Topic Stats

• 16,949 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 minutes ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,880 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
443B3BD0-D20F-43ED-99FD-399687AEC9EC (resized).jpeg
396E8D10-4B48-4BD2-A390-8A60353B8740 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9556.JPG
IMG_9555.JPG
IMG_9559.JPG
944ED964-8F82-404F-A095-CAB0DCD9383D (resized).jpeg
7FA19559-CBD0-4C75-857C-09E37563B632 (resized).jpeg
20191127_173238 (resized).jpg
IMG_4838 (resized).JPG
20191102_232801 (resized).jpg
B37D4A93-7389-4E67-89C1-E0CA273E05D7 (resized).jpeg
867D6ECA-1374-4625-8C81-8D285482D93F (resized).jpeg
9AD0BED3-F233-40F4-946D-148F96BA06F9 (resized).jpeg
2E26B847-FAFD-43C3-AB6B-9C6A6468FDC3 (resized).jpeg
21D28BDA-F70F-4819-A77F-6F29E95BA5C6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody6092.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14545 1 year ago

Probably not the thread to post this even though I've looked everywhere - and this seems to be the most active Met thread. The opto on the electric chair is not working; I've got to hit dead center on the target to a get a register. The following two things can trigger a register or Sparky multiball, other than the center target:

1. When it’s time to trigger Sparky; it starts up occasionally while in the bumper area or the Snake scoop.
2. On several occasions, it either registers a hit or starts multiball when I hit the Snake scoop.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Any other information I can provide bc I’m beyond stumped? And thank you!

IMG_1235 (resized).JPGIMG_1237 (resized).JPG
#14552 1 year ago

robf snakesnsparklers msj2222 thanks so much for the feedback. I’ve checked everything you’ll suggested and still nothing I checked all the wiring, cleaned off the lens on both optos and check all connections. Still nothing

I noticed the L2 light on the main board is on but I guess it does that all the time? It’s head scratcher for a novice.

I’m going to switch out the optos on the electric chair and the grave marker when I have more time to see what that does.

36B70692-4FC6-4257-9AC6-555547C0B51C (resized).jpeg3D24EF96-8F6D-4B40-9401-6C74F9F8AFBF (resized).jpegF53315E0-9B01-4160-9FE7-1C806BCFCEF7 (resized).jpeg
#14631 1 year ago
Quoted from drained:

Just joined the MET club this weekend.. So pumped. I have many questions coming but for now I am gonna flip.[quoted image]

And where did you get the upper playfield green plastic protectors (grave, Sparky and the Fuel lane)? That's a beautiful machine.

3 weeks later
#14921 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Does anyone know if i can still get these cross 'insert liners' for a Premium?
I had them on my Pro, and would like to fit them on a Premium (i think it's a slightly different fit).
Messaged the seller damageinc55 but no reply in a few days and the shop link isn't working anymore...
They are/were brilliant - highly recommended.

I ordered this for my Pro on Ebay. Didn't hear anything for a few days then finally had to send a message. He apologized and refunded my money and was sending the inserts for free but never did. If you have better luck, post on here; it's an annoying look to see the cross light up like a square box.

"New message from: damageinc55 (455Turquoise Star)
Hey, I'm canceling the order and sending a refund for the late shipment. I'll still drop the item in the mail however, so this one is a freebie.

Have a good one."

#14925 1 year ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing on these. Work/School/Kids and a few other things have gotten in the way. I was finding myself unable to get them out in a timely manner.
1. Woody, please send my your mailing address again.
2. I'll have these up in the market section by the end of the week. I have a bunch made up, but want to pre-pack them so I don't run into issues getting them out on time.
3. If you have access to a 3d printer, let me know. Happy to send my files over.

damageinc55 please send me a paypal (ousooners2@yahoo.com) request/invoice; I'll pay for them. Not looking for freebies. Or send me the info, etc. in PM here on pinside. Thanks for the update and clarification.

2 weeks later
#15226 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Hey all, i'm having issues i believe with my sparky/grave opto transmitter board. Even after re-seating the main connector. Randomly it will award hits on both sparky and grave shots, even in switch test mode. I disconnected the 5 pin power I/O connector and the problem goes away. The board is cheap, but are there any common repairable failures on the board? Dosen't seem like a cold solder joint as nothings get activated when I wiggle any connectors, components or wires.[quoted image]

Hey @pinballdork, I've had the exact same issue. Random sparky hits when you hit fuel, the snake or even the ramps. Have to hit the center target to get a true register. I have no alerts but the switch test shows the Opto on the screen and I've taken both optos out at Sparky and doesn't register anything. Does your opto transmitter board have a red light (L2) that stays on? IDK if that has anything to do with it; annoying issue to have.

#15246 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would replace the opto(s) that are registering. I have seen some weird behavior when they go. My Sparky started randomly triggering. In switch test I found that it would trigger any time I touched the left ramp with my finger. I figured it was shorting somewhere, so I checked everywhere and even went as far as insulating the entire wire with electrical tape, yet it still did it. Finally gave up and ordered a new one, and that fixed it right up. That was a weird one though.
Such a great game, and now that EOTL is obtainable by mortals it is really over the top.
*Last time my head was welded to the friggin helmet!*

This is pretty much what mine does...I get no register from the optos at Sparky but the center target is good. Then, random sparky hits at the Snake, Fuel, the right ramp and sometimes the bumpers. So you suggest just replace the receiver opto(s) for either? The grave works like a charm.

1 week later
#15387 11 months ago

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

The video is pretty short but essentially the opto on the right of Sparky is not working. When you apply finger pressure to the back of the opto the switch alert goes away and registers. Once you release it comes back. Would it be the soldering on the back? It seems to be the area that’s circled on the picture

93439271-B41F-4EE4-9B25-EBDA173ED1EB (resized).jpeg
#15391 11 months ago

who-dey, vireland, and lotr_breath thanks so much for the feedback. I was really hoping to find a quick fix just so I could gather more knowledge about fixing pin items. I'm ordering 4 just for good measures. Have a Happy New Year!

1 week later
#15461 11 months ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

I have some questions for the MET Pro owners who have installed a playfield protector:
- How easy was it to install, and were there any mech or switch adjustments required to account for the thicker surface?
- Does it interfere with Cliffys that are already on the game, and does it eliminate the need for certain Cliffys?
- Would a playfield protector help visually eliminate the ribbed surface that is apparently commonplace with the newer Stern Pro playfields?
Thanks!

Speaking from my own experience, the grave marker protector was a bear to get on because of the cross; the Cliffy's I have didn't cause any issues; I can't answer the last one, we keep our playfield cleaned and waxed regularly and change out pinballs as well. We take care of it better than our cars.

2 weeks later
#15528 10 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So...
Last year my wife gave me the birthday present of all birthday presents. Hardwired experience at the Birmingham Metallica show. I waited all year long, and finally went this past Tuesday night! It was awesome.
Before the show, my wife and I went backstage with the band. Hung out with the band, they were all relaxed and cool to hang. I brought 2 pinball translites (including a Monsters, which I received already signed by DD), which they were happy to sign and actually rather stoked because they like to talk pinball! James says he has a MET pin at the house. He says folks that come by and his kids love to play it. Seemed to me that Kirk was the biggest Pinhead. He listed off four or five pinballs that he had in this current collection. My head was spinning, so all I can remember was that he had an Addams Family in the mix...hahaha. And then I went front row for the show... just an absolutely awesome experience. About two songs in, a guy came by and gave me a signed setlist for the night's show.
My head is still spinning about the whole experience. Also before the show, they had a room with all sorts of memorabilia. This also included some old scrap papers they had scribbled on when they were creating some of the songs we all remember. I was blown away....
Thought I would share some pictures from the night.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would've absolutely passed out cold with that experience! Man, that is so cool, glad you got to experience that. My kids and I saw them in Tulsa last Friday and my 11-year old said "Uh, I want to see them again!"

2 weeks later
#15692 10 months ago
Quoted from Bcarr:

Finally got a decent score on this machine! Still not as good as many I see in here but it’s a start. This game gets better every time I play it!
[quoted image]

Any score or 10M is good in my books!!!! I've had 1M games and that's with nobody home and it's all by myself with NO DISTRACTIONS!

#15694 10 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Ok, I am NOT a good pinball player yet but how do you have a 1m game?
I can get that from the first plunge with some luck. Without ever touching the flippers I can get well over 1m in a game.

HAHA....I should take pictures and post? Dead serious, I HAVE had a couple of jackass games end just over 1M!

#15696 10 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I had a 2 mil game last night. My best is 400,000,000ish, it happens..

Thank you roostking! It sounds crazy but I really have hit under 2M before!

#15698 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That’s what I love (and hate) about pinball...skill is required for high scores...but there is always an element of luck. It’s all how the ball bounces

IMO....the other element is finding a pin that you LOVE to HATE and HATE to LOVE. Metallica.....is my favorite band. The pin? Hates me!

#15707 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Are you aware of the super skill shot? You can break 2MM without flipping by holding down the left flipper while plunging, then let go of it as the ball enters the orbit... if you touch the nothing the ball should bounce from the left flipper to the right flipper into the mystery scoop, awarding the super skill shot, do that on all 3 of your first shots and you will be over 2MM every time

Very aware....and that's the only skill shot Ishoot for unless CIU is lite up or extra ball BUT I have totally flubbed that shot MANY times.

1 month later
#16029 8 months ago

Well, this was a first.

26DD5925-C4FC-41BA-994F-BAADEBADE8CB (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#16199 7 months ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Well this happened..
2 soft shots to get the super in grave muktiball. They stayed there during ball search and game eventually ended ball and served up the 4th/last ball in the shooter lane.
[quoted image]

That one happened to me once!

4 months later
#16693 3 months ago

Does anyone have the plastic piece in the attached image; an extra by chance? This piece is right under the right ramp; just below the right pop bumper. I'd rather not pay $189 for the entire plastics on Marco set but obviously would pay for this piece if someone has it. Would appreciate any feedback on somewhere else online that may have just this plastic piece. Thank you!

metplastic (resized).jpg
#16696 3 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

If you can't find one......
I can remove mine and trace it, cut out a clear one. Scan the one from game and print it out and glue it to the clear acrylic. Or I can do one in transparent blue or florescent green, orange. That's what I did on my GoTLE better than nothing.

I would appreciate that! I'll pay; it's not a big visual. Also noticed that it was missing a rubber for it - that doesn't help matters.

1 week later
#16760 81 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Need some diagnose help. Sparky sensor is triggering at random times, usually when I hit the right ramp. Just keep triggering and multiball starts. Did switch test and all switches come in clean. Thinking maybe the opto is bad, or not lined up properly, both lights on the opto board are lit and I checked the connections. Any tips to realign it, or should I just replace it? I reached out to my distributor and I am waiting to see about getting replacement parts (machine is just over a year old), but thought there might be an easy way to fix/diagnose.

On mine this was the opto...I had the exact same issue. I would try wiggling the cords on them while in switch test and if it starts beeping uncontrollable then that's the problem. Otherwise, it sounds like some others have sent some other areas to considered.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody6092.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside