IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12088 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Wow. I never knew Stern would replace a playfield that is fully populated. Is this normal practice when there is a problem? I always thought if they sent a playfield it was unpopulated. I have no issues on mine, just curious.

They are sending my new populated playfield Monday and will have it Wednesday. It sure would have been nice to have it over thanksgiving break.

#12091 6 years ago

The Matt McKee met topper is awesome if you can find one. I got the last one a couple years ago.

#12112 6 years ago

Just dropped my new playfield in and put back on my mods. Holy crap, Stern hooked me up. This playfield is beautiful and plays so much better than my original. Dialed in perfect. Was thinking about selling but changed my mind. Keeping for a bit longer.

1 week later
#12212 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just installed the spinners from hooked and added the total light show spinner sound board. Wow - what a great mod. Along with the total light show it's a huge difference but I'm also a premium owner previously. Really missed the little things and this really hits home. What a mod.

How difficult was the spinner mod to install?

2 weeks later
#12267 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Ho, ho, ho... here's a holiday freebie.
I wasn't happy with the uneven lighting of the four lights (cross, electric chair switch, coffin, and snake) down by the flippers. So I designed a light holder for all four lights that centers them on their inserts so you get even illumination.

I left off the holes on the mounting tabs because it appears that Stern was not very precise/consistent about where they screwed in the 4 light mounts. So I leave it up to you to drill the bracket where you want them. I was able to use one of the existing screw holes on my playfield (and carefully tapped a new hole for the other side). Also, to make printing easier, the mounting tabs are thicker than the originals, so you'll have to use screws that are ~1/4" longer.
Just remove the four old light mounts that are haphazardly screwed in, and replace with the new one-piece holder. Clip your lights in and you're done.
Here's a pic of the old mounts and the new printed replacement:

You can download the STL file from my site if you'd like to print your own: http://scoresaves.com/pinball/Met_4-lights.7z
I've printed up an extra one. First person to reply here can have it for free. I pay shipping.

I will take.it

3 years later
#18017 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I was just browsing PBL, and noticed they have a Monsters translite for $60 if anyone's interested. There's a minor imperfection on it apparently.
https://www.pinballlife.com/seconds-metallica-premium-monsters-translite.html

This is the translight I have on mine. What is the monsters version? just a different translight?

#18025 3 years ago

I picked up a premium after 2 years of not having a MET in my collection. I forgot how good this game is and really liking the premium upgrades from the pro.

#18027 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I joined the club (again) about two months ago! Forgot to post. Back in with an ultra sweet Promium that gorillabiscuits used to own and upgraded the hell out of. Has every Prem feature pretty much other than the hammer.
Monsters translite signed by Borg, custom Sparky painted by Dirty Donny, total light show, custom apron, color DMD, spinners, interactive speaker panel, shaker, etched armor, etc.
Also has a very cool snake bony / anatomy ramp mod that I’ve only seen once or twice before.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

damn, I like that boney snake thingy.

#18031 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

missing an important piece tho !
*blue baxkbox lights are no longer there!*
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

so who did this snake boney snake mod?? I want one

1 week later
#18049 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya gb was crazy. Kiss topper just sold on ebay for 2600!

I was over at a friends shop today and he had a stack of stern toppers in stock. Kiss, black knight, star wars and more. I think I counted 5 black knight toppers. I thought about robbing him and making a fortune on ebay.

#18050 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm thinking about leaving the club. I have a heavily modded original owner HUO wood backbox Pro. It has Color DMD, shaker, Total Light Show, Pinwoofer sound system, spinners, LEDs, external volume control, Pinnovators headphone kit, mirror blades, titan rings, skull flipper protectors and a bunch of other little things. I think I may make out better if I pulled the Color DMD, Pinwoofer and Total light show and sold those separately. That's well over a grand in mods right there. What would you guys value it in today's market?

Might be interested in total light show if you sell it separately

#18070 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Joined the club today with a prem. Time to read all 362 pages.

enjoy. I had to bring one back to the collection it is so good.

3 weeks later
#18230 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My right side decal on the back box has been peeling away for some time now. I already received replacement decals but just wondering how they get applied. Do I just remove the old decal, clean the surface, then peel and apply the new decal?

I had a MET do this. clean surface and you can actually put them on with the wet method. spray it down with windex and put the decal on, get it placed corre cttly and squeeqy out the windex. Done. I put all my decals on with windex.

2 months later
#18527 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:Not the power blades, I have those already. I meant these lightening rails.
[quoted image]

Steve did those but not sure he makes them anymore. If he does I might be interested in a set.

1 week later
#18588 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Gotg is the exact same layout. Shot geometry is no different than MET

same layout but MET does it so much better. The inline drops are the shiz

#18614 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here are some pics I just took of mine. Does anyone have a snake that still has both of its factory fangs? There weren’t many made, and I bet they’re all snaggle-toothed like mine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I never knew they did factory fangs on the snake. Must have been very few done that way.

1 week later
#18701 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thought I'd share my progress on the custom Met plastic protectors...
Question for those interested, what is the preferred color? I was thinking purple, but have seen/heard others say orange/fluorescent green/etc. I will need to settle on a single color for these though (transparent of course). They create such a funky shape that I won't be able to lay them out efficiently and will eat up a quite a chunk of material.
Also, huge shout out to finnflash for helping me in this process.
They will still need some stabilizing pieces added, such as on the "C", but you get the idea.
Hope y'all like them!
[quoted image]

These things are sweet.

2 years later
#21256 5 months ago

I love it, sold my premium for major profit to the COVID rookie idiots. Bring it on baby......Best Stern ever made

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.