IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5803 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

For you LE and Premium owners. Does your hammer 'bounce' when it activates? The hammer on my game goes down, comes up a bit and then goes down again. Last year I experimented with different spring tensions on the coil assembly, but that did not help. Has anyone found a solution for this?
Rob

Met Pro.

(jk)

I actually think the bounce would be an improvement - it would enhance the hammer effect.

3 weeks later
#6063 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He got pissed and split. Sad because he had far more pinball knowledge on tbis site than anyone.

I think it's also sad that people can get pissed off about pinball.

#6130 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is there anything important that I'm missing? I can't believe how quickly the mods add up on this game!

Maybe add an adaptor for the 12v DC power source, so you have an easy way to connect power to the multiple mods.

#6134 8 years ago

I was thinking of something simpler, but whatever works.

3split-600x600_(resized).jpg3split-600x600_(resized).jpg

#6167 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Or you could do what the rest of us have done if fully functional spinners matter to you.
Buy the premium!

An interesting idea.

But then you'd have to factor in the cost of removing that butt ugly stupid hammer.

#6179 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know if most people set theirs like this and yes you get much less pop bumper time.
In multiball is the biggest diff as auto launches go through the orbit to the left flipper, try it out for a bit and give some feedback.

I'm a convert. I've played it with both settings, and I prefer when the post is disabled.

I didn't think I would like the game different from factory, but I'm convinced - the game is just a lot better without the post.

#6186 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's easy. Adding the cost to remove this feature = $0. Handful of screws to remove the hammer assembly and then a couple of adjustments to turn it off in the code to function like a pro.

You're forgetting the extra $1000 just for the opportunity to remove it.

#6191 8 years ago

It's the approximate cost savings of a game that already comes without the hammer.

1 week later
#6328 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I was also torn on a MET Pro vs Premium for a NIB.
I played a MET Pro for about a year in a barcade and just loved the thing & almost bought it from the barcade manager.
Then made a 60 mile special trip to another barcade just to try out a Premium (never played one before) and the GI lighting sold me on it, as well as the other additional stuff.
I agree with you on that awkward size of the hammer, may replace it down the line.

I was just the opposite. Played an LE for about two years on location. Then played a Pro and was amazed at the difference. I thought it was way better. To me, removing the hammer was a surprising improvement.

It's hard to explain, but the Pro, was faster, cleaner, and more fun. I'm convinced that that the hammer blocks the view and interrupts the game.

The Pro wasn't about the cost, either. With all the mods I have into the Pro (total lightshow, spinner, purple armor, updated sound...) I paid more than a stock NIB Premium.

For me, the extra money I spent improved the game with features I wanted, rather than having the Hammer, etc. I paid for it, but I got what I feel is a better game for the money.

I know many owners love the hammer. I'm not one of them. Glad there are two great versions of Metallica so everybody is happy.

#6338 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The Hammer does not block the view. That is a mute point and has been for a few years now.

Whatever you can't see because the hammer is front of is blocked.

Perhaps you think whatever it is behind the hammer is not important to see

I didn't notice how much better it was to see the captive ball without the non-blocking hammer until I played a Pro.

Some like the hammer, I get it. But it blocks something just by being on the playfield. It isn't "see-through."

#6372 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So was it a money decision or gameplay decision?

For me it was gameplay. I spent the same cash as a premium with mods. I think the Pro feels and plays better without the hammer.

#6400 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's the only "speed" difference shots in the games and the pro snake slows the game more than the hammer.

Bonking into a closed snake jaw slows the ball more than the speed it ejects from the snake.

The premium is not a bad game at all. In fact it's a great game. Actually, it's a fantastic game.

(pro is better though)

#6423 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and "the pin" was the best version of transformers, nay, the best pinball machine released ever!

brilliant argument.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.