more money than brains or patience.

#54 6 years ago

All of this fuss and the OP just meant to list as $4500, not $5400. Right, OP?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Yeah, must have meant to list Avengers Pro at $4500 and not $5400 too...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-avengers-pinball-machine-for-sale-5400

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Laugh and poke fun (as you should). However, you should also be laughing and poking fun at yourselves for somehow justifying spending $2000 more than what the pros truly go for (around $4500) for something that costs very little more than a pro to build, as in the premium. Or worse yet, $3000 more in the case of the LE.
This makes throwing $900 extra dollars away in the case of the OP's post sound much more reasonable.

#58 6 years ago

Rob T- Not true?

Why does what I say sound so ridiculous? I know that a lot of guys on here have a lot of dough and don't think twice about spending $7000 on a pinball machine. That's fine. But it's just ironic that some belly laugh over a pro priced at $900 above what it should be simply because Stern says the price is $4500 or thereabout. And yes, no one should buy that machine. No question about it. It's silly.

I'm only pointing out that it's also silly for someone to spend $2000-$3000 more for the "upgraded" models just because Stern says that that's the price. I do realize that the folly of my argument is that you won't get those upgraded models unless you step up $2000-$3000 more, but it's the pinball buying public willing to do so that has made $7000 the new price for a fully featured machine. Yes, this point has been made before, but I wouldn't be the first person on Pinside to ever belabor a point time and again.

#59 6 years ago

some one pass the astro glide!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Rob T- Not true?

Yes not true. Comparing a pro thats available and still in production and selling for less to an LE with limited run and collect ability is not the same no matter what the dollars are. Its a different beast.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Yes not true. Comparing a pro thats available and still in production and selling for less to an LE with limited run and collect ability is not the same no matter what the dollars are. Its a different beast.

I understand that and you're right. No one in their right mind should pay $5400 for a Metallica Pro. But a Premium is still over $1000 more than the ridiculously priced pro and there is still much less extra value put into the machine than that. That's all.

I love pinball as much as anyone else. The difference is that I support depressing NIB or essentially new pin prices, not pumping them up even more.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Rob T- Not true?
Why does what I say sound so ridiculous? I know that a lot of guys on here have a lot of dough and don't think twice about spending $7000 on a pinball machine. That's fine. But it's just ironic that some belly laugh over a pro priced at $900 above what it should be simply because Stern says the price is $4500 or thereabout. And yes, no one should buy that machine. No question about it. It's silly.
I'm only pointing out that it's also silly for someone to spend $2000-$3000 more for the "upgraded" models just because Stern says that that's the price. I do realize that the folly of my argument is that you won't get those upgraded models unless you step up $2000-$3000 more, but it's the pinball buying public willing to do so that has made $7000 the new price for a fully featured machine. Yes, this point has been made before, but I wouldn't be the first person on Pinside to ever belabor a point time and again.

That's a pretty epically long response to an emoticon, just sayin

#64 6 years ago

I love all the comments from the Canadian crowd. We paid that much, or close to it for ours. Mind you that was NIB but still.

#65 6 years ago

Moving to the marketplace where for sale items. Red to be posted, not all pinball

#66 6 years ago

$3.5K by Christmas!

#67 6 years ago

Yea dude... My buddy sold a 3 week old one with less than 50 plays for $4200 to someone 3 hours away.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Yea dude... My buddy sold a 3 week old one with less than 50 plays for $4200 to someone 3 hours away.

I'm guessing it wasn't "dialed in" like this one though.

#69 6 years ago

uh...a little soon for pinflation ....Talk about pump and dump

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm guessing it wasn't "dialed in" like this one though.

We should chip in on a batch of T shirts

Dialed in = game now epic

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

We should chip in on a batch of T shirts
Dialed in = game now epic

Put a dial caliper on the shirt and ship it. Print money!

#72 6 years ago

LOL just noticed centerflank linked Hardbody and Hollywood Heat to this thread.

#73 6 years ago

45928062.png

#74 6 years ago

hahahahaha

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The only way this price makes sense is if the original pallet comes with it.

with a certificate of authenticity. signed by lars ulrich. with a picture of him pissing on the napster logo.

#76 6 years ago

Guy Le Douche

tumblr_lvhmguqnX31qe37wfo1_400.jpg

#77 6 years ago

One of my all time favorite shows...MXC on Spike......I own all of the DVD's

#78 6 years ago

These Metallica prices are INSANE!!!!

crazy_eddie.jpg

#79 6 years ago

haha. and here i thought this dude was original:

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I seriously thought I was dyslexic for a second. I thought it was $4500 as well...thanks guys you made my lunch a whole lot better. This post is just hilarious...

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I seriously thought I was dyslexic for a second. I thought it was $4500 as well...thanks guys you made my lunch a whole lot better. This post is just hilarious...

i did the same exact thing...i read the whole entire thread and i was scratching my heading trying to figure out what all the fuss was about since the op was asking 4,500.....but he is asking 5400...

now i feel silly

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

i did the same exact thing...i read the whole entire thread and i was scratching my heading trying to figure out what all the fuss was about since the op was asking 4,500.....but he is asking 5400...
now i feel silly

You should feel silly.....

#83 6 years ago

Maybe the OP is dyslexic and can't figure out why he is taking such a beating?

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from jyfly:

Maybe the OP is dyslexic and can't figure out why he is taking such a beating?

Or maybe the OP could care less and realizes we here at Pinside love to beat a dead horse! I need a gif please

#85 6 years ago

the greediest pig is the first to be slaughtered, right teekee?

#86 6 years ago

beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from vex:

the greediest pig is the first to be slaughtered, right teekee?

sure...

and thanks for the gif Ted!

#88 6 years ago

joke_frank.jpg

#89 6 years ago

Can I send you a Cashier's Check for $7,000, drawn on a Nigerian Bank, and then you just refund me the difference in cash upon pickup?

#90 6 years ago

HAHAHA. This kills me. Classic.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside