51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msj2222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14495 5 years ago

Any recommendations for replacing the cabinet speaker besides FF or Pinball pro? I think its a 8" 4 ohm but do I need a subwoofer, Dual voice? Thanks in advance for any help. I was looking at these...

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Storm-Subwoofer-SS8-Single/dp/B00CMC6O68/ref=pd_sbs_107_3

https://www.amazon.com/Goldwood-Sound-GW-208-Replacement-Speaker/dp/B0002ZPSD2/ref=pd_sbs_107_37

#14496 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Speaking of the Pinbits plastics protectors...
I was trying to install my neon green protectors today and I ran into a snag (somewhat literally) on the graveyard protector. My original plastic was pretttttty snug in place and adding the extra plastic, I can't get the screws back on top! Most notably, the post that holds the flasher over the left ramp. Is there some sort of trick to getting this one on there? Am I doing something wrong? Is it possibly my posts are not installed correctly since I had such a problem with the original plastic even coming off? Also the screws in the back of the cross are SNUG up on the plastic, making getting the plastics on/off very difficult.

I had to grind a little of the spotlight post to make the threads grab..it was tight

#14498 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just put a powered sub under the game with the Pinovator break out board. I have that set-up on a few games and love it.

yes, I have that and its great but I need a new cab speaker and thought I would get something a little nicer that the stock version

#14551 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

Probably not the thread to post this even though I've looked everywhere - and this seems to be the most active Met thread. The opto on the electric chair is not working; I've got to hit dead center on the target to a get a register. The following two things can trigger a register or Sparky multiball, other than the center target:
1. When it’s time to trigger Sparky; it starts up occasionally while in the bumper area or the Snake scoop.
2. On several occasions, it either registers a hit or starts multiball when I hit the Snake scoop.
Any thoughts? Ideas? Any other information I can provide bc I’m beyond stumped? And thank you![quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, it looks like the opto transmitter isn't lined with the receiver up to me.

#14575 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Just had to laugh...A Met Pro for sale for $7,750....over $3K in mods was just posted. A perfect example of spending more than just getting a premium. May as well buy an LE at that price.

Ya , but a mint Refinery Premium just went up for $6800. that's loaded with good stuff . If I didn't just pick one up I would be sending $$ today!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “This machine has a number of significant upgrades. First, it was sent to Pinball Refinery and they powdercoated the rails and lockdown bar, added led stadium lights, stainless stee...”
2018-11-03
Powhatan, VA
6,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 516 times
Contributed to Pinside

#14662 5 years ago

Is it worth putting cliffy drop protectors on the cross drops or is it not necessary?

#14678 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Shit, was playing a quick game tonight, and was holding the ball on the flipper for probably a couple of minutes (talking to wife), when it froze in the upright position and then completely stopped working.
Assuming I just burned a fuse? I haven't even opened the manual, so I'm just being lazy, but figured I'd save myself some digging around by posting this.
I always thought the flippers could hold for longer, but guessing just learned something new!

My ac/dc did this and it was the inline fuse near the flipper coil on the underside of the playfield. Once I replaced that the flipper would stay engaged on power up. I had to replace a transistor on the main board. I hope yours is just a fuse but thought I would post this incase you encounter a similar situation.

#14696 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ok, so put a new fuse in for the flipper, and it immediately engaged the flipper and blew the fuse. Did it twice for good measure.
So I'm now assuming it's the transistor. Sound about right?[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/transistor-replacement-for-22ne10l.html

#14758 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What size is this t molding? 13/16? 3/4 isnt going to be big enough. So hard to tell. What a strange size.

It says 3/4 in the other thread but I haven't changed any of mine

1 week later
#14920 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Does anyone know if i can still get these cross 'insert liners' for a Premium?
I had them on my Pro, and would like to fit them on a Premium (i think it's a slightly different fit).
Messaged the seller damageinc55 but no reply in a few days and the shop link isn't working anymore...
They are/were brilliant - highly recommended.

I would be in for a set too if you locate them. Thanks

#14930 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing on these. Work/School/Kids and a few other things have gotten in the way. I was finding myself unable to get them out in a timely manner.
1. Woody, please send my your mailing address again.
2. I'll have these up in the market section by the end of the week. I have a bunch made up, but want to pre-pack them so I don't run into issues getting them out on time.
3. If you have access to a 3d printer, let me know. Happy to send my files over.

Pm'd for for files...Thanks!

#15018 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Every 10 games or so I get a trough eject with two balls. Anyone know why this just happens sporadically like this?
Also I tried lowering the snake with washers and I'm still getting quite a few rejections. Can someone who has a snake that does not reject possibly take a photo of where the snake is positioned with the jaw down.
I want to see where it is positioned in the groove of the wood. Right now I have tried to centered so there is the same amount of space opening on the left and right side of the snake's head. Not sure if it should be leaning more one way.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mine was doing this...It ejected a ball, it would bounce back down into the trough on top of the next ball, it would then eject both of those. I put a small piece of electric tape along the rail where the ball hit to absorb some energy and it hasn't happened since. Hope that helps

2 weeks later
#15285 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I bet you are right. At the bottom of the main board on the left in the backbox, I can see the flasher section and the corresponding #29 (associated with right ramp flasher). I'm not greatest at knowing Exactly what I'm looking at, but everything seemed ok to look it (nothing broken, burned, etc).
Is there a way to check and replace it? Can you take a pic of the transistor so I can make sure I'm looking at the right thing. I can do some simple soldering, but I'm no pro. If I did get a replacement transistor, do you know what type/name for that particular part?
Is it better to get a while new board in these cases?
Ugh...
Thanks in advance.

Certainly don't need a new board. Just probably needs a replacement of a small component. If you don't feel comfortable then find a tech in your area. You should try to learn yourself if you are going to have a collection, its pretty basic.

#15299 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That's a great video on locating and testing the transistors. Yeah, i definitely want to be able to do/fix as much as possible on my own. In the event it is the transistor and needs replacing, do you by chance know the part name to the transistor?
Thanks for your reply and video link!
Cheers, and happy holidays

You would need to locate which one is bad, then look it up in the manual. There is a section that has the boards listed and what components are on it. I usually order my parts from Pinball life

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msj2222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=msj2222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.