51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psygho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1906 9 years ago

Can anyone help me with this :

I can get an old (non led pro version) Metallica pro NIB. It is not the first run edition, so the fangs are gone, and there are updated droptargets. All looks good...

Difference's NO led, VS LED version:
I know that the backbox is different, the speakers are not on an angle, and there is no decal between the speakers, and off course there are no leds...

But is there the (cliffy style) snake protector on the early "No led pro" ???
Could anyone help me with this, and are there more difference's between those 2 versions ???

Thnx in advance!

#1910 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

psygho - go for it (assuming it's less $$$ than a new LED version). Both versions will have the metal at the snake. With the LED version they are all white anyways. Most people change some of them to color match inserts and change the GI anyways so you still wind up spending some money on LED's anyways. The only question you have to ask is if you prefer the old style cabinet or the new one better. That to me would be the only reason to pass on go with a newer one is if you prefer the new style cab.

Yes it is 500 dollar less. But now I hear the vendor, cant guaranty that the fangs are not there.
I get the droptargets for free, if they are the old version. But had the early version the snake protector ?

#1936 9 years ago

Well i finally have made mine decision!
Over an couple of hours, im joining the owners club! Got the classic one NIB. My first NIB.
(non ledded version), and for the 1/4 savings I just put mine own custum led kit in it!

And I did some good investments for what was left:

I ordered a sheet of non glare glass, 2 service brackets, and the new side rails with flipperbutton pretecton with it...

Have the green convelux set for the slingschots,and bought the Metallica "full armor kit" protection from Cliffy.(2 slot protectors, scoop, sidewall and ball eject)

Finaly a bought 8 new o-shiny balls from PBL...

#1945 9 years ago

@ Charly Brown, I think Pninja005 meant the difference between those led and non led upper cabinets... But a few post up, you did post them, so iam confused
To be fiar, I like the old style more.Dont like the decal between speakers...

Annyway...
So I hope i do not jinx myself too!

A little update:
Well, it is here, and i unpacked it with an close frend of mine.. NO shipping damage , and all lights seem to be working..Got that ugly led DMD (eu country), but all dots are fine. Cabinet looks fine, and playfield too. No strange things or problems on first impression... Hope it stays that ay when I play mine first games!

It is not that old either!. Snake is de-fanged, and it is from june 30 2014, and came loaded with 1.6 firmware. So all is better then I expected, it has the new droptargets, and now I have 3 spare!.

Unfortunately it is too late to play any game.. But will have to mount all the protectors first, so it will take me a probable day or wto , before I can play the first games...

#1956 9 years ago

So i have finely got the chance to play a game. But more to test some things.

The slings were way overpowerd , so I put them down, the same for the eject holes. They were overpowerd, imo. Set the flipper coilpulse to soft, and can easily make both rampschots.
Think they could have been a little les powerfull, even on soft, but it have to break in..

The first I done was make an RICK style sparky anti airball protector....
(I had mailed him, but overseas shipping was too expensive, so he had no problem, and was willing to help, to create mine own)
Got some impact resist acryl sheet, and in an hour and a half I had an PERFECT sparky airbal protector.

So if there are any request,here near The Netherlands, I will make an couple of those. I think I have sheet left for 10pcs. But only if Rick cant send them due to shipping costs!

Well got a lot to do, but , things are moving!

#1958 9 years ago

Thnx, we think the same.. it never hurts to help!

#1963 9 years ago

I want to install some stern service brackets on mine pro.
But there are no pre drilled holes. does anyone know where EXACTLY I need to drill the holes ??
Is there some one willing to help me ? Maybe willing to measure their premium / le model ? I do not have other stern pinballs to reference.

I would be very thankfully!

#1968 9 years ago

Would be very thankfull. But can you (or someone with an le or pre)measure ? and with some pictures ?
Don't think only pics would make me feel comfy enough where to drill the holes.

You should expect that the pre /le versions has the same playfield layout, and shape. So imo, is there is one who's willing to measure the holes for the brackets are. We all are done.

So I think it its the easiest way is to measure from the side how far inwards it is,and then from top how far / deep we have to go down the playfield for each of the 4 holes.. (This for each side and each hole.)

Like this: X is hole. from edge of playfield to hole, and from top to playfield to hole.

-------->
..........|
..........|
..........|
..........X

#2044 9 years ago

Update service brackets..

Excuse me for mine bad English, im trying mine best to explain, but it is difficult for me...
Hope it makes sense! I cant find the right words, and it its way difficult to talk in technical based English. So do not shoot me!

To continue:
It seems fairly simple to determinate to where you need to drill the holes!
I was looking in the manual, and used the other link (to the other ervice bracket post) to this, on a few post before.

One page 114 and 149 (and some more pages)of de metalica manual for the pro, you see an schematic. It shows pegs, "playfield lockbar support brackets/hinges mounting holes" and support brackets we, wish to mount.

Dowload link:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/metallica/pro/421/MTLAB1.PDF

The driled holes has to bee in the mid line of the 2 screws, who holds "playfield lockbar support brackets /hinge". You see the place of pegs (big circle), AND the position for the brackets! (under the apron) and the 2 screws for "playfield lockbar bracket/hinge"

In the other image mentioned in previous post, wich shows the a tron pro , with had pre drilled holes, with tnuts, AND pegs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-pf-not-drilled-for-the-support-slide-bracket/page/2

Quoted from snaroff:

No...not even close I've enclosed pics from where the pre-drilled holes were on my TRON Pro. Since the left/right side of the PF are not symmetric, you need to be careful to line them up properly.

IMG_1994.JPG 156 KB

IMG_1995.JPG 169 KB

IMG_1996.JPG 283 KB

We can see that the predrilled holes are with tnuts,are in line with the pegs holes, but are more , to the bottom side of play field. The are exactly in the middle of the 2 screws holding the playfield hinge wichh rest on the "lockbar region".

If we combine this 2 , now you EXACTLY know where to drill.
We can confirm that the schematic on page 114 of downloaded manual is correct.

Did it yesterday (measure more then twice to confirm) and dril once ,I was deadon!
I did use tnuts at the bottem, just as original.

Although I was correct, I did not like the iron next to wood, because you easily scratch the wood, when not pay attention. So I did drill a hole , and mounted some thick rubber feet under the service brackets. So the rubber feet protects mine wood. The metal of the service brackets will not touch the wood...

So case closed...

#2063 9 years ago

Would be very nice to have only the instrumental songs! I thought I read it somewhere, from some one who has done this.. would be al blast!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,600 (OBO)
7,600 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 149.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psygho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=psygho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.