Metallica performs all week on Craig Furguson

By vid1900

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

If your kids and GF don't know who Metallica is, they are playing all this week on The Late Late Show.

They are playing their greatest hits as a farewell to Furguson.

For Whom the Bell Tolls:

#t=126

#2 9 years ago

Hit The Lights:

#3 9 years ago

Lars Ulrich's hair line says all about how long these guys have been around, still they rock like it was still the last millennium. Head banging sweetness!

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for letting us know and for posting the vids!

#5 9 years ago

If your kids don't know who Metallica is, you've failed as a parent. If your girlfriend doesn't know who Metallica is, that is grounds for an immediate breakup.

#6 9 years ago

Sweet, thanks for the vids.
Did a search found the full interview at:

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

If your girlfriend doesn't know who Metallica is, that is grounds for an immediate breakup.

Assuming your GF is not 45 years old, how would she know?

Young women don't generally listen to dinosaur rock stations, so unless they work at a strip bar, they will only know the name Metallica from their grandfather's T-shirts.

#8 9 years ago

Early Metallica is just the best. Thanks for the vids.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Sweet, thanks for the vids.
Did a search found the full interview at: » YouTube video

Nice find.

Lars crosses his legs like a girl.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Young women don't generally listen to dinosaur rock stations, so unless they work at a strip bar, they will only know the name Metallica from their grandfather's T-shirts.

I disagree. Even though Metallica has been around now for a long time, they still are one of the best active Hard Rock/Metal bands out there!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

I disagree. Even though Metallica has been around now for a long time, they still are one of the best active Hard Rock/Metal bands out there!

Great band, but I just asked my very attractive waitress (27 years old) to name a Metallica song.

She couldn't.

She's laughing and trying to keep me from hitting Send Post....lol

#12 9 years ago

My oldest daughter who is 22, went and saw them in DC for the Concert for Valor last week.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

My oldest daughter who is 22, went and saw them in DC for the Concert for Valor last week.

Sure, all the strippers in DC did.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sure, all the strippers in DC did.

J/k

#15 9 years ago

That's just mean!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

That's just mean!

That's exactly what my waitress said !

#17 9 years ago

Cool stuff vid, makes me want a Met pin Bad

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Cool stuff vid, makes me want a Met pin Bad

If you can ignore the terrible call outs, it's one hell of a great game.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

"Jaaaaack Fuckin' potttt" is a great call out though .

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They've kinda grown on me, I find their terrible-ness somewhat endearing now. Helps that the game is great.

#21 9 years ago

Sure my kid knows who Metallica is. Just like my old man turned me on to Benny Goodman. So they are doing a greatest hits gig?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So they are doing a greatest hits gig?

They are the house band for a week.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They are the house band for a week.

That's cool! I wasn't really sure if they were still a band performing. I guess when you get to a certain point as a rock star, it's either play the songs that made you famous wherever you can or just fade away...

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's cool! I wasn't really sure if they were still a band performing. I guess when you get to a certain point as a rock star, it's either play the songs that made you famous wherever you can or just fade away...

They had Death Magnetic about 7 years ago that was kinda OK, but they really have not had any great albums since Master of Puppets.

#25 9 years ago

That's what I figured. Last time I saw them was the And Justice for All tour. As far as albums were concerned it was not as good as their prior efforts but way better than the next one. Still a hell of a show.

Edit- I did see them the next time around too. Somehow I forgot about that one.

#26 9 years ago

Agreed vid ..but I'm a big fan of what they can do and will still have interest and likes of what they have done after master and will in thief future stuff.
Thank you for sharing info

#27 9 years ago

My kids know who Metallica is. It was the first concert they ever went to. My boy was 11 and my daughter was 13 at the time. Bonus: We all rode our bikes to the concert!

Before anyone asks if I took them into the mosh pit too, I should probably mention that the 'concert' was a free show they put on in the parking lot of a nearby Tower Records. No mosh pit. My son was fascinated. He wanted to get closer to the stage (the bed of a flatbed big rig). So we left my daughter and the bikes with some friends we met up with there and headed for the stage. As we got closer, the music got louder (obviously) and we started seeing shopping carts being passed over our heads (towards the stage). My son had seen and heard enough (vertically challenged, only 11), so we headed back to the bikes and watched the rest of the show from there. When we got home, I had the kids call my ex wife and tell her that we just got back from a killer Metallica concert. Cool dads take their kids to Metallica concerts.

#28 9 years ago

Have not seen Metallica yet out of all the rock bands I have seen. Looks like they have not done many world tours over the last several years like other bands. I think they were last in Arizona in 2008 or 09. Always liked Craig F. And still debating about Metallica if need to put on checklist to see live as have nothing against them but not a huge fan, maybe James vocals bug me. I did see Craig F. On stand up comedy tour but was not as funny as watching his TV show. Will be sad to see him go.

#29 9 years ago

friggin rights! love that kine! TWC

#30 9 years ago

They finished the week with a super slow Sad But True.

I was hoping for a rocking Green Hell or Battery.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

da f----...

My wife and I both in our early 30's and we knew Metallica in middle school... Think you're a little off on your timeframe there..

All I can say is it's not my fault my wife is the coolest chick on the planet. Getting Metallica pin was more her idea than mine.. I mean, I liked the gameplay but I was never really a fan of the music all that much, and I don't really care to support them after their Napster crybaby peepants thing. Game is awesome. Music fits, and the callouts are perfect to me. I can't really improve what I have, short of having spent 2000 bucks more on additional stuff that doesn't change the game that much IMO. =\

#32 9 years ago

I wonder at what point did CBS tell Craig that he he'd have to pronounce his name as CREGG.

"Ahhhh Craig, ummmm we think it'd be best if we totally mispronounce your given name Craaaaig and call you CREGG. Because it is the totally logical way to pronounce Craaaaaig ... CREGG. like Greg. But CREGG. Just obvious. Oh, we won't pay you unless we can so there. Oh, by the way tell your mate who's in the James Bond movies we are calling him Daniel CREGG too. So there."

rd.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

My wife and I both in our early 30's and we knew Metallica in middle school... Think you're a little off on your timeframe there..

Sure a 35 year old broad will probably know a bunch of Metallica songs (and it sounds like you have a cool wife for sure).

But all the young girls are listening to Taylor Swift, Machine Gun Kelly, Ariana Grande, Dubstep......kids don't want their parents or grandparents music, they want something that they believe is their own.

Obviously Metal is 25 years past it's prime, but a few cool kids are listening to Behemoth.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Have not seen Metallica yet out of all the rock bands I have seen. Looks like they have not done many world tours over the last several years like other bands. ...

To the contrary, Metallica just set a world record for touring:

"Guinness World Records recently awarded the group with a plaque for being the first and only band to tour all seven continents, an achievement they ticked off last year when they played a gig in Antarctica, in addition to ones in the world's more populated land masses..."

"Seven continents in one year with Antarctica being the gig of a lifetime...." James Hetfield said in a statement. "Yes, 120 scientists and competition winners. Not to mention the 300 very curious penguins!""
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/wherever-they-may-roam-metallica-set-guinness-world-record-for-touring-20140904
http://www.metallica.com/news/20140903-629358.asp

This link has the full concert video of the Antarctica concert:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2014/9/metallica-rock-their-way-into-guinness-world-records-2015-edition-60030/

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

To the contrary, Metallica just set a world record for touring:
"Guinness World Records recently awarded the group with a plaque for being the first and only band to tour all seven continents, an achievement they ticked off last year when they played a gig in Antarctica, in addition to ones in the world's more populated land masses..."
"Seven continents in one year with Antarctica being the gig of a lifetime...." James Hetfield said in a statement. "Yes, 120 scientists and competition winners. Not to mention the 300 very curious penguins!""
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/wherever-they-may-roam-metallica-set-guinness-world-record-for-touring-20140904
http://www.Metallica.com/news/20140903-629358.asp
This link has the full concert video of the Antarctica concert:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2014/9/metallica-rock-their-way-into-guinness-world-records-2015-edition-60030/

Yes I know but have not been in the many of the states (just few here and there) much from what I can see, I think Maiden has been here more over the years despite there short set lists.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-performs-all-week-on-craig-furguson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.