51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider play_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14032 5 years ago

So my magnetic screwdriver wasn't as magnetic as it claimed to be on the handle...

Can anyone tell me what size the screw holding the spotlight here is?

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 2.43.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-19 at 2.43.43 PM (resized).png
1 month later
#14402 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Mod Hunt:
Anyone know where I might find the simple Cross insert mask mod that was offered in the Classifieds section here for a while but is now gone?
The mod is a simple mask or frame that mounts to the underside of the PF beneath each Cross insert, stopping the lamp bleed that is visible otherwise when the Cross insert is lit, etc. I believe it came as a set of several masks and cost c. $25.
Thanks.

I just bought a set of these a few weeks ago. My pack came with a couple extras for some reason. It won't cover the whole set but if you want them, PM me and I'll send em for the cost of shipping.

1 week later
#14480 5 years ago

Speaking of the Pinbits plastics protectors...

I was trying to install my neon green protectors today and I ran into a snag (somewhat literally) on the graveyard protector. My original plastic was pretttttty snug in place and adding the extra plastic, I can't get the screws back on top! Most notably, the post that holds the flasher over the left ramp. Is there some sort of trick to getting this one on there? Am I doing something wrong? Is it possibly my posts are not installed correctly since I had such a problem with the original plastic even coming off? Also the screws in the back of the cross are SNUG up on the plastic, making getting the plastics on/off very difficult.

2 months later
#15444 5 years ago

Anyone have tips on adjusting the snake kickout on a pro? Mine was totally fine the first couple months I had it, then suddenly it just started kicking down the middle about 80% of the time. I've scanned through this thread for answers but it seems like everyone recommends adjusting the power setting. I have tried that all over the map with no beneficial result. I also tried partially disassembling the assembly but it doesn't seem like there's much play in how it sits.

I'm thinking about adding a thin, soft pad to one side of the mouth's eject path to help guide it away from the center. Anyone done this or something similar?

#15449 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Trying tightening all of the screws that hold the mech in place under the pf.
This is what happened to mine. I might have to fill a couple of the screw hole with a toothpick to tighten them up if they loosen again.

Hm, nothing was loose by any means. I tried putting a small washer under one side of the coil assembly and it's helped...kinda. The trajectory is pretty wild now. Sometimes all the way left, straight down the outlane. Sometimes still STDM.

#15457 5 years ago

Thanks PBFan I'll give that a shot tonight!

#15458 5 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

One simple (low-tech) solution that worked for me was to place a thin felt pad (you know the stuff you can buy at the hardware store with the sticky backing) underneath the bottom of the plunger - attach to the bracket upon which the plunger comes to rest (the plunger will rest on it instead of the metal bracket). This has the effect of reducing the stroke of the armature/plunger just enough to change the trajectory.
Simple - no tools required - and it has worked for me for 2+ years now.

Update: one major benefit of working 5 minutes from home is lunch breaks... this seems to have done the trick! 100% of kickouts are now going directly to the left sling! cc: pinball_ric

3 weeks later
#15608 5 years ago

Had a couple of peculiarities happen in recent games on my Pro, more than once.

1. Multiball starting at the start of a CIU mode. It's happened twice starting For Whom The Bell Tolls and once for Fade To Black. It's not a mode multiball, but the shooter lane starts kicking until balls come into play. They're recognized as extra balls in play because the mode doesn't end when you drain balls. My brother asked Lyman in that last MET stream with Dead Flip and he said that shouldn't happen. Anyone else having this?

2. Right ramp sometimes registers at the ramp entrance. I'm really confused about this one. There's not enough force on the ball to knock any switches but sometimes it'll get maybe 1/4 of the way up the incline but still register the ramp. I don't think the ramp switch is needing adjustment since it doesn't happen any other time when playing. It's also not consistently happening but maybe 5% of the time. The ramp should register as it goes through the gate switch at the top, right? There's no opto sensor, right?

edit: I'm running the latest code.

#15612 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check all switches and optos. Sounds like trough switch errors for #1 issue. Does it happen when ball save is on? Could be game thinks ball drained and kicks out another ball. For #2 issue, try banging on the pf and ramp in the menu switch test. I've had optos work fine in testing but trigger on vibrations. Sounds like the opto is triggering when the ball hits the ramp.

Interesting that it would only happen at the start of a CIU mode and not any other time though. It kicks out a two extra balls, so not every ball in the trough and not just one either. And it acknowledges that there are 3 balls in play. Again it's only happened 3 times out of the last 50 or so instances of starting a CIU mode.

I just had the right ramp issue again. Which switch should I be checking here? I kinda bricked the shot and it bounced between the pick targets, but registered the ramp (and the pick targets).

1 week later
#15743 5 years ago

My pro is having some weird issues...

It's stopped allowing me the super skill shot option intermittently. It'll pop up the orbit stopper even while I'm holding the left flipper for about 5-10 balls, then stop for another 10-20 balls, then start again. [edit: I just noticed after walking back over to play a game that it's counting the right orbit when coming off the plunger lane. It's never done that before and I assume it shouldn't. Anyone had this happen? What's the deal?]

Also possibly some trough switch issue? I started a grave multiball and didn't kick out the second ball for the longest time, I eventually hit the snake BEFORE hitting the snake and it kicked out two more balls. You shouldn't ever have all 4 balls during graveyard, right?

ALSO, has anyone experienced completed lanes no longer being lit mid-ball? I had my graveyard shots completed and then after a multiball, it was suddenly not lit anymore and I had to re-complete the snake, electric chair and grave shots.

Has my code gotten corrupted or something? Gremlins up in here.

#15747 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Maybe a flaky launch lane switch?

Is it possible that you had completed them all and started Seek and Destroy? That will clear out the lit lanes.

You're likely onto something here with the shooter lane switch. I've noticed some delays in auto-plunging on ball saves and multiball. Thanks!

Quoted from jawjaw:

Do you mean the shot inserts that were lit are cleared? If you complete all of them (all chair, snake, and cross inserts lit) you will start Seek and Destroy. The music will change and you will see the Seek and Destroy animations on screen. However, if start Seek and Destroy during a mb or CIU mode, the music will not change and not sure if you will see animations. You will still hear callouts of a countdown and things like "c'mon!". Eventually the mode will end and all inserts will reset.
In general, if you are suspecting issues with gameplay, test with the glass off. Manually hit switches and see if things are working correctly.

Yes, shot inserts that were lit (and completed) were cleared but not all of them, just the graveyard. A few weeks ago the right ramp did the same thing. I definitely hadn't progressed enough to reach S&D either time. I also hadn't started a single CIU at that point with the graveyard incident.

#15751 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You sure all the inserts were lit and the hurry up was completed? If not all the inserts were lit or if the hurry up was started but not completed, the inserts will reset after a drain. During a ball, any lit inserts should stay lit. CIU modes will use inserts for their own purpose but you should go back to normal after the mode ends. If inserts go out and you have to redo them after having them lit during normal gameplay, something is not right. I have an issue with one insert where the bulb is finicky. Sometimes it flakes out and does not work for a while. Maybe you are having bulb issues? I would definitely test with the glass off and try to duplicate the issue. If there is some goofy things going on and all the switches work, I would reload the latest code. You can also have the game do a memory check on boot - I think you hold both flippers while you turn it on to do so.

Quoted from Sparky:

If the inserts were completed (all three blinking), but the hurry-up was not completed (hitting coffin), then they will time-out and all three in that row will re-set, even while the ball is still in play.

I really don't know how to explain it. They were completed, I played a graveyard multiball and then they were not lit anymore. I also had the left ramp and right lane completed but only the graveyard reverted. It definitely wasn't bulbs because I was able to re-complete the shots in the same ball (confirming: I re-lit all three, then hit the coffin to re-complete).

Completing the graveyard inserts is the first thing I go for in every game since allows you to complete shots without changing the lanes, plus it adds to your shots needed to light CIU when you hit grave markers again. I understand the strategy and rules fairly well, which is why I'm flagging this as weird. No one else has had a single shot mysteriously un-light?

I've never heard of the memory check but I'll give it a shot. I imagine I'll be using some gaff or blue painters tape to make that work. Thanks!

#15753 5 years ago

Yes, all three were complete and solid. I was annoyed I had to do it again but relieved I was able to do it quickly.

#15757 5 years ago

So I’m fairly certain this was the culprit on my skill shot issue. The solder joint broke and was still touching, so it would make contact sometimes but not all the time. I resoldered it quickly and it seems to be working again.

Note: this photo was taken after I pulled the diode back to dramatize the separation.

I also did the memory check and it seems to be OK.

46276A11-C1FA-4678-82FF-E3D16F6E0CAB (resized).jpeg46276A11-C1FA-4678-82FF-E3D16F6E0CAB (resized).jpeg885ED70A-FF12-41E1-81BB-D783C1BB634A (resized).jpeg885ED70A-FF12-41E1-81BB-D783C1BB634A (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#16499 4 years ago

I've got a very nice original run pro on the marketplace right now: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-metallica-pro-original-run-wood-backbox

I had a ColorDMD in there for a while and can confirm it fits fine without any issue. I don't have anything to compare it to but the colors are indeed vibrant and I have not noticed any ghosting or chipping issues (though it does have cliffy protectors everywhere).

For some reason I was under the impression the ProLEDs had SMD boards instead of sockets.

#16502 4 years ago

Editing my ad to sound like less of an idiot now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider play_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.