Topic Stats

• 16,816 posts
  • 945 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Viggin900
  • Topic is favorited by 357 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,849 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg
20190912_083330 (resized).jpg
20190912_083321 (resized).jpg
2905F0AD-0501-43A0-BA96-25707AD54169 (resized).jpeg
6C64922E-247F-47D9-9FD4-5F66DE05ADED (resized).jpeg
IMG_2749 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.11.33 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15676 8 months ago
Quoted from ED-209:

Thanks so much for the help and info. I watched several other videos and read a lot of threads. I think what was shying me away from the LCD is I watched a video of it really up close and while it looked good in Hi Def, I wasn’t sold on it, but then I watched another couple of videos that had it at a distance and OMG, yeah I’m sold, so I went ahead and got an LCD, the extra standoff since I’m getting one of the newer LED ones with the metal back box and I also got that stretch gasket (Vireland’s) from the ColorDMD site. I couldn’t believe how fast it shipped, I was thinking it would take a week or so but it’s showing to be here tomorrow, WOW.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it can easily get crazy. I just like to get some mods, protection but don’t want to overload it unless I just really like it. So far I’m getting the below:
-Mantis Scoop Protector (Still might get a Cliffy or two but prefer the hidden protectors).
-Pinbits Protectors (For all the plastics and the extra Sparky airball protector).
-Mezel Mods Fangs & Gel Inserts (Had to have the fangs and figured I’d try out the gel inserts. I would have gotten the other gel insert that has the bracket but Mezel’s, while it’s just gel sheets, came with the green fuel stand up inserts.
-Marcospecialties Mylar (Read a few threads that the Ironman Mylar circles works perfect for both of the magnets (Sparky and Cross).
-ColorDMD LCD (Got the gasket and extra standoffs too. Talk about fate, the day after I ordered it, ColorDMD releases updated code, it’s a sign man LOL).
-Pinball Life Feet, Kickout Protector (Have rubber feet on my others and a lot of recommendations to install this small metal piece on the kickout shooter lane).
Future Mods
-PinGraffix 3D Snake Mod - I think they are going to have an updated version out soon since they are currently sold out.
-External Sub - The Polk one that everyone raves about on Amazon. Keeping an eye to see if\when the price drops. I would love to use this for my MMR and Metallica but I am not sure where it would sit as a lot of pics I’ve seen have it under one machine, but if it is shared between two, do you leave it under one or put it between the two? Any advice is appreciated.
-Mezel Mods Sparky Wires - Still up in the air on this and whether to get the one wire or two, not a must have just yet.
-Shaker Motor - Still up in the air on this as I have one on my MMR and while it’s nice, just not a necessity just yet. If I get it, was going to get Pinball Life’s version but then I saw that service bulletin from Stern that says any use of a non-Stern shaker, voids your warranty, so still pondering this.
- Mirror or Side Blades - Not sure about this as I did try to get some for my MMR but the tolerances on my machine were so tight, one ramp even touches the cabinet, that I ended up returning it rather than trying to install and ruining it. Still not sold on these yet either but maybe eventually.
I think that covers me for mods and I am cut off for a while as my MMR was supposed to be the only pin I got for now but since they stopped making Metallica’s, my amazing, beautiful and awesome wife gave me the blessing

Thanks and it’s on my future mods list.
Thanks again everyone for all the congrats, advice and help. It’s amazing how slow time goes by when waiting for your pin to ship LOL
Take care everyone

in my opinion the shaker is awesome on Met for many reasons. The 3D snake mod is also great, and would recommend a full Cliffy set if u don't already have one....

#15687 8 months ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Does the Pro and Premium play different?

yes and no....same lay out, ramps, etc...the biggest difference is the coffin lock, hammer, snake, spinners, and light show.....I've had both and really liked both games

#15742 8 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Has anyone bought the Laseriffic topper for Metallica? As far as I've been able to tell, their topper is the only one that seems to be available commercially now. It's a little pricier than most of their other toppers. I was curious whether it is game-interactive at all, or if it's just a lighted topper whose colors can be changed (possibly with a remote).

www.tilttopper.com makes a great topper for Met

6 months later
#16608 60 days ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

What do you chaps think about Cliffy vs Mantis in regards to protecting the mystery hole?
It seems like there's a trade off. Cliffy offers better protection, but as usual, it will somewhat affect the ball's travel and get worse over time.
The Mantis looks like it wouldn't affect the ball at all, but it doesn't protect the rim of the hole.
Anyone have long term/hard use with either one? Pics?
Thanks!

I have a complete set of Cliffy's installed on my Met with ZERO issues....I haven't used the Mantis protectors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside