51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3659 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Pissed,image.jpg less than 3 weeks nib playfield is chipped up around sparky magnet! Any ideas to fix or cover?

Did you contact Stern and did they do anything for you? I've had mine for two weeks today and had the same thing happen, and it appears there are two more chips below there about to come off..

image1.JPGimage1.JPG

Sorry for the darkness of the pic, it didn't seem to show very well with the flash on

#3662 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That magnet looks like it is below the playfield...be sure it is flush with the playfield. Still tho, that should not be happening to the playfield, I would be livid and demanding something be done either through your distributor or directly with Stern. Good luck.

It does look like that, but that's just the picture as I just took the glass off and checked and it's flush.
I emailed the distributor and am waiting to hear back, don't want to play it any until then because it looks like more is going to chip off pretty quickly if I do.

#3667 8 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

It does look like that, but that's just the picture as I just took the glass off and checked and it's flush.
I emailed the distributor and am waiting to hear back, don't want to play it any until then because it looks like more is going to chip off pretty quickly if I do.

Spoke to the distributer today and they said they'll take care of it and have a new populated playfield sent out.

3 months later
#4573 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

First time I have seen the eyeballs on the coffin lock insert on a pro.
What type of decal is that and where did it come from?
I'm not a fan of putting anything sticky on a playfield but that looks pretty nice in the photo.

http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/met-eye-ball-coffin

5 months later
#6212 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's a whole bunch of things, Sparky, hammer, snake, ramps and out lanes, scoop but the rollovers I mentioned are the most points

I don't know how many points the lit lane/"super skill shot" are worth, but hitting the super skill shot with the lit lane seems more valuable in the long run to advance to crank it up.

3 weeks later
#6445 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Is there a bug in the code where the snake light is on, you hit the shot and hear the snake hiss but it doesn't progress SNAKE multi-ball? And the light stays lit after the shot.

Sounds like one of your switches isn't registering.

1 week later
#6548 8 years ago

Replaced my plastic post with a metal one last night.
Don't notice any difference at all, left side rejects back down the left orbit, right side goes into the pops.
5% of the time the opposite happens, but that's the same as it was with the plastic post.

#6552 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you adjust the height of the post? I thought once you change the plastic post to the metal post the height is dictated by the length of the armature and not adjustable.

Do you have to remove the assembly from underneath the playfield to change the post?

I think you just adjust the screw on the stopper, but I don't know that I want to lower mine, shouldn't it be set based on when it's down?
Like when it's down it should be level with the playfield, I don't want to lower it below that.

1 month later
#7040 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm really curious about what happened around that time. Was it a new process Stern was trying, or did something just go really wrong in production? I haven't even seen a theory about what causes it.

I heard that when they were moving to the new factory the playfields weren't curing long enough or something like that.

1 week later
#7125 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Advice and help needed. I have a pro that was made April 7th 2015 when Stern moved. It is known but not admitted that there was a curing issue.Stern has said that they believe that my game has normal wear for 1600 plays on my sparky magnet. I feel they are wrong. I would love to see pics of sparky magnet with more plays than mine. I have older and newer Sterns that have no issues like this. I feel Stern should be ashamed at this type of quality they put out and will not fix. They are going to send me head decals for the ones that are peeling off. I'm surprised that is not considered normal as well. Any help,pics,or advice is welcomed.

I had mine for two weeks and it started chipping off. It was worse than your picture, parts of the paint were chipping off. as big as a fingernail maybe. I don't know how to link to it, but I posted a picture in this thread on 6/6/2015 when it first started (it got worse after that). I don't know that I'd say yours is the same problem I had.

edit: Figured out how to lunk to the post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/74#post-2496528

1 month later
#7669 7 years ago

With a newly purchased colorDMD? I've never had to put in a serial number, although I read that the early versions required something like that.

3 months later
#8634 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

this one?
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smdfd.htm
one other question. When I lose a ball the music stops completely and then comes back a little then full effect for ball 2. I've seen videos where the music continues playing but lower. How do I set that in my machine? Also - what does that GI brightness really do b/c 100 seems no different. Same with music volume. Only thing that really made an impact was the music vs speech settings. going - made it better.

I think it does that when you tilt of get a warning when it's draining on mine. Does it happen to you every time?

4 months later
#10283 7 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Can anyone explain how or what is hit to allow the ball to Loop all the way around the back rather than being stopped by the diverters? most the time it hits the diverters but I know sometimes it Loops I just don't know why it does each thing specifically?

Start And Justice For All mode by spelling Metallica and it loops around. Also on the Super Skill Shot when you hold the left flipper when plunging. Maybe other times as well, but that's all I can think off of the top of my head.

10 months later
#12509 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was simply going to say "just don't open the door" but in tourney play, there seems to be more to it. What makes tourney play different from hou or location play?

During tournament play at times you may need to remove the glass during a game, for thing such as freeing a stuck ball as no competitor wants to tilt trying to free it.

2 months later
#13310 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a shaker control in the menu? (Premium)
Mine rattles the hell out of the game. Tried some cushion under it and tightened it down . Slight better but still annoying.
I'd like to.tone the shake down a bit.

Get one oft these. Allows you to adjust the power of the shaker.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010JLSC3G/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=mrducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.