51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12642 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Considering buying an LED Pro. Just wanted to ask if there are any known issues with this model? I know some games have had issues with ghosting and other things so figured I would ask.
Thanks in advance.

I am going to be joining the club soon also looks like. I was looking at BM66, MMR, AFMR, and GOTG. BM66 and GOTG just aren’t doing it for me , they arent bad games but not what i want yet. The remakes im kind of afraid to buy because of possible quality issues and their price tags are too high as well. I was kinda bummed because i was wanting a new game and MET popped into my head and i was like damn this game is a real winner and they are getting ready to stop making them probably. I figure i better get one while i can!

P.S. oh yeah and Gryszzz told me it rocks and that i will love it so thats good enough for me! In Gryszzz we trust!

#12646 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What if you're going Pro (as I prefer to go on this title), is it still a better pick than Spidey?

The Pro is killer. I like everything about the Premium except for the hammer. Its just too big and i gotta believe that it blocks your view of a couple of shots. It also seems to have some problems from what ive read. Id go Premium if the hammer wasnt part of the package. I know alot of people will disagree with me but i just dont like it at all.

#12666 6 years ago

I have been watching alot of video on the premium and i really like the light show and the spinners....the hammer not so much. I wanna talk about the hammer for a minute though. I have heard that the hammer is almost always tore up and not working on Metallica. Is that true and if it is why isnt it reliable?

#12668 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have never had a single issue with my hammer and it's a very cool feature. I think a lot of that talk is from pro lovers.

How many plays is on your game so far?

#12670 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd have to check, it we play it a lot and have had it about two years.

Well that sounds encouraging. I cant wait to hear from other Premium /LE owners. Hopefully they have the same story.

#12676 6 years ago

Ok guys done deal and my Monsters Premium will be on its way tomorrow! Do i have to wait until i get the game set up before i can add it to my pinside collection page or can i just do it now? To say that i am PUMPED would be a huge understatement right now! I kinda feel like i just got a new girlfriend or something.

#12678 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You’re gonna love it! Great choice. I got mine on the 12th and have been playing it a ton. I’ve had zero hammer issues. And I think the hammer/coffin is the best ball lock in pinball! Get a shaker and a sub!
My only issues so far have been; snake switch not registering sometimes (bent switch a little), plunger wasn’t centered on the ball (moved plunger assembly), ball trough eject was ejecting 2 balls into shooter lane after the 1st ball would bounce off of the cliffy in the shooter lane and fall back into the trough (I bent the metal deflector slightly down towards the plunger)
Junky

Thanks for all of the tips I appreciate it. Im really excited big time. I went to a friends house today and played his pro model and loved it, its really a great shooting game. Im sure that i would have probably been just as happy with the pro model but this might be my last NIB game and i decided to go all out on it. The light show and the spinners is the two extra that really made me go Premium. Hopefully i will like the hammer alot and that will be a nice added bonus for me. I can tell that this game is going to be a keeper already. I ordered my sparky protector and now i got to order my cliffy set. Im hoping the sparky protector gets here by Thursday because I could tell from my friends pro that sparky causes major air balls. His has the protector and i still got some air balls off of him.

#12681 6 years ago

You're welcome.
I removed the stock and installed the clear pinbits sparky protector before I even powered the game on. I've had no airballs off of sparky. Not one!

Oh ok, so it comes with a protector from the factory then? Maybe he had the factory protector and thats why i was seeing air balls.

#12683 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I have the stock protector, and I’ve never seen an airball off Sparky....

The game i played today the ball jumped up in the air pretty good a few times. It even jumped on the right return ramp a couple of times. I dont even understand how it was doing that with the protector on there honestly. The game was a complete blast to play though i will say that. I cant wait to sink my teeth into it and learn more about it!

#12699 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Not true. I have 1000s of plays. There is nothing better than the music cranked up, lights off, and the hammer pounding the ball through the Playfield.

Well i hope you are right RoostKing because my new Premium will be on its way tomorrow!

You have no idea how bad the wait is killing me.

#12702 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Get a sub, a shaker, turn the room lights off and have your fave cocktail ready!!

You know i will! A color dmd or lcd is a must also for this game. Is it the LCD that looks the best? If so how much and where can i get one at?

#12706 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Never heard of any advantages of the metal backbox. It's lighter but some associate weight with quality. Some metal backboxes had problems with decal sticking. Think that was just Stern using wrong glue on one run, though. I really don't care what the back box is made of as long as it doesn't fall apart.

Anyone know why they changed from wood to metal?

#12734 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well Murphys law strikes! Just when I'm saying how troublefree the hammer is, I burn out fuse 7 for the 5th time in 3 years. It seems to be a very rare problem with only a couple other owners reporting it, but it actually has nothing to do with the hammer itself it's the magnet. Just this time the hammer magnet was being energized and it just held the ball until the fuse blew, it's happened on Sparky as well. I'm not an electrical genius or Pinball Wizard so I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot it but again it's only happened 5 times in 3 years and seems to be very rare occurance!! Best pin ever still!!!!

Oh my God i knew I shouldn’t have got the Premium model!!

Just kidding, i cant wait actually!!

#12735 6 years ago

So can someone explain the left orbit reject problem to me? I noticed the machine that i played the other day did that a couple of times but i just figured it was suppose to do that. Is this a big problem or is it something that rarely happens? Also does it happen to all games and why does it happen?

#12750 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Who dey you get er yet??

Its going to arrive tomorrow between 10am and 2pm. All i know is that effin delivery truck better not :lalala:break down or some stupid shit like that!

#12753 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hahahahaja
May I present "The Waiting"
by Mr. Tom Petty featuring Eddie Schmeder.
» YouTube video

Eddie Vedder is one Bad Azz MF Gryszzz. People don’t realize what a great talent he is. Here is my most favorite performance by him, this is epic and i never get tired of watching this video!

#12754 6 years ago

16E683CC-95A2-46AF-9E9C-E177F4D541EF (resized).jpeg16E683CC-95A2-46AF-9E9C-E177F4D541EF (resized).jpeg

#12756 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

» YouTube video

Thats some good music there now. Rock and Roll is not nearly as good as it used to be.

#12758 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And here's mine ...
» YouTube video
Oh yeah - and I LOVE my MET!!!

That’s awesome and so is your collection of games! The purple powder coat looks fantastic as well.

#12759 6 years ago

The party is about to begin folks!!

20180301_144702 (resized).jpg20180301_144702 (resized).jpg

#12768 6 years ago

Im in and couldn't be happier! Holy shit is this game great!

20180301_180706 (resized).jpg20180301_180706 (resized).jpg

20180301_180649 (resized).jpg20180301_180649 (resized).jpg

20180301_184430 (resized).jpg20180301_184430 (resized).jpg

#12773 6 years ago

Man what a night tonight was! I played the hell out of my new game and im so glad that i ended up going with this game. No way I could have picked a better game. I know this is the honeymoon stage but this game is so good that its always going to feel like the honeymoon stage. Damn, what a killer game! I did have a pop bumper that kept screwing up and i had to work on that a good while until i figured out how i needed to adjust it but its all good now im 99% sure.

Oh yeah, and the Hammer that almost kept me from buying the Premium because I didn’t like it turned out to be Bad Ass! I love it!

#12780 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Do you have a sub hooked up yet? If not -- you'll love the hammer even more once you do.

I havent got a sub yet but i can imagine how cool the hammer would sound when it smashes the ball through the playfield.

#12782 6 years ago

Hell yes! Such a great game! The hammer is awesome. If you haven't already, add a shaker and sub. Trust me

I put a shaker on it but not a sub yet. The shaker is definitely nice with MET.

#12784 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The best sounds from the sub on METLE/PREM are the spinners.

Oh yeah i never even thought about that but i bet that is cool! I love the drum sounding spinners. This game is just flat out good!

#12790 6 years ago

So what is considered to be a good score on this game? My very first game was my best game at 98 million. I haven’t done so well since because i cant stop watching the animations on the dmd lol.

#12792 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

300 million or higher is decent

I got a long way to go then.......i will get there though eventually! I love this game even more than TWD, its got so many cool features and shots that its unreal. My only gripe is that damn left orbit reject. Ive played around with the slope and the leveling left to right and no matter what i am getting damn near 100% rejects. That sucks because i like when it drops down into the pops.

#12794 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I must suck then. Anything over 100 million I consider a great game.

Lol i feel your pain trust me.

#12799 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I know it varies from game to game but with mine, replacing that orbit post with the metal one stopped my left orbit rejects.

