(Topic ID: 81497)

Metallica Pinball Code. Vote to choose the next 2 songs.

By Av8

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cb544bbec3bc7573ca497ddc147b8e07.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Got this off Stern Facebook. Deserves it's own thread. The other one is over 3k posts.

http://pinballvote.Metallica.com

VOTE for the next 2 songs!

So which 2 songs should they add? Damage Inc. and ??? Click link and add email. Then check your spam folder. I found the return email there.

Code is close. Metallica has so much potential. For those on the fence you better go buy one now before the price goes up. No bs. Think Spider-Man. Tron.

Rock and pinball. Like peanut but and jelly.

#2 10 years ago

Can the price really go up that much even if there are considerable improvements?

And has damage inc already been selected as well?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Code is close. Metallica has so much potential. For those on the fence you better go buy one now before the price goes up. No bs. Think Spider-Man. Tron.

In general when someone says "No bs" I start to smell a large load of bs. This reads like how a used car salesman talks...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Spartanmcdoodle:

Can the price really go up that much even if there are considerable improvements?

If Lyman's track record is an indication (Spidey, AC/DC, Tron) - the LE values could spike. Pros & Premiums are still in production, so those should remain steady - you'll probably see less used ones up for sale now.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

In general when someone says "No bs" I start to smell a large load of bs. This reads like how a used car salesman talks...

We'll know in a couple weeks ...it's official now, no more speculation.

#7 10 years ago

You can get a Met Pro for $4500 shipped, so there's just no way Pro used values are going up. Maybe you won't see the $3800 firesales for a bit, but who's going to buy a used machine for close to what you can get a mint NIB machine with warranty etc?

Anyways, that's not really the interesting question, which is will Stern see a surge in NIB sales after releasing the code? Because wallets speak louder than forum threads.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If Lyman's track record is an indication (Spidey, AC/DC, Tron) - the LE values could spike. Pros & Premiums are still in production, so those should remain steady - you'll probably see less used ones up for sale now.

Quoted from Rarehero:

We'll know in a couple weeks ...it's official now, no more speculation.

I agree, LEs might increase in value if the update is a killer, and it should be, it has taken long enough. As you say, Pros and Premiums will remain steady as they are in production. For me, the certainty/hype in the OP's post is unreasonable. Anyone who wants a Metallica will still be able to get one. No need to run for the wallet.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can get a Met Pro for $4500 shipped, so there's just no way Pro used values are going up. Maybe you won't see the $3800 firesales for a bit, but who's going to buy a used machine for close to what you can get a mint NIB machine with warranty etc?
Anyways, that's not really the interesting question, which is will Stern see a surge in NIB sales after releasing the code? Because wallets speak louder than forum threads.

They definitely will. It happened with pretty much every game Lyman dropped a big update for. Spidey was thought to be out of production...bam - new Spideys. Same with BDK. Same with AC/DC.

As for buying a used game vs. a new one - there is something to be said for SEEING the game you're buying vs. NIB. True, I'm a NIB buyer - but there's always the "cringe and hope nothing's F'd up" factor when opening the box. If someone has as super nice HUO game, even if it's just a few hundred less than new - if it's in perfect condition, why not get that instead of new?

#10 10 years ago

Lyman will be in the uk on April 19-20
Hmmmmmm sadly I'm not going to south coast slam to far and on Easter weekend = long journey and heavy traffic.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As for buying a used game vs. a new one - there is something to be said for SEEING the game you're buying vs. NIB. True, I'm a NIB buyer - but there's always the "cringe and hope nothing's F'd up" factor when opening the box. If someone has as super nice HUO game, even if it's just a few hundred less than new - if it's in perfect condition, why not get that instead of new?

For me it would come down to shipping. Generally newer games (or any decent games) are a rarity locally. I'd rather have a new one shipped from the factory and eat a few hundred rather than have a used one shipped. All comes down to personal preference I guess.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

For me it would come down to shipping. Generally newer games (or any decent games) are a rarity locally. I'd rather have a new one shipped from the factory and eat a few hundred rather than have a used one shipped. All comes down to personal preference I guess.

Oh yeah - in that case...it's a crapshoot either way to some extent. My example was for local deals.

#13 10 years ago

I'm talking used Met games in general.

All though, Stern keeps increasing prices too.

The Dirty Donne art kicks most other new Sterns butt.

cb544bbec3bc7573ca497ddc147b8e07.jpgcb544bbec3bc7573ca497ddc147b8e07.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If someone has as super nice HUO game, even if it's just a few hundred less than new - if it's in perfect condition, why not get that instead of new?

Few hundred less = $4200, which before people got code frustrated was pretty normal price I think, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to se that. If someone offered me a nice game locally for $4200 vs the hassle of dealing with the shipping, uncertainty etc, I'd probably take it. But more than that? Nope.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Few hundred less = $4200, which before people got code frustrated was pretty normal price I think, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to se that. If someone offered me a nice game locally for $4200 vs the hassle of dealing with the shipping, uncertainty etc, I'd probably take it. But more than that? Nope.

If the game is local, only has a couple hundred plays, looks new still, and I know it plays well.... I'll take that over a nib for the same price. No waiting, no shipping, no unknowns on its game play. Every game plays slightly different. My second acdc is way more fun than my first.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If the game is local, only has a couple hundred plays, looks new still, and I know it plays well.... I'll take that over a nib for the same price. No waiting, no shipping, no unknowns on its game play.

I hear that, but I personally won't pay NIB price for a game someone else has opened. Not when they're still available. The market tends to agree with me, so I don't think it's really a big concern, code or no code. Frankly if there were going to be a bunch for sale around me it would have already happened though.

#17 10 years ago

If someone has as super nice HUO game, even if it's just a few hundred less than new - if it's in perfect condition, why not get that instead of new?

Because NIB smells soooooo good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
7,600 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pinball-code-vote-to-choose-the-next-2-songs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.