You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Behind your decision to buy Metallica:”

• I love the band's music and I love the Pin's game play 46 votes
    48%
  • The band's music is okay, but I love the Pin's game play 37 votes
    39%
  • Really don't like the band at all, but the pin plays so well that I bought it. 9 votes
    9%
  • Can't stand Metallic, but the Love the Game... and the music hasn't been an issue. 4 votes
    4%

(96 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Curious to see how this poll sizes up with MET owners.

#2 6 years ago

Had mine for about a year now. Still lovin it!!

#3 6 years ago

Should have choice of...Love the band, saw the layout of the game and choice of music was all older so Ordered it up!! Wanted LE, but since #s got cut couldn't get one so went with Premium Road Case...

Not my choice, but it was hubby's birthday present so he voted! chose #1 since that was the closest...

Phoebe

#4 6 years ago

Just getting a feel for why people go for this one.

#5 6 years ago

I have never liked Metallica, but the pin is so great that I could see past it. To be honest, I have now found myself liking their music more and more. It is a great pin whether you like Metallica or not IMHO.

#6 6 years ago

Awesome game. I would probably love it even more if there were no songs after ...and Justice for All on it.

#7 6 years ago

I never cared for Metallica and have always been a fan of AC/DC but after playing both machines I prefer Metallica by far.

#8 6 years ago

Just voted. Can't say I LOVE Metallica, but I do like their music-just not a huge fan that's all. I just enjoy the game. The music is adrenaline pumping for sure. I only have the Pro and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. Installing a sub-woofer and a shaker motor is a must!

#9 6 years ago

I love my Rock music, but Metallica is a little to hard for me but love the pin.

#10 6 years ago

The music is ok but I couldn't listen to it all the time but I really love my Refinery Pro. Such a fun pin to play, all my pin friends like it too but they haven't seen the new eq topper yet.

#11 6 years ago

I grew up with there old stuff from early 80's "garage days", not really into the new stuff. Wife loves Metallica, I'am a fan of hand drawn art, and ramps in pinball so it made sense to make it our first NIB, first Stern. I got Pinball Refinery's "purple monster premium" and couldn't be happier. The premiums are hurting for better armor, so it had to get done. Its my only pin, but it does not get boring. I have had mine since July 1st. Shaker is a must for the premium, when that hammer comes down, my home rumbles! Just simply BADASS!! \m/ \m/ Hell Yeah...

#12 6 years ago

I am not an owner but thinking about buying one... I dig the music, I dig the gameplay (not my absolue favorite music or playfield, but good enough that I will pick it up... someday).

Not sure what to bump out of my collection right now though, I'll keep playing what I have until I feel the itch I guess.

#13 6 years ago

Can't take Metallica, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, but the Pinball machine, with the great custom artwork,
and awesome rules, and Sparky being the #1 Interactive Toy in pinball is a home-run,...I only pick the slow songs, but am getting ready to
change every song out to Led Zepplin, so it will be totally awesome all around.

#14 6 years ago

Best Pin that i ever owned ! So much fun i love the snake jaw features and love the Hemmer smashing balls into the Playfield...Since the Stern Fix it as been a Perfect Toy,inline drop target is awesome.

AND...SparkY the Best lOoKing toy in Pinball history

#15 6 years ago

TallicA is The Best Stern ever Super Art Super toys and Super Codes.

#16 6 years ago

Here's the song that is going to play when I get Sparky Multi-Ball......Never HeArD a better 4 ChIcK bAnd, and gOOd - LooKin++...TuRn uP yOur sPeaKers..

#17 6 years ago

When I was in the market for my 1st pin, I did not even consider the Metallica pin (even though I am a fan of the bands music) or any music based pin. Then by chance one showed up in my area and I got to play it. I was amazed how fun it was to play and had to have it.
>Sparky toy and light show is entertaining
>Metal ramps are a nice touch and flow good
>Custom artwork
>Call outs by the band members
>DMD graphics are as good as you can get with a single color red DMD
>The current software code is top notch
>and if your a fan of the band, the music!

#18 6 years ago

I should have put one more option on the poll:

Bought the pin and liked the game, but couldn't stand the music...sold it

#19 6 years ago

I can pretty much guarantee that it is the best that a band will ever be in a music based pin to me, although they definitely aren't my favorite. The gameplay though and speed blew me away. After a few games, it grew on me, and I knew I wanted to own one.

#20 6 years ago

I really like their music, but really LOVE the pin! Just a complete package.

METLE #165

#21 6 years ago

Didn't think any thing from Stern could top my ACDC Premium until my Met Premium arrived; and wow- did it blow me away. Awesome flow, solid code, fun & interactive toys, impressive lighting and soooo much fun to play. It will never leave the collection and it has become my favorite all-time game...well, at least for the time being. There's a number of new titles coming which may give it a run for it's money (TWD LE, Hobbit & The Big Lebowski to name a few). Regardless, even if you're not a big fan of the the band, Met is simply an amazing pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 35.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside