Topic Stats

• 16,819 posts
  • 945 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TinyBlackDog
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,849 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg
20190912_083330 (resized).jpg
20190912_083321 (resized).jpg
2905F0AD-0501-43A0-BA96-25707AD54169 (resized).jpeg
6C64922E-247F-47D9-9FD4-5F66DE05ADED (resized).jpeg
IMG_2749 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.11.33 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6987 3 years ago

When there is three hits left before starting multiball on Sparky, all the lights on my playfield will slightly dim. After Spakey is complete and the multiballs are launched all the lights on the playfield return to their normal strength. This is something that just started happening...Anyone know why?

1 week later
#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm contemplating joining the club with a NIB Metallica Pro purchase. However, there are rumours that Stern is late/behind on their usual production runs and so it seems uncertain when they might next produce Metallica Pro.
For interest's sake, can someone who's recently purchased a Metallica Pro respond with the date of manufacture on their machine? Trying to date the latest production run.
Any sense here of how often Stern has been running Metallica Pros over say, the last 12 months or so?
Thx.

March 07. Kept getting put on back order but its the best pinball I have ever played.

#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Quoted from another thread :
Pro's and Premiums NIB in stock at Little Shop of Games in Florida.
(561) 248-9628
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whats the price on that one

1 week later
#7141 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

May 03, 2013 build date.
Game needs a clean, but no wear at magnet.

How is that possible???? My game was made in March of 2016 and there are dimples everywhere. My playfield is a lot cleaner, but my magnet is worn and has dents everywhere.

#7142 3 years ago

For now I am going to use this tape to prevent the ball from jumping after hitting Sparkey which is causing a lot of the damage.

20160527_082557_(resized).jpg

#7154 3 years ago

How do you display instant info during gameplay?

#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hold a flipper in until it is displayed.

What version are you playing? Nothing happens when I do this.

#7158 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

It's not exactly "instant info" as one might think. You need to hold a flipper and give it a few seconds then you can let it scroll through all the info or if you're like me, you'll use the other flipper to flip through all of the info screens while still holding first flipper. For a quicker look. Hope that helps

Just tried it and it works.

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just tried it and it works.

Thanks

#7161 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

For reference purposes, this has been a standard on *most* DMD style games since 1991.
A few manufacturers had some excluded with coding, but not many.
This feature was also included in some alpha numeric games as well in the late 80s.
Useful when trying to reach "wizard modes".

Thanks for the info, I'm still new to this.

#7178 3 years ago

20160528_163040_(resized).jpg

#7184 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod, but it's been bugging me that I have to too toe to see the rollover inserts and my son can't see them at all. No way am I losing the snake mod, so I rigged up a mirror to enable us to see the inserts. I think I like it here, it doesn't block anything, and it makes it nice and easy to see which inserts are lot. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions to make it look better, or has done this differently.

Looks like you far left lane light is out. This must be a common problem as mine is also out and will occasionally flicker.

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

HUh, didn't even notice that bulb is out. First bulb I will have to change on this game.

Mine was out to (LED) but I was able to push it back in and it worked without having to replace it. Sometimes it goes off and on.

#7193 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, removed the rollover divider thingy and tweaked the socket...all good.

Yours must be the LED bulb then also. Mine still turns off and on.

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

If its flickering or turning on/off its still a connection issue

I think its due to the plastic protector not working very well. Each time the ball hits the plastic lane, it then touch/pushes on the light.

#7241 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your Magnet core really isn't that bad, the issue is you never protected the wood around the core. Every game I've had with magnet cores like this I'd just get a piece of Mylar and lay it over the magnet so about 1" of the wood all around the core is protected then use a exacto blade and cut the Mylar off over the core (this to me works even better then the cliffy magnet core protectors). This will prevent the kind of wear you have on your Playfield.

Do you have a picture of what you are describing?

#7242 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

No. Wear started out of the blue. Advice was magnet to low so I took it out and tryed to file it flat, for it was high in the middle. And try to stop any future damage. I could not get it perfect, so I am going to put a new magnet in and a Cliffy to try to stop damage to my game. Iam hoping this works.

There is a good video on youtube which walks you through this if you never removed one before.

1 week later
#7301 3 years ago

Over 1000 plays now

20160527_085419_(resized).jpg

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What? No side art panels?
But seriously the playfield looks great.

Just keeping it stock, don't have anymore money to put into it. Best pin I have ever played!

#7305 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wouldn't use that cleaner wax on a pin if I were you. It isn't just wax, there's an abrasive material in there.
I use mothers step 3. It's 100% carnuba wax. The cans look virtually identical

Didn't know that. Will have to change it.

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I bought that same cleaner wax on accident. It still works great on my car.
Here's a pic of the stuff you want.

Not going to use it anymore. But for the few times I did, the playfield came out great!

#7336 3 years ago

Need help installing the magnet control board. Where is this located?

20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg

#7340 3 years ago

Ok, everyone relax. This board has been installed along with the washers which address the coffin issue.

20160622_073526_(resized).jpg

#7347 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome.
For the record i wasnt being sarcastic in my verbose instructions. You are new to pinside so i was verbose on purpose. Hope i didnt offend.
Glad you got it replaced.

All good. These are the washers I used. Only needed one on each side.

#7348 3 years ago

20160622_070831_(resized).jpg

#7350 3 years ago

This is where the washers go. Pic was provided to me by ROB "SomeCaliGuy".

b682d0f8272b031977eb6db8ee24f5246bf58792_(resized).jpg

#7352 3 years ago

It would be good if they did, but I don't want them to take away any of the songs on there now.

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lots of memory left (given how much is available for re-coloring using smartdmd

Then why are there only 12 songs to choose from?

#7368 3 years ago
Quoted from sshughes75:

Look what just showed up! Plenty of unboxing pics in this thread already, but I thought I'd add a few more anyway. And now, time to get down to business.

The best

#7390 3 years ago

So the new code is worth it?

#7419 3 years ago

No one has been able to tell me, but what or where did the character Sparky come from? Just trying to add to the nostalgia of the game since I don't know Sparky's meaning.

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There's an interview on coast2coast with dirty Donny and he tells the story of naming sparky.
The basic jist was...Dirty Donny was hanging out with James Hetfield when he sketched the character for the first time. Hetfield liked it and told him to write Tallica Sux on his shirt. But he didn't have a name until until John Borg saw the sketch and called him Sparky.

Why is he being electrocuted?

#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does anyone have an issue of the ball getting stuck in the left orbit lane? If the ball is moving slow, it gets stuck.

Never. Mine just keeps getting stuck on the snakes lip/

#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine does that too, and also when it rests against the pop bumper.

Any way to fix the ball from getting stuck on the snakes lip? This just started happening.

#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Mine did this as well... at the factory they installed the screw supporting the snake tongue too low inside of the jaw. The only solution is to remove the entire snake assembly so that you can relocate the screw so that the tongue is raised and level with the snake's lip. It's a real pain to do but very much worth while.
In the below pic you can see the hole where the screw was originally installed.

Yours was doing this?

20160616_161810_(resized).jpg

#7492 3 years ago

Not going to work if the ball is wedged in between here as seen in the picture.

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

No, in my case the ball was stuck inside the lip itself... looks like your entire jaw is too low, so all you need is to raise the snake jaw... probably just a screw under the jaw assembly, will take you 5 minutes to do, tops. Try #8 on page B22 in the manual.

Looked at that but don't see it fixing the issue. It just started to happen.

2 weeks later
#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

PREM / LE owners- any issue with coffin magnet trough in which the ball gets frequently jammed?
I know a thread exists for this issue just wondering how much of a problem it is or not.
I keep thinking its a leveling issue. Strange.

Yes, I have been having this issue. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-magnetcoffin-issue
Have tried to fix it but no luck. I don't think it's a level issue.

#7889 3 years ago

The other issue is that the ball keeps getting stuck just before the snakes lip.

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Snake is sitting too low. Raise the snake up using the screw directly under his mouth under the playfield. When leveled properly the cliffy is unnecessary because the ball never reaches the edge of the wood before it enters the snake.

Which part do I need to take off to raise the snake?

1 week later
#8031 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Joined the club. Hoping that there is no ghosting, unlike my SMVE.

Best game ever!

3 months later
#8853 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Vanished, there was tracking and I checked with RL Carriers frequently before giving up hope. It made it to LAX but RL's delivery terminal there never received it, and that was that. I'm still amazed.

Did RL have to pay for a new one?

10 months later
#11783 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.
Moving machines to a charity show - one of the straps gave way.
Have started the strip down to get all the glass out. Have cleared the top of the playfield, now to start on the bottom

No!!!!!!! I hope they still work.

#11798 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Lets see some pics please!!

Does it have coating on both sides of the playfield?

#11808 1 year ago

NIB-

m (resized).jpg

#11810 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Like, you just opened it? Either way. Those decals are easy to replace. Contact Stern and I'm sure they will have no problem sending you a replacement.

Yes, this game is not mine but it was JUST opened (NIB) and now only has a few plays on it. The decal on the coin door also said "STAR TREK" and not "Metallica". The decals are coming off on both sides.

#11817 1 year ago

Here is the game with the Starr trek decal. This is a NIB game. The game does not belong to me. A

image (resized).jpeg

#11819 1 year ago

On my met pre. They forgot to put a sticker on the coin door.

#11826 1 year ago

After looking at the build date on the back it says May of 2015.

11 months later
#14343 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's because the cross is seen as a christian symbol and that isn't acceptable with some other countries. It's probably a setting so the game isn't banned in those other countries.
Rob

Might be the same as how the SS is Kiss is changed not to look like lightning bolts in the German games.

2 months later
#15344 10 months ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Ok so after the code update I notice that when I’m in Any multi ball if a ball is hit into the snake it’s held until all the other balls drain, then it ejects??

I know it does that on the prem.

#15351 9 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Theres a setting in there for whether or not you want the snake to hold the ball during multiball.

Is this for the pro also?

5 months later
#16380 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Pinball is a weird game. I haven't had a good game on my MET Pre in a few months. I got over 100M a coupe of times, but that's it. Frustrating. Today I went down to play a quick game or two - and blew it up with 460M+ a new Grand Champion score for me! Had three CIU modes too; so close to EotL.... so close... But I'll probably never get that.

Are you using the new code?

#16404 4 months ago

Is there any way to adjust the flipper power on this game or any other Stern games?

1 week later
#16455 3 months ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Hey I just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link to a custom Metallica Sparky topper that we built. It has multiple levels, 3-D electro balls and custom molded front face.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where am I able to get this?

1 month later
#16617 68 days ago

Has anyone replaced the sparky mag? If so how?

#16623 67 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just did. The magnet core is just threaded in but held on by a very tight nut. Scroll back a bit in this thread for ideas on breaking it loose. I pulsed the magnet a bunch of times. I don't see how that helped but it did.

How bad was the mag? How many plays did you have before it need to be replaced?

2 weeks later
#16644 54 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Howdy all! I'm late to the party want to say hello.[quoted image]

Didn't know they still made Metallicas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside