51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5004 8 years ago

Side_rails.jpgSide_rails.jpgHinges.jpgHinges.jpg
Just getting these ready to fit to my Prem.
Not allowed to add the rest of the goodies as apparently these are Christmas presents.
That's fine by me, just means the dining room table will be covered in pinball parts not Christmas dinner come the 25th.

#5006 8 years ago

Mine didn't come with any green paper , the inserts I've added are actually gift bottle bags cut to shape.
Looked at EL, but to get the size needed was looking at 4 x 20x10cm pieces at £60each. As much as I love my Met I'm not putting that much into it.
Will see how it looks once they're fitted. Hopefully there'll be enough ambient light from my other machines to light them

#5009 8 years ago

J_m
Have you fitted the rails yet? I've just done it and the holes are smaller than on the original side rails meaning I can't use the original bolts on the top and bottom of the rails. Currently I've just got the screws holding them on, so they're not earthed⚠, I'd better source some narrower gauge bolts before playing too much!

#5014 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not yet, but I'll look at the size of the holes in the side rails tonight. the MET premium is still sitting NIB in the garage (and I got chastised by john borg @ expo about that, since it's been that way for about 7 months now). mr. borg told me that we can't be friends until I open up the game

We'll if we're going to name drop..

FB_IMG_1448457255122.jpgFB_IMG_1448457255122.jpg

#5038 8 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

How do I keep LED lights from coming loose and falling out??? The Shaker is making them loose!

Checkout my post in the "I've just bought a nib Stern what's the upsell" or words to that effect. I've posted a pic of the item I use, and also where you can buy them. 100% success rate.

2 weeks later
#5165 8 years ago

I'd rather they fixed the problem with Sparky coil locking on and catching fire if the game is powered off with the coin door open, once it's turned back on again .
The game play code is as close to perfect as you can hope for. Sure we've all got ideas as to how it could become better, but there's nothing missing from making it a fantastic game to play.

#5174 8 years ago

I can't copy or quote as posting from my phone and my fingers are too fat, but there are other posts on here regarding the issue of Sparky smoking. Nothing to do with a transistor blowing or anything else like that.
I found the post on here just by searching Google for "Sparky Metallica Coil" after it happened. Pinside post is titled "Metallica sparky short warning"

1 month later
#5649 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm looking for some clarification on the rules. I read the wiki rules, but they're find of abbreviated.
Specifically with the band/pick targets. How many shots each band member and is the progress saved between balls. I mean if the first light takes 4 hits, does the next take 2 hits each and so on?
Also on the coffin hurry up, each time you hit a different shot that will light that shot but un light the prior shot, is there a good strategy like try to avoid starting another shot or is it better to light a few shots and cash in several at a time? IOW what's the point value for cashing in more than one at a time and is there a good rule of thumb to try one way ot another for coffin hurry ups?

The Pick Targets (depending on settings from menu)
Lets say hitting all 4 pick targets counts as 1 cycle.
Getting 2 cycles will light a band member, then you need 3 cycles, then 4, finally 5 cycles will start Blackened Mode.
The aim in Blackened is again complete a cycle and hit main shots for points. I've had a Blackened score of 265mil during a multiball.

On a further note, in multiball, 1 cycle of targets will open the snake and allow you to lock a ball in there, the 1st time you do this you get double scoring for 20secs, as well as an add a ball, and ball save. Subsequent cycles, just opens the snake to allow you to lock a ball for 20secs (no double scoring or add a ball). Still worth aiming for to safely 'store' a ball while still playing for multiball points.

With the hurry ups, I find the best strategy is to light the Grave marker first, as before that is solid, every hit on the drop targets will switch to that lane. I personally don't tray and stack the hurry ups as the effort required is not worth the payoff; 1m to 2.6m for 2 at once. I have had 3 at once but that was not by design.
Lighting all 5 starts Seek and Destroy. The aim is to hit the first shot you completed, followed by captive ball, followed by 2nd shot you completed, captive ball etc. The best I have achieved on this is about 80mil, again in a multiball. Before the CIU modes were added this was really the best strategy for big points - however.

A far bigger bonus of completing the shot is that each lit shot will award 1 Cross hit, 1 Sparky hit & 1 Snake hit towards the CIU mode when really big scores can be achieved, especially if you make use of the double playfied and complete the mode before cashing in the Jackpot.
The order I have found to be most profitable (and hence the order I play them in) is Fade to Black, Enter SandMan, Whom the Bell Tolls and finally Battery (mainly because the ball is out of control after hitting Sparky).
EOL I have only got to twice, with the best score being 64mil, was disappointed with that

Hope that makes a few things clearer for you, and anybody else. There are so many different scoring strategies as to make this such a great game it'll NEVER be leaving my collection.

#5651 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
So are the pick targets collected carried over to the next ball?
Also you say completing 2 cycles lights the first band member, then 3 cycles (meaning 5 total) cycles for the second and so on?
That'd be 15 total cycles to get all for correct?
Good tip about the grave marker shot.

A complete cycle is carried over, not part ones.

2+3+4+5=14

#5738 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Whats your take on the green plastic protectors

I got these green/yellow protectors and fitted them to both the slingshots and ball return on my Prem. IMHO the slingshots lit up that area too much and you lost the colour changing, they work great in the ball returns though and provide just enough light in that area without ruining the colour effects.

My Met is currently undergoing the final stages of its' refurb/modding so I can't take any pics yet but will be sure to do so once Sparky returns and it is all back together.

#5739 8 years ago

I may as well put something in here as it's a double posting.
Mods/additions I have made, or in the process of adding

Completed:
Invisiglass - 2nd best thing ever
Colour DMD - Best thing ever
Metallica cut out back box hinges
Metallica cut out / lollipop side rails (with glossy snake skin effect in cutouts)
Snake fangs
Snake tongue decal
Snake body plastic and ramp decal
Changed all rubbers to clear
Interactive colour speaker grill lights (Flashes green when snake lit, Blue for Sparky & Red for bumpers)
Green outlane protectors
Lit flipper buttons
Replaced cube with newton ball
Creeping Death Backbox decal
Creeping Death Pinblades
UV Flashers in front of Sparky

To come:
UV LED strip lighting down both internal sides and under backbox
Sparky custom paint incorporating UV paint and varnish
Snake head painted with UV paint
Colour LED lighting behind backbox to match the speakers

Possibly:
Following on from another posters suggestion, making a silhouette cutout to go behind the rear flashers so only the lightning strikes flash

Ideas wanted:
Looking for something to cover/replace/add to the clear plastic ball guard near the right hand ramp?

#5815 8 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Wisdom is knowing when to stop talking.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it doesn't go in a fruit salad.

1 week later
#5927 8 years ago

For 50c I'll have one ☺

#5972 8 years ago

Custom Sparky paint job, with and without uv light. Should be completed in the next week or so.

received_10209075357669460_(resized).jpegreceived_10209075357669460_(resized).jpeg

received_10209075357629459_(resized).jpegreceived_10209075357629459_(resized).jpeg

#5989 8 years ago

Sparky finished. All metal work is UV reactive, as are his eyes, teeth and veins in his hands.
Can't wait to get it back fitted and running.

received_10156563691435192_(resized).jpegreceived_10156563691435192_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6077 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Who's the source for the laser cut armor

I got mine from http://www.pinball.center/en/

1 week later
#6291 8 years ago

So what order do you choose the CIU modes?

I always choose FTB, FWTBT, ES & then Battery if playing in comp as that seems to me to be the order for highest scoring first. I have chosen the points award a couple of times, once because I only need 4mil to beat player 1, and once on last ball because I had Coffin MB and Sparky MB ready to go and needed 50mil to beat player 1, I figured that would be a safer/higher scoring opportunity than a CIU mode, plus during the MB I would be working to the next CIU mode anyway.

Playing for fun it's a 50/50 split between FTB & ES as they just seem to have the best lighting effects and are most fun.

1 week later
#6352 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What about that foam glass cleaner in the blue cans you get at Costco?

I've had invisiglass in my Met for over a year now. It really is a close call between that and a colour DMD as to which is the best.

Getting to the point, I simply clean mine with water and a microfibre cloth. It still looks as good as new. If you must use a branded cleaner just make sure it doesn't contain ammonia.

#6353 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So very close to joining the club! I'm arguing the old pro vs premium debate with myself. Going premium would REALLY stretch my budget and I'm just not sure it would be worth it.

I know you say that budget is tight at the moment, but in the long term you'll probably save money as you'll end up installing mods to get your Pro more like a Prem anyway.

I'd definitely go Prem, as well as the obvious differences, like ball lock, hammer, snake jaw, cross etc. The modes are designed to fit the Prem better.

3 weeks later
#6606 8 years ago

5 piston target collects (from hitting pop bumpers) also awards an extra ball, making 3 available during normal play. (Captive ball hits and combos being the other 2)

ANY mode will continue in CIU including Lady of Justice, Coffin Hurry ups, Fuel, Seek and Destroy, Blackened although the light show, music and DMD from CIU will override anything else going on so you may not realise. (The only reason I know this is true is because I have collected CIU jackpot quickly and they have still been running). You cannot however start one of these modes during CIU.

#6672 8 years ago

Referring back to a question about max playfield multipliers - the common consensus seemed to be 4x.

However, would it not be possible to get a 8x?
2x from Piston Target, 2x from Coffin MB snake lock & 2x from whatever MB snake lock you brought in after Coffin?

Theoretically it may be possible, but achieving it less so.

#6718 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

He's ALIVE!!!!!!!
Waxed and ready for a few games!
And did I unstaple the goodie bag?
Eff yeah. Right off. It's a keeper!
Thank you all again.

Next 'mod' I'd get is some invisiglass, or change the fluorescent tube to cut down the reflection.
I know that you probably turn the lights off when you play, but even so.

1 week later
#6825 8 years ago

20160415_193117_(resized).png20160415_193117_(resized).png

#6836 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks interesting. Where did ya get the crosses?

Custom 3d printed.

I bought the cross set, and was so underwhelmed in the quality and look of them I had a friend print some for me.

I've since painted the crosses on the inside with glass paint (to colour match the insert or bulb they are closest to), and then coated the outside edges with clear UV reactive varnish.

I have UV flashers in Sparky, as well as a UV LED strip above him, so they really highlight the edges well.

As soon as I finish the last few I'll try posting a vid of them in action.

2 weeks later
#6994 7 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Quoted from Roostking:I've blown F7 about 3 times in 2 years. I'm going to check out the board, please keep us updated.
Same here, about 3 or maybe 4 times in just under 2 years.

Likewise

#7048 7 years ago

EL_Metallica_(resized).jpgEL_Metallica_(resized).jpg

Finally got round to fitting EL Paper to light up the cut-out side rails.

Have even got enough left over to backlight the apron where the score cards go, just need to design/create a template now.

#7054 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

this is on my "to do" list but I haven't found the right color green EL paper yet. where did you get yours from?

Quoted from yzfguy:

That looks great! Would ya mind sharing where you got the el paper and how it is installed? I would love to do that.

I got mine from www.elpanelandtape.co.uk/el-panel/
They ship worldwide, but I'm sure there must be somewhere local to any of you which could provide similar.

I bought 2 x A5 with 10 solder points (although you may be able to see that it is slightly too small)
A 12v inverter which will power between 150&600 cm2
and various lengths of cables and splitters (as I literally have nothing scrap at home to use)
Total cost £76, a little pricey but I was starting from nothing (and still have enough left over to light both apron cards)

Take a 12v feed into the inverter, then solder the feed out of the inverter onto one of the 10 solder points on the paper. Job done.

Some things to point out, you will have to go with solder points rather than connectors to get a smooth, low profile finish to be able to sit behind the side rail, unless you want to countersink a hole into the side of the cabinet. Even then it probably won't work as well.

The paper can be cut into any shape whatsoever, as long as you keep a solder point (obviously). Just use sharp scissors, rather than a scalpel blade to help prevent delamination.

Measure 2, 3 or 4 times if need be and make a template until you are absolutely positive you have the correct shape and size. You can't uncut something!

Make sure you get the correctly powered inverter to cope with any additions you may want to make in the future, as they have a very specific range (moreso than for EL wire)

It really is that simple, there are so many possibilities.

#7105 7 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Quick question. The left orbit shot always seems to bounce back when I hit it. Is the rules you have to hit a ramp first to open the post?

When the left orbit is hit, it should hit the up post and then trickle into the bumpers during standard play. Many people (myself included) have switched out the standard plastic post for a metal post (the details are in this thread somewhere), this solves the problem of the ball bouncing off the post and then coming back down the left orbit.

The post does not stop divert into the bumpers when:
a) the right ramp has been hit and the left orbit is lit for a combo
b) following the left orbit hit for a combo, as above, it remains down for another chance at a combo shot
c) during 'Justice for all'
d) during some CIU modes
e) when shot is made which lights the coffin hurry up.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

1 week later
#7246 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I can't help but notice the similarities to Met

At the end of the day there are only so many configurations which can be achieved with a basic 2 flipper fan layout, so there are going to be similarities between lots of machines. I think Met's closer to IronMan, and MM is closer to AFM.

1 week later
#7272 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What is the consensus on plastic protectors for Met?

I also found these a bit too green - taking away from the lighting effects.

I've now only got them fitted to the ball guides and find them perfect.

#7286 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm wondering if I need to bother with additional clear protectors for the plastics other than the slings and ball guides at the bottom?

I haven't got any other protectors, including the Sparky one.

I've still got the spare set from NIB, so if any do break I'll be quick to add protectors. Got a friend who can make any shape or size clear protectors, so have that as back up as well.

1 week later
#7334 7 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Became "Fade to Black" champion with over 115 Million. It was the first time I beat that mode. How good is that score? Just curious...

About average for completing it, you can really ramp up the score if you a) don't collect at earliest opportunity and b) really try and get the 2x playfield going, especially for the collect.

My best ever is 230mil

1 week later
#7479 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Where can I find these rails?

I got mine from Pinball.center.com

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/metallica/6530/side-rails-metallica-2-piece-set

But it looks like they are now sold out.

I also added EL paper behind so that they light up.

Cutout Backbox hinges are also available

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/metallica/6531/hinge-pivot-set-metallica-stern

These are available.

Met_(resized).jpgMet_(resized).jpg

#7481 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

your EL paper looks great. do you have a link for that?

http://elpanelandtape.co.uk/el-panel/

1 week later
#7635 7 years ago

Definitely worth updating code.
Snake MB can now be worth lots of points,
CIU modes mystery awards actually help you complete and score big (350 mil on FWTBT)
No longer shouts casket MB (would be nice if it did actually say something though)
Fuel Lane awards blown pistons more readily, making it a strategy to get extra balls
CIU-Battery graphics and call outs changed

"Fixed a bug that was causing the device driver for the magnets to ignore the "disabled" adjustment." - I believe that this may be the REAL reason for the code update, so many issues with Sparky magnet locking on and causing damage that they had to do something about it. It would have been lame to have just released that as an update, it would also have been admitting fault in the first place.

At the end of the day, a high score is there to be beaten, if it bothers you that much you could always note down your current high score and then emulate it with the glass off once code is updated.

1 week later
#7829 7 years ago

Has anyone else had any problems with updating their colour DMD?

I updated the game code to 1.7 - no problems except a few yellow screens due to code update.
Then uploaded the colorDMD file V 3.4 from the colorDMD website and now have lots more screens which are yellow, instead of coloured. Specifically the initial bonus screen and also the starting of Grave multiball, and the Grave Jackpot screens.

Memory stick has been used before and has been formatted correctly. It even shows I've uploaded V3.4.
At this rate I'd rather go back to V3.3 but don't see that as an option on the website

Any ideas?

#7887 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Sounds like you may have changed the setting to show gravestones instead of crosses. Please try setting it back to the default setting (crosses) and see if it resolves the issues.

Sorted?

Will the tombstones be getting added in a layer update?

1 week later
#8017 7 years ago

I own a Met Prem - which I have modded a fair bit, colour display, snake decal/ramp lit speaker inserts, cut-out Metallica side rails (backlit with EL paper) etc. etc.

Played a Met Pro at a show the other day and there were a number of things that struck me.

Playfield is so much more open without the hammer, easier to line up shots for Sparky.

Other than that, the Prem is just so much more to my liking.
Really missed the spinners, the captive ball lock for coffin, the light show, but most of all did not know just how attached I had come to the colour display. Playing a machine with just orange dots seemed so old and boring.

I was considering swapping the colour display over to my WPT, but now know I'm going to have to buy another.

For those condiering whether to go for a Pro or Prem - it's got to be the Prem, if funds allow. You'll only end up spending the money long term trying to get it to look like a Prem anyway

2 weeks later
#8192 7 years ago

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Wayne-Johns

An easy way to be in with a chance of getting some fantastic pinball mods for a fraction of the cost of normal.

I'd be grateful if you could take the time to visit, read and share the page - even if you don't intend to donate.

Thanks

PS Creeping death pinblades from Pingraffix on my Met Prem look fantastic, as does the snake /ramp mod.

1 month later
#8596 7 years ago
Quoted from TeaPea:

Hi guys, I got a NIB Metallica Premium here in the UK yesterday, awesome machine, plus Metallica are my fave. band...
Is there a list of all available mods anywhere on here? As I'm just trying to work out which mods to go with to get the game looking top notch!

I'm taking my Met Prem to NLP this weekend - It's had plenty put on it - tastefully of course.

Why not check it out if you're going

4 months later
#9447 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Guys mylar is great for certain spots, but use this removable mylar, it's not vinyl cling , durable like mylar but with no residue or glue left behind when removed

I use the screen protectors that are designed for mobile phones and tablets. No residue, completely clear, hard wearing and most importantly dirt cheap.
Have never had any of them start lifting, I've had to point out exactly where I've placed them to people as they just can't see it. I'd take a photo - but there's no point

2 weeks later
#9833 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

What is the perfect stack in MET? And in what order.

The only real stack is Coffin Multiball into one of Snake, Cross or Sparky Multiball, then locking a ball in snake for double scoring. I prefer taking Snake in.
Everything else can be added on at anytime. Seek and Destroy, Fuel, Justice, Blackened, double scoring.

#9860 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Multiball gets you dozens of millions if done great

I've had a blackened score over 400 million by taking it into multiball.
I agree though, that the actual multiball rarely scores massive points, but it is still possible to get great scores from it. The main advantage of multiball is the progress towards CIU modes, in a relatively safe way.

1 week later
#10141 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The led flasher in cross is know for falling out. Check it out....

It's a bugger to change though - the whole grave marker needs to come out. When I checked mine it had actually snapped in half! It obviously wasn't fitted properly, or had worked loose, and when the grave marker moved up and down it caught something.

3 months later
#10993 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

I have 3 MET LED Insert Mods ready to ship. These are plug and play for the Pro, and require basic soldering for the Prem/LE
Order yours here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00828-stern-metallica-pro-led-insert-mod

This is the 16th post from you selling this mod, can we try and leave this thread ad free for a bit?

1 month later
#11371 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

What's a good color to change the Sparky Led spotlights to? Or is white the best?

I've got UV flashers in mine - but then again I have had my Sparky painted with some UV paint so that when it flashes his teeth, eyes and veins all fluoresce - along with the helmet. Have also added a UV LED strip under the backbox which also fires at the same time

#11372 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

You're right. Not only the whites. My intent was to say that all the under playfield insert lighting was functional.

I've had the same issue - usually after transporting it.

It's the grey 'data' cable which is loose, the one with a modem/phone type connection. Either on the board under the playfield or in the backbox.
With mine I found it wasn't actually loose to the board, more that the wires were loose to the end connector on the wire.

Look at that first. Replace the cable if necessary and you'll be good to go

3 weeks later
#11525 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

After reseating everything , my GI lights are back. I am still getting some flicker at random times that aren't part of the normal light show. I'm currently corresponding with pat at stern via email to get everything figured out and back to 100%

Did you get this resolved 100%?

I've been having a few more issues with mine recently and wonder whether I need to buy a new data cable

1 week later
#11564 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Anyone know why the mystery hole would randomly not register a hit? I recently began hitting the hole and sometimes it pops right out without tripping mystery/extra ball/CIU

I had that previously - I found the problem to be a wire under the playfield had come out of the harness and the ball was resting against it when it was in the scoop. Check that first, before anything else.

Assuming it comes out after a ball search indicating the coil is fully functional, it is as Rob_G says, the switch is not registering with a ball resting on it.
However it could be that the switch is broken - check with your finger first, in switch test, that the switch is registering at all and not damaged, if it doesn't register at all check for lose wires and resolder as necessary, or replace switch.
If the switch does register with your finger then test with a ball to ensure the ball is pressing the switch down far enough - bend the switch arm slightly until it does register every time.

1 month later
#11779 6 years ago

B*ll*ck$.
Moving machines to a charity show - one of the straps gave way.

Have started the strip down to get all the glass out. Have cleared the top of the playfield, now to start on the bottom

20171013_103133 (resized).jpg20171013_103133 (resized).jpg

20171013_112923 (resized).jpg20171013_112923 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#11983 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone got a set of metallica laser cut side rails for sale?

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/metallica/6530/side-rails-for-metallica-2-piece-set

Yes there'll be shipping, but it won't come to over the $300 for the ebay set

3 weeks later
#12165 6 years ago

Had an amazing first ball on Met last night. Completed and cashed in 2 CIUs with 2x playfield running. Then started and completed Fade to Black, but got greedy relighting the 2x again and the bricked the scoop 3 times. Still got 76mil, but should have been worth over 200 mil if I'd have made it.

I can't ever see me selling this game - EVER!

FWTBT (resized).jpgFWTBT (resized).jpg

ES (resized).jpgES (resized).jpg

Ball 1 (resized).jpgBall 1 (resized).jpg

#12176 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What was your end score?

Just a bit over 1BIL, was only HS 1 on my machine. GC is 1.4 BIL

2 weeks later
#12257 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

Try reseating all connections on the GI driver board. It’s the same board that data cable connects to dead center under the playfield. I had a 3pin connector go bad in mine that caused a crazy strobe.

I had the same problem with my GI, strobing, completely off, weird colours.
I thought it was the data cable as well, because every time I reseated it the GI worked fine.
Turns out it was the 3pin connector right next to it(as stated above) which was the problem. It just so happened that as I was reseating the data cable I must have touched the 3pin and knocked it right.
The connector just needs reflowing to the board, as there is likely a dry joint.

3 weeks later
#12391 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a rule question on the pro. Whenever i hit the rollover switches on the inlanes, the casket lights up. Hit the casket, but its not the hurry up or anything, or even extra points. I was just wondering what its for. Thanks

It means that if you hit the captive ball straight away it will advance you 2 coffins towards lighting the insert you need for CIU.
It's can be turned off in the settings if you want.

#12435 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

The ramp to piston all day for 5 Mill+Extra Ball+Lady Justice strategy still not showing up in tournaments much. Surprised since I know most of you guys here know about it by now. Can also be doubled for 10 Mill. Hit a few of those and might win the tournament Note: Sparky MB average is usually 4 Mill total, just for comparison.

Just not a viable/reliable strategy. The feed from the piston lane can often result in left outlane drain. If you're able to shoot that accurately that you're hitting both shots every time you're good enough to be hitting any shot on the table. I expect a Sparky MB to get me in the region of 20mil, but it's also a safe way to advance toward the CIU modes - where the REAL scores are to be had. Well over 200 mil each for FWTBT,ES & FTB.

Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Sparky MB >> light all Coffin Locks >> Qualify EB or CIU >> Lock a ball in Hammer >> Long Plunge.. dead bounce to scoop = collect EB or CIU
Each hammer lock results in an opportunity to plunge directly to scoop and collect for free/no risk. 3 locks = 3 chances to collect scoop. No need to shoot scoop directly.

This relies on too many separate things to make it anywhere near worth doing.
Physical coffin locks turned on.
No other player has balls locked.
Auto plunge after locks turned off.
Table set-up to make the dead bounce work. (plunger spring strength, pitch of table, rubbers on flippers, angle of flippers, etc. etc.)
None of which you have control of on location/in a comp.

PLUS if you are good enough to do everything else required to set it up - you're good enough to shoot the scoop the normal way.

If you want to set your machine up like that - that's your choice, but it's certainly not a strategy I'd think about using.

1 week later
#12486 6 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Thanks Neal, Rick, and Dave. I’ll try to adjust the switch. Appreciate the advice!

If the adjustment doesn't work. Rather than buy a new one, swap switches 1 & 4. The extra weight of the balls will most likely cause the stiff switch (previously switch 4 now switch 1) to register

#12505 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know of a full-proof way to prevent the Sparky lock on issue where it sometimes locks on the coil when you open the coin door?

I'm pretty certain this was fixed in the previous code update. Are you running the latest code?
I've had zero issues since then, having previously had the coil lock on and burn out

1 month later
#12950 6 years ago

Which shot is lit for the Super skill shot is

The leftmost shot if in tournament play
a random shot if not in tournament play

Same for both Pro and Prem

6 months later
#14286 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm having the issue where the GI lighting and the spider inserts go out randomly (again). some times they come back on on their own, but other times a good slap save smack to the side of the cabinet brings them back. I could have sworn that this was related to the ethernet type cable running from the head to the underside of the cabinet, but I checked again and that doesn't appear to be the case.
has anyone else experienced this? and if so, what did you do to eliminate the issue?

Quoted from WJxxxx:

I had the same problem with my GI, strobing, completely off, weird colours.
I thought it was the data cable as well, because every time I reseated it the GI worked fine.
Turns out it was the 3pin connector right next to it(as stated above) which was the problem. It just so happened that as I was reseating the data cable I must have touched the 3pin and knocked it right.
The connector just needs reflowing to the board, as there is likely a dry joint.

There's your problem, and solution.

1 week later
#14333 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the uk region machines use tombstone shaped headstones instead of cross ones for the animations in graveyard multi-ball and when you hit the in-line drop targets
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's a changeable setting (can't remember where it is I've now sold mine). Also wasn't aware that this was a UK only option - are you sure about that?

Quoted from WJxxxx:

Has anyone else had any problems with updating their colour DMD?
I updated the game code to 1.7 - no problems except a few yellow screens due to code update.
Then uploaded the colorDMD file V 3.4 from the colorDMD website and now have lots more screens which are yellow, instead of coloured. Specifically the initial bonus screen and also the starting of Grave multiball, and the Grave Jackpot screens.
Memory stick has been used before and has been formatted correctly. It even shows I've uploaded V3.4.
At this rate I'd rather go back to V3.3 but don't see that as an option on the website
Any ideas?

ColorDMD didn't code the gravestones, just the crosses, on the release I downloaded for the Prem.

#14396 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I find it amazing that this game has been out for years, and this is just coming to light !

I raised it 2 years ago - post #7829 on here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=wjxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.