51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11246 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

One of my first mods when I receive my Metallica Premium will be adding a shaker motor. I see that Stern and a lot of third parties sell them. Are they all the same or are some better than others?

This may seem like a newbie question but what is exactly is a shaker motor for? I mean I figure that it is supposed to shake a specific toy on the playfield like Sparky in Metallica but doesn't the machine do that already anyways being stock? Or do you have to actually purchase and install a shaker motor to get the Sparky toy to shake and if you don't then it doesn't shake when the mode is activated because it doesn't come with a stock shaker motor?

#11249 6 years ago

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking of Metallica Premium and I would probably want that feature for it as long as it doesn't cause any vibration damage to the cabinet or components over time. I guess that would be the only concern that I have but I guess these games are designed for that.

#11252 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice when I do get one I'm definitely going to put one in. I think I may place an add for an LE. I haven't seen any for sale for awhile but I'll see what happens. I've never cared about the rarity of LEs but I really like the artwork much better on the Metallica LE.

#11257 6 years ago

Yeah that actually does look really good. Maybe I will get a NIB premium. I didn't think that there would be any NIBs left but I'll look into it and see what kind of a deal I could get. Maybe have them throw in the stern shaker with it. I really wish that I could have more than just three pinballs at a time. I don't have a dedicated room for my machines.

#11276 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have a Refinery Edition Premium, and it is incredible. I would imagine you canstill order one from Pinball Refinery as long as they can get the NIB machines. It is the same artwork since it is the Premium, but it looks really nice with that purple armor.
This is the only pic I can find at the moment. I really need to take some pics of the gameroom in the new house one of these days.
[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/pcolson/media/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg.html][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/pcolson/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I'm glad you told me about the Refinery Metallicas. I've been looking at the Refinery Edition Premium. I'm seriously thinking of getting one but just weighing the cost of it. I looked at their website and the quote is over $9000 with the mods that I selected. I probably don't need to say That's a lot of money for most people. Since you got one recently does that price sound about right? Also, could you let me know where the refinery games are located. I was just wondering if I would be able to go pick it up if I bought one. I had a bad shipping experience before and would prefer not to ship if possible. Thanks.

1 week later
#11314 6 years ago
Quoted from davids1024:

I just bout a Metallica Premium last week from CoinTaker, they had it in stock

Do you know if they have another Premium? I want to get one soon just trying to decide if I want to do the Refinery Edition or not.

#11324 6 years ago

Does anyone have the Pingraffix Metallica PowerBladez installed on their Metallica? The ones with the electro-luminisoity. I'm going to be ordering a premium soon probably with refinery and I would like to have that mod in my game instead of the standard decal side art. I've seen the youtube videos and they look great but would just like to hear from some who currently have it in their game.

#11342 6 years ago

Is it possible to change the songs that are on the Metallica machine? If there a is a song you want to add is there a way to do that or do you only have the songs that it comes with from the factory?

#11349 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

IDK if you stumbled on my thread, but I've mapped out everything I added to my Pinball Refinery MET Pro. You are correct, it does get wicked expensive if you go crazy like I did. Maybe the link will help you decide.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-nib-met-led-pro-pinball-refinery-edition-22

HoakyPoaky, Hey thanks for sending me that link. I have been doing a lot of research on the Metallica Premium and the MI Refinery editions but no I hadn't seen your thread before. I've been on the fence for a bit now but I think that I've been persuaded to go ahead and do it. These machines are beautiful and the videos of them operating are very impressive to say the least. I never considered Metallica until I played it at a pinball arcade. Despite there being 20 other titles and many of them A list I found myself returning to Metallica over and over again and I put the most money in that one by far.
Now I have to break the news to my wife that not only do I want a new Pinball machine but this one will cost over $9000! Oh yeah and that doesn't include shipping. Everyone wish me luck. I've known I wanted this one for awhile now but the wife factor has been making me hesitate. Fortunately I did just sell my Addams Family so we do have the space and the money from that one will help cover the costs.

#11352 6 years ago

Ok so now I've been hearing about potential playfield issues with Metallaca? Does anybody have any info on this as to what they are and which ones are likely to have them? Or if it something that is really a non-issue. There doesn't seem to be too many people mentioning this for Metallica compared to others like Ghostbusters but I want to make sure. I'm getting ready to purchase a NIB Metallica Premium soon and don't want any negative surprises.

8 months later
#13200 6 years ago

Does anyone have any insight on whether Stern will do yet another run of Metallica Premiums? I'm finally in a position to where I'm able to purchase one and get the whole refinery edition done but of course now everyone seems to be sold out on the NIB. I'm hoping I can still get one.

#13206 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

As of a few weeks ago, Automated and Tilt Amusements had them available, but were charging full MSRP (like $7,600) because they are no longer being made. I didn’t bite at that price. Jason at Classic Game Rooms told me there might be another small run of Premiums, but it’s not currently on Stern’s
Production schedule—no guarantees. If IMDN demand is huge, that could mean another MET Prem run is less likely. Maybe I’ll wait for the vault with a—hopefully—more reliable hammer mech/magnet board!

Yeah $7600 is a bit much especially since I could have gotten one not long ago from cointaker for $6800 delivered. Cointaker said they have an order in for 10 more if Stern makes them again so I guess I'll just wait and see if that comes through and if not then I'm sure some nice HUOs will pop up from time to time.

2 months later
#13871 5 years ago

Does anyone have any info on where Stern is at with the new Premiums being shipped out to distributors? In the beginning of June I paid in full for a Premium and Still have no idea on when I'll get it. I'm patient and I know Stern is busy but I was just wondering if they have sent any out yet at all or if someone knows when they expect to.

#13877 5 years ago

If you hear something then please let me know if you don't mind. I've got a lot of money tied up waiting for an MI Refinery Premium and would like to have an idea on when I can expect it. I can wait if its going to be August or September even. I'm definitely going to wait as I love Metallica but I just wanted to make sure that they are indeed going to be made again. It sounds like they are just a matter of when.

1 month later
#14156 5 years ago

At this point now does anyone have any reliable information on whether Stern has been manufacturing this new run of Premiums? I've paid in full for one four months ago to get the Refinery version done and there is still no idea on when they will come. But I have read some other posts here where people are saying they just got their nib met premium. Is that from the new run just made or from pre existing nibs that were left over?
I can wait a bit longer but I'm starting to wonder if they will be made after all or if Stern will decide that they are just too busy with all of the new games and not do this last run of Metallica premiums.

1 month later
#14479 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Bought a NIb premium. The gi flickers whenever a coil fires. Any ideas?

Make sure that the bulbs are tight. I had the same problem with my Aerosmith and I just tightened the bulbs and they're fine now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
7,600 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=shelby1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.