Where can i get the metal post and how hard is it to install?

#12801 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Pinball Life, easy to install. I put mine in about a year ago. At first I still had a bunch of rejects, now I can't remember the last time I had one. Even with a fast orbit shot.

Wonder why it didnt change it when you first put it in? Could you please provide me a link for that?

#12804 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Everything you need to know about the metal post is up in the key posts for the thread.
I have no idea what changed. I releveled it a few months back, but I can't remember if I was getting rejects before that or not.

Thanks for the info, i didnt even know that key post feature was there lol. I will get that ordered and hopefully it helps some.

Metal post is ordered and will be on its way soon! I really hope it helps with the left orbit rejects, that would be awesome. This is my most favorite game in my lineup now and yes that includes TWD even. I cant get enough of this game!

#12809 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So I replaced the magnet board, hoping all of my hammer problems would go away, but no... Same thing. The hammer sometimes just stops trying to sense the ball, and only powercycling the machine fixes it. I can't tell if the magnet is grabbing the ball better than before when it does work, or if that's just a placebo though - hard to tell.
Here' the original thread where I posted my troubleshooting steps:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-magnet-troubleshooting-question-multimeter
In addition, I heard some beeping in the machine again today. I noticed it a few times in the past as well. Unfortunately as soon as I open the coindoor, the beeping stops, so I can't tell where it's coming from, but it sounds like it's the back of the machine (not the backbox). Here's a link with the repetitive sound (it gets a little loud halfway through as I moved my phone - sorry).
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtRZTVJToVJeoBw9j0fW5b2iRicH
Not sure if it's related or not though.
So frustrating.

That sucks man sorry to hear about that. I assume you are working with Chaz on it right? He will figure it out i bet in time. When i power my game off i hear a beep like you would hear when the game is in switch test mode, is that normal?

#12810 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

The metal post really helped on my original machine.
Also, ColorDMD for this game is incredible. It's one of the main reasons I want to get back into this club. I was so hesitant at first, but when I finally put one in my TWD... it was like a whole new game.
Have you gotten your first "Jack Fuckin' Pot!!" yet? When I got my first I was so pumped for the rest of the day. hahaha

I hope the post helps for sure. I havent got a jack fuckin pot yet lol. I hope i do though one day! Color lcd is a must for me. I think the lcd is the one that looks the smoothest and most colorful right?

#12813 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The problem is that it's VERY intermittent. I've only heard the beeping maybe 4 times total (and only once with the new magnet board installed).

I sent Stern an email explaining what was happening and David Carver said he thought it was the magnet board. I'm not the original owner (but the machine is only about a year old), so will they still help me out? I wasn't sure how that worked...

Call Chaz at Stern and i bet he can help you. I don't know the number right off hand but maybe someone can post it.

#12870 6 years ago

Just an update, i changed out the plastic post in the left orbit and put a metal one in its place and so far not one single left orbit reject so thank you guys very much that posted about this! One thing im kind of scratching my head on though is the metal post was sticking up above the playfield a tad higher than the plastic post did and the ball was getting stuck and wouldnt roll over it when it would go down. I didnt really measure the two posts but at a quick glance i thought they were exactly the same size. I had to adjust the post and lower it a little after i put the new post in. I dont know if i didnt put it back together exactly right or what? Any thoughts on this?

I would say that it is pretty critical that the post be perfectly flush with the playfield though or the ball could damage the playfield where the hole is that the post pops up through eventually. Anyways, i totally recommend every MET owner to do this because it absolutely 100% fixed my left orbit rejects and the game now plays like it was designed to play. I only played 4 or 5 games but so far not one single reject and i nailed the orbit hard on several shots.

#12875 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

love your enthusiasm on your MET! Reminds me just how damn awesome the game is! What's your favourite multiball so far?! Wait til you get a CrankItUp mode started!! Have you spelled metallica on the ramps and started Lady Justice?!?!

Thank you, i really love this game and it has exceeded my expectations for sure. Im not really going to say its better than TWD yet because I realize that im in the honeymoon stage, but I honestly believe that i am going to end up liking MET over TWD when its all said and done.......time will tell.

I think as far as my favorite multiball goes, I’d have to pick cross multiball because i love the inline drop targets. I have got the lady justice from the Metallica ramps and ive also got to the mode that you can select one of four modes a couple of times but i had any success at it yet. I think you get that after completing all four multiballs right? What is the crank it up mode and how do i get there?

#12879 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

These are the inserts that show that you have qualified a CIU mode. When all are lit, you are ready to go.

Oh ok cool, thanks alot for clarifying that I appreciate it. I really like the CIU mode so far but i just need to do better at it. Is there any one of those modes that i should pick or are they all about the same score wise?

#12886 6 years ago

Just played a few more games and i can definitely confirm that the metal post makes a HUGE difference. I have yet to have a left orbit reject. Im sure its still possible for it to happen but its not going to happen very often I guarantee it.

#12893 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is why I will never be a great pinball player lol. I can't remember shit.

Lol i feel your pain RoostKing!

#12896 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Don't know how you remember all that. Crikey. I played a bit tonight trying to light the inserts to make it easier to get ciu. I suck. Can never keep it in play long enough to capitalize on it. Some nights it's just drain city.

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.

1 week later
#12924 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Last week I completely disabled the post in adjustments menu. Totally recommend it. Gotta say it's been a lot more fun rippin balls round the orbits. Is there any actual downside to this? What does that fucking post even do???

The post stops the ball and lets it drop into the pops Gryszzz. If you havent done so yet buy the metal post and install it so the game will work the way it should. Ive had only 1 left orbit reject aince installing the metal post. Best 10 bucks MET owners can spend!

#12966 6 years ago

Ive put quite a few plays on my game now and i think im thru the honeymoon stage for the most part, and i gotta say that this game is just as great right now as it was the first day that i got it! Pinball just doesn't get much better than MET.

#12989 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Finally broke down and added the BEST mod you can for Metallica. In the color DMD club finally. I knew I would get it eventually so anyone sitting on the fence just get it and be done with it. Yeah $400 sucks but it looks bad ass.

That looks great. Can you post a link for it?

#12992 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry if this has been asked before
What is the better display for Metallica
LCD or LED ?

Im confused on this as well. I want the one that has the brightest colors and if im not mistaken that is the LCD i think?

#12993 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Colordmd is a must for MET. Just is. LCD or LED has been discussed many times on pinside for different games. It's all personal preference. LED fits right in where LCD has to be mounted back some. LCD has more viewing options but LED is brighter. I prefer LCD because I think it looks better. LED is good for games where LCD does not fit like CV.

Is the LCD display easy to install?

#12995 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Highest brightest colors is the LED. The one you should get is the LCD. Has so many diff options to select from (mode wise) and in this game the smooth one looks really good. I can't recommend the LCD enough. It also has darker blacks than LED. Both are super easy to install.
Now who has that premium translite they want to sell me ; ) Trade for my pro trans + cash!!

Yes i want the one that looks smooth, not the one where you see all of the dots.

#13033 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

So, although I checked the magnatism I apparently didn’t do a good job at it. After further inspection this morning I could see the balls weren’t moving all the way down the trough after the first ball was ejected. I took the balls out and put them on a table. I touched one ball to another and pulled it on the table. The second ball stayed attached to the ball I was pulling. This only happened for one of the balls, but it was enough to have a problem. Thank you for all the help. Great community.

Nothing worse than getting your balls magnatized.

#13059 6 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I bought a used (one year old) one so maybe it’s better anyway to replace the balls?

Yeah if the game is used fo ahead and replace them because you don't know how long the old balls have been in there.

#13070 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Awesome game tonight- made it to 3 CIU's which is deepest I ever gotten into the code (CIU's didn't go very well) but still had my best score ever.
Factory settings, 3 ball game.

Still loving my new MET, so glad that i got this game! Its an absolute keeper for life.

#13104 6 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Just got my Metallica pro wool wop
I am in the club.

Congrats! You definitely won't regret it.

1 week later
#13185 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats! I am getting mine this weekend. Traded out my POTC for it like lols like you did. Pirates is great but I think MET is an upgrade.
Getting Eddy this week also. Sparky needs a friend.

Think about this guys. He's getting MET and IMDN at the same time. Life just doesnt get much better than that now lol. He will be like a little 5 year old kid bouncing from game to game. How the heck would you know which one to even play??? I am predicting a week without sleep for Pinnyheadhead this week lol.

1 week later
#13265 5 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I will be joining the club at the end of May, I ordered a game on the last container from Sterns current run coming into Australia. I would have loved a premium but there is no secondhand market over here for any Metallica pins other than overpriced LEs. So NIB pro it is, even after I add spinners and total lightshow I will still save over $2000AUD from what we get charged for a premium NIB. As much as the other toys are cool it’s hard to justify spending a further $2k on them anyway.
I just spend 12days scrolling through this entire thread on my iPhone in my spare time taking screenshots of mods and info I’m after. Man are my eyes sore
Can anyone with a LED Pro please tell me if this map of the incandescent pro uses the same bulb types, 44s & 555s, in the same location as the new LED Pro?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list
Thanks,
Matt.

Congrats on your soon to be new game. You are going to love it!

#13267 5 years ago

Just got through with a late nite session of MET, i love this damn game!!!

#13281 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm contemplating getting rid of my TWD to pick up a MET pro LED.
Wanted to hear from anyone who has owned or played enough of the two titles to make a comparison.
TWD just seems like such a ball drainer to me. You have the occasional epic game, but it's not a game that gives a lot of satisfaction just to step up to and play.
Also, how tough is it to reach EOTL? How would you rate it out of 10 on difficulty? Let's say Valinor is a 10. And if you've reached BFTK on MM, I'd like to know what you rate that out of 10 to gauge.

I have TWD and MET both and they are both epic games that I'll never sell, not by choice anyways. TWD is hard AF and frustrating but its a great great game that keeps you coming back for more. MET is much easier as far as keeping the ball in play and its far less frustrating. Its still a game that will challenge you but i have to say that its more relaxing and less frustrating. With that being said, it would be my guess that a really skilled player would choose TWD just because it presents such a challenge.

Ive never got to the end of the line and from what i hear its very difficult so i probably never will. There are still the crank it up modes that are easy to get to and loads of fun in MET. Just by hearing you talk, i would say that you would probably enjoy MET more than TWD. Dont forget about Iron Maiden also, that game is epic as well.

#13283 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've had a few really good games on TWD, but I find that the average game is just spent playing defense as every shot presents a dangerous return. Shooting the prison is suicide compared to Sparky, and they are similarly positioned.
Maiden is a very cool game, but not having any toys issort of the deal breaker for me. I'm also not too hot on that left ramp shot between the bumpers. Same reason I hate the tunnel shot in TWD.

I just recently got a MET Premium and i absolutely love it. I couldn't decide between the Premium and the Pro but i went with the Premium and glad i did because i like the soinners, light show, and the hammer, which i didn't really think i would like but its a cool toy. If money is a little bit of an object though, go Pro and don't look back because MET is a very strong Pro. MET has great artwork, great rules, and absolutely a killer playfield design. Its an amazing game man for real, so much fun.

#13290 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I recently just picked up a Met pro and I am loving it so far! Have a quick question for you guys. When does the diverter pop up for the left orbit? It seems like whenever I hit the left orbit it shoots back down and doesn't make a loop?
Thanks!

This will fix 99.9999% of all left orbit rejects.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=A-17986

#13292 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Thanks! You guys are awesome. Since I'm on a roll with the questions what do you guys set your pitch at?

I just set mine up where the little bubble level thing from the factory says to. Thats abiut 6.5-6.7 degrees i believe

#13296 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Ok so just to clarify; when I shoot the left orbit during normal gameplay, my ball should not return over the same path?
I’m not sure how a metal pin should change this bevaiour over a plastic one.

Yep you are correct and i dont see how or why it fixes it either but it 100% does and it makes the game alot more fun! Its an easy fix but take pictures before you take it apart just in case you forget how it goes back together. I also had to adjust the new metal rod a little after i installed it because it was sitting up above the playfield a tad. Not sure why because i think its the same size as the old one but i really didnt check them when i had them both in my hand before installing the metal one. Maybe i didn't put it back together exactly the same way or something, im not really sure lol. All i know is it works and im glad that i listened to the guys in this thread and did it.

#13300 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No, you can control how OFTEN it shakes from the menu, but not how MUCH it shakes. I disconnected the shaker on mine because like you noted, it was ridiculous. You can apparently mess with the shaker itself to try taming it - although it didn't look easy. I might try playing with mine at some point, but for now, with the subwoofer, I don't see the need.

Im almost thinking about doing the same thing. I do love shakers but i dont think i will miss it much if i turn it off. I dont like how much it shakes when the hammer smashes the ball into the coffin. I have shakers in all my games except AS and truthfully it doesn't bother me at all not having one.

I also know that it supposedly doesn't tone down the vibration when you change the settings but i will say this, my GB was shaking way too much when it went into storage facility multiball and i set it to minimal use and it doesn't shake as violently now. It definitely changed how long it shakes ir something. I may try turning it down on MET and see what happens. If it doesnt help i think I'll just disable it. Its not worth shaking my game apart.

#13306 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually if anything it made my game worse. There is also history on that! I have seen others post the same. One thing for sure is that the ball is supposed to stop and drop into the bumpers and not bounce back down to the left. Fortunately Stern has since gone back to controlled gates for the orbits. This requires a lot more mechanics (two gates and two coils vs one coil with a plunger) but it works a lot better. Star Wars and GOTG both have gates instead of the post.

I have a really hard time believing that since my game went from about 90% left orbit rejects with the plastic post to 0% rejects with the metal post from pinball life. Since i installed the metal post ive had maybe 2 rejects in 100 plus games. Thats not 0% but its so damn close to 0 that im just gonna call it 0%

3 weeks later
#13395 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I used a little bit of lock-tite on the two spotlights and posts to make sure they don't move around any more.
But I stil have issues with the LED's popping out. Every 20 something games, one of the LED bulbs fly across the playfield!
Any tips on how to fix them more firmly?
I'm done searching for them every time. I'm almost considering a tiny dab of hot glue...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

#13438 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I applied the solution as suggested by @Who-Dev and it seems to work great! Much more graceful then using glue.
See earlier post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/268#post-4411497

Vireland gets all the credit because hes the one who posted the fix. I just remembered he did it and passed it on to you. I have a spotlight that keeps losing its bulb also and i will be doing the same fix in a day or two. Vireland is the man!

#13469 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Snake ate my bulb. Don't know how it got all the way down there. I don't know how to get it out without yaki g the whole mech off, which I really don't want to do. Snake is working fine.

Stuff like this is the reason i hate snakes!

#13516 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

It's true. So many fun elements. They took every fun part of the game and just made it the best version possible. Every multi ball is so exciting trying to get all four picks and then blowing the machine up. Collecting the coffin hurry ups and permanently lighting a lane is so addictive. Crank it Up is insanely high pressure fun EVERY TIME - one ball, every shot worth a ton, trying to get 2x before you hit that scoop (and missing the scoop over and over again always with seconds left on 2x!). Getting to Blackened while looping those ramps. There just isn't a single element of the game that isn't truly fun.

Yep this game is awesome for sure! I just recently got one but im out of the honeymoon phase, but i still feel like im on my honeymoon with it. Pinball doesn't get any better than MET really.

#13540 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Omg. Got battery ciu, grave multi, Sparky multi and justice for all. What an improvement!! Still waiting on some parts but I'm really liking how this is all coming together.
Does anyone have any tips for replacing the ugly yellow instructions though. Point me in the right direction for other options please. (Not those light inserts though)
Thanks as always

MET is a fun game isnt it? I haven't been getting serious with it but i need to bear down and give it my all. Ive mostly been working on mine lately. Got it all done though except i need to realign the auto plunger and then she'll be in tip top shape!

#13542 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wow. What an improvement.

Looks amazing. Easy install?

1 week later
#13566 5 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Latest addition to the cave. Been a long weekend of adjustments and mods. Couple more to go. Such a fantastic machine.

Good choice!

#13587 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Y’all mind if I join you? Got my first pin ever today and it’s a #Metallica Pro! Still doesn’t feel real!

Congrats on your new game!! You probably couldn't have picked a better game than MET, it is awesome in every way.....enjoy!

#13591 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’m a bit jealous of the feeling you have right now. I love the game. Had it over a year and don’t see it going anywhere.

Nothing quite like that new pinball machine smell is there?

#13621 5 years ago
Quoted from XQ11:

Noob question here. Holding my left flipper isn't disabling my orbital up-post for the super skill shot. The post seems to be functioning normally otherwise. Song selection prior to shooting is also working fine. Any ideas as to what is causing it?

Im no expert pinball repair guy and im also not at home to look at my game but im thinking maybe that switch at the top of the right orbit is what triggers that post probably. Check and see if that switch is working or not. If its not then there is your problem and it probably just needs adjusting. Im sure its something simple so dont let it worry you too much. Put the game in test mode and see if that switch is working when you roll a ball over it.

#13651 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Just got a Premium Refinery Edition. The Sparky switch seems to be going off without being hit a lot, really affecting gameplay in a big way. Any clue how to fix this maybe how to make it less sensitive. Also is there a way to set the music louder than the callouts and sound fx? Also music doesn't seem to get too loud even with the flipper fidelity speakers in it. Where in settings menu can i go to maybe fix these things? any help would be greatly appreciated, looking forward to the club!!!!

Mine started doing the same thing and the opto sensor was off that is in front of Sparky. I ended up having to bend the metal tab a little that holds the opto sensor. The bad thing about it is, that its hard to see and get to because of the left ramp and other things being in the way. I ended up taking the left ramp off of the game and the plastics around Sparky so i could see what i needed to do better. It actually wasnt that big of a job but after about three failed attempts of trying to get it adjusted I said F it and took the ramp off so i could have some room to work and so that i could see what to do.

I was getting sparky hits just by flipping the flippers and yes it does ruin the gameplay for sure. Maybe someone else can Tell you a better way to fix this problem but thats how i fixed mine. If you look in front of Sparky you will see where the opto sensor shines from one side to the other. There will be a round red circle of light that is supposed to shine into the hole on the opposite side of the opto and mine was way off and barely shining into that hole. I suspect that this may be your problem also. Its also possible that the switch that sits between Sparkys legs may be too close together and registering way to easy. If thats the case you will need to gap that switch open a little more. Check that switch first and then the opto. If the opto is off center though i would say that is your problem. Good luck!

#13654 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine started doing the same thing and the opto sensor was off that issues in front of Sparky. I ended up having to bend the metal tab a little that holds the opto sensor. The bad thing about it is, that its hard to see and get to because of the left ramp and other things being in the way. I ended up taking the left ramp off of the game and the plastics around Sparky so i could see what i needed to do better. It actually wasnt that big of a job but after about three failed attempts of trying to get it adjusted I said F it and took the ramp off so i could have some room to work and so that i could see what to do.
I was getting sparky hits just by flipping the flippers and yes it does ruin the gameplay for sure. Maybe someone else can Tell you a better way to fix this problem but thats how i fixed mine. If you look in front of Sparky you will see where the opto sensor shines from one side to the other. There will be a round red circle of light that is supposed to shine into the hole on the opposite side of the opto and mine was way off and barely shining into that hole. I suspect that this may be your problem also. Its also possible that the switch that sits between Sparkys legs may be too close together and registering way to easy. If thats the case you will need to gap that switch open a little more. Check that switch first and then the opto. If the opto is off center though i would say that is your problem. Good luck!

Well i need to edit this comment a little lol. My MET started the false Sparky hits again so i tore into the game one more time. I earlier stated that you need to take the left ramp off to bend the bracket a little so you can get the opto aligned better. You can see the opto light move when you lightly move the rail so you will know which way that you need to bend the rail a little. You probably can just take the plastics off around sparky and take a pair of needle nose pliers and grab ahold of the rail that holds the opto and bend it a little without removing any ramps so that is nice.

Also the first thing that you can do is to unplug the opto connectors under the playfield and plug them back in to make sure that they are making a good connection. The little opto plugs are typically kind of loose and can come unplugged or become loose easily.

Im not a expert pinball repair guy so i kinda learn as i go and get a little better the more i work on these games. At any rate i was just trying to help Creepy Tom with the opto problem and now i kinda feel bad because tonight i found an easier way so im hoping that he reads this before working on his game. This game has been a huge PIA so far compared to my other new Sterns.

#13660 5 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

That was quick. Good thing I don't see it value wise lol... Is there a way to get the prem/le hammer in there just for asthetics? I heard the ball hammer gimmick is a negative on those.

The hammer on the premium is not a negative whatsoever and the rising grave market is cool as hell, as are the spinners and the light show that comes on the Premium/LE models. Its all good, no negatives at all.

#13662 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Seconded - the hammer is awesome (except when the magnet board doesn't work....). The spinners and light show are also amazing (as are the multicolored LEDs). The rising cross? Meh, I could take it or leave it, personally.

Oh man i love the rising cross! Everytime i see is come up through the playfield im like YEEEAH BABY!!! It never gets old to me ever!!

2 weeks later
#13827 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just installed the spinners made by Robert Campbell from Hooked on Pinball. Must say, the quality of his product is excellent. I used a Dremel cutter then sander to modify the plastics. Came out clean and smooth (thank goodness, whew). Wires connect the spinners through the pf to hook up to the guitar pic stand-up's under the pf...so when the spinners are spinnin', it sounds like Lars doing the double bass. It's badass!! ...Waiting on my Flipper Fidelity speakers to arrive, then bring on that bass!!!

Wow your game looks awesome, love the art blades or whatever you call them on the sides inside the cabinet. The whole game looks great!

#13830 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is there anything to watch out for when installing the mystery scoop cliffy?

The Mystery scoop is super easy, even DaveH could do it i bet.

#13847 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All I did was swap mine out for metal and it works great now. Nothing more to it for me.

Same here, i changed to a metal post and it eliminated the problem totally.

1 week later
#13908 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any tips for Sparky? Many times hitting him is a drain for me right down the middle

I dont have too many drains from Sparky doesn't seem like. Its the coffin shot that gets me most of the time.

1 week later
#13965 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I enjoy the intro. Every. Single. Time.

I love it when he says " Fry that Mother F*cker!" I wish i could make it say that every time.

#13971 5 years ago

That callout and "Jack f'in pot!" are my favs

Yep for sure lol. MET is an awesome game!

#13992 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Who here has made it to EOTL, the final wizard mode?
Rob

Not many i bet and surely not me!

#14002 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I must suck. I've had the game for more than two years and I think I've only ever started a third CIU mode once.

I feel your pain brother!

#14008 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just acquired a Metallica pro. Both orbits keep getting rejected by the white post up top? Shouldn’t that post drop down after you do skill shot? Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? It really kills the flow of the game. Thank you for any help.

This will fix your problem i guarantee it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072

1 week later
#14030 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I’ve deliberately made reaching Blackened a little bit easier through settings. That way I can enjoy it more often. Really like the animations and lightshow. Especially on Total Lightshow mod!
By the way: good to read here that not everybody is scoring easily hundreds of millions. My GC is around 250mil, reached a third CIU once, but my biggest issue is collecting jackpots. For some reason I’ve a hard time shooting the scoop when it really counts.
Great game! Really like the moment when the game really “blows up” when casket multiball is going and you manage to combine it with snake multiball for instance!
FRANTIC! (another great Metallica song )

MET has it all honestly. Its a great shooting game with tons of flow and i love the inline drop targets. I wish more games had them. It also has great animations and toys and art and the crank it up modes are awesome. Just a great great game any way you look at it.

#14033 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

So my magnetic screwdriver wasn't as magnetic as it claimed to be on the handle...
Can anyone tell me what size the screw holding the spotlight here is?[quoted image]

I would be finding out where that screw is. Did it fall into your ball trough maybe?

#14045 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I guess I need to find a flexible magnetic end tool

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4899

2 weeks later
#14115 5 years ago

Just wondering where do most of you guys have your outlane posts set at? Mine is in the middle hole from the factory and that left side drain is a mother effer! Should i move them down or "play better" as Steve Ritchie would say?

#14127 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I got tired of playing poorly and not progressing in the game, so I moved both posts to the bottom hole. Was a huge difference for me.

Im considering doing that, i just hate to change the factory settings because if i do and get a really good score i wont feel like it is legit. Not that anyone cares but its just a personal thing with me i guess. I did move them in on GB and i dont feel bad at all about it because that game is just terribly brutal and it needed some help to become more fun. Noobs always want to play GB but once they see how big of a drain monster the game is they just turn their nose up at it. Moving the posts didnt make a huge difference but it was enough that it makes the game a little better. Its still a bitch though.

#14129 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I moved my left post -- I paid for it, and if it isn't fun, what's the point? I also felt a lot better after talking to the guy that runs Tilt and he said he closes the outlanes for the games on-site too.

Maybe i should talk to that guy and see if he can make me not feel so guilty about moving them.

