51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rottenrobert1313.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5392 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone who puts any other songs then ones made by Metallica on the machine should have it physically removed out of their possession and their asses kicked. Thats just wrong. There's a guy on YouTube who put Led Zeppelin songs on their MET pinball - you might as well call that machine Cait Jenner pinball now.

I'm going to be picking me up a pro in the near future and there are a few songs from Metallica that are way over played on the radio. Enter sandman is a song that I just can't listen to anymore. And I'm a huge Metallica fan. Own everything they've put out. So....I'm going to more then likely change some tracks but, they will be replaced with other Metallica songs.

1 week later
#5558 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Metallica will be my first NIB.
Just mailed off my check a few days ago.
Can't wait!!!!!

Me too! Dropped my check for a pro. Funny thing...when I got in my jeep to head to post office. Turned on the radio and enter sandman came on. It was a sign. Lol. Super stoked to get my first NIB.

1 week later
#5708 8 years ago

Most of my upgrades have arrived. Still waiting on my Cliffy's but other then that I'm done....for now. Lol. I'm going to get the color DMD but decided to let my bank account recover for a bit. So two things to get...Cliffy's and most importantly the game.

The anticipation is killing me.

20160118_125545_(resized).jpg20160118_125545_(resized).jpg

#5712 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh just wait till you hook up that sub with the Pinnovators board. Your neighbors are gonna call the cops.

Lol. My neighbors are kinda stuck up. Maybe when they hear it they will relax and will want their own.

#5713 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Don't forget to play some pinball!

Oh I won't. Been playing the crap out of my games. And I'm on the way to pinball petes to get my Metallica game on.

#5718 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Besides the big obvious stuff I can see, what else is on that table? Like the white tube, and the letters in the bag. Just curious. Might wanna get some Titan silicone rings, and toss the stock black rubber. Since I switched my playfield don't get so damn dirty quick. Enjoy your game.

The letters in the bag spell "Cliff" and go on the cross. The tube is actually mylar to put down on the edge of the playfield hole where the balls drian. Titan huh? It never ends does it? Lol. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

#5720 8 years ago
Quoted from sheetz_freak1:

Pay it forward opportunity!
I recently purchased a mystery hole protector (the one that Marco sells) and due to lack of reading I didn't realize it was for premium/LE only. My loss is your gain here? Do you have a premium/LE and want a protector? It's yours and I'll even cover shipping to the states (sorry northern neighbors)

Pretty cool of you. I have a pro coming for me. I'm sure someone would appreciate it.

#5734 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Yeah, can I get a list of everything you have ordered here? I am waiting for mine to arrive as well and want to get ahead of the game on protection and upgrades as well!

No problem. Sorry I don't have the website links.

Shooter lane, drop switch roll overs and mystery scoop... Cliffy's

Plastic protectors...from Marco and sparky from Rickwh.

Mylar for magnets, buttons...pinball life

New balls...pinball life

Shaker....pinball life

Sub...amazon

Sub hook up kit...pinnovators

Gels for fuel...mezel mods

Target splints...mezel mods

Snake fangs...mezel mods

Snake tongue sticker...mexel mods

"Cliff" for grave marker...pinball life

#5735 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

For the mylar, are you talking about all the bare wood back in there and cover with the mylar, or just around the edges? Apron removal obviously correct? I have a few full sheets of mylar I could use I have had for awhile. Let me know the process to doing it.

14532448044492129752641_(resized).jpg

Yes, thats another spot I hope to protect. Over kill? Maybe, but I'm ok with the extra precaution

1 month later
#6331 8 years ago

Got word this morning that my Metallica Pro is ready for shipment. Super excited.

#6357 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is it coming directly from Stern? If so, that's great news. It means the line is moving again. I'm waiting for a MET pro myself.

I believe so. My distributor needed my address yesterday and today I got a call from a shipping company to set drop off time. So.....tomorrow it is.

#6381 8 years ago

Mine is here.
A few minor switch adjustments and it plays great.

20160311_133605_(resized).jpg20160311_133605_(resized).jpg

20160311_163733_(resized).jpg20160311_163733_(resized).jpg

20160311_163751_(resized).jpg20160311_163751_(resized).jpg

#6398 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Still check the I/O board transistor.
Keep in mind if you repair the "little black box", the transistor in this board could burn again.
Don't turn off the power with the coin door open.
Make sure the 50v line is engaged before shutting off the power.

Quoted from gweempose:

Has this issue been addressed in the newer runs?

I did this to my game last night. (Had the game one day) I knew better and had the door open. Shut game off and freaked out. I was pissed at myself. Turned game on and went to coil test. All is fine. Wow talk about relief. So.....maybe they fixed it??? Or I was lucky. Not really sure.

#6407 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It depends on the production date of your machine.
Newer machines built in 2015 have the updated step up PCB for Sparky and wire harness.
Eliminates potential lock on for this coil.
Original Pro/Premium/LE games (circa 2013-2014) have the old step up PCB with no 20v line input.
If the coil "burns" Stern is still providing support, as they finally recognized the vulnerability.

That's good to know. Thanks black knight.

3 weeks later
#6649 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Makes sense. Strange. So I guess my only option is to take the entire snake mechanism out so I can get to the switch to fix the arm and straighten it?

I wouldn't think you would have to. When I adjusted mine. I just removed the switch from the side of scoop. Two small screws. Should be able to do the same. If arm is bent...straighten. if arm is broke...replace it. If switch is bad...solder on a new one. And reinstall.

1 month later
#7120 7 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Finally got my game Monday! Big thanks to John Dayhuff for helping me lug it down my basement.

Congrats! Finally the long wait is over.

#7138 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

16 pins and new to hobby?
Magnets aside, you seem well into this hobby to me!
Nice!

My thoughts exactly. Took me close to three years to get up to the 12 I have.

#7157 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What version are you playing? Nothing happens when I do this.

It's not exactly "instant info" as one might think. You need to hold a flipper and give it a few seconds then you can let it scroll through all the info or if you're like me, you'll use the other flipper to flip through all of the info screens while still holding first flipper. For a quicker look. Hope that helps

4 months later
#8624 7 years ago

Anyone know when the color dmd's will be back in stock for Metallica??? I couldn't find any contact info on the website to ask.

#8630 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

A ColorDMD newsletter email was sent the other day. It said they were expecting LCD displays by the end of October.
Also, if you have the metal speaker panel, be sure to check the box for the shield/standoffs (+$24). They are needed.

Thanks sparky. That kinda sucks but glad to hear that they're coming soon.

1 week later
#8670 7 years ago

Color DMD's in stock. Order placed.

3 months later
#9460 7 years ago

Well after accidentally starting a two player game I decided to play it out.

And by doing so I have a new GC score. Player2 for the win. Lol. Completed 4 crank it up modes and had the "score" crank it up lit on last ball. Closest I've come to end of the line.

After ball one:
20170208_101833 (resized).jpg20170208_101833 (resized).jpg
20170208_103406 (resized).jpg20170208_103406 (resized).jpg

#9462 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It looks kinda like player 1 let you win

Well lets just say he kinda gave up after ball one.

#9628 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I would like to point out, don't be too gentle! You need to have the apron on it. Just hold the center of the apron and don't be scared to give it a firm shove to get it seated.

This is what I do. Except I hold the posts/support rails and shove the playfield in and drop on lock down receiver.

Not sure if its been posted or not but watch this vid Korn and see if it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=zbPfhWfuLlY

5 months later
#11313 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, I own a Met pro. Tonight my wife and I were playing in tournament mode and she drained the ball SDTM and she had both flippers up. The ball was cruising and it immediately kicked out the next ball into the shooter lane (no delay). It was my turn but my chosen song wasn't playing. It played Kirks solo from Phantom Lord off Kill 'em All. We were a little confused as to how it happened and what was going on. After 15-20 seconds it switched to seek and destroy. Anyone had this happen. We haven't been able to reproduce it.

Thats odd. Did it give her the bonus on the display? I wonder if the ball that drianed was moving so fast that the balls in the trough acted like newton balls and popped the last one into shooter lane??? Then the game got confused??? Seems unlikely, but who knows? Strange things happen.

#11320 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It acted like that (a newton ball) but switched players. After playing Kirks solo it switched to seek and destroy (not the song I chose) and switched to my player. I assume it was some combo that the coders put in to do this...like an Easter egg...but we can't reproduce it. Only way we knew what was being played is because my wife is such a metal head she recognized the song.

Sounds more like a bug or glitch then a easter egg. Very strange.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rottenrobert1313.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=rottenrobert1313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.