51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 10 years ago

Did you put LEDs in above the snake and mystery scoop or are those stock? Are the pop bumpers LEDs?

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Does anyone know if the Premium models will ship with 1.06 already installed?

There will likely be a few code revisions between now and then.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Can someone go into the flash lamp test mode, and tell me if they see anything for #20 (snake flasher)? This is shown as an LED on page 13 in the manual, but the LED doesn't come on during this test. I just wondered if my game was missing a #89 flasher.

Just to rule the silly thing out, you have the coin door shut while you're testing this, right?

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

Guys sorry if this has been aswered before....
It seems that the sound system that stern suplies with the Metallica pins is not of best quality
I have decided to upgrade it, after checking the forums I think I prefer an internal solution, and I´m considering two options:
Flipper Fidelity Option: http://www.flipperfidelity.com/products.php?cat=Stern%20Speaker%20Systems&itemId=94
Pinball Pro Option: http://pinballpro.net/shop/new-stern-complete-speaker-kit-w-12-subwoofer/
Main difference is that Flipper Fidelity is a 8" sub and Pinball Pro is a 12" so here comes the questions
Will my metallica LE support a 12" sub, since stock one is an 8"?
If answer is "yes" from those two options above wich one would you recommend?
Many thanks guys.

Pretty sure pinball pro sells a kit with an 8 inch sub.

Beyond that its all personal preference.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

OK, mystery solved. It's not actually a "flasher" at all. It's a 20V LED in a 555 socket. They had installed a 555, and of course that was blown. I like easy/cheap problems!

Wow, can you even buy a replacement for that outside of Stern?

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I tried a normal 555 LED I had laying around, and it seems to work. But it's way too blue, so I'd rather have the right one.

It will be interesting to see if your 555 led burns out pretty fast. Please let us know.

#235 10 years ago

Any new code coming this week?

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

It's a simple modification, took about 5 mins.

Damn I just bought a cliffy for met at PAGG. Got a pic of the modification required?

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[EDITED] I just figured out how hurry ups work! And this may answer Wotto's question.
Shooting any major shot lights the red spider insert for that shot. Think of that as the "selector";
it indicates where the next "award" will go:
* Shoot Sparky to award knife switch insert for selected shot
* Shoot Graveyard to award cross insert for selected shot
* Shoot Snake to award snake insert for 3 shots (configurable),
or 2 shots if only 2 remain.
Once the knife switch, cross and snake are all lit, that shot is will start the hurry up - even if the spider insert is no longer lit because you shot something else. When your ball drains, all inserts will go out.
There's a catch to this: shooting the Graveyard will also select the Graveyard shot (light its spider).
I LOVE the way this works. While you're playing, you're building up inserts for hurry ups. This rewards long balls and gives you another reason to shoot Graveyard, Sparky and Snake. This also creates an interesting strategy: build up hurry-up qualified shots, and then start MB when you have more than one.
I have a feeling that "Seek and Destroy" may have something to do with all of this too, once it's implemented. Or maybe it already is?

I'm a little confused by this, and I never got into AFM much, so bear with me.

I shoot the right ramp, which lights the red spider arrow for that ramp. Then I shoot Sparky, which gives me the switch insert for the right ramp. Then I shoot the left ramp - does this qualify that shot for an additional hurry up? What happens to future shots on the snake or the tomb stone? (Do they apply to hurry up shots in the order that the red inserts were identified?) Can you progress toward multiple hurry ups at once (aside from the snake) or do you need to hit the shot that you want to progress toward first?

I'm also wondering if the red spider shots are likely to be the color changing inserts.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Select a shot by shooting it. AVOID other shots if you want that shot to remain selected. Collect these inserts to qualify that shot to start hurry-up:
Sparky: switch
Graveyard: cross
You can start multiple hurry-ups, and it will add their scores (e.g. 3M for 2). Can't wait to see what happens when we stack 5! Though that's pretty much impossible for me without "Carry Over Features Ball to Ball".

Ahhhh makes sense now, and sounds awesome. Cant wait to see the and modes / end of the line.

#291 10 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the modification needed to get a cliffy shooter lane protector to fit?

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Maybe a nice spongy soft rubber or pad on the post would help it absorb the power, and help it drop to the pops...

I don't think that you could add this and still have the post able to drop down into the playfield.

Maybe it should only divert to the pops from right orbit shots, although I do like the idea of using an avengers like code solution.

#351 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well if you go to Sterns website, http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx They are all labeled Metallica, and then the version.. Metallica is first. Anyway, I am bored too, so call it what you want.
I just want to make sure I get called as soon as my Metallica Master of Puppets Limited Edition, serial # 219 shows up!

You got your number confirmed already?

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

\
Yea, I have #219 and my buddy has #220
And remember, in life, SOMEONE is always going to be offended, thats life and people just gotta deal.

Did you pay for those #s?

1 year later
#2382 9 years ago

I hope the code has better integration of the band member mode and seek and destroy compared to the rest of the game. Fuel works perfectly as a setup mode, but destroying pistons has always felt a little wonky to me. Also, meaningful spinner functionality outside of fade to black would be nice.

1 week later
#2431 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, Joe at Laseriffic, I just asked him if he could make the Metallica set in a different color and he did.

Are these on his site? I can't find them.

2 months later
#3682 8 years ago

If there was one more update what would you guys like to see?

For me seek and destroy should be tweaked so that it doesn't hinder crank it up qualifying progress.

I also wish that they'd implement the original vision for unique modes for each band member. This is a big ask though.

The spinners seem under utilized as does blowing up Pistons.

1 month later
#3997 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a sparky airball protector? Pinbits is out of stock and not answering the phone or email...

1 year later
#8981 7 years ago

I wonder if it would be possible to mod a met to use newer style magnets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=zucot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.