2 weeks later
#14212 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

But what about the balls that came with my new in box pin? Stern would surely know these balls have to work with magnets. My new pin only has about 40 games on it so far. I received my order from pinball life just this past Monday so I used the balls from them which clearly states on their website theses balls are good for games with magnets. So after about 20 games for each set of balls they are magnetized? At this rate I will not be able to keep up with buying balls. I wonder if that is the issue I am having or maybe it is something else. Could the magnets power be too high? Or is there an issue with how the ball is sent to the shooting lane? So the ratio of 2 balls sent to the shooting lane is about 6 times so far after 40 games. Is this normal?

No thats not normal and i dont think the balls are getting magnatized that quickly either. Call Chaz at Stern and see what he says.

#14214 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got a link to the balls you bought? If they are the super shiny ones those will get magnetized for sure. Doesn’t matter what the site says.

I dont think they've had the super shiny ones for a good while but ive never had a problem with them before when ive bought them in the past. I change them once a year.

#14216 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When’s the last time you bought super shiny balls? Pinball life hasn’t had them in years.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1
As long as they are listed as standard pinballs and not super shiny, you should be good.

I have bought super shiny's from pinball life. A couple years ago maybe i dont know? Ive bought them from Scott as well. Not disputing your claim, just telling you ive never had any problems out if them.

#14220 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Last night I had a ball stick to the captive ball rather than the magnet. First time I've seen that! It cost me a locked ball in the coffin. The balls were looking kind of old, so I swapped them out. The balls don't appear to be magnetized so I assume the captive ball gets a little magnetic when the playfield magnet is energized.

Well at least you wont have to worry about hitting it and the ball draining now.

#14222 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree on the pinball life ones. They haven’t had them in years though. That’s my point. Any of the other super shinys (Titan or Marcos silverjets) are not good with magnets.
As of today I’m unaware of a reliable super shiny ball that plays nice with magnets.

Last ones i got were the ones they are selling now and they seem fine also. Im not bothered at all that they arent super shiny. Am i the only one that this doesn't bother? Lol

#14228 5 years ago
Quoted from SNIP3R:

I just picked up my first machine, a HUO Metallica Pro LED. Excellent game.
I'm having a minor issue with the spotlight next to the left flipper. It works intermittently. If I wiggle the cable on the right, it comes back on for a few games, but eventually it stops working again. I tried pulling the cable out to take a look at the connector, but it's not coming out and I don't want to break it.
The game is very bright even without that spotlight so it's not a huge deal, but I'd like it if everything worked.

It’s probably just the bulb not making good contact. Wiggle the bulb and see if it goes out. Here is a fix for bulbs that fall out of the spotlights and bulbs maybe that arent making good dontact. You could try pulling the bulb out and pulling the little metal connectors out a little and then putting the bulb back in also.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

#14244 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just figured that I would mention that I've had Metallica Premium for 9 months now and I played it more last week than any other week since I got the game. This really is a fantastic machine!

It really is awesome. My only question is, why do i always have to choke when i get to the crank it up modes??? So frustrating....

2 weeks later
#14319 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Biggest run of anything for them by a mile. What a success story this great machine is!

Glad i scored a MET before they stopped making them!

#14325 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I saw that today so everybody don't ask me if I want to sell my Refinery Pro when these last ones are gone, it aint for sale.

Everything has a price.......

#14330 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Man I finally made it
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a incredible score, wow!

#14378 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I was using ball baron's chrome balls in my MET, but like others they got magnetized rather fast (about 50-60 games) and caused many issues. I attempted to demagnetize them with an industrial level deguassing ring, but that only appeared to work for another 10-15 game before they were magnetized again
while I love the shininess of the ball baron balls, I simply don't want to be bothered with having to swap out the balls every 50 or so games

I thought ball barons were the best? Ive always used Pinball Life balls and have never had a problem yet with them, guess i will just stick with those.

#14432 5 years ago

Yep that is what you want right there. Makes a big difference.

#14447 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It rattled between the pick targets before exit and can go a number of ways.

^^^ This is definitely correct.

1 week later
#14537 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I already own a MET Pro Led with Total Light Show that I am thinking about adding a few mods to including a color dmd. I know have an opportunity to trade another machine toward a MET Premium already upgraded to a color dmd and a few other mods. I am not unhappy with my MET Pro. Is it Worth the upgrade or should I stick with it he Pro.

In my opinion the premium is worth the extra money, matter of fact the Premium is almost always the better game. Are all the Premiums worth the extra money? Technically no probably but if you like it better then its worth it in my opinion. With that being said though there is nothing wrong with the pro model games either and MET pro is a damn good pro. I have MET, IMDN, and GB Premiums and i love them, i also have TWD, GOT, and AS pros and i love them also and see no reason to upgrade because im perfectly happy with them.

#14561 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've had my Metallica or a year and 2 days... And FINALLY got my name on it. Not only that, but the GC! And the Blackened! And the Combo! And the Seek and Destroy! Best game of pinball I've EVER had, and it was amazing! Game lasted almost 25 minutes. I felt like I couldn't miss a shot. SO awesome!!! The only downside is that I lost out of the free ball for getting 20 combos -- couldn't get the ball to hit the mystery hole. But I'm not complaining!
Please forgive my wall of pictures - I'm just psyched![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang Fezmid, you BLEW IT UP!!! Nice game man. Ive had mine for a good while and 190 million is my best so far. Everytime i get intoa crank it up mode i fail miserably, every single time.

#14585 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My frustration with this machine is becoming toxic. I just had a 10 min + game, hit every multiball mode, Sparky twice, plus Lady Justice and a ciu and still only ended up with 95m.
Most of that was actually done on ball one. I look up and I'm at a pissy 52m.
WHAT AM I NOT GETTING HERE???
Bout to kick it on down (to the end of) the line...

The big points come from the CIU modes, its that simple. You do good in the CIU modes and you score big, you choke and you dont. Its a low scoring game until you do good in those modes and i choke every Fckin time in them also.

#14587 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Good to know...but I suck in them...every time. Play better.

I need to play better. I wont deny that for one second.

#14633 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Just joined the MET club this weekend.. So pumped. I have many questions coming but for now I am gonna flip.[quoted image]

That game is sweet looking, got some nice mods on it.

#14675 5 years ago

Finally had a good CIU mode and a good score on this frustrating M effer of a game!

20181111_035237 (resized).jpg20181111_035237 (resized).jpg
#14683 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have a small theory as to why Metallica remains uniquely popular. There is no doubt Met has been the biggest seller for Stern in recent times, and there are a lot of great things about it. You might say it's Lyman's code, or that Sparky is the greatest bash toy ever, or whatever. And yes, they are all great things, but there must be something unique about Met that keeps people coming back to such a high degree.
I think it's the in-line drops. In-line drops are my favourite mech of all time, and I don't think I'm alone in that. Whatever else is going on in the machine, working your way along that grave yard is just a little thing that you don't get anywhere else on your newer machines. Whenever I play my Metallica it's getting that lane open that gets my attention. The way I cry out loud when they reset each ball doesn't happen much on other games.
Think back to the release of Met. I remember jumping around in excitement over those drop targets, and I think this is one of the big reasons the Pro and Premium share popularity equally. They both have that line of drops, and it's them that really put the cherry on top of this great game.

I agree, the in line drop targets are alot of fun and i cant believe that we dont see more games with them. I love the rising cross on the premium and how the magnet holds the ball in there and you have to knock it loose.

1 week later
#14762 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just set up my new Metallica Premium and played it for the first time last night. Man, I love it! However, I've only played Pro versions for the past 5 years or so (Love them too) and was surprised that when the raising grave marker on the Premium is down, there is one or two white flasher LEDs totally exposed with a direct line of sight right to your eyeballs, LOL. Man, they are quite blinding. Does anyone make cover mod for those, or has anyone made a cover? I apologize as I'm sure this has been discussed and there's probably something buried in the last 296 pages. Just looking for ideas before I go gung-ho and make my own flasher cover. I just want to tone down the blinding white flashes a tad.

Congrats on your new game! Its alot of fun especially when you get to the CIU modes and do good, what a rush!

#14843 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Uploaded the new code and had the best game of my life. I thought surely there must be a glitch.
Cruised right through all the CIU's and smoked EOTL. Not sure what the big change is yet, but what used to be 100M point games are now 500.
[quoted image]

You really blew it up good!!

#14845 5 years ago

Its funny how a few tweaks and adjustments in code can make you feel like you have a brand new game again but thats exactly how it feels now. I love this game and im glad Lyman made it a little easier because it definitely needed that. Glad to have this game in my collection!

#14869 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Almost got to end of the line! Wow what an awesome game!
[quoted image]

So i assume you like the code much better than before then?

#14892 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put reg rubber on. Problem solved.
Superbands and silicone have tack to them and causes the ball to grip to it.
Now if you play the game a ton and let those get dirty, that stickiness should go away too. But it takes a while.

Amen to this! Even if it doesn’t fix his problem they suck and need to be off of there anyways! I would use rubber bands from the dollar store before i used superbands!

#14955 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ball baron update. I ordered the Ninja ultra shiny balls, knowing that there is a slight chance they would magnetize(according to the website). Not knocking BB, they stated clearly this might happen, and it did. The search continues...

Ive never hsd any trouble with the balls i get from pinball life magnatizing.

#14962 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems like they are always out of stock, unless I'm thinking of somewhere else. Checking now.Thanks.

I think they are out of the ones they call super shiny but im ok with the regular pinballs myself. They are shiny enough for me.

#14964 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I always heard it was one of the tougher games to beat, and I sort of wanted to chase that goal. Now with the rule difficulty being turned down, I sort of feel like the novelty of the challenge is gone.
Anyone else planning to revert to an older code? Or just change settings?

Hell no, i like the new code because the old code was too hard and not as much fun. I probably wont even be able to get to EOTL with the new code but i know i couldn't have done it under the old code.

See if you can get to EOTL with the new code and if you do just change the settings and make the game harder and more to your liking.

#15013 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed since the update that the trough eject power is way too hard now? I have had my ball eject out of the ball trough, into the shooter lane, and bounce out of the shooter lane and onto the Playfield. I cannot find a setting to adjust the trough eject power?

#15017 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine has not changed.

I really cant guarantee that mine has changed. Its always ejected into the shooter lane pretty hard but i have never had it bounce out of the shooter lane and onto the playfield before. I really wish that i could tone it down a little.

#15020 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what this means?

20181204_094824 (resized).jpg20181204_094824 (resized).jpg
#15022 5 years ago

It's a new setting in this update, previously you could only adjust eject power

What does it do though?

Also, do you know if there is a ball trough eject setting?

#15052 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On 3 ball?
Man, that is a monster score!
I'm struggling to get 200K!

I feel your pain. I still dont think that I will ever make it to EOL.

#15054 5 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

Yeah, 3 ball. EoTL is crazy, and the points stack up really fast!

How long did that game last would you guess?

#15056 5 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

20 minutes at least, felt like forever!

I bet it was for sure 20 minutes plus. You was probably getting tired i bet lol.

#15058 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t take that long to get to EOTL anymore. And once you get there, it’s free billions.

If I am in For whom the bell tolls mode, do i just have to hit 1 sparky, 1 coffin, 1 snake, and 1 cross and then hit the scoop to cash out and move along?

#15060 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. That’s the case for all the CIU modes.
Remember too. When you get EOTL the values of the shots and super jackpots are based on how well you did in the CIU modes.

And once you complete the multiball modes it takes like double the hits to get back into them or the crank it up modes again correct?

#15062 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiball has nothing to do with getting EOTL
First go to CIU it’s 10 or 12 shots to each the drops, sparky, coffin, and snake.
Each subsequent CIU the requirements increase by 1.

They only increase by 1 shot?

So the 2nd CIU mode will take 11-13 hits on each one of the 4 targets, 3rd CIU will take 12-14 hits to each target and the last CIU mode will take 13-15 hits on each one is what you are saying right?

#15065 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I think that is correct but you can always change these values in settings

And i may do just that too, at least until i get to play EOL. Thats still a lot of bashing when you add it all up getting to EOL.

#15067 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. That’s why this game is overrated.

Shh easy now!!

The good thing is the wood chopping is easy to fix. The playfield design is excellent and the CIU modes are a lot of fun too so it can definitely be made to be more fun with a few adjustments.

#15072 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What are you bashing other than the coffin (which can be cut in half through inlane hits)? All the other items can be achieved through the orbits, ramps, graveyard, snake, and Sparky. That's pretty spead out. If you had to hit the same couple of shots over and over, I'd call that bashing.

Yes that's true and i just gotta get a strategy figured out and roll with it. I played tonight and got 2 ciu modes in a few games and a top score of 338 million which i know isn't great but im getting there. I just want to get to EOL. I really like this game, the shots are super satisfying and fun.

#15077 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My strategy for reaching EOTL (if it's worth anything):
1) Don't worry about points. Worry about collecting the four items.
2) Every time the ball hits an inlane switch, try for coffin until you get it.
3) My easiest shots are left orbit, graveyard (backhand), and right ramp. I usually lock in graveyard first and use MB to accumulate more inserts.
4) Back to rule #1...if CIU is ready during mb, I trap a ball and let the others drain.
5) Get in and out of CIU asap. Hit your four items, collect at the scoop, and end the CIU.
6) Do not start S&D. If you have one or two remaining shots to complete a row, avoid those shots to avoid S&D. If the last hurry up starts, trap the ball and let it time out.
7) While collecting items for your successive CIUs, revert to rule #2, and then focus on the shots you've been nailing (left orbit, graveyard backhand, right ramp).
8) After you have two or three CIUs, be careful during multiballs not to start S&D.
If your goal is a high score, the strategy is much more open, and you can enjoy the multiballs, double-scoring, stacking into CIU modes, etc. Completing FWTBT with a double-scoring collecion (and stacked with S&D, FUEL or Blackened) and then collecting with 2x scoring is HUGE! After you exit CIU, you have an opportunity to collect 25% of your CIU jackpot by hitting each arrow insert and going back to the scoop. For example, a 400mil CIU collect would award another 100mil and the CIU light will flash when the scoop is ready.

Thank you for taking the time to write that up. So the modes have to be completed and not just played right?

#15081 5 years ago

Ok got it it. Thanks guys. Ok one more question. When i am in multiball do all of my hits to the cross, snake, coffin, and sparky count toward ciu modes also?

#15083 5 years ago

Ok so technically speaking you could on your first multiball that you get just keep hammering away and hit the cross, snake, coffin, and sparky like 50 times each and which would be enough to start 4 CIU modes? Am i thinking right here or no?

I know that is an unlikely scenario but im just wondering what would happen if you did that?

#15085 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. All those extra hits don’t count for shit until you get out of your first CIU. Then they start to count again. Can’t hit them all 50 times then start 4 CIUs back to back to back.

Ok thats what i was afraid of. Damn you Lyman!

#15087 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If that was allowed, EOTL would be an easier wizard mode to reach than getting scared stiff.

Yeah i kinda knew the answer to the question but i just wanted to confirm it. I think i can do this though. It wont be easy but i think its doable.

#15093 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Dammit! Had one shot left for snake, and then could have started EOTL!!!
Man that stings!!!

Not cool!

#15096 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Got to my first EOTL. Despite the panic induced flailing and not knowing WTF was going on, I was able to collect the final jackpot. Is that essentially finishing the mode?

I would think so? What was your final score? Congrats

#15098 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Assuming it can be changed back easily though, should that be required.

What do you mean Paul?

#15100 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

The game settings, what’s required to achieve CIU, can be changed from the 1.80 defaults.

Yes you can change the CIU requirements.

#15106 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair enough. Combo champ was lowered to 10.
The biggest change is the coffin. Before if you hit the coffin 100 times you’d get two EBs.
Now for your same number of hits you’d get 4 EBs.

So coffin all day especially during multiball? Thats alot of bashing but might be worth it for 4.extra balls!

#15113 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

. Never liked final wizard modes that were only possible to reach for elite players.

It still isn't no cake walk trust me and you have to still be a pretty damn good player to get there. Ive been trying to get there for the last couple of nites and i cant get it yet. I think that im capable but its not gonna be easy that's for sure.

This game is way more fun now though that it was and i may even set it up to be a tad easier after i play it for awhile on the new code.

#15116 5 years ago

Looks cool!

1 week later
#15243 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I Cranked It up today and did pretty well considering a tight tilt and no EB's.
The new CIU mode software makes it very satisfying to play now. Many thanks Lyman.[quoted image]

Man you really blew it up good, nice game!

1 week later
#15373 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When a game becomes so much easier to complete then it sort of takes away that luster of reaching the end

The game still isn't easy to reach end of the line at all. Im not a great player but I'm definitely a decent player and i havent got to end of the line yet under the new code. Not saying i can't or wont but i haven't yet. Lyman is just trying to find middle ground for everyone and i think he's found it. Like others have said, you can adjust the game to your liking in 30 seconds so its not a big deal really.

#15374 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Same rules in my league but at home I play the shit out of those extra balls. I suck and I need them
[quoted image]

Thats exactly how i feel about the extra balls

#15386 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Went out and played some pinball on location today with the intent of playing MBR to help me decide if I really like to add it to my line up or not. Thought it was cool but just ok.
They have a MET pro there and I've walked by it many times before and never gave it a thought of playing it. Till today! Bad ass and seriously considering picking one up! Especially now that I've heard they will be no longer in production and a new code released!
I'd be buying NIB...any common concerns I should be aware of?

Pretty solid and trouble free game from everything i have seen and heard. The new code made the game much more fun so you would want to put that on it day one. MET is a great game. I would wait on Munsters though since its only a week away and see what it has to offer. Also IMDN is a bad ass game also. I personally like it better than MET but both are great games and you cant go wrong with either.

#15389 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could be a number of things. The way those wires are twisted around the circuit board, they sometimes break inside the insulation. Optos are cheap. I'd just cut the wire back a bit and put a new opto on and call it a day.

Those optos there actually come pre wired so all you gotta do is order a new opto from pinball life and put it on and plug it in. May as well order several of them while you are at it and have them on hand in case you need one. Those optos there are also transmitters and recievers both so they will work either way.

#15407 5 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

So I just had a small piece of the playfield chip off. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm going to start looking into it now but figured I start here. Has this happened to anyone else?
[quoted image]

You know i think i found a piece of chipped paint on mine the last time i cleaned my game but i couldn't find any chips anywhere. When i get up tomorrow im going to go over my game with a fine tooth comb. Buy some removable vinyl/mylar and cut out a little square and put over it and it should be fine. That does suck though.

#15408 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

who-dey, vireland, and lotr_breath thanks so much for the feedback. I was really hoping to find a quick fix just so I could gather more knowledge about fixing pin items. I'm ordering 4 just for good measures. Have a Happy New Year!

I had a opto on mine that was intermittently going out on Sparky and i didnt know which one it was so i just changed them both, problem solved.

#15418 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was about to buy a HUO pro, and a LE came up for sale. Had never played a Premium/LE, but decided to take a chance. The hammer is a cool little trick. The cross is meh after you see it a few times. The lighshow is where it's at though!
I still think though that the Pro is a solid game, and you can get the Total Lightshow kit if you wanted to.

What you talkin about Willis? That rising cross is bad as hell and it never gets old seeing it raise with the lights flashing all around it!

I think the Premium is well worth the extra money on MET but I also think that if money is an issue that the Pro is awesome also. Pinball doesn't get much better than MET no matter what model you own. Such a sweet game!

3 weeks later
#15533 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi all,
Sorry if this has been mentioned numerous times.
Stern website still has Premium and Pro Metallica listed for Sale.
Are they still making this Pin?
Cheers

I think that they have ended production on MET as far as i know. Still may be able to find some at distributors though.

#15545 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THEY FUCKING DIDNT PLAY BATTERY AND I CANT SLEEP OVER IT.

Lol

2 weeks later
#15688 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Does the Pro and Premium play different?

Both games are great. If money is not a problem then get a premium because the extras are well worth the upgrade imo. If you don't want to or cant spend the extra cash then get a pro and dont look back. You will be happy with either game because they both are just really good.

#15763 5 years ago

My ball ejects out of the ball trough so damn hard that its insane, sometimes hits the wooden rail and bounces backwards onto the playfield. Im afraid its going to damage something. Can a coil go bad and be too powerful?

#15765 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Something else is causing this. Show us some pictures of the hood where the ball exits the trough. Maybe a weld broke or something. Also maybe it’s possibly you have the wrong coil in the trough and it’s too strong. Has it done this from day one?

No it kinda seems like it started happening after the last code update but obviously its not related to that or everyone would be having the same issue. I will look at that eject hood tonight. Ive got to get it corrected whatever it is i know that much.

#15772 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Mine started doing it right after the code update too - it ejects from the trough and usually goes forward 8 inches or so before falling back down to the plunger. I've never looked into it.

Yep you got it Fezmid and occasionally mine biunces out onto the damn playfield even. Why would our games be doing that and not everyone elses? i dont like it even a little bit.

#15779 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just thought of this. Get this and see if it helps. Maybe some sticky felt on it too to help deaden the impact.
https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-ball-shooter-lane-kickout-protector-kit-for-stern-machines.html

I have a kickout protector but could stick a piece of ball dead drop foam on it and see if that helps, never thought about that. My biggest fear honestly is that it could damage the shooter lane. I dont really think it is hitting the shooter lane itself but it ckmes out so fast that its hard to tell. I do have a cliffy on there also so im probably ok as far as the shooter lane goes. Sure would be nice if there was a trough eject power adjustment on the game. I will try a oiece of ball dead drop foam though and report back later today. Good suggestion.

#15783 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re definitely having a mechanical issue. So inspect that trough area closely and see if anything is a miss. Even down where the ball rests on the kicker. Maybe something is down there causing it to sit cock eyed?

Will do tonight for sure. I think we are heading to pins mechanical in a few minutes so i wont be home until tonight.

#15791 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re definitely having a mechanical issue. So inspect that trough area closely and see if anything is a miss. Even down where the ball rests on the kicker. Maybe something is down there causing it to sit cock eyed?

I didnt see anything that looked broken or anything but i did put some ball dead drop foam on the kick out rail like you suggested and it really helped a lot, good suggestion!

This is just a small piece of foam and its hard to see how it sits in there but you cant let it go down very low or the ball will hit it when you plunge the ball so just put a small piece at the top of the rail and test it (with the game off) and cut it to the size you need. This really helped and makes me feel much better now about the trough ejects.
20190216_215148 (resized).jpg20190216_215148 (resized).jpg

#15794 5 years ago

I should have moved it forward toward the top of the playfield just a tad but its hitting it everytime still.

1 week later
#15881 5 years ago

Mine does it also

#15891 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Really? I have never seen this.

Yep. Mine has did it from day one. I just thought it was normal?

#15895 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

same here. I thought it was odd but it never affected the game so I didn't give it a second thought

So does this mean something is wrong with our game then?

#15898 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Just checked, my LE did the same thing.

Must be normal then i would think.

1 week later
#15975 5 years ago

That hammer definitely looks good on there!

1 week later
#16006 5 years ago

I recommend that if you are going to use mylar that you use the removable kind. It works fantastic and it peels up super easy if you ever want to remove it.

1 month later
#16219 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question, I adjusted the level of the pf slightly (2 full turns on both back legs) and now when I hit the grave markers, they don't drop.
Could a slight raise of pf cause this?

You probably need to tighten the springs by a few coils on the drop targets. Mine did the same thing and i took the spring off and stretched it tighter by a few coils and they work good again now.

#16224 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I recently took it all apart to fix the first target that was dropping as soon as the game started.
Everything was working perfectly until I changed the pitch. Now it is rarely going down. You have to hit the target three or four times before it goes down.
just seems strange that changing the pitch could affect this.

Just the little bit that you changed the pitch wouldn't so that i am sure if it. It also sounds like the ball is hitting the targets hard and just bouncing/bricking off of them. That sounds like the springs dont have enough tension on them to me. You can take the springs and maybe stretch them out about 5-8 coils and that should do it i bet.

#16230 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

After waxing, my drop targets usually don't drop because of the speed but eventually does enough to work. Would you recommend making this adjustment in this situation?

I have actually experienced what you are saying so thats a good point i guess but i just dont see how raising the pitch so little like that could make that happen. Ive been wrong before though, it wouldn't be the first time and certainly wont be the last either.

#16247 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Try taking measurements at different areas of pf like at flippers or up top.

Ive noticed that it changes also from top to bottom. Are you supposed to put it in the top, bottom, or middle?

#16265 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Curious..... How many people own this machine and are not a huge
Metallica fan?
Me being one of them.
Love the premium!

No Metallica fan here either but i own a premium model because the game is just too great to ignore. I dont even pay any attention to the music while i am playing so it doesn’t bother me. I only like two or three songs from them.

#16267 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My understanding the angle desired 6.5-6.7 should have same
readings all over the play field. By, flippers, upper most area of
pf , middle, and leftside n rightside.

Seems like it would be the same angle but it isnt. That always kinda made me wonder why but im too lazy to give it much thought and try to understand why.

1 week later
#16297 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents + Gals,
Are Stern likely to build a Metallica Vault Edition?
You guys are so lucky in USA
Over in UK these pins are rare as rocking horse shit

I would bet money that we will see a Vault Edition Metallica game someday. The game is very good and there would probably be people that couldn't pass them up if they made them again in a couple of years.

#16322 4 years ago

I'm giving my MET some long overdue love tonight for a change. This game is so so good. Not a huge fan of the band but im definitely a big fan of the game. The CIU modes are so much fun and exciting!

1 month later
#16492 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a setting to dim the back box lighting when you star a game like IMDN has?

Nope

4 weeks later
#16587 4 years ago

I wish there was a how to video of someone changing one of these out. Whats the best way to heat it up, a hair dryer or what?

3 months later
#16924 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just finished up my speaker mod. Made these with my printer. They have a red led at the power button and each speaker has 6 Smt leds and flashes with the corresponding ramp shot. I think they turned out fantastic
[quoted image]

That's bad ass!

#16927 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Full PF shot[quoted image]

Beautiful game. I gotta get some of those green plastic protectors.

3 weeks later
#17017 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I use a different approach, I usually shoot for the right orbit and then let the ball dead bounce off my flippers and it goes right in.

Mine doesnt do that.

#17019 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This may sound like a super silly question, but I cant seem to hit the mystery scoop with any sort of consistency whatsoever, its almost always pure luck. How do you guys approach this shot?

Its a tough shot for sure but i tell ya one thing, nothing feels better than having a good CIU mode going and you hit that shot on the left to double your multiplier and then you instantly bang it into the mystery scoop and cash out for big points! Thats pure awesomeness there now.

#17021 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I hear Sandman playing now and Metallica calling my name. Who-Dey because of you I got to go play some now. Happy New Year.

I would recommend for whom the bell tolls or sad but true personally.

#17026 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

this game just isnt getting old to me, love it.

Im not much of a fan of Metallicas music at all but this game is so good that i dont see any way that i could ever get rid of it. Its easily one of the greatest pinball machines ever made i think.

#17040 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

. Ive been twerking

Ok ok hoby......too much informatiin!!

P.S. Sorry I had to do that, I couldn't resist.

#17044 4 years ago

Lol that's awesome. Sorry again lol. I've been working alot and I'm half slap happy and for some odd reason (cause I'm a child maybe?) I just had to do it. Please dont hate me.

#17045 4 years ago

There was your chance to get me back hoby when I said "I've been WORKING alot" lol. You blew a great opportunity buddy!

#17048 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I thought about asking this question myself. It seems by luck and I have Titan rubber. You not the only one.

I think the mystery scoop is an easier shot than the little side shot on the left of the playfield where u get your multiplier up. I cant hit that for nothing seems like.

#17061 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

you just got that one? it looks SICK!!!!!!!!!!! post more pics! haha

It is definitely sick. It's one of the best looking MET Pros you will ever see.

#17063 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Someone at stern had a brain fart when they built this game. Three diodes were flipped or they put the wire on the wrong side of the diode. Was getting annoying starting multiball on drains

Did you just get it NIB?

#17065 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

you'd expect to to be caught during QC.

Ha! They have NO quality control. They prove that constantly.

#17069 4 years ago

So I came home from work last night and I just felt like playing pinball after a rough day. I chose MET since my buddy (multiballmaniac) just got one and we have been talking about it alot. Like someone said a few posts back, I had forgotten just how great this game really is.

I ended up playing like 3 hours and flat out got addicted and couldn't stop playing. I feel like I need some counseling for addiction right now. I haven't had that much fun playing pinball in a long time

My MET is 100% bolted to the floor forever so to everyone out there that knows me, dont even ask because it's never going to be for sale! This game is absolutely a freaking masterpiece and one of the best pinball machines ever made. Its gotta be a top 10 game of all time for sure. Cant wait to play again tomorrow!

#17085 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm looking for a HUO Metallica pro.
What is with this GAP (Great American Pinball) on prices? They are out of Chicago area. Every time I see a GAP machine listed it's price is ridiculously high? Check this out...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87471
For this price, you would think they could have included a color LCD at the very least!

Man hes going for the kill with that price isnt he?

#17088 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I hope it stays in the top 10. It keeps slipping with all the new games coming out and Elwin bandwagons.

The Elwin games may be putting a hurting on it staying in the top 10 for sure buy hey even if it's a top 20 game that's pretty awesome right?

#17096 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Who cares if you're going to own a MET one day? Doesn't allow u to be a d'bag in here man

Well he didnt go into the for sale thread and shit on it so to me it's not that big of a deal. I shit on it too for the simple reason I've never seen a 8K used pro. It might cost you that much to do all of that to a new game I dont know but as we all know you dont get new money back on mods. That is a pretty crazy price seems like to me. It definitely made me do a double take and put a weird look on my face.

#17103 4 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

So funny to here people on here that only play a few times a week,,,, I can’t hardly stand being away from my Met ! I didn’t buy mine to stare at in a corner or save it for years to sell later !! Just funny to me

How many games have you put on yours?

#17107 4 years ago

Think I'm at 800-900. Hope to put a lot more on it soon.

#17109 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I feel bad w/ my measly 300 plays or so, but other pins are getting worked over.

No reason to feel bad, it'll be there waiting and ready to go whenever you want to start playing it. It's a great game, you should spend some time on it.

#17121 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I remember going to Gatlinburg TN about this time last year with my wife to visit my father in laws cabin. This was our first visit since the first cabin had burned down in the fire a few years back. It was going to be very special for us, we were going to go hiking with the dogs, enjoy the sun and mid 50s predicted that week. Instead, the forecast changed, rain the entire weekend... No worries, It will still be amazing, ill find something to do. I was REALLY into retro gaming so on a whim i googled "retro gaming stores gatlinburg". Went to a place that was pretty cool (cant remember the name) and ended up purchasing on old used sega genesis and copy of mortal kombat 2 . It was still early, so back to google.... find a place called "Gatlinburg Pinball Museum".... pinball? meh... but they have TONS of epic video games!!!! they sell all day wristbands for 15 bucks to play anything.... sounds a LITTLE high to me, but im ok with it. Wife and I go in, and I see pinball machines. Arcades were all over too, but those pinball machines, they stood out, big time.
This is way too much rambling, the above is true, im slightly intoxicated, long story short I fully converted from arcade to pinball because of this machine, and will soon be purchasing my second pinball machine

Cant believe your wife's Dad has a cabin in Gatlinburg! That right there alone was a good reason to marry her!

#17123 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Its a nice perk thats for sure.
On another note, when starting multiball im always getting distracted and staring up at the physical pic target shots to make sure I get them all for add a ball.
Last night I realized..... the pics are also represented as flashing lights down at the flippers..... lol I've owned the game since early summer, and never knew.

Yes sir they sure are. Isnt MET a great game? You do have the newest code on yours dont you? 1.8 I think it is?

#17126 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

1.8 indeed, and this game is a no regret purchase that’s for sure. I’m sure to most you guys this is just another Saturday night, but a very nice score for me . What a rush.[quoted image]

That's not just another Saturday night bro, you blew it up! Nice game!

#17132 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I have yet to see end of the line, cant wait. I assume it just kind of starts once you get through 4 crank it ups?

Yes. I think you gotta hit the scoop again to start it best I remember? I only been there once and I cheated to get there.

#17137 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hey all, I purchased this Cemetery mod from Hoby1 on Pinside. I just installed it. Wow, what a cool mod and super easy to install. And very good quality.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Hoby1 is a good guy and very particular. Anything he does is going to be top notch!

#17180 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The printers running ...[quoted image]

That is very cool!

1 week later
#17239 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

$3 part and $12 shipping. It's the shipping that will cost you.

That's just wrong.

#17241 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

However, I also read that one person called Stern and Stern sent out another board and a return label for their old one. I just figured I’d fix it myself and save myself the hassle.

I just read somewhere that Stern wont semd out anymore parts now. You have to go thru your distributor and they will send the part there and then the distributor will send it to you. So dumb

#17244 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Dumb is having a distributor that doesn't do anything....

Well if you want to wait two weeks on your parts instead of two days then thats ok i guess. I would rather my game only be down two days personally though.

1 month later
#17317 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If ive said it once ive said it 1000 times, but damn do I love this game. After having a chance to play more and more games I simply cannot find one as fun as Metallica.

It really is a great pin. I'm so glad that I got one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
7,600 (OBO)
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.