Topic Stats

• 17,312 posts
  • 965 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg
7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg
166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9571 (resized).JPG
IMG_9559 (resized).JPG
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
20200205_182932 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129202541 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204549 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204401 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204337 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
043F87DF-794F-4F00-AE21-B51F6F34A971 (resized).jpeg
b8c0f2e2465930d6fe917697e219f84bae3d1b6e.jpeg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I never use the Volume contoller. Just leave it in the box. It only reduces input to cab speaker. Which is not needed IMO. More bass the better.

This shows a misunderstanding of how the volume control works.

If you think "more bass the better", then you *need* the volume control.

While you are correct that it only reduces input to the cabinet (main) speakers, it does not reduce the volume to the subwoofer. Turning down the volume controller allows you to turn UP the volume on the machine, which in turn increases the bass to the subwoofer (without making the overall sound level too high). In other words it allows you to be able to better blend the bass with the treble.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Headphones, headphones, headphones...night and day the way you will play with a good set of over ear headphones
Stock amplifier will play good headphones 10x louder then you could ever turn the game volume up..

True, but bass will never be as good with headphones, so it's a tradeoff.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

It is ONLY in line with the cabinet speakers.

Correct.

Now think about that.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Try a pair of dr Dre beats pro... Love them. Expensive but good

I have quality Sennheisers. Some cans are better at bass than others but what I said above still holds true: bass will not be as good with cans.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Great brand I have three different sets but the maestro model one is very good. Have one of there super high end ones I use for music and movies when I went to listen loud. My garage blocks sound well but I am tempted to get the headphone kit in my mople.
Really cool synopsis swampfire the dots look like such a leap up from Avengers I'm wondering if they hired someone new or Avengers was rushed out the door.

I've been wanting to try a headphone kit for awhile now. Got to bite the bullet soon!

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

There is actually another rule in the AFM hurry ups that I didn't know about until I saw Lyman himself exploit it at a tournament. In AFM there are 4 hurry ups. Normally you would score a hurry up right after starting it to get the max points. But in AFM if you can start all 4 before scoring any (you must do this before the timer runs out but the timer is pretty long) then when you do get all four running and score it (by shooting the saucer) get a 1 BILLION BONUS.
To succeed at this in AFM you would get all 4 hurry ups one shot away from starting, start them all one at a time while avoiding the saucer, then shoot the saucer for the BILLION.
Lets hope something like this will be in Metallica.
Parker

Yep, and you obviously immediately go straight to Total Annihilation when you do this. I was one single shot away from getting the 1 billion hurry up 2 days ago and drained.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

xmen blew metallica out of the water on hype and anticipation

Quoted from bowz:

Yeah-unfortunately X-Men then came out and just plain blew.

Agreed on both counts!

1 week later
#391 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Metallica hater! I saw your "1" rating...

But he rates WOZ a perfect 10.0!

4 months later
#489 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

That said, I find it has long ball times. The balls never seem to go out the outlane.

I wish I had this "problem".

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Or just buy the kit from Pinbits. For 20 bucks you can't go wrong.
While you're there. Get the plastic protectors too.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_74&zenid=6kqf1g2o0gdf93aiiv7mqjhcs3

What's strange about that kit is the fact that they are selling 5 replacement LED boards, when really only 4 are needed, since one of the colors is white (which the stock one already is).

#501 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It's actually a Warm White, to simulate yellow, since yellow LED's usually suck.

Negative.

They specifically list yellow as a separate color. This is supposed to be white. It's right next to the yellow one.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Oops, my bad. I have this mod, I just don't remember the colors well. The white is still a warm white though, so you want to swap out that board anyway.

No I don't.

I'd much prefer a cool white in that slot over a warm white. I might buy this kit, but if I do, I won't be replacing that particular LED board.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Okay, do whatever you want, I don't really care.

lol

Nothing personal. It's personal taste obviously. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that prefer the warm white over the cool white.

I'm just not one of them.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Was talking to friend about this game and where Stern have really scored a home run is by having call outs by the band members, unlike ACDC.
Presumably the band wanted to get involved which is why.
I hope the next music pin has call outs by band members - makes for a much more authentic experience - even if not a fan of group.
Code update, getting closer by the day....

I agree. I mean I know that some of the call outs aren't great, but to be honest, I'm more forgiving just because I know it's really them. I think it's pretty cool that they got so involved in the pin.

2 months later
#623 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I have a Pro. Anybody have an issue with the Mystery scoop not awarding? One in about every 20 shots to the lit scoop will result in the ball being ejected but the award not given. No big deal, just was confused that the ball gets ejected, so the game knows the ball is in there. Just doesn't always give the reward.

Yes, I had this same issue. You need to go in and adjust the switch that is in the scoop. It isn't registering properly. Bend it a bit to make sure that the ball will trigger the switch when it falls in the scoop.

I didn't think this was the issue originally due to the fact that the ball is being ejected, which led me to think that the switch had to be working. How else would it know to eject the ball? Still don't have the answer to that, but once I adjusted the switch, it has worked perfect ever since.

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sorry for the dumb question but what does is matter if post is plastic or metal. How does it improve the problem? I disabled mine because I gotso sick of it. Thanks

No idea why it works, but it does.

7 months later
#1016 5 years ago

CIU is definitely where the majority of points are.

Had a really good game tonight, still not my best score (it was just over 500 million prior to the latest code update):

photo.JPG
#1027 5 years ago

I heard a "Super Chicken Dinner" or something like that when I played last night. lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
$ 25.50
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside