Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3761 8 years ago

I know the information is in this thread somewhere but I have been through 30 pages and cant seem to find it. Can someone please direct me to the link to buy the best sparky protector plastic? (the yellow web one?) Thanks.

#3776 8 years ago

So what's the consensus (or is there one)? Should I be asking pinbits for the clear slingshot protectors or does the green work with the cut out below the eyes? Is there another colour to try that might work better? And the sparky protector just the default (yellow/green?) looks ok?

#3781 8 years ago

Can you post a pic of your with the green having been cut out by the eyes. I that looks good I might just go with the green. I'd try red but without seeing it first I dunno.

#3788 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The orange ones and my green ones are on page 69.

Thanks - I ordered the orange set with the fluorescent green sparky protector (to match my custom painted green sparky).

2 weeks later
#3908 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Are the coffin, grave, snake, and sparky counters supposed to carry over ball to ball? I feel like mine dont. I gotta pay closer attention....but I feel like they reset after each ball, which would seem to make the crank it up modes harder to reach.

I believe the counters reset after each ball to show you how many hits that ball. However the OVERALL counter toward the CIU remains so you are still getting closer as you progress through each ball. At least that is my understanding but someone can correct me if I am wrong

1 week later
#4018 8 years ago

Not sure if this has been asked before but does anyone know if it is possible to add Mezel Mods flashing pinball speakers when the Lightning kits is installed with the LED strips running down each side? Seems the speakers need to go in the back exactly where the Lightning strips mount. Left side might work but not sure about the right. Anyone?

#4020 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I don't believe they do and the cemetery Arch barley does with a slight bend around the arch but it will be touching.

I did get the cemetery arch on and it does touch the strips. However I think it still looks fine and the effect of both mods is great. I just wondered perhaps the speakers could mount elsewhere?

#4024 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

Hey guys, I finally collected enough cans to purchase the color dmd, do you guys sell the original dmd or hold onto it?

At this point I have held on to mine. However with 3 or 4 now I think a few might hit the chopping block soon. I'd always keep a couple for spares.

#4025 8 years ago

I received my sparky protector and slingshot protectors from pinbits. I am very happy with them. I am not 100% on the section that goes over the ball lane but the glowing orange adds a nice effect. Also I wonder why I see a few pics of people with the sparky protector OVER the plastics up top? I put mine underneath and like the effect much more...image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4027 8 years ago

What about the Micro Display Mod? Will it mount anywhere when the lightening mod strips are installed? I want more. Odds and I love those lightening strips but seems like it uses up a lot of mod space.

2 weeks later
#4267 8 years ago

Does this help?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#4326 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

20150805_081113.jpg
My 9 year old son did this the other day while I was at work. Said he was playing for like 30 minutes. Wish I could have been there. I told him he is the first billionaire I know of.

Yeah no. Especially not in 30 minutes. (Not with the glass on) Should talk to him about the importance of telling the truth. Might be a simple lesson with this pinball that might really help lots when he gets to his teens.

#4342 8 years ago

My METLE topper when all the lights go out. Did anyone else realize it Glows?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#4429 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys all of the sudden my graveyard area does stop and hold the ball when I first start that mode like it used to. But later during mode play the magnet will hold the ball so I can try to get the super jackpot. Any thoughts on why this would start happening? And around the same time I have two or three times had the ball stop for the lock when the hammer was supposed to nail it down and it just rolled off. This never once happened after my first several hundred games...now it's happened several times. please help

Did you try switching to new balls? Perhaps they are magnetized?

3 weeks later
#4548 8 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I need to get me a case of this, it can be my topper.....after I drink all the piss beer out of it first

CO4Hm7WVEAEx5M-.png

Being released in Quebec Canada only. Because it is alcohol, shipping the full cans across border not possible. However across Canada would be fine. Any fellow pinhead here that is in Quebec and would ship a 24 to me here in Calgary? 91,000 cans released and those will go quick and be guzzled even faster in Canada.

#4555 8 years ago

Crosses glow in the dark
image.jpgimage.jpg

#4571 8 years ago

Can someone give me some hints as to which tracks to change to which songs using pinball browser. I did figure out the songs but when I changed them it seemed to mix up the sparky and some of the other modes where I like the music. Suggestions?

#4575 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Can't remember the multiball mode songs off the top of my head but here are the main tracks.
476 Battery
591 Blackenend
702 Creeping Death
773 Enter Sandman
846 Fade to Black
900 For Whom the Bell Tolls
939 FUEL
998 Master of Puppets
1066 One
1199 Ride the Lightning
1281 Sad but True
1351 Seek & Destroy
1429 The End of the Line
1494 Unforgiven
Edit... I think these are the multiball tunes. This was posted by another member awhile back.
Snake = Sad But True
Coffin = For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sparky = Creeping Death and/or middle of Ride the Lightning
Graveyard = Master of Puppets

Thanks for this. Seems that when I replaced creeping death that's why the Sparky multiball changed. There are also 2 parts of songs at the end of the game... One during the match and one after the match. Which track are those?

1 month later
#4833 8 years ago

Dirty Donny signing my METLE backglass at his art show booth in Calgary last weekend...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 weeks later
#4914 8 years ago

It's all about the signed chrome baby! I love it. Signed and limited edition. The 200 of these will go quickly. Mine is on the way.

#4919 8 years ago

Yeah sold out online at the distributor and through the Metallica Club. Looks like 50 were sold through the distributor and 100 through the Metallica Club... So that means 50 unaccounted for. People now asking $300 on eBay.

#4920 8 years ago

Sorry make that asking $200-$300US ... White ones were limited to only 120 and they are sold out too.

#4921 8 years ago

Chrome
image.pngimage.png

White
image.pngimage.png

#4924 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

So how many of each were made?
200 chrome and 120 white?
glad i didnt wait around

That's my understanding of the numbers.

#4930 8 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Dude I'm bummed just got an email.. I bought one about an hour after they went on sale, and now they are saying it was already sold out I'd imagine some of you will be getting one as well.. Grrrr

Damn same thing happened to 2 of us here as well. Really crappy way to go. Take the money and then say sorry but they are sold out... Go to eBay and pay 3x list price if you want. BS!

1 month later
#5338 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Hey guys in case you missed it in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/•new-mod•met-snake-ramp-kit-wplastic
We are selling MET Snake Mods for PRO and LE. Although we just sold out of LE this afternoon. We currently have 33 Pro Versions available if you are interested!!
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
You can buy them directly here: http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/7671314d-c8bc-cb2d-e653-d79addd1eefd
~ Gina

I'd like this mod. Should I just order the pro for me LE or wait and order the LE version when available again? What is the difference? Can u please advise when LE restocked?

1 week later
#5418 8 years ago

My METLE has so many alligators it's like the Nile River down there I guess I really gotta figure out how to solder... That will prevent them from coming off but does it really isolate them?

1 week later
#5559 8 years ago

Drilled a few holes in the Pro snake mod to fit my LE and loving the look of the snake now!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5687 8 years ago

In case anyone was wondering what the Dirty Donny blacklight painted Sparky looks like with the UV/blacklight flashers installed... It is much darker than the bright white flashers but the effect is kinda cool and his brains really GLOW.

#5688 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My Apocolypse, and then it fades into the last two minutes of ...And Justice For All (removed One; During Lady Justice ramp mode, it will play the last two minutes of AJFA, which provides an awesome pace and starts to slow as the mode comes to an end; If I choose "My Apocolypse" during gameplay, it will fade out and fade into AJFA for the remainder of the song).

I want to try this but how did you do the cutting and fade in/out of AJFA? Can it be done inside pinball browser? Also when you say "louder version" of songs what did you use or where did you get "louder version"? Thanks. I have been messing with different songs. The only one I really like that you are not using is Metal Mulisha. it is great to play to!

#5695 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Who did your sparky that looks aussom

Dirty Donny... The artist who did the backglass, cabinet and playfield Art.

#5714 8 years ago

Had an epic game tonight. First ball (no extra balls used) over $300,000,000. All factory settings.

Ended up getting four horsemen and finished all 4 CIU modes. Did not get EOTL but there was nothing else I had not done. So much fun.. So intense. I had to share.

#5729 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You scored 300,000,000 DOLLARS

You mean these numbers aren't dollars? What the hell is the point then? Lol

2 weeks later
#5908 8 years ago

I know this has been covered many times probably but I cant find it. Can someone please give me the list of songs and request numbers they are at in Pinball Browser? I want to change my songs again and this list would be very helpful. Thanks

#5979 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Perhaps related...
My 1 week old Met Premium also has had a few issues. I fixed a poorly shaped ball guide, and then found and switched 2 led cables that were reversed (shoot the right ramp, and the left ramp insert lit). Sparky wasn't bouncing, but after removing him and making a slight adjustment, he's perfect.
Today there's a new issue:
magnets stopped working. Found a fuse that was blown, but replacing it didn't fix the problem.
Is this a stuck coil issue perhaps?
Anyone else have this problem?

Not sure but I updated my code with a new one from Pinball Browser changing some songs and when I did the game reset and tried playing, magnets not working. Blown fuse and replacing fixed it. Funny thing it blew that same fuse last time I replaced the code. From now on no more reset from the menu screen... Gonna shut off power switch instead. This happen to anyone else when resetting after update?

#6007 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Could it be the infamous power on with the coindoor open bug/glitch with Metallica? That either blows magnet fuses or makes the sparky coil smoke.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-sparky-short-warning

I do leave the coin door open when I do the code update but I don't pull out the playfield with the door open. Not sure about grounding. I don't touch anything except put the usb stick in and switch the switch

#6008 8 years ago

YES! Finally made it to The End of The Line... All factory settings. Had this game since new and this was the first time. Epic game.. So much fun. I had changed the music and was playing to My Apocalypse. Perhaps that was the key. Could have done even better if my damn snake switch was working properly. Goes in and spits out but sometime doesn't register. Still won't forget the rush of this one... Still shaking!

#6011 8 years ago

You have to get to all the crank it up modes and then light crank it up one more time for end of the line.

#6030 8 years ago

I love my block bounce shot into snake mouth on one side for double hit and the block bounce shot to sparky on the other. It would kill me to give it up and I know the captive ball won't do the same... Or does it?

3 weeks later
#6388 8 years ago

Speaking of snake.. I believe this was covered somewhere but I can't find it. My LE when I shoot in the open snake mouth sometimes it goes in and the game knows it is there because it pops the ball back out. However it does not register the snake shot or give me the inserts or the add a ball... Have to shoot it again. Some times takes 2-3 shots then it can work again for awhile. Just a switch adjustment? Hard bugger to get to. Can't get my fat fingers in there.

3 weeks later
#6620 7 years ago

So I tried to follow some advice here and bend the snake switch more straight so that it would not just kick the ball out but also register the snake letter shot.

Two questions:

1. How is it that the switch register enough to kick the ball out but not give the snake letter? It is only one switch so how can it do one thing and not the other?

2. Since I tried to bend the switch without removing anything I broke the arm off of it. So now is the only way to fix it to remove the entire snake from underneath the playfield to get to the switch and fix?

Thanks for you help and answers on both above. Just trying to understand how this is a switch issue...

#6643 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Sorry your switch broke. The way i understand it is that the switch gives the machine a flakey/jittery on/off signal and the game just spits it out. Whereas if you bend the arm up a bit the switch is solid on or off. Then it gives you the award etc.

Makes sense. Strange. So I guess my only option is to take the entire snake mechanism out so I can get to the switch to fix the arm and straighten it?

#6650 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I wouldn't think you would have to. When I adjusted mine. I just removed the switch from the side of scoop. Two small screws. Should be able to do the same. If arm is bent...straighten. if arm is broke...replace it. If switch is bad...solder on a new one. And reinstall.

I might be able to get something in there but it is a tight squeeze. However it is not a screw but a small hex head or bolt? What size is that little bugger? None of my sockets will fit it for sure.

#6681 7 years ago

So what is the big secret in the manual about the snake switch? Can someone enlighten me? Adjustment? Size of bolts to remove it? The snake switch has been an issue for years and the only answer has been to bend the arm and straighten it out. Is there really a better way hidden in the manual nobody has or reads?

#6752 7 years ago

Yeah I didn't mean to start a manual battle. I just wanted a suggestion as to how to remove the microswitch at the snake without taking the entire snake off. I still don't have a bloody answer. Yeesh. Guess I will take the snake off.

1 year later
#12180 6 years ago

Haven’t been checking on MET for awhile. When did the newest code drop? What version are we at? Wondering if I need an update or not. Thanks...

#12182 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I know I always wonder too about this. Your post made me check and it looks like the last code is still version 1.7 from June 17th, 2016:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/MTL17LE_README.TXT
It would be cool to have our machines somehow prompt us with updates if they were “smart” WiFi machines. Sort of like the update prompts on the iPhone except these would be very welcomed.

Or at the very least stern could allow us to sign up with email and select our game collection and they could email us. Low tech but it would work

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=pinchamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.