Topic Stats

• 17,312 posts
  • 965 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg
7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg
166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9571 (resized).JPG
IMG_9559 (resized).JPG
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
20200205_182932 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129202541 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204549 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204401 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204337 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
043F87DF-794F-4F00-AE21-B51F6F34A971 (resized).jpeg
b8c0f2e2465930d6fe917697e219f84bae3d1b6e.jpeg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7768 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

So I just got off the phone with RL Carriers again, the rep had me on hold for about 5 minutes while she called the terminal. Apparently the delivery terminal still hasn't received the machine, it's in limbo between them and LAX.... Might lose my mind if I have to go another weekend without, had the house all to myself this past weekend with no new game to geek out on. Hoping for better news tomorrow!

I hope you get some better news...man can't believe they lost the whereabouts on such a big item.

2 weeks later
#8033 3 years ago

Some day I am going to join this club...The game is so fun!

1 week later
#8068 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I work from home tomorrow.

Sounds like no work will be happening LOL...Im jealous...This game rocks!

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Twice last night while in mid-play my machine ended the ball as if I had drained. Has this happened to anyone?

Did you check the ball trow in test and make sure all the switches are functioning correctly reliably?

1 week later
#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

remember, no one's opinion is more important than your own. don't take anyone's word for it. take the time to play the different models that are available for a specific machine and purchase the one that you like the best

Great advice! You should find a way and make it your goal to play both machines to decide.

Quoted from 85vett:

Don't spend this amount of money based on others feedback. That's the worst pinball buying decisions I ever made was buying what everyone else thought was cool and not what I thought was cool. Lived and learned and will never do that again (not this game) Everything is personal preference and opinions are skewed towards ones liking. Just because ___ like something doesn't mean you will. Wait till you can play the games and then go from there. There are tons of MET's out there that I'm sure people would let you try out. Worst case, if you come to Austin you can play mine.
I'm not going to argue the differences of pro vs prem as it's been done 100s of times in this very thread.

Again great advice and a offer to get 50% of that goal accomplished and meet a cool Pinsider too! Being that the Pro/Premium debate goes on it really lends to the idea that it is very much up to your own personal taste. To me your spending a lot of coin on a machine with either a Pro or Premium. Add the fact that you could possibly regret on which one you choose, well maybe regret is the wrong word since the opinion of most is that you can't go wrong with either purchase. I would invest a little time and effort in playing both the models to decide for yourself even if that includes a bus ticket or two or a drive to get some actual play in.

#8398 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I had issues with my pro around sparky magnet, and Stern told my distributor that it looked normal wear that there game was falling apart. HUO and wear from a time when it became known that they had issues. I've been trying to protect it with Cliffys and Mylar. If it continues I guess I'll just have to get a new playfield. Good luck to everyone some made the same time as me got playfield swaps, and I got a big f@"k off. If my GB has issues I will probably never buy a Stern again.

Become the squeaky wheel and don't allow them not to answer...normal wear on HUO is bs both Stern and you know it. I wouldn't settle on this answer and show the wear progressively getting worse prematurely.

#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Have the playfield issues with ghosting, clear coat lifting, chipping, etc been resolved on new Metallicas? I am close to pulling the trigger on one, but want to be sure the playfield not gonna be a problem. Why won't Stern address this publicly?

Their illusive "program" is not to disclose any of this publicly so nobody here can answer if the problem is fixed. Right now it is my belief that they are shipping problem games out still from what I have seen posted on here.

I think Stern doesn't address this publicly as they don't see any cost benefit to advertise that they will fix these issues. Must be cheaper to appease the vocal few then to issue an announcement publicly in fear of having to fix many more defective machines issues?

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I would agree. A lot of these machines go on route and never see the light of day or a bottle of cleaner the rest of its life. Only us collectors care. Stern will make it right for those who contact them. Like always. They do not send you repair kits unless you request them.

Stern does not always make it right 100% of the time. Some issues have been reported where they said the defect was within acceptable levels...mentioned earlier in this thread.

1 month later
#8589 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Umm bc they are cheap lol.... save a dollar or 2 on every met made and thats 5-10k extra.....

Guess they have to make up for all the playfields they are supposedly going to be replacing at what ($300-$500 cost guestament) each.

1 month later
#8754 3 years ago

That hammer looks great!

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You're saying Stern has renewed their license with Metallica?
Do you have a reference for this?

It was said on one of their factory tour FB videos. It is on the 11/16 feed 11 minutes in..

2 months later
#9637 3 years ago

Are you grabbing the back of the playfield with your dominate hand and holding the playfield underneath to maneuver it into position while using your non dominant hand at the front of the playfield under the apron?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dover, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside