Topic Stats

• 16,964 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,894 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg
Capture.JPG
367860A4-9C68-4D81-BB79-1BC1FB21F38E (resized).jpeg
41F11C40-5421-4B13-A138-F7DCF0FAF3F8 (resized).jpeg
20190715_121505 (resized).jpg
20180305_174038_006 (resized).jpg
20170129_124250 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
443B3BD0-D20F-43ED-99FD-399687AEC9EC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Leave it stock is my feeling. I prefer to play the game as Lyman and Borg intended. It makes it more satisfying when you get a combo and get the ball whipping around too.

I feel that way as well, but really want spinners in the pro. That is the only thing holding me back from wanting to buy the spinner kit, before I get a met pro.

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Im not sure Tamoore. I had emailed them awhile back asking if they had something for the Sparky area and they sent me one of those to try out. apparently it was something new they just made and needed a few testers, I was happy to help.
they also sent a clear piece to try out that is the same size.
Brian

It would be cool if they had a vinyl for it that looked like it was handcuffing his legs.

4 months later
#2394 4 years ago

Was that the code name for the game?

1 week later
#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Aurich, your Sparky looks great. I will be joining the club very soon, just waiting for my Led Pro to be built. I am planning to custom paint mine also. Haven't decided on a theme yet. You did an excellent job.

The wait is painful!

1 week later
#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I'm still torn whether I should keep the led pro or the monster premium version in my collection
I have both NIB sitting side by side but my gameroom isn't finished yet so no place to unpack and play for another year.
Need the cash soon for other NIB purchase so can't keep both.
So which is the one to keep?

what the... why are you even thinking?! The prem is the way to go. I couldn't find one

1 week later
#2635 4 years ago

I got my tracking number!!! Baby just left Chicago

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Included 1 random pic of smartdmd on ACDC

IMG_5736.JPG

hehehhe

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

dont read it now !
its more fun to play a pinball you doesnt know and discover rules while playing

haha. I learned the most from the papa tutorial

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I have a shaker in mine on default setting it's cool. I also have one in my rs tftc and mmr. And I think data east has the best setup by far. Williams ones are just to strong and it sounds like the machine is coming apart.

Ohhh you should feel the gottlieb gladiators shaker...it shakes the building....

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You will want it. Its not that I protects sparky, but the magnet and playfield in front of him. The ball can launch off of his feet and beat up the magnet pretty good. The protector keeps the ball from flying around.

Where does someone get one?

#2677 4 years ago

I can't find the sparky protector online :/ Does he have them available offline?

#2684 4 years ago

I already have the sling and inlane protectors. I only need a sparky one. I wasn't a big fan of the sling protector covering the inlane and connecting to the inlane.

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is what Is keeping me from ordering, but if they have clear, that might work.

I'd like that neon green, purple or clear. Could really match the game!

#2689 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

terry @ pinballlife.com has a set in fluorescent green which are separate protectors for the inlanes and the slings
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3270

Ya! those are the ones I bought. I'm looking for a matching sparky protector without buying a full set.

#2698 4 years ago

Ugh... I got the call today, should ship Tuesday :/

#2726 4 years ago

Hooked just needs two more people to make a run of met spinner kits!!

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Does anyone know where I can find the plastic Sparky air ball protector?

Haha. I was just asking about the protector alone as well. We have to call some people I guess to see if they'll sell that alone

#2791 4 years ago

Just got mine too! Has to wait in the garage until after work/gym though

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I like using the SS boney flippers. A little more expensive (around $25 at Pinball Life), but I think they fit the theme and that area perfectly.
boney flippers.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ya, I do like the bone flippers on it.

#2813 4 years ago

put the #4 score on it my second game in and the. Proceeded to get under 5 billions

image.jpg
#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Rickwh, highly recommended!

I concur! I just paypaled him for a protector

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

let us know if you ever reach that 5 billion!

hahha yeah, my bad, million. I couldn't remember after I went inside my bed

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Price? You have me interested.

Yeah for sure. I want to have the protection around the flipper button and these look great. Curious though on color options?

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Weren't these only made in the silver speckle for the LE's? There aren't other color options out there, are there?
Otherwise, the standard black guard rails are $60 at Pinball Life.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

Ya I need those standard stern ones for a few games, but the metallica custom one looks great. And as seen below looks to be black and silver only. Silver looks good, but purple or green to match the game loook good too.

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have only put a bit of time on MET....I have the chance to get one for a really great price, but I'm a BIT worried how non-pinheads will respond to the difficulty. Can anyone comment on how their non-pinball playing friends/family have felt about the game?

my gf hates tron, but loves met. There are lots of shots and fun things that happen. Most people can get sparky multiball which is cool for most. I think it would be good for non pin people.

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Glad you used TRON as an example. My wife HATED TRON because of the difficulty and lack of "stuff" going on. There is a profanity filter, yes? Being able to turn that off for when people have kids over is important...

I was in the settings and I saw one for adult content. I had mine on yes. Sparky may be right, there could be multiple levels though. You will be able to either have swearing on or off, for sure. Stern is good about that.

#2856 4 years ago

I have it on and I don't remember any swear words... I think I swore more Hmmm

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Haha, I remember the first day I had MET. A buddy came over to help get it in the house and he was playing a few games. My 5 year old daughter walks in as he scores Jack F'in' Pot! Whoops.

Oh...I guess you have to actually hit things to get it to swear good to know

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Alright, well given that it's NOT harder than IM or TRON and that you can turn off all the profanity...
I am "tentatively" in the club!

if you like tron and im. You'll really like met. I even woke up early to play before I left for work. I still can't get much going, but I love that there are so many shots!!! Each just feels unique and fun, although many are very tight. And the sound of the ball in the metal ramps and rails...ohh baby, so good. I like this led version. I found one led out, but it looks great! I think I'll color match a few spots like fuel, but it does look good.

#2866 4 years ago

Where there any rumors of another update to met, or is it all done? I'm not sure if it is still missing anything, but for sure more songs would be nice.

#2874 4 years ago

Spinners
sling protectors
inlane protectors
sparky protector
snake fangs
snake tongue
snake led
coffin decal
mystery hole led
scoop, kickout protectors (like cliffys)
colordmd!
tons of mezel mods

this thread helps

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-metallica-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Interesting to read some of the issues popping up. Anyone here have peeling issues? If so, how did you remedy it?

I haven't got one yet. Been thinking about making my own....

But for putting anything down. I'd clean the pf very well then apply and make sure to put pressure down on the edges.

#2888 4 years ago

the lollipop ones from stern you can install aftermarket and not use screws on the flipper round section. I was going to do that as I don't want/like to screw into the decal/side. Like those skull ones...love that one but don't want to screw it into the cab :/

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I had an email conversation with eric about a set of black side rails. Asked him for a price and he never got back to me. Guess hes sold out. But 275 quoted above seems steep. Think id rather just get the lollipop ones from PBL.

Id like to weld the skull on to a standard rail...that would be nice... or get the lollipops

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Those purple lollipop side rails, legs and hinges on Metalica look awesome. The Refinery's Purple Monster was amazing!

I really like the hinges with metallica cut in....ughhh so good looking but so expensive

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think my ideal would be rails that:
Had the mirrored Metallica logo cutouts on the angle/lollipop slope.
Didnt have ride the lightning cutouts at all
Mounted to the cabinet with existing/standard hardware only.
Matching hinges with throwing star Ms as an option...

sooo we need to meet someone in the fab business... I like the way you like/think

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is there a thread detailing how to replace the songs I don't want/like?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser

I need to do this as well....

#2917 4 years ago

Mylar around the magnets, yes. And mylar or the metal cliffys' for the switches below the ramp

#2919 4 years ago

Yup!

These work as well, you just have to cut the magnet part out
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1980

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think Borg discussed the Death Magnetic song on a podcast, but the voting might have changed those plans.

vote the votes off the island and continue

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think so too, but as I recall on said podcast, there were plans for 3 songs to be added. One Death Magnetic, one I think he wanted (I'm assuming 4 horsemen due to the dots in 'blackened'?), and one to be voted on by fans. What ended up happening (at Metallica's request I think?) was two songs voted by fans. Where that leaves the 'third song' I don't know. Probably just left out sadly

In jukebox mode there is a blank station (I think). And room for a ton more songs!

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Yeah I can see how it is still possible but the last time I heard about any Metallica feature/code updates it was basically going to be a small update to add spinner rules to the LE/Prem and at that point it was mostly considered 'done'. Definitely no mention of more songs.
Doesn't mean any of that is still accurate of course - this was months ago.

I'm not up on how "done" or if features are missing. But from what my friends say that own it, it is pretty well done...maybe a few things left for niceties?

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I kind of like this strategy, though. Trying NOT to hit shots is as much of a challenge as hitting shots.
I'm not sure if any pinball machines rules incorporate this or not, but I've always thought it would be cool to have a shot that instantly ends a mode, subtracts points from your score, or causes instant dead flippers to end a mb (not timed, like LITZ).

Ah... like the matrix pin game...you had to stop the balls from flying around, cradle them for x seconds.I agree. super cool idea/concept that should be incorporated in a game.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Some progress on the next batch. Got my envelopes from staples and my stamps and a couple sheets of plastic from lowes.
20150423_184229.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How do you cut them out? By hand or do you have a cnc router, or something?

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I use a scroll saw with a fine blade. Its old school i know.

Ah old school! Time consuming but takes talent

#2972 4 years ago

Can't wait! I'm gonna throw the shaker in tonight/this weekend.

Anyone add the tournament button? I always found it kinda fun trying to get the biggest score with one ball. Be good for my monthly pin party as well.

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Don't waste that spot with a tourney button. Install a Pin-Vol. One of my favorite mods. All my games get one. I love to be able to adjust volume on the fly. Another cool thing it will do is abort an animation. So if you don't want to sit and watch sparky fry, just hit either up or down on the Pin-Vol and the game moves on. Kinda neat.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2894

whoa didn't even know about it. Thanks!

#2995 4 years ago

Someone wanted under pf pics of a pro led

image.jpg image-632.jpg image-527.jpg
#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Metallica has had one of the most positive initial receptions of any Stern game (largely due to the custom artwork), followed up with one of the best rulesets in pinball. Based on momentum on this thread and the fact that I'm still finding new rules to exploit (thanks to this thread) it has impressive momentum for a game going on 2 years old.

kinda. Many people flipped crap that the code sucked initially

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You know what's fun? When CIU is lit and you can't hit the scoop for 3 balls. FML
Anyone ever hit a drop square and not have it go down?

JUST happened to me tonight :/ odd, hit it again and it dropped......

#3130 4 years ago

I played last night...got 2nd highest score on defaults! Had new modes I found...@#$@#$ LOVE IT! Only hit like 38 million, but still working on it

Cannot wait for the sparky protector..you can see the divots :/ it gets wild in multi ball.

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just got a minty fresh Metallica Premium Pinball Refinery edition. I love to get those cross mods for the roll over lanes for my pin, but I can't find them anywhere! Anybody can help?

These?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3249

cm_01.jpg
#3137 4 years ago

Metallica makes my CSI and Tron look like crap, light wise....sooo pretty

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My playfield don't line up when lowering back into place. I literately have to slam it into place. Is that normal? I ask cuz its my first Stern so not sure. It sure is a "clunky" process with quite a few bumps before you can lower it. I really dred lifting the playfield, and I shouldn't feel that way. Any easy adjustments to line it up? The 2 hooks on the playfield when lowered gently, miss the slots on the cabinet by like 1/8-1/2 inch, I then lift it up abit and SLAM it down and it goes in, but only if I SLAM it. Its always been like this. I had asked someone about this, and they said normal, but I don't think so. I is a PITA. I dont lift the playfield up much, but like to get it right, but not sure how, or where to begin. Any help from fellow owners is needed and appreciated!

Mine did this. I lifted it. Loosened the bolts of those two metal hangers and pushed them in further, tightened them back up. Seems much better but is still a little tight.

#3151 4 years ago

Rick you are a kind man for making these by hand for the price. I appreciate it and so does my met

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sparky believe it or not I didn't, I was too busy listening to the coinbox pinball podcasts most recent episodes as well as the pinball podcast with don and jeff....I totally planned on it but instead just enjoyed listening to some others. I have a crazy weekend of work ahead of me, but on Sunday I am driving to pick up some NOS WWF Royal Rumble playfields and plan to record then, I should have a lot to talk about.

Unfortunately the box doesn't fit into a jeep liberty, but picking game up at the shipping warehouse did allow me time to cut the box open, slide game into my gar, and then toss the empty box into their dumpster so I didn't have to deal with it. I kept my WWE LE box as it was my first NIB....this time didn't seem necessary. I may keep my AMH box when it comes from Spooky Pinball just because it could be so rare that future buyer may want original box, but again I doubt thats a game I will sell. Had to work on bathroom remodel tonight but got down to the location where the game is at and managed to put up 122 million in the few games I got on it so I shall sleep easier tonight knowing its playing well.

TOmmy?! hahaha, congrats on getting a met! I just realized after that short convo above you are the guy from the podcasts. Always driving around moving games Glad to hear the trip went well

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thank you,
Surprised to find another listener, I think that makes you #5. Trip went great other than the fact that I had to do housework today after getting back to town and setting up the game at the arcade...and will be working 20 hour days the next two days, but come next Tuesday I will be playing the game a lot, hopefully have another podcast recorded this Sunday as well.

I told Nate this form c2c...I've listened to a handful of your podcasts and get this feeling that we've talked shop a bunch and are friends...but...you have never spoken to me and I now feel like a weird stalker......I like the way you talk...on the podcast....annnd I'm done being creepy

You are a joy to listen to. I'll have to queue some up on my drive this weekend. I hear your stories and it reminds me of the few I've had...and makes me wish I had a buddy or more money to make more trips

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What am I? Chopped liver? You skip over my One and Dones?

I don't remember....I only listened to a handful of the one and done, then kind of spaced on pin podcasts do if you did yours after tommy's first few, sorry! I need to catch up! Maybe I do remember one you did...... My memory is about as good as a gold fish :-/

I have thought about doing one...but you always criticize your own voice, ya know?

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've noticed that the hooks on my Pro don't fall right into place like previous Stern games I have owned. No biggie - just a slight bit of extra pressure to get it in. I do notice that it takes a bit more of a heave to lift up, though.

Lift the PF up, those two hinge/hooks. Loosen the screws and you can adjust them a little bit. Mine is "tight" but a hell of a lot better than the first time I tried to put it back in.

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I just got the call, my Met is finally at the shipping terminal. I am picking it up after work today My kids have a track meet tonight and a soccer game Sat. morning so it will be Sat. evening before I will even get to unbox it. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

WHAT?! Don't wait! pull an all nighter

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day while listening to Taylor's One and Done. I've only done Skype once, with Charlie on the Spooky Pinball podcast, but he did the recording for both of us on his end. PM if you know how to make it happen

google chat (hang outs I think they call it now) is good for this group talking or skype

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does anybody know if a 'mantis style' (inside the rim) protector for the mystery hole exists? I'd rather do that than the full collar cliffy style.

Yes there is, forgot who makes it. Read this thread a few pages back. Someone posted it...or it was in the metallica mod tribute thread.

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The most important thing to do before pressing start is throw away the balls that Stern sends you and replace with quality ones!

YES! I ordered like 15 balls from PBL. Just LOOK at the stern balls when you get them. They aren't even high shiny nice looking...

#3197 4 years ago

Ah drop target mylar, nice. I have a large sheet, but .45 cents...ya well worth it.

#3208 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Time to set up in a garage for a night....just grabbed mine yesterday, you shall enjoy sir.

How are you liking it?

Can't wait for the spinners and colordmd

#3216 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Hate to ask again but did you add plastic leg protectors?
Also, which protector did you install in the mystery scoop?
thanks

I usually like felt ones, but the new sterns have protectors built in...no need unless you get ones that stick out for some color.

#3218 4 years ago

Ricks sparky protector is installed! Just played a while with the gf...she's better than me on many games lol

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

WTF! My brand new game is dead in the water. No coils or flashers are working. Playing a game and all of a sudden flippers go dead ball drains and no ball kick out. Go into coil test and none of my coils are working. The voltage cut off switch at coin door is working. Got to be a fuse somewhere, none in the back box appear to be blown, are there more in the cabinet and where? This sucks!

It a ball ejects that would be a coil so some are working. Hmm I would lift up the pf and there should be a manaual stoked to the side, also look for any wires that broke off the coil lug. I don't remember where the fuses are but I think there are some under side of pf

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I compared them, the motor in Cointaker's Red Tremor shaker is a smaller diameter motor, it turns approximately 1000 rpm faster than the Stern shaker, and the motor shafts are a smaller diameter than the Stern. The rotating weights on the Stern shaker are a little heavier as well.

My coin taker shaker is much more violent than my stern. It shakes but I haven't had any rattle or parts becoming loose issue yet. The glass is so tight in the channels I does not rattle.

#3247 4 years ago

This game must be crushing it. I'd love to see sales numbers, especially acdc vs met

#3284 4 years ago

That is just the magnet that had a chunk come out? You can get new magnet cores....but ya maybe stern would cover it under warranty.

nicoga3000 - did your plastic break in the rear right?

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Zoom in. On the left of the magnet. It's a big chunk of paint off the PF.

OH GEEZ. I didn't notice it at first....

#3299 4 years ago

I need to clean and then put that mylar on...asap

Even with the protector I can see air balls still happening, but that seems like a freak accident.. This is the first I've seen, but I haven't been in the met club long

#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yes you do. It's a BITCH to install, but after seeing those pics above, I'm glad I did it.

Is it!? I figured the sparky would be meh, but the cross would be harder as you have to take off the plastic.... is it worse than I suspect?!

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Cutting the hole in the mylar to fit around the magnet is ridiculously difficult. Although I can tell you, the magnet is almost EXACTLY the same diameter as a nickel. So you can trace that onto the magnet and cut that. Just annoying overall.

you think it would be worth buying the marco ones already cut then?

#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Wouldn't it be easier to put the mylar on without cutting, and then use an exacto to cut around it and remove the center? I've done that with other magnet games.

I'll be trying that

#3310 4 years ago

I have a sheet already and the pbl circles. But sometimes paying a few bucks is worth the time and cutting

#3339 4 years ago

nicoga3000 - did you try this type of screw driver?

#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

heard that as well...and have heard both.
quick question....... on the right ramp, when you don't make it up the ramp and the ball comes back down, the right pick target gets in the way and its not a clean run down the ramp. On mine, the ball comes down and bangs off the back of the right pick target. Is that normal?

On mine the ball comes back down, bounces between the 2 posts then drops

#3354 4 years ago

maybe the volume in the settings have to get adjusted?

#3371 4 years ago

Give Melissa at cointaker a call and ask

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Done. Thanks!

What did she say!? Besides best place to buy from

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I would be interested to know what was said also. I am looking at moving a pin to buy a MET pro. If somebody is giving better pricing to pre pay for a slightly later run that might work well for me. It would give me time to sell something.

I am 99.99999% sure you won't find a better price. CT is awesome. Call up Melissa and ask

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Regarding availability...Stern is doing another run, but the allotment for this future run is already sold out to distribs. Whether the distribs are sold out or not, I'm not sure.
I was asked by Melissa to not discuss pricing.

Ya no pricing talk, but CT sent mine. Super amazing to work with. Man another sold out allotment...great seller!

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are yall sweet talking her? I've bought 4 NIB pins in the last 2 years and CT was always a couple hundred more than most of the other main distributors I called. Not trying to derail things but I'm curious why I have such a large difference in pricing exp.

I called a few, but their pricing was great and you get some perks!

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, like this one, but in 7/8" size:
short-length-spade-bits-393.jpg
I put the protector on top, marked the center of the eyeball as best I could, then drilled it over a block of wood until the main meat of the bit started hitting the plastic, then flipped it over and used the center hole to re-align and cut from the back.

Love it! thanks!

1 week later
#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

You know that's the translite that comes on the roadcase premium, right?

and you can see the stern logo in the lower right.... Ohhh man. Yeah I love the pro trans.

1 week later
#3634 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes 2 balls are ejected into the shooter lane? They seem to almost come out simultaneously and it only happens once every 5-6 games. Hard to track down the cause since it's irregular.

Also the scoop of the trough, that can break the welds and allow it no balls out or multiple balls. My tron and csi broke. I'm still getting the 1-2 times extra eject to get a ball out ever now and then on metallica.

1 week later
#3730 4 years ago

Looks like stern may make a new premium run

#3736 4 years ago

They are just wanting customers to tell their distributor and if there is enough interest they may? It was posted to FB... kinda trolling, but there have been many wanting one and the license is still valid.

#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Power Ball captive ball.
power-captive.jpg

do you not have the snake tongue sticker?

#3755 4 years ago

I need to install my spinners! ugh!!! stupid house projects and wife making plans.

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope. Is it all that and a bag of chips?

And a can of pop! It just makes it look sooooo much better.

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

My LED Pro build on April 9th has 1.63 on it.

Mine too

#3793 4 years ago

always be nudging :/

#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Double checked when I got home:

image.jpg

maybe I need to recheck....I feel like sparky half the time all fried up

#3809 4 years ago

gosh darn it. I need to install the spinners..... stupid wiiu and splatoon!

1 week later
#3874 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Getting ready to start do the dots for "Seek and Destroy", can someone please tell me how to activate this mode?
Thanks in advance.

I got that mode last night and have no flipping clue how hahah. Hope someone can answer!

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I am finally back home and thought there was a 1.64 code for the METLE. The nSter website only shows 1.63, which I am on, but I thought for sure there was a 1.64??

I think my game was made in April and is running 1.63

#3895 4 years ago

All I had on my phone!

image.jpg

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Are the coffin, grave, snake, and sparky counters supposed to carry over ball to ball? I feel like mine dont. I gotta pay closer attention....but I feel like they reset after each ball, which would seem to make the crank it up modes harder to reach.

The scoring doesn't but for multiball count it does

#3959 4 years ago

well the GF will be happy my higher scores will be gone lol. On to spinners and new code tonight!

1 week later
#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can hit the scoop just fine. (Unless CIU is lit. )

unless extra ball is lit. Nothing like blowing all 3 balls with it lit... 0.o

#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hey gang.
just got my nib Metallica saturday. plan on placing and order for cliffys. is there any thing else i need?

mezelmods
snake tongue
snake fangs

Protectors
spinners from hooked

color dmd

and there are a ton more

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah....you just scratched the surface with those.

I don't even install my mods My spinners are half installed. I bought all the socket stuff to do extra lights for snake and mystery hole.....ughhhh I need to stop being busy.

#4158 4 years ago

Ya, I bought the socket and wires etc to made my own led kit, but haven't even opened the box they shipped in.... ugh

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Tell me about it, I'm installing light up game start buttons on 3 of my older games that have the plain white buttons and I'm developing a TOP SECRET DIY lighting mod that looks WAY COOL so far.

where do you find time?! I seem to ADHD and try to buy other things to fix then forget the pins are in the house

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

where do you find time?! I seem to ADHD and try to buy other things to fix then forget the pins are in the house

Oh, single..ya that does... the lady keeps making plans, then complains we are too busy...ROLF...duh...

Quoted from damageinc55:

I break it down the process and enjoy it while I have a glass of wine or beer at the end of the night. Don't rush it. I'll wire up the fixtures then install the next night. Half an hour here and there is all it takes...

I keep finding other projects to do. Almost bought a jeep wrangler that needed some work..I always forget about the pins :/ I have to mod up met, and fix the BH I've had over a year.....broken.

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I love this game, but it bugs the crap out of me that Blackened is used where Four Horsemen was clearly intended. The animation is the 4 dudes on horses, but that stupid "pick the song" contest ruined it. I love the song Blackened, but it doesn't go there. Rant off.

why don't you change it?

#4214 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

has anybody noticed that it is harder than heck to score with the new code? I can't even break 100 mil anymore

uhhh, I can't even get to 100mil, so no

1 week later
#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You do know you can rotate pictures now by selecting rotate after you download the picture.

I did not.... good to know!

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

does anyone not search any more before asking? this took me all of 10 seconds to find with a google search. geez people
http://bfy.tw/1Bxa
or
http://pin-protection.com/index.php/products/product/show/6-metallica-skull-flipper-button-protectors

Who pissed in your cereal?

#4337 4 years ago

I got one with the game from cointaker, it is awesome, and once you have it you never really notice it? idk just seems normal now. I like it!

#4348 4 years ago

I asked cointaker when I was about to order the pro....UGH..well the pro is fine.....

1 month later
#4529 4 years ago

1442274711507-1376379576.jpg

14422747779511953864826.jpg

1442274816151996536145.jpg

1442274865760-1072130122.jpg

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Thanks brother northvibe. That's what I assumed, I just wanted to see it and I'll move the pin tomorrow. Thanks for the pics

No problem! I'm a visual person do I need to see it to understand. They is no good shaker install, so it took me forever to get my tron and met shaker installed. I figured some pics would help glad to do so! Post up if switching those fixed it you can use a tiny screw driver or pick to hold the clip while you pull it out.

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Are Metallica Pro LED's Snakes shipping with fangs?
I saw that some people were ordering fangs on some of the mod sites to go with the tongue sticker.

They do not ship with fangs. You can get them at mezelmods

#4544 4 years ago

My father in law loves bud and Metallica. Can we get that out is that Canada only?

1 week later
#4596 4 years ago

Can anyone with a machine check to see if your clear is chipping at the edge of the drain?

My build is from April 2015, which may be one of the boards with flaking issues? I forgot when that was.

I haven't called stern yet, I know they wear. But this is HOU with maybe 200 ish plays.

20150925_180138.jpg

20150925_180212.jpg

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I always put mylar on that area, balls fly in there pretty hard sometimes and pound the shit out of that edge. In my experience a small amount of mylar that wraps over the edge will stop this from happening.

Ugh. Wish I did that before I used it but man.... with such little plays...seems crazy. So do I try and repair this, then cover?

#4643 4 years ago

Ohhhhh that's how. I didn't think it would chip that bad from dropping in. Ugh. Still need to hit stern up but I think someone said mantis makes one. I'd take a cliffy or mantis protector. Didn't think of this happening on such low plays

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I checked my LE with close to 1000 games on it and looks unchipped at this point.

Time to get the warranty working. thanks for checking.

1 month later
#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey guys, if anyone has purchased a backup set of plastics from marcos here - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-E3 and has them handy, would you mind scanning them or taking some good quality photos of them? Scanning would be preferred but not everyone has a scanner The Virtual Pinball community thanks you in advance!

Metallica_Premium_Plastics.jpg

I actually did purchase the plastics...and have one of the HP picture scanners. Some of the plastics will have to be stitched together....buttt if you need anything........

5 months later
#6996 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone know if this is a problem in both the pros and the premiums and/or if it has been corrected in the units being shipped now? I am considering a NIB MET (also considering GB, ST, and SM VE once I can play them all and would appreciate any thoughts) and just want to know what I may be in for. Thanks.

I have a nib met pro from April 2014 and have never had one issue

1 month later
#7373 3 years ago

Mmmmm lots of new speech added

3 months later
#8601 3 years ago

Ya the coffin lock looks good!

2 weeks later
#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Cliffy carbon fiber looks and works great

Just got my cliffy order and had two CF rings for my met

#8698 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've been interested in getting a met pro for a long time now. Is there a date range of these pins to stay away from? Pins built after June or July 2016? I'm very nervous about getting one with a bad playfield, ghosting, chipping, etc... Any thoughts on this?

I don't know if they've run the game for a while. The only issue I remember was ones made around April 2014...

1 week later
#8755 3 years ago

He was working on a pro version.... :/ but he became busy I think.

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think what he meant was aurich made a limited run of numbered hammers. But he was looking into making a mass produced (pro) version that never got off the ground.
Both hammers were for Prem/le Met pinballs.

Yar, this. He made Le/prem limited run. And mentioned doing a pro hammer mod, never happened, so far. Hope he gets around to it!

#8772 3 years ago

Metallica's new album is out!!! Pretty good Long ass songs so 2 cd's, 6 on each.

Stern signs another license with Metallica.....update with a new song on?!?!??! xmas gift?!?!

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The re-up is great news. I'm looking at one for my location. Has anyone been routing one to know what might wear? I'm a little concerned about the Sparky magnet. Is that a valid concern? Any other areas? Anything that can be done to protect them?

protectors on both magnets, must level magnet again with protector. I got cliffy CF ones and the mylar ones. Going cf I think.

ALso get the extended sparky plastic protector to help with air balls.. Otherwise the standard drain and shooter lane protectors..

#8789 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For those who have installed the Pinbits plastic protector set what additional hardware did you need? There is a comment on the Pinbits site: "Please, order in addition thin washers and thin locknuts."

If you use stock hardware the locking nut won't thread to the nylon. This can work. If you want locking nut to work you'll need updated ones. Kind of a preference

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not my experience after removing the big metal washer. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a game by game issue.
Pinbits - I needed nothing.

No my nut threaded but the nylon locking section wouldn't catch.

#8818 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Very odd then. As you can see mine go nearly flush.
Sparky ones could use to come down more but they hold just fine.

Here are mine with large plastic protectors

You can see the colored VS stock the nylons isn't engaging.

IMG_2783 (resized).JPG

IMG_2784 (resized).JPG

IMG_2785 (resized).JPG

#8824 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can replace those standard height ESNA lock nuts with the thinner (jam nuts) that places like scot @ pinrepair.com sells
http://pinrestore.com/Hardware.html (about 1/2 down the page)

right on! thank you.

FYI Swinks is having a sale!!! 25% off and you can get your marshall plunger!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-pinball-sale-weekend-25-shapeways-gear

6 months later
#10951 2 years ago

Here is what I use. It works great, has a customizable setting to dim when a game has started, and is much more affordable if you just want white LEDs to replace the fluorescent tube:
http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

What's install like? Any cut wires and can it be reversed if you sell the game?

Man the glare off the backbox is now worse then the dmd

#10957 2 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey All! Remember me? Im the dude who had an F5 and F7 fuse burn out on him.
Well, I bought a new magnet board and replaced those fuses with 8 amp slo blows. And ya know what? It seemed to work. I was playing the game today, however, and the flippers stopped working. Of course both of those fuses were destroyed. And now that I think about it, the hammer magnet never went off tonight. What the heck is going on? I am not sure how to debug this.
Should I just call a repairman to check it out?

Sounds like a board issue, if there are no issues with the mechs and wires below the pf.

My tron did a similar flipper fuse blow out and it was a transtor plus maybe some other issue, but I sent the boards off to Clive at the coin op cauldron.

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I'm having really bad GI flicker on my Met Premium. Would like to fix it before a tourney on Sunday I'm hosting but can't figure out what the problem could be.
Sometimes when I cycle the power it goes away for a game or so but then the GI flicker returns.
Any ideas?

All gi or only some?

Do you have the manual to see the matrix? Curious what line is common between them.

Is yours the original or led version? If original did you add leds?

Any other high power things have issues?

#10973 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

All gi or only some?
Do you have the manual to see the matrix? Curious what line is common between them.
Is yours the original or led version? If original did you add leds?
Any other high power things have issues?

Sounds like from the other thread it could be a connector or wire pulled to tight.

Hope you get it sorted tiger!

#10977 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I finished wiring up the Sound Caller kit for the spinners and now am moving on to installing the rising cross.

mmmmmm Going to be a sweet mod to a pro!

#10989 2 years ago

If you plug a prem raising cross into a pro...is it even in the code to raise up? Or do you need timebandit's stuff?

#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

For anyone who has not replaced that plastic deflector post in the orbit with the steel equivalent, you need to make this a priority! I was skeptical that what seems like such a minor change would make a big difference in gameplay, but boy does it!!!! The pop bumpers are in play much more with this metal post than with the stock one. It's not perfect, but instead of 100% of all shots around the orbit getting sent back the way they came, now only about 10-15% of them are.
The question I have about this is how in the world did this part ever survive any kind of real-world testing in Stern's factory before the game was released?

I haven't changed mine and it usually goes to the pops when it gets stopped :shurg:

#11047 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

But how often is it stopped vs. getting bounced back? That's what the metal post fixes.
For me, I went from 75% plus bounce backs to maybe 1%. It was that drastic...

you mean, hit the left orbit and get it bounced back the left orbit instead of dropping to the pops?

Mmmm sometimes? If it is a fast clean shot. I think I remember when this was first talked about and I had my game and didn't think it did it enough to warrant the new post but....mmmm I still may do this.

#11048 2 years ago

Damn you quoted me before I fixed it. The $10 is correct, reference Williams A-17986

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591

I think is it?

#11051 2 years ago

so much arm twisting I'll throw it in my cart for my next PBL order

#11059 2 years ago

Ok, just had league at my house. Ya I now have a handful of left orbits going back to the orbit. Blah, time for a pbl order

#11063 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I have achieved beating all the high scores on my game except for eotl and combo champ.
I don't seem to even get close to to 20 combos. Is this normal or do you guys score lots of combos per game?

For something like that, I only play to do that one goal. Otherwise last night I don't think I hit the ramps much :/

#11065 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I've started a lot of games thinking that way, then quit after about a minute and two brick/drains

hahaha...yeah. patience is key or take the glass off :-p

1 week later
#11110 2 years ago

I'll check mine when I get home as well.

#11122 2 years ago

Here is my fork and shooter lane.

I'm going to suggest you look at the metal piece just before the ball guide. Make sure it is a tad higher then the ball guide. Maybe the ball is catching on the lip?

IMG_3396 (resized).JPG

IMG_3397 (resized).JPG

IMG_3398 (resized).JPG

#11124 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Just wanted to say that I saw Metallica a few days ago in Orlando, and it was one of the best concerts I have seen in 30 years. What a show!! Makes me want to fly out to another show on this tour and see them again. If you have a chance to see them, do it!! They put on a spectacular show!

Friends and us saw Metallica at the new MN Dome thing, the hell is it called?. And yes, they are crazy awesome in concert I would recommend ear protection

#11143 2 years ago

Loosen screws that secure the coil stop, might as well loosen the screws on the other side of the coil bracket too. Squeeze the assembly together to remove as much gap as possible and re-tighten.

HA! so that is what the buzzing is from!? Great tips guys! Now I kind of want one of mine to buzz so I can fix it

#11155 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there is a spring washer that vibrates if the coil stops do not hold the coil in place securely. see an earlier post that I made on this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/179#post-3491335

Ah yes that spring washer. Interesting. I never really knew so it's nice to learn!

2 weeks later
#11262 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

agree, pinball life for shaker motors if not going with the Stern. I have PBL in our Metallica Pro and ghostbusters Prem. They're PERFECT and very very easy to install.

I have the CT red tremor in my met pro. Gets a little wild but all good!

2 weeks later
#11392 2 years ago

Which shaker do you guys have? The coin taker red tremor is a little wild but the stern/pinball life one is a little less.

I have the red tremor in my met pro. I don't mind the earthquake

2 months later
#11792 2 years ago

Has anyone with a met pro got their PF replaced and the switch wire harness in the cab not fit with the new pf switch plugs? Just talked with Stern and they are sending an adapter harness...but not sure.....

#11795 2 years ago

Was your pf replaced due to ghosting inserts? Is it a Pro or a Pro LED? I'm not sure but maybe there was a harness difference between the two? The only difference I knew about the Pro LED is that is has jumper (resistor?) circuit boards added to the insert plugs on the MPU.

I think I had a pro led gen 2 (is what I call it) Had the pcb led boards for the FUEL lights. My replacement board has leds there but they are the 555? socketed lights.

All the plugs work, except the switches... let me attach a pic.

I will say, the new pf has some massive clear coat and looks much better then the old pfs

6A40C758-A745-4A5D-AD35-A079E570BF86 (resized).jpeg

#11800 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just wanna see a shiny new pf!

oh shoot! I didn't get on last night. I'll take some tonight for you. If you look at like GB or met pro, it is obvious to the difference. I'll post about the harness when I receive it.

#11802 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just wanna see a shiny new pf!

Here’s a few pics. In real life it looks like glass.

3C9EE96A-D063-466B-AC3B-B83E19504985 (resized).jpeg

47D87664-EA8D-4CCD-9EAA-C711567AF6FA (resized).jpeg

E90B9288-978C-4DA6-80C4-6F5A95A23159 (resized).jpeg

87F4E7A9-0064-4F1E-AA0D-44BAD53F20BA (resized).jpeg

78578298-1032-4FD1-8B13-9EF159EF4D25 (resized).jpeg

#11806 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, I'm getting a replacement field for my ghosted Met Pro. I've had this pin for a little over a year, and it has some decent ghosting and has been slowly getting worse and new inserts are being affected. I really didn't push hard for this, but am very grateful and feel better about having the replacement. The reason I didn't push for this is I have a Refinery edition (heavily modified), and am a little intimidated about the transfer of the mods. For the people who have replaced the field (excluding any mods), is it pretty straight forward? Just curious on the main process...number of connectors in the box, any grounds I need to worry about, is anything in the back box I need to worry about? I'm not shy about most things with working on pins, but I suck at soldering (I'm too shaky). Any info on the process is appreciated.

I’m in the middle of this. The worst part is getting the harness to go from the head to the cab if you don’t remove the wire holders.

Most the plugs come off the boards in the head. And get removed with the pf. New pf comes and the mod swap takes a bit but the new pf mounts and plugs in. However! My switch harness didn’t align so I called and they are shipping some adapter.... see how that goes. Otherwise my met pro is sitting with an attact mode and nothing else... no switches work

#11815 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

For those who have received replacement playfields. I have a quite a few mods (custom Sparky, snake head with LED eyes, colored leds, and more). I plan to remove these things before I send the damaged playfield back. Does Stern care if Sparky,etc is missing. I've told Pat Powers what I'm gonna do, but he hasn't responded. I assume they don't care...as the playfield will probably be dumped. Just curious for those who have been through this.

Mmm i didn’t have a custom sparky but left my shooter lane cliffy on. The new pf came fully populated so that may have to wait for pat.

Ya my met did this and it’s old. I have new decals waiting but I’m waiting to install.

#11828 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Spent all day pulling mods off. That's done, and I looked at the wiring Any advice of how to get the harnesses from the cab to the head. I want to keep the wire holders on if possible. Don't need a knotted spaghetti mess. I thought the installation wouldn't be that bad...now, I'm not so sure.
Any advice is welcome...but I think I'm seeing it. A lot of planning and moving slow. Tons of pics and videos. I'm so looking forward to the new playfield, and even though this is a pain, I'm thankful Stern took care of me.

I ended up cutting my holders open and feeding the wires down easier. Just need to find more zip ties to reattach but that is easy compared to not cutting them.

They shipped the new pf with the right wire holder but not the left. Iirc

Also, you may have to call stern tech support and ask for the switch harness adapter.

3CDDBD8C-B42E-4EC0-A663-DBB88CEDAC2A (resized).jpeg

#11836 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I didn't cut the wires. Just kept going. Damn! This is more work than I thought, but done. Next is send it off, and then the fun begins putting the new playfield back in. Spike may have its issues, but a SAM playfield swap is not an easy thing to do. I watched a Spike (GB) playfield swap and that looked like a piece of cake.

Mmm glad you didn’t cut the wires. I had to loosen the left board, slide up, then could get more connectors out. Also I think I had to cut many zip ties to open up wire bundles. Putting it back was not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be, but it also isn’t a tight neat harness now.

Your pf ships and about 3-4 days it usually gets there then they like super ship your new on on a pallet. So you’ll probably get a call from a driver

#11838 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks for your help. I keep going over everything in my mind...feel like I took too much out, but that’s the way it was. I even reopened it and ran the wires again this morning...all looked correct. Should get the box any day now and it’ll get shipped back to Stern. Hopefully get the new one and all installed in the next week or 2.

Man I thought video or pics of our tear out mah of helped someone but I have barely heard of anyone swapping met pf’s, so I didn’t .

It looks super hard but isn’t too bad once you unzip tie. Took me longer to take my mods off lol

If pat from stern calls and you have an led met with the pcb leds for the fuel lights (center of pf) ask for them to throw in the switch harness. Otherwise you’ll be waiting 5 more days after calling and having them ship it

#11852 2 years ago

I thought only the Prem/LE had those LED boards? I have an LED Pro built last year and it uses regular sockets.

My led pro from 2014 had them

#11854 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you sure? I didn't think they ever made a version of the pro with LED boards.

I can only “remember” as I wanted to color my fuel lights and couldn’t swap leds so I was going to order the gel inserts but never did. If I could of swapped leds I would of done that

#11874 2 years ago

So had league at my house and my new met pf will not register ball drains. If you mess with the trough switches it finally goes but never when a ball drains.

I put it in switch test and all the switches seem to work just fine....

#11877 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Try to increase slope degrees slightly to get the balls to drain completely, or make sure it's leveled side to side...just starting with the easy changes.

I’ll have to Get my level out, but every time I opened the coin door they were all clicked as closed. I’d trip 4,3,3 and pop the 1 plunger and it keep doing that and something would trigger it :/

#11911 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So had league at my house and my new met pf will not register ball drains. If you mess with the trough switches it finally goes but never when a ball drains.
I put it in switch test and all the switches seem to work just fine....

I think I found it. THe fuel roll over switch was to tight so it was always closed. Thus the pf thought a ball was always in play. I tweaked it last night and will test today!

#11931 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My replacement field comes tomorrow!! Then the fun of putting it in and re-installing all my mods. Can't wait to play my Met pro again!!

Let us know what you think!

SO my ball trough is acting up again. Fixed the fuel roll over but last night at league it seemed like one of the trough switches wouldnt register drains. I will have to monkey with them.... ANnoying. Also the PF had saw dust allllll over it. But again, the clear looks so much better.

I also noticed they changed their trough eject scoop! So I've had most my older sterns welded as they crack/break at a weld spot. So now the top of the scoop comes down the sides some and is welded there. I assume it is to help fix the welds breaking.

3 weeks later
#12127 2 years ago

You can also try rolling back the last ball and see if you can wiggle the led out a hole

3 weeks later
#12276 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone remembers, but my replacement pf was giving me issues when draining and it not knowing a ball drained. I did switch tests and such and everything seemed to work...however! I found the issue. Trough switch 4, is very stiff and if the bal