Topic Stats

• 16,983 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,902 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5026C1E5-FB5F-4619-9E81-EA8AC73564EF (resized).jpeg
941465D9-825A-4C7B-8060-170CBB27930F (resized).jpeg
540C033B-708F-4A46-BEAA-12DD8B99A374 (resized).jpeg
21605951-FC6C-4B9B-9720-ED1460A48346 (resized).jpeg
D9D40E77-D278-4838-8FF8-AB5B3F07BE52 (resized).jpeg
20191210_221341 (resized).jpg
20191210_221406 (resized).jpg
20191210_215854 (resized).jpg
B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16075 8 months ago

Anyone have a photo of where they put washers on the snake mech to lower it on the pf.

I did mine a while ago, but wanted to compare as it's still not perfect.

1 month later
#16207 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Put up my personal best today.
Had an extra ball and the 3rd crank it up lit but choked before I could hit the scoop. Terrible FWTBT (about 8m I think) but respectable 80m+ in F2B.
I've gotten much better at alot of the shots and pretty consistently get all the multiballs but still cant reliably find the piston to bring up my scores.
I believe this was only one Sparky(maybe 2), 2 Grave, 2 Snake and a Coffin.
...and Justice for all, Seek and Destroy, Blackened and 2 CIU.
Damn, that's alot in one game for me.
[quoted image]

Good score!

I was able to get to EOTL after owning the game for about a month (actually did it twice within the week) and since then, I don't think I've hot 200M!!!

You're definitely getting close. Be sure to try to space out your MBs, so you don't use too many to get into each CIU (since they get progressively harder to start).

#16216 7 months ago

Quick question, I adjusted the level of the pf slightly (2 full turns on both back legs) and now when I hit the grave markers, they don't drop.

Could a slight raise of pf cause this?

#16220 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They don’t drop ever? Backhand or forehand? I guess changing the pitch of the game could cause more bricks for the drop targets, but seems like something else is going on if they never drop.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You probably need to tighten the springs by a few coils on the drop targets. Mine did the same thing and i took the spring off and stretched it tighter by a few coils and they work good again now.

I recently took it all apart to fix the first target that was dropping as soon as the game started.

Everything was working perfectly until I changed the pitch. Now it is rarely going down. You have to hit the target three or four times before it goes down.

just seems strange that changing the pitch could affect this.

#16222 7 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Try adjusting the pitch back to where it was and see of they go back to normal behavior.

Yup, was planning to try that later (have a bruised rib, so not excited to lift it).

Let's see. I'll report back.

#16229 7 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

After waxing, my drop targets usually don't drop because of the speed but eventually does enough to work. Would you recommend making this adjustment in this situation?

Sounds like what happened to my game as well. The ball is just bricking off the target 60-70% of the time.

I took some naphtha too it, then Mist N Shine, and finished off with a wax.

Maybe the springs need more tension?

#16231 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have actually experienced what you are saying so thats a good point i guess but i just dont see how raising the pitch so little like that could make that happen. Ive been wrong before though, it wouldn't be the first time and certainly wont be the last either.

I did forget to mention that when I raised the pitch, I also cleaned and waxed the pf.

I had no idea waxing could cause bricking on the targets, so i attributed it to the pitch.

I still think the targets should drop on contact, am I right? Is it time to adjust spring tension?

Do I just cut the springs shorter?

#16239 7 months ago

My MET seems off from the rest of my pins. Most of them have the rear legs turned out 1/3 to 1/2 the way out to get to 6.5 degrees.

On my MET, I have to almost turn them out to the very highest position to get 6.5.

Anyone else experience this with MET?

#16242 7 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mine pro is not like that. Are you measuring on the glass or the pf?

Haha the pf.

To get the bubble between the lines, and get my digital level to read 6.5, I almost have the turn them out all the way.

#16245 7 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Get a digital torpedo level and don't even look at the bubble beside your playfield. Mine is at 6.8-6.9. If you're going to use a phone app make sure to take it out of the protective case..not sure what I think of those apps tho.

I use a digital torpedo, and with the legs cranked all the way out, the level in the center of the pf reads 6.5.

How are you getting 6.8-6.9?

#16268 7 months ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My understanding the angle desired 6.5-6.7 should have same
readings all over the play field. By, flippers, upper most area of
pf , middle, and leftside n rightside.

Of the 7 games I currently have, and the ones I've previously owned, the only game to give a consistent reading across the pf is TWD.

Not sure why.

1 week later
#16315 6 months ago

I noticed that sometimes if I'm holding a flipper up and the ball lands on it, the flipper will quickly recoil a bit and flip on its own.

Any idea what might be causing this?

1 week later
#16362 6 months ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Hey gang, different subject, but my MET Pre is starting to say drop targets are coming down when they are not, i.e., Graveyard multi ball starts without earning it. Has anyone else had this happen? I suspect one of the optos for the drop target is being triggered incorrectly. I have not examined closely yet, thought I would see if the braintrust here had any advice. Thanks!

Was happening to mine constantly. I had to take it all apart, re-lube, and reassemble.

Had it working perfectly until I recently cleaned and waxed the game. Now the targets are taking multiple hits to drop.

Anyone else have this after a fresh wax?

3 weeks later
#16422 5 months ago

So after cleaning and waxing, I noticed that my grave markers were not going down on half the hits to them. Thought after a bunch of plays it would change, but I've played about 50 games and still the same.

Anyone have this happen, and what was the fix?

I sprayed some silicone lube on it, but no difference.

Thanks

#16424 5 months ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Hey I just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link to a custom Metallica Sparky topper that we built. It has multiple levels, 3-D electro balls and custom molded front face.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Solid work!

How much?

1 month later
#16542 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just reached End of the Line for the first time while on my lunch break today. I'm sure not a huge deal for most, but I was pumped.

That's a big deal if you're in this thread!

Nothing higher to reach on this game, so congrats are in order!

First time I got it, I was super pumped too! Even though new code makes it more attainable, it's still no easy feat, especially with the Borg bounce into the left outlane!

1 month later
#16773 80 days ago

Anyone want 3 fangs from Mezel for the price of 2?

$40 + $5 shipping anywhere in US or Canada.

PM if interested.

IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
#16774 79 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone want 3 fangs from Mezel for the price of 2?
$40 + $5 shipping anywhere in US or Canada.
PM if interested.[quoted image]

2 fangs sold. Still have one available.

Also have an extra Magnet control board, and 5 SMD light boards.

Magnet goes for about $60-70 new, and SMD are $6.99 each on Pinball Life.

I can do the magnet board and SMDs for $70 USD with shipping anywhere in the US or Canada.

Add an extra $10 if you want the Mezel fangs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside