First mods installed. Skull coffin mod and ColorDMD. Look what the last one did to me
Wow, what a blast this game is. Been a while since I enjoyed playing that much. This is a true gem and I am happy to own it. The flow is very good and I love making combo's Am I any good, or do I still need some practicing?
Getting ready for some good playfield cleaning, replacing all rubbers and installing a playfield protector (https://pu-parts.com/metallica-playfield-shield_2). These protectors look really nice and are almost not visible (you have to look for it).
I had to remove some mylar in the shape of a rectangle that was put between the cross and last drop target. Heated the mylar with a hair dryer and removed it. The glue residue I removed with ‘Allclean+’ from Chemical Guys (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_CLD_101_16_All_Clean_p/cld_101_16.htm).
To remove the glue:
1. First use Allclean+ (Dilute 20 water parts with 1 part Allcleaner+) and let it work in for a few minutes. Then rub with a microfiber cloth.
2. Spray some cleaner on the a microfiber cloth and gently rub where the glue residue is, then use a dry part of the microfiber cloth to wipe dry the area (optional you can rub the glue residue together with your finger tip for more easy removal).
3. Repeat step 2 until almost no residue is left.
4. From there spray some cleaner on the a microfiber cloth and gently rub where the glue residue is, then use a dry part of the microfiber cloth to wipe dry the area. Use a cotton cloth with a little! water on it and rub on the area where some of the glue residue is left. Use a dry part of the cotton cloth to wipe dry.
5. Repeat step 4 until all the glue residue is gone.
In about 10 minutes I had the glue removed.
I also use this cleaner for my playfield. Works great and all natural ingredients that are non-aggressive.
I recently installed a playfield protector on my Metallica Pro.
Now I have to adjust the height for both the drop targets as the diverter post (I will replace the plastic with an iron one). For the latter I found this useful link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diverter-post-replacement-for-metallica-and-others
Can some one tell me how to adjust the drop target height.
Thanks for the info.
Yesterday I finished the first part of pimping my Metallica.
Things I have done:
• Installed a ColorDMD display
• Stripped the playfield and cleaned it
• Installed new Super-bands rubbers (mostly orange and purple ones)
• Installed a playfield protector from Pinball Universe (man it is shiny ‘-)
• Installed the Snake mod, Snake fangs and Snake mouth decal
• Installed extended Sparky plastic
• Installed coffin skull decal
• Adjusted the drop targets and magnets height
• Installed Pile of skulls flipper bats (yellow)
• The game was already full led but I changed some colors (Sparky -> purple, Mystery hole ->blue, Fuel-> green, band members -> blue and the big progress inserts: Cross -> blue, Electric chair -> purple, Coffin -> red and Snake -> green). Here is a short video to get an impression
Things to do:
• Install metal diverter post
• Install Total Light Show
• Install Creeping Death Speaker panel
• Install Creeping Death blades
• Install Creeping Death UV lightning
• Install orange translucent apron
• Install new (small) speakers
• Connect active subwoofer to current subwoofer
This game is a blast to play and mod ‘-)
Just had a great game. Almost finished Fade to Black but failed to hit the mystery hole But, for the first time I have seen the great effect of almost all playfield and insert lights go out except for the red spiders and a few other inserts. Very cool effect.
Quoted from delt31:
so back in the club but with a pro this time. Is it just me or does the pro play faster than the premium - it's almost too fast! I checked the pitch and even tried reducing coils. Any thoughts b/c I wasn't expecting it to play that much diff!
Practice and enjoy the adrenaline
Quoted from WJxxxx:
Had an amazing first ball on Met last night. Completed and cashed in 2 CIUs with 2x playfield running. Then started and completed Fade to Black, but got greedy relighting the 2x again and the bricked the scoop 3 times. Still got 76mil, but should have been worth over 200 mil if I'd have made it.
I can't ever see me selling this game - EVER!
What was your end score?
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:
Just "joined the club" courtesy of JJ @ Game Exchange of CO with a Metallica Pro. Great experience. Small snafus on arrival but nothing serious. They decided to pack my machine with two legs that are the standard powdered black and two of the gold ones from Guardians of the Galaxy. This was either a mistake at the factory OR I have a super rare one off. I can't find the 1/1 placard though.
Anyway. first thing I did was throw out the standard instruction cards and pulled the promo media from the stern website and sharpen and add a "Free Play". Writing is small but it worked out pretty well IMHO.
Those look great Would you consider making them available?
Quoted from dnapac:
I’m sure this has been said before, but the LCD ColorDMD is the best mod you can put on your Met. Super easy to install and adds so much to the game play. The graphics are incredible, and I find the display so much more useful. Yes, it’s kinda expensive, but I can’t believe I waited this long before pulling the trigger. This is a must upgrade!
When you have a Metallica Pro in my opinion the Total Light Show is the best mod closely followed by the LCD ColorDMD.
Either way, this pin is not only great as it is but so much better when modded
Does someone have underneath apron decals for sale (cannot buy on Ebay as the seller does not ship to Europe)?
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside