51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6987 7 years ago

When there is three hits left before starting multiball on Sparky, all the lights on my playfield will slightly dim. After Spakey is complete and the multiballs are launched all the lights on the playfield return to their normal strength. This is something that just started happening...Anyone know why?

1 week later
#7058 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm contemplating joining the club with a NIB Metallica Pro purchase. However, there are rumours that Stern is late/behind on their usual production runs and so it seems uncertain when they might next produce Metallica Pro.
For interest's sake, can someone who's recently purchased a Metallica Pro respond with the date of manufacture on their machine? Trying to date the latest production run.
Any sense here of how often Stern has been running Metallica Pros over say, the last 12 months or so?
Thx.

March 07. Kept getting put on back order but its the best pinball I have ever played.

#7089 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Quoted from another thread :
Pro's and Premiums NIB in stock at Little Shop of Games in Florida.
(561) 248-9628
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whats the price on that one

1 week later
#7141 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

May 03, 2013 build date.
Game needs a clean, but no wear at magnet.

How is that possible???? My game was made in March of 2016 and there are dimples everywhere. My playfield is a lot cleaner, but my magnet is worn and has dents everywhere.

#7142 7 years ago

For now I am going to use this tape to prevent the ball from jumping after hitting Sparkey which is causing a lot of the damage.

20160527_082557_(resized).jpg20160527_082557_(resized).jpg

#7154 7 years ago

How do you display instant info during gameplay?

#7156 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hold a flipper in until it is displayed.

What version are you playing? Nothing happens when I do this.

#7158 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

It's not exactly "instant info" as one might think. You need to hold a flipper and give it a few seconds then you can let it scroll through all the info or if you're like me, you'll use the other flipper to flip through all of the info screens while still holding first flipper. For a quicker look. Hope that helps

Just tried it and it works.

#7159 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just tried it and it works.

Thanks

#7161 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

For reference purposes, this has been a standard on *most* DMD style games since 1991.
A few manufacturers had some excluded with coding, but not many.
This feature was also included in some alpha numeric games as well in the late 80s.
Useful when trying to reach "wizard modes".

Thanks for the info, I'm still new to this.

#7178 7 years ago

20160528_163040_(resized).jpg20160528_163040_(resized).jpg

#7184 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod, but it's been bugging me that I have to too toe to see the rollover inserts and my son can't see them at all. No way am I losing the snake mod, so I rigged up a mirror to enable us to see the inserts. I think I like it here, it doesn't block anything, and it makes it nice and easy to see which inserts are lot. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions to make it look better, or has done this differently.

Looks like you far left lane light is out. This must be a common problem as mine is also out and will occasionally flicker.

#7191 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

HUh, didn't even notice that bulb is out. First bulb I will have to change on this game.

Mine was out to (LED) but I was able to push it back in and it worked without having to replace it. Sometimes it goes off and on.

#7193 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, removed the rollover divider thingy and tweaked the socket...all good.

Yours must be the LED bulb then also. Mine still turns off and on.

#7197 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

If its flickering or turning on/off its still a connection issue

I think its due to the plastic protector not working very well. Each time the ball hits the plastic lane, it then touch/pushes on the light.

#7241 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your Magnet core really isn't that bad, the issue is you never protected the wood around the core. Every game I've had with magnet cores like this I'd just get a piece of Mylar and lay it over the magnet so about 1" of the wood all around the core is protected then use a exacto blade and cut the Mylar off over the core (this to me works even better then the cliffy magnet core protectors). This will prevent the kind of wear you have on your Playfield.

Do you have a picture of what you are describing?

#7242 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

No. Wear started out of the blue. Advice was magnet to low so I took it out and tryed to file it flat, for it was high in the middle. And try to stop any future damage. I could not get it perfect, so I am going to put a new magnet in and a Cliffy to try to stop damage to my game. Iam hoping this works.

There is a good video on youtube which walks you through this if you never removed one before.

1 week later
#7301 7 years ago

Over 1000 plays now

20160527_085419_(resized).jpg20160527_085419_(resized).jpg

#7303 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What? No side art panels?
But seriously the playfield looks great.

Just keeping it stock, don't have anymore money to put into it. Best pin I have ever played!

#7305 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wouldn't use that cleaner wax on a pin if I were you. It isn't just wax, there's an abrasive material in there.
I use mothers step 3. It's 100% carnuba wax. The cans look virtually identical

Didn't know that. Will have to change it.

#7307 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I bought that same cleaner wax on accident. It still works great on my car.
Here's a pic of the stuff you want.

Not going to use it anymore. But for the few times I did, the playfield came out great!

#7336 7 years ago

Need help installing the magnet control board. Where is this located?

20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg20160621_185647-2_(resized).jpg

#7340 7 years ago

Ok, everyone relax. This board has been installed along with the washers which address the coffin issue.

20160622_073526_(resized).jpg20160622_073526_(resized).jpg

#7347 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome.
For the record i wasnt being sarcastic in my verbose instructions. You are new to pinside so i was verbose on purpose. Hope i didnt offend.
Glad you got it replaced.

All good. These are the washers I used. Only needed one on each side.

#7348 7 years ago

20160622_070831_(resized).jpg20160622_070831_(resized).jpg

#7350 7 years ago

This is where the washers go. Pic was provided to me by ROB "SomeCaliGuy".

b682d0f8272b031977eb6db8ee24f5246bf58792_(resized).jpgb682d0f8272b031977eb6db8ee24f5246bf58792_(resized).jpg

#7352 7 years ago

It would be good if they did, but I don't want them to take away any of the songs on there now.

#7355 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lots of memory left (given how much is available for re-coloring using smartdmd

Then why are there only 12 songs to choose from?

#7368 7 years ago
Quoted from sshughes75:

Look what just showed up! Plenty of unboxing pics in this thread already, but I thought I'd add a few more anyway. And now, time to get down to business.

The best

#7390 7 years ago

So the new code is worth it?

#7419 7 years ago

No one has been able to tell me, but what or where did the character Sparky come from? Just trying to add to the nostalgia of the game since I don't know Sparky's meaning.

#7426 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There's an interview on coast2coast with dirty Donny and he tells the story of naming sparky.
The basic jist was...Dirty Donny was hanging out with James Hetfield when he sketched the character for the first time. Hetfield liked it and told him to write Tallica Sux on his shirt. But he didn't have a name until until John Borg saw the sketch and called him Sparky.

Why is he being electrocuted?

#7475 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does anyone have an issue of the ball getting stuck in the left orbit lane? If the ball is moving slow, it gets stuck.

Never. Mine just keeps getting stuck on the snakes lip/

#7488 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine does that too, and also when it rests against the pop bumper.

Any way to fix the ball from getting stuck on the snakes lip? This just started happening.

#7489 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Mine did this as well... at the factory they installed the screw supporting the snake tongue too low inside of the jaw. The only solution is to remove the entire snake assembly so that you can relocate the screw so that the tongue is raised and level with the snake's lip. It's a real pain to do but very much worth while.
In the below pic you can see the hole where the screw was originally installed.

Yours was doing this?

20160616_161810_(resized).jpg20160616_161810_(resized).jpg

#7492 7 years ago

Not going to work if the ball is wedged in between here as seen in the picture.

#7514 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

No, in my case the ball was stuck inside the lip itself... looks like your entire jaw is too low, so all you need is to raise the snake jaw... probably just a screw under the jaw assembly, will take you 5 minutes to do, tops. Try #8 on page B22 in the manual.

Looked at that but don't see it fixing the issue. It just started to happen.

2 weeks later
#7888 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

PREM / LE owners- any issue with coffin magnet trough in which the ball gets frequently jammed?
I know a thread exists for this issue just wondering how much of a problem it is or not.
I keep thinking its a leveling issue. Strange.

Yes, I have been having this issue. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-premium-magnetcoffin-issue
Have tried to fix it but no luck. I don't think it's a level issue.

#7889 7 years ago

The other issue is that the ball keeps getting stuck just before the snakes lip.

#7916 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Snake is sitting too low. Raise the snake up using the screw directly under his mouth under the playfield. When leveled properly the cliffy is unnecessary because the ball never reaches the edge of the wood before it enters the snake.

Which part do I need to take off to raise the snake?

1 week later
#8031 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Joined the club. Hoping that there is no ghosting, unlike my SMVE.

Best game ever!

3 months later
#8853 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Vanished, there was tracking and I checked with RL Carriers frequently before giving up hope. It made it to LAX but RL's delivery terminal there never received it, and that was that. I'm still amazed.

Did RL have to pay for a new one?

10 months later
#11783 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

B*ll*ck$.
Moving machines to a charity show - one of the straps gave way.
Have started the strip down to get all the glass out. Have cleared the top of the playfield, now to start on the bottom

No!!!!!!! I hope they still work.

#11798 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Lets see some pics please!!

Does it have coating on both sides of the playfield?

#11808 6 years ago

NIB-

m (resized).jpgm (resized).jpg

#11810 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Like, you just opened it? Either way. Those decals are easy to replace. Contact Stern and I'm sure they will have no problem sending you a replacement.

Yes, this game is not mine but it was JUST opened (NIB) and now only has a few plays on it. The decal on the coin door also said "STAR TREK" and not "Metallica". The decals are coming off on both sides.

#11817 6 years ago

Here is the game with the Starr trek decal. This is a NIB game. The game does not belong to me. A

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#11819 6 years ago

On my met pre. They forgot to put a sticker on the coin door.

#11826 6 years ago

After looking at the build date on the back it says May of 2015.

11 months later
#14343 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's because the cross is seen as a christian symbol and that isn't acceptable with some other countries. It's probably a setting so the game isn't banned in those other countries.
Rob

Might be the same as how the SS is Kiss is changed not to look like lightning bolts in the German games.

2 months later
#15344 5 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Ok so after the code update I notice that when I’m in Any multi ball if a ball is hit into the snake it’s held until all the other balls drain, then it ejects??

I know it does that on the prem.

#15351 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Theres a setting in there for whether or not you want the snake to hold the ball during multiball.

Is this for the pro also?

5 months later
#16380 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Pinball is a weird game. I haven't had a good game on my MET Pre in a few months. I got over 100M a coupe of times, but that's it. Frustrating. Today I went down to play a quick game or two - and blew it up with 460M+ a new Grand Champion score for me! Had three CIU modes too; so close to EotL.... so close... But I'll probably never get that.

Are you using the new code?

#16404 4 years ago

Is there any way to adjust the flipper power on this game or any other Stern games?

1 week later
#16455 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Hey I just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link to a custom Metallica Sparky topper that we built. It has multiple levels, 3-D electro balls and custom molded front face.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where am I able to get this?

1 month later
#16617 4 years ago

Has anyone replaced the sparky mag? If so how?

#16623 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just did. The magnet core is just threaded in but held on by a very tight nut. Scroll back a bit in this thread for ideas on breaking it loose. I pulsed the magnet a bunch of times. I don't see how that helped but it did.

How bad was the mag? How many plays did you have before it need to be replaced?

2 weeks later
#16644 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Howdy all! I'm late to the party want to say hello.[quoted image]

Didn't know they still made Metallicas.

2 months later
#16855 4 years ago

Is there a way to hear/play to the "live" versions of the Metallica songs? I found a way listen to the "live" AM songs on acdc.

#16860 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I wish !
Man AC/DC Jukebox is the BEST !
Would be Awesome for Met !
Same for IMDN , praying for Epic Jukebox Live vs Studio

AC/DC'S live jukebox is great, but why are you not able to play with the live music????

#16875 4 years ago

My playlist does not include end of the line

1 month later
#17130 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

1.8 indeed, and this game is a no regret purchase that’s for sure. I’m sure to most you guys this is just another Saturday night, but a very nice score for me . What a rush.[quoted image]

The game flows for sure. I feel that same rush!!!

1 week later
#17213 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi Guys,
Thanks for responding so quickly. I am glad it is a simple fix in the backbox. j_m_ - what did you mean by a through hole component? Sorry your talking to a non-techno wizards here. Can you please clarify.
Thank you.

Had that issue on a ST. Was the transistor. Had to take the board out and have a new one soldered on. Now it works fine.

10 months later
#17979 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Ordered a new core for the magnet on sparky some time ago finally got around to installing it. I was surprised after a handful of games with the new core there was some dimples on the new one already. It sure was time to change it! Gave the PF a coat of wax and played a bunch of games. Felt good to rock it out.
Side note, When I shoot the left loop, sometimes it won't go all the way around. Was there a way to change out that plunger in the back to a smaller one so it will do the loop. The loop will be lite but the ball will go up and come back down the same way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How hard was that to get out?

1 week later
#17987 3 years ago

What is the build date on that? A lot of machines during a certain time came like that from the factory.

2 weeks later
#18011 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I lent my Metallica to a buddy over the holidays but the gravestones are "popping up and down" at unforeseen times. He's a COMPLETE NEWBIE and doesn't even know how to raise a playfield so for now, I thought I'd tell him to DISABLE the gravestones, so he can -- at least -- continue to play the game until he can get someone out there to fix it (no time soon, obviously).
Can someone with a METALLICA tell me step-by-step which SETTINGS to update so that he can disable the gravestones and still be able to play?
Thanks a bunch!

I remember in the setting adjustments there was a way to disable sparky and his magnet, so I would think there would be a setting to disable the grave markers. Did you already go through the adjustment settings?

#18014 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

That's what I mean. I can't see his machine or go to his place (covid) so I can't advise him "in the blind". Can you tell me which MENU items he needs to click on to get to that option? For example, click on MENU first, then choose ADJUSTMENTS, then choose FEATURE ADJUSTMENTS, etc....?

Feature adjustments # 89 change to yes

1 week later
#18062 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have a Prenium and while in Sparky multiball today, all of a sudden the coffin magnet grabbed a ball. I shouldve turned the game off but I was confused and shot another ball at the coffin, which also stuck. Then the magnet released.
Turns out, it released because I blew the F7 fuse.
I haven't replaced it yet, but wondering if anyone has seen the coffin magnet energize during Sparky - it is definitely not supposed to, so not sure if I somehow triggered a bug or if I have something bigger going on that will come back when I replace thr fuse.

Check to make sure the transistor is still working. Usually when a fuse goes the transistor is shot.

#18068 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I replaced the fuse last night and everything seems ok. I'm still pretty new on the electronics and repair side, so where would I test that and how would I use the multimeter to do that? Thanks!

Quoted from Roostking:

Which transistor? HOU Met 199. My buddies 200 has never had the problem(Not that those #s matter in reality).

I think it was Q12. It is located on one of the boards. Had to use a solder to take it out / put it back in. The fuse continued to blow on mine after replacing it 3 times. That's when I checked the board and found the issue.

2 weeks later
#18148 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Has anyone used Pinball Browser to remove all language from the game? Even with insults turned down to LOW and Parental Content turned off there are still plenty of "hell yeah" and bleeps.

If anything the game needs more insults and harsher language. Always wanted black knight to step it up.

#18167 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I’m trying to get my parents to have a pinball machine and my dad is a big Metallica fan. The issue is they are concerned about what the grandkids would hear. I’m surprised the parental settings don’t turn everything off. Maybe this isn’t going to work.

There are going to learn sometime if they don't know already.

1 week later
#18225 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I just got my game. I played 2 games. Both times, at some point in the game, the flippers went dead. Like they didn’t have enough power. I have to play more to try to determine when. It wasnt multiball. Once it was right after I started for whom the bell tolls. 1ball in play.
Edit: I reseated all of the connectors in the back box. Seem to be good for now.
Extra question. My fluorescent bulb for the translite is not coming on completely. It flashes like its almost on, but never gets there. It almost looks intentional like its interactive, but I dont think it is. Guess I’ll try-a new starter real quick.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking cabinet.

1 month later
#18388 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wanna feel old? The 5th grader who wrote this MET review is now a senior. I need to have them back over here again.
[quoted image]

That is funny!

4 weeks later
#18453 2 years ago

Does anyone know the total count of Metallica machines ever made by Stern?

#18466 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s a bunch. They’ve produced MET on and off since 2013 and there don’t seem to be any shortage of them out there. Luckily it’s always in demand cause it kicks ass.

So would you say around 1,000 machines?

#18472 2 years ago

Metallica Pro sells's for around $6000, while a Tron Pro sells for over $8000. WTH?????

#18482 2 years ago

It's difficult to even tell demand when Stern does not release the number of machines made.

#18508 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I love my Met premium and don't think I will ever sell it. It doesn't get played as much as it used to but that's because I've had it for many years.
Hmm... calling Spike and Spike2 games Homepins..., that's pretty insulting to Stern and the thousands of buyers of those pins. They are the evolution of Whitestar and SAM, not some cheap alternative.
I am fortunate to have two locations near me that get mostly every Stern that comes out. I really wanted to like BKSOR. I've played the pro and LE and it's just not all that fun for me. Maybe your experience will be better. And I LOVE Steve Ritchie games. I have LZ premium and I've also played the pro a lot and that game rips! The shots flow so well and the rule set is good and very unique. I think a lot of players are sleeping on LZ just due to all the negativity it got when released. People say the playfield is sparse. The open playfield is what makes it shoot so well!
Back to Metallica. Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie. I doubt we will ever see those 3 collaborate on one pin again. Such a great combination!

Metallica is the only machine I would never sell.

2 weeks later
#18605 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Knock on wood..my MET pro has got to be well over 10k total plays.. code updates prevent actual number.. but regular maintenance, never had any major issues since new. Frikkin love this game!

Interested to see the playfield condition. Could you send some photos?

#18609 2 years ago

Hammered-flat playfield? I have not heard of this.

#18612 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The theory is that once a game gets 10,000 dimples, they all blend together so the playfield looks un-dimpled. I happen to subscribe to this theory. I wish I had more pics of my MET when it was less than a year old. I can’t remember if it dimpled then or not.

My Met has lots of dimples. My JP has none. The wood seems different.

1 month later
#18914 2 years ago

Could someone tell me what color lights the premium uses around the sling shots/lanes?

#18939 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Red, white, and blue.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Any one try this color combo on the pro?

#18944 2 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

My pro that I had last year had GI colors similar to the premium.

That came out nice for a pro.

1 week later
#18967 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for all the input guys.
Worst case….I can tell the owner it’s f**ked and maybe get it for a SUPER steal lol

What does he have it listed for now? Must have been routed.

1 year later
#20461 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’m looking for this topper if anybody is moving on from a Metallica or looking to part with this topper. Thanks
[quoted image]

Never seen that one before.

#20463 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

It's made by Tilt Toppers. He does great work on his toppers at a great price, but communication could be better and you may have to wait months to get one.
I was lucky enough to get one from him. I bought it awhile back. I asked him about the topper and he did respond stating he was no longer producing the topper, but he did find the original mold so he would do one for me. It took a long time to get it and he finally emailed me stating it was being shipped the next day. Time went by and I asked him about the topper. He stated the girl who was doing the shipping at the time accidently dropped it and broke the Sparky head off. I told him to ship it to me and I would glue the head on myself, but he insisted on fixing the problem.
I finally received the topper and it looks great and very well made. If the owner could get his customer service inline, his business would boom because they are great looking toppers. I have toppers from him for my POTC, MET, IJ and Star Trek and my brother has one for his TSPP. Again, great work. If I didn't already have the Stern topper for IMDN, I would have DEFINITELY bought the one he made for it because it looks awesome. Check out his web site.

Thanks for the info. I will never sell my Metallica, one of my top machines.

4 months later
#20775 1 year ago

Metallica pro. The light inside the graveyard cross keeps popping out after taking only a few hits from the ball. Has anyone else encountered this?

#20782 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I use cut a thin strip of electric tape and wrap around the bottom like shown for spotlights and other bulbs that keep falling out. It makes it hard to push in, but it stays in.
[quoted image]

Thanks, I will try that.

#20794 1 year ago
Quoted from Luis75:

Installation of spinners and art blades underway, should post the video before and after, also changing some LEDs with different colours
[quoted image]

Looks like that will be a lot of work.

#20820 1 year ago

Met is the only machine I will never sell.

1 month later
#20954 11 months ago

Is there a hidden song once you reach end of the line?

#20960 11 months ago

How do you obtain the hidden song? Once obtained are you able to select it during future gameplays?

#20962 11 months ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Once you have achieved and played end of the line once, the song, the end of the line, is available as a selection at the start of a new game.

Thanks. I have a long way to go.

3 months later
#21174 7 months ago

Will there be a rerun of the sparky toy?

4 months later
#21589 75 days ago

I have a problem that acts up once every few games.
The VERTICAL UP-KICKER fires but occasionally it results in the ball not quite making it into the shooter lane every few games.
Now instead of it firing a ball again, because the ball never made it up, nothing happens.
This forces me to open the coin door and manually operate the VERTICAL UP-KICKER to put a ball in play. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

#21591 75 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I've had games where the coil bracket slightly bends over time and bending it back under is centered on the ball gives it that extra little bit of oomf.

Im not sure what that is. Would you take a photo of what I am to bend?

#21598 74 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Doesn't sound like an upkicker problem to me because the game should recognize that the ball is not in play. Sounds like more of a switch issue. I would think that you could adjust trough power so it kicks it out right the first time.

I don't see an option for increasing the power.

#21603 74 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not home to take a photo right now but it's the bracket that holds that vertical up kicker that you are pushing up on to eject the ball. If you just move it slightly forward or back so that that vertical upkicker is centered on the ball better it may work. Just pull on the very bottom of it so you get some leverage it won't take much.

Not sure what to bend but when comparing it to other machines everything seems to line up.

#21623 69 days ago

Does any one know if Metallica was Sterns highest selling pin?

2 weeks later
#21642 55 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Never liked the translite on my Pro so decided to upgrade to a real glass premium translite from Europe. Also installed the LED backbox board from Arcade Upkeep. I think these are one of the best mods for your buck if you have any games with the tube lighting. You can control the brightness separately for game play and attract mode.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How are you able to tell what number your PRO is